Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Faythe Sanders/The Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent Appreciation #1

Welcome to the 1st Faythe Sanders/The Shifters Series Appreciation Thread

1.) Stray
Stray is the first book of the Shifter Series, in which Faythe Sanders, the main character, is introduced. She is a werecat desperately trying to escape her world and live free as any normal 'human' girl her age would. Her responsibilities as a werecat include marriage and childbearing, none of which she is ready for. While away at Graduate school, Faythe is visited by her ex-fiance, Marc Ramos, who is there to inform her that there have been two tabby kidnappings. Tabbies, or female werecats are rare and therefore valuable to the werecat community. One small mistake causes Faythe to get kidnapped herself.

2.) Rogue
Rogue is the second book of the Shifter Series. Faythe finds herself an enforcer, or protector of her Pride. She has gotten back together with her ex-fiance, Marc Ramos, but is still not willing to marry him, convinced that her life would be over if she did. Faythe discovers that her human ex-boyfriend, Andrew, has become a werecat himself, a Stray (a werecat not born into a Pride, a person who was scratched or bitten by a werecat, and turned into a werecat). Faythe discovers that she accidentally turned Andrew into a werecat and he wants to kill her for it.

3.) Pride
In Pride, Faythe Sanders is fully aware that her father intends on making her Alpha of the Pride when he retires. Unfortunately, she finds herself on trial by the Territorial Council for infecting Andrew, her human ex-boyfriend. While on trial, an amazing discovery is made, a young tabby is found. She is malnurished and has been wandering in the woods for months. Kaci, the young tabby, gradually comes to trust Faythe and confesses where she came from and what happened to her.

4.) Prey
In Prey, Faythe realizes that she may have feelings for Jace, while she loves Marc. Marc gets kidnapped and Faythe does everything she can to find him. She discovers that Calvin Malone is acting dishonorably against her Pride and trying to take over the Territorial Council, once run by her father, Greg Sanders. Faythe realizes that in order to restore power in the right places she needs to show the Territorial Council what kind of man Calvin Malone is.

5.) Shift
Faythe and the rest of her Pride are seeking revenge for the murder of her brother Ethan. Ethan's girlfriend Angela informed Faythe that she is pregnant with Ethan's baby, but Faythe is still in mourning and has no time to address the issue. Jace pursues Faythe, despite her plea for more time to decide what to do. She knows she loves Marc, but realizes that she has feelings for Jace as well. Calvin Malone sends Thunderbirds to start killing Faythe's Pride members, so Faythe must act fast to help her keep her Pride safe. Marc finds out about Faythe's infidelity with Jace and tells her that she must choose.

6.) Alpha
Coming on October 1, 2010 It is the final book in this series, in which Faythe must make many tough choices.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the the Nad

Wonder who'll end up with Faythe - my bet would be Marc
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully it will be Marc.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy (View Post)
Hopefully it will be Marc.
I sure hope so, Jayce and the whole 'I can't decide...' is getting on my nerves

I've really enjoyed the series so far, but I feel like Faythe is stuck for quite some time, when it comes to character development that is. She realizes there needs to be a decision but can't make it because she doesn't want to hurt Marc or Jayce? That's been dragged on for 3 books now and if we don't get a solution soonish (as in early in the next book) it'll be ridiculous.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so I've read the first three chapters of 'Alpha' over the weekend... can't say I'm overly impressed so far. Hopefully I'll see some development soon, otherwise it's going to be a hard read (even more so, since I've got the ebook... and I don't really like ebooks ).
Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Ok. doesn't sounds so promising.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy (View Post)
Ok. doesn't sounds so promising.
Okay... since the book just came out, I'll put the next point under spoiler tags
Spoiler:
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

So I managed to finally finish the book last night...

Overall, I think it could have been worse, but definitely not my fave book in the series.

Spoiler:
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Doesn't sound too good.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

What bothers me is that she had to drag out the whole decision making process for so long (whether it's the whole Alpha yes/no or the 'whom will she chose' issue).
Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yep. something books/series take too long to make the choice.