Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's true, Max, they really are dangerous.
I think NBC learned a lesson with Grimm in Season 2 when they had a 5-month hiatus from Nov. to March, but even a month is too much for some people.

I have no doubt I'll be watching for Forever's return, though.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
It's true, Max, they really are dangerous.
I think NBC learned a lesson with Grimm in Season 2 when they had a 5-month hiatus from Nov. to March, but even a month is too much for some people.

I have no doubt I'll be watching for Forever's return, though.
I can remember when shows only took breaks for the holidays and then summer to film.... Now... there is winter hiatus and then the long break in summer..... Ugh... I hate it.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Extreme Fan

OMG! I just caught the episode "Skinny Dipper" and I KNEW IT! Something just "clicked" for me when he was being shrinked.
TrekGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hahahaha!!! you were paying better attention than I was!! Cause i was kinda pointing and shouting OWEN, cause the other immortal in the show, I know him from Torchwood, the Doctor Who spin off!!! hahahaha!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Extreme Fan

NEW episode tonight! I can't wait!

And yes ChakotaysLover... long breaks are very dangerous! It proved fatal for "Heroes" not just because of the long breaks but also because of the WGA strike.

We are now seeing "breaks" during the November Sweeps Week for certain shows so the networks can bolster their top rated shows, Thanksgiving week break, Winter Holiday break leading into the New year break, Spring break then the Spring Sweeps week as well.

However, networks have gotten a "wee" bit smarter. They are now introducing (assumed to be) shorter lived series' during the Summer to give them a "test" to see if they are worthy of a full "season".

On a side note: "IF" (like ever) any of my screenplays get optioned and I joined the WGA and THEN they had a strike... I wouldn't know what to do. I could say and do nothing and hope that the strike ends quickly and my show doesn't lose viewers, or I could be a scab to make money so I don't go back on welfare and risk being black-balled.

Last edited by TrekGoddess; 01-06-2015 at 01:32 PM
Old 01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Excellent episode tonight! I was really glad to have the show back. I've missed it.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Excellent episode tonight! I was really glad to have the show back. I've missed it.
I agree! I am SOOO happy that the show is back on! I'd forgotten that a Baldwin brother was going to be in it. lol Those writers are certainly going to toy with us fans as to IF & HOW Henry is going to die in each episode. Curses! lol
Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, the way he's been standing in front of speeding cars, it's almost as if he's looking for an excuse to expose himself to Jo (badaboom pun not intended!).

Old 01-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, the way he's been standing in front of speeding cars, it's almost as if he's looking for an excuse to expose himself to Jo (badaboom pun not intended!).
Yeah! For a few moments there, I thought that for sure Henry was going to be offed again! Damn it! lol The writer's have surely tapped into the morbid and basic curiosity that we humans have about death. lol It's going to be a game of chicken between the writers and the viewers. lol

I wonder, if/when the show has run it's course or gets cancelled will Henry then reach HIS final death? Hrmmm???
Old 01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It may be that the circumstances of his first death would have to be repeated exactly; but I think it's just as likely he'll finally become reconciled to his state of being and ride off into the sunset.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It may be that the circumstances of his first death would have to be repeated exactly; but I think it's just as likely he'll finally become reconciled to his state of being and ride off into the sunset.
Ooh! A VERY valid point! It "just" might come down to the same exact circumstances as his initial death.

I have no doubt that he will rise above his "nemesis". It's just the way writer's write to appease the audience. Everyone loves the good and at least strongly dislikes the bad. As a writer, I can so totally see what drives his nemesis. I tend to have a dark nature. mwahahahaha > A writer ALWAYS has to see/predict both sides in order to write a good story.

Even here on FF I predicted the outcome of "The 4400". I "knew" that Richard was to play an important role to his daughter. The clues were there all along. That's why, when watching "Forever" I asked of myself as to "if" we had already seen his nemesis starting with the pilot episode. I payed close attention to the voice on the phone. I have an uncanny ability to recall voices and mimic them. Just factually speaking.

Anyway, I wonder, if in the end of the series, that Jo will be seriously harmed and in need of a blood transfusion (to which Henry is a spot-on match), he donates and hence... she becomes immortal (learns his secret) and the two of them ride off into the sunset. After all, I believe, we all are "shipping" for their "coupling".

Last edited by TrekGoddess; 01-08-2015 at 02:19 PM
Old 01-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Extreme Fan

With the big reveal as to who his stalker is, I wonder if revealing him so soon in the series will it either shorten the life span of the series or add to it?
Old 01-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGoddess (View Post)

And yes ChakotaysLover... long breaks are very dangerous! It proved fatal for "Heroes" not just because of the long breaks but also because of the WGA strike.
I have the attention span of a cocker spaniel and I end up forgetting during long break, even if the mid season was boring and it was starting to lose me. Forever hasn't been like that because I like Ioan as an actor! LOL!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGoddess (View Post)
With the big reveal as to who his stalker is, I wonder if revealing him so soon in the series will it either shorten the life span of the series or add to it?
It shouldn't make a difference. It doesn't matter much that he knows the identity of his stalker, because what's he going to do about it? Can't kill the guy or anything ..

Old 01-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It shouldn't make a difference. It doesn't matter much that he knows the identity of his stalker, because what's he going to do about it? Can't kill the guy or anything ..
To me it seemed like it added an air of mystery to the show. I love a good game of cat and mouse.
Reply   Post New Thread