Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

I also love his first attempt, when Mal and Zoe finally get all their lines right and it's his turn and Simon says "What about the cortical electrodes?" and Jayne just goes "We forgot 'em."
Old 11-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Simon must have been enjoying being the one with the know-how for a change, the one who the others (especially Jayne) had to listen to. And I loved his expression when he saw that Jayne was making a cheat-sheet.

One of my favorite lines is in the next episode, where Simon refers to growing a big black mustache in his role as criminal mastermind, because he's "a traditionalist".

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla
Simon must have been enjoying being the one with the know-how for a change, the one who the others (especially Jayne) had to listen to. And I loved his expression when he saw that Jayne was making a cheat-sheet.

One of my favorite lines is in the next episode, where Simon refers to growing a big black mustache in his role as criminal mastermind, because he's "a traditionalist".

Hmmmm - - what is everyone's favorite line(s) from any given episode?

One of my faves has always been Kaylee's whispered "That's my good girl" as she pats Serenity at the end of the pilot episode...brings a tear to my eye every time!

Anyone else?

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Addicted Fan

well i cant choose all the eps are amazing. but i love Jaynestown, it was soooo funny.

mal gave him the funniest look at the begining when they were getting out of the ship and jayn had that duisguise '

Bhery
Old 11-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think I could choose a favourite line ... the show has so many good quotes! I think pretty high up there, though, has to be Jayne in "Safe" - "Dear diary. Today I was pompous, and my sister was crazy. Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever." Also Jayne in "Our Mrs Reynolds" (Jayne does get so many good lines!) "You gotta wife? All I got was that dumb-ass stick sounds like it's rainin'. How come you got a wife?"

I drunk!Simon in Jaynestown, also "To Jayne. The box-dropping, man-ape-gone-wrong thing."

As for exchanges between more than one character, I do love these:

Zoe: Captain will come up with a plan.
Kaylee: Well, that's good. Right?
Zoe: Possible you're not recalling some of his previous plans.

Mal: This is my first mate, Zoe. I'll introduce you to the rest in a bit. They're good folk.
Jayne: Can I start getting sexed already?
Mal: Well, that one's kind of horrific.

Mal: Inara, think you could stoop to being on my arm?
Inara: Will you wash it first?

Simon: This may come as a shock, but I'm actually not very good at talking to girls.
Zoe: Why, is there someone you are good at talking to?

Wash: Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What'll she do next?
Zoe: Either blow us all up or rub soup in our hair. It's a toss-up.
Wash: I hope she does the soup thing. It's always a hoot, and we don't all die from it.

Wash gets a lot of good lines too I love when Simon dopes up Jayne and Jayne collapses and Wash just looks at him and goes "Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?" Oh and when he's in bed with Zoe, talking about Jayne killing her ... his poetry is so pretty! "Here lies my beloved Zoe, my autumn flower, somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

"Oh my god, it's grotesque! Oh, and there's something in a jar."

But everyone gets some great lines. Simon telling Zoe he's not good at talking to girls and her asking if there's someone he *is* good at talking to

I think my favourite Mal line might have to be "May have been the losing side; still not convinced it was the wrong one." That, and "It would be humiliating, having to lie there while a better man refused to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (Stabs Atherton) Guess I'm just a good man. (Stabs him again.) Well, I'm all right."

Old 11-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

My favorite exchange is the one the thread title's from:

Mal: We're still flyin'.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

I also like their exchange at the end of Safe, when Simon asks why Mal came back for them, when he doesn't even like him. "You're on my crew. Why are we still talkin' about this?"

Oh, and then there was when Early was trying to make Simon convince River that he wasn't so bad after all, and Simon says that he's all warm and cuddly now and "We're becoming fast friends."

Or when Zoe tells Mal in Train Job that he has a problem with his brain being missing.

And on the not-so-funny side of things, there's War Stories, with Book's line about the Bible being fuzzy on the subject of knee caps, or Mal's "You want to know the real me?" to Niska. That line always gives me chills watching it.

You know, I may have to rewatch all the episodes just to see what my favorite lines from each are. There are too many to choose from. It can be a project.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Wash: Some people juggle geese!

Old 11-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

I love Wash's obsession with shadow puppets...and it's even funnier when you know it's an Alan thing
Old 11-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh, and Wash's introduction to the show was just great, sitting up there during an illegal activity, playing with toy dinosaurs. "Curse you, and your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!"

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

"Ha, ha, ha! Mine is an evil laugh!!"

Old 11-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I just love Wash's mustache in Out of Gas ... and the gag reel with Nathan and Gina wearing them too I just wish we could have seen more of Alan's reaction!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Novel adventures for Joss Whedon's space western.

Three new books based upon the adventures of Mal Reynolds and his motley crew have been announced by publishers Simon and Schuster.

The range will launch next autumn with an adaptation of Joss Whedon's screenplay for big screen adventure Serenity.

Although the publishers considered asking Joss to write the novel himself, the job eventually fell to Keith R.A. DeCandido, who has previously written several Buffy and Angel tie-ins.

The Serenity adaptation will be followed by two original Firefly novels in 2006.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Loyal Fan

One of my favorite quotes was from the pilot where Jayne said to Simon at the dinner table about how Kaylee probably wished that he was a gynecologist. Kaylee about died and Mal looked really pissed off.

Kate: It must be cold without your trunks.
Sawyer: You bet. How about you come a little closer and warm me up?
Old 11-28-2004, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

I kind of liked Mal's reaction, how protective he was of Kaylee's feelings.

I'd read about those Firefly books. I hope they're good. I don't generally like media tie-in books. But the most recent batch of Babylon 5 books were really good, and were approved of by the creator/considered part of the actual show's storyline. I hope that the Firefly ones are as good and tie-in as well (since I'm sure I won't be able to resist buying and reading them regardless, as I am weak where my obsessions are concerned ).

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-28-2004, 05:11 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I'm excited about the Firefly books. The Buffy and Angel tie-ins had some good novels and anything Firefly is gold.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread