Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's great you are so enthusiastic about the show. And it's awesome it helps your faith.

There's a christian thread on if you wish to discuss such things with others, too. I'm sure they'd be happy to talk on that subject there with you if you want to.

Everyday Life & Interests - Christian Thread #12: “For all have sinned & fall short of the glory of God.” - Romans 3:23
Old 02-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank you so much for that reference.

I'm an incredibly Godly Christian, and am someone who has always put Him (as in, the greatest Him who has ever been, has ever existed, and will ever be).

I worship the holiest of trinities, the father, the son, and the holy ghost with every single atom of my being....

But I also love Farscape, lol....

Go figure....

Old 02-12-2018, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching the episode where Moya is used by a Luxan woman to make herself young, with terrible consequences, she makes Moya old instead.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Let's just talk about the pilot episode, where a man travels down a wormhole, finds the girl of his dreams, and... all sorts of things ensue, because that's one of my favorites....

And let's not even remotely speak about how much I love the one where Pau Zoto Zahn sacrificed her life to save Aeyrn, giving up her life in the process.... which means you probably need to catch up in your re-watch?

I really loved that "Big, beautiful blue... Blank..."

I have never seen a show with such heart, such talent, or such integrity. It is genuinely the show that has moved me more than any other show ever has or ever will. I'm gonna be grateful for it for every single season it was on. I own all of them on DVD, and I'm really glad that I can own them and watch and re-watch them.

I own the Peacekeeper Wars. I love that show even more than I love... any show on Earth....

It's gonna happen. I know what it takes to love a show so much that you adore "Look at the Princess" because it showed John Chricton's (slash, Ben Browder's own two kids (and has there ever been anything more gorgeous than his two kids? Has there ever been anything more gorgeous than his willingness to marry a perfect stranger just to legitimate their lives on the throne?)).

Or more beautiful than his own two children? More special than the special effects necessary to make the show possible to all of the science fiction community?

Because I will probably fight you if necessary. I have never loved a show as much as I have loved Farscape, and that's saying a lot!!!!

I have every single episode memorized (aka, on mental DVD). They make me chuckle.

They make me weep.

They make me wish for a single iota of "John Chricton's" humanity, because... I love the show, I love science fiction, and my Daddy taught me to love science fiction (including the original version of Star Trek, at my Daddy's knee, then he taught me to love Ray Bradbury (I saw him once, drunk off of his socks, at a panel moderated by Carl Sagen -- the great Carl Sagen!!!! The amazing Carl Sagen!!!!)

Because if you've never watched the original "Cosmos" with Carl Sagen, well, you probably have never lived, never understood humanity's place in the Universe, in the march to creation... then you've never really lived....

I worked at Caltech. It was the best job of my life, teaching blossoming science writers how to write like... human beings....

I have a law degree. I have been sponsored by some of the most brilliant minds on Planet Earth to get it.

I am probably the most amazing person you have ever known, and I LOVE Farscape!!!!

(blushing....)

... Blushing again and again....

Because I will probably say incredibly bad things about you behind your back, lol.

(No, I'd never do that, because I am probably the best Christian you'll ever know and because... you created this forum...).

And that's just me being as lucid as I can possibly be, because I honked really hard today at someone who refused to move so that I could get into my parking space... so often and so hard that I may have broken my horn, lol....

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 02-13-2018 at 08:44 PM
Old 02-14-2018, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The pilot episode is awesome. I'm enjoying season 2 right now.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Graphics Team

Are you watching it for the first time?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-16-2018, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No I've seen it many times, but fortunately for me my memory's bad so I can rewatch things and not be able to remember them!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Graphics Team

Ohh I see. Well my memory's not that great either
But I still love rewatching this show. Are you shipping the obvious couples? (John/Aeryn, Chiana/D'Argo, Zhaan/Stark)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes! I shipped all three of those couples! So much! I would have liked Stark to have been in more episodes too. He was great!

I watched the episode today where Pilot was put into Moia by the Peacekeepers. A very good episode!
Old 02-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

I shipped those three too!! In the early days, I kinda shipped D'Argo and Zhaan! LOL!

This is another show that I have to BINGE a few times in a row! OMG! It is just so good!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Oh yes! I shipped all three of those couples! So much! I would have liked Stark to have been in more episodes too. He was great!

I watched the episode today where Pilot was put into Moia by the Peacekeepers. A very good episode!
Yeah Stark was a good character

Oh you're talking about "The Way We Weren't", the episode about Aeryn's past?
That was a good ep but it was quite heartbreaking as well.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the one. I didn't get to finish watching it, but I do love it.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Graphics Team

Well hopefully you'll finish it sometime
While you do a rewatch do you happen to remember anything from the episodes? Or is it basically like watching it for the first time?
Old 02-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tend to not remember them at first, but remember details as the episode plays out. There's always some aspect I've completely forgotten though. Sometimes I don't remember an episode at all. Equally some episodes I remember very well, if that episode was a favourite.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Graphics Team

Oh okay
So do you have any favs you can think of?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread