Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)

Like the first scene where we meet 2 Nebari, one of which is Chiana. We found out that the Zelbinian PK war ship was destroyed with no effort by a small Nebari cruiser... They were powerful and I am now also saddened that the writers did not build on that.
Well, they said that the Zelbinian had encounted a standard patrol vessel. We have no way of knowing the size of such a vessel. We also do not know the tactics they used in fighting the Zelbinian. For all we know they could have made contact and then infiltrated its defenses from within.

However, as someone mentioned, the Peacekeepers were not as advanced technologically in their weaponry as some of the other races. The nebari (and the luxans) possessed phase weaponry and Chiana was aware of a disaster her people's scientists had while experimenting on advanced weaponry. I think the Peacekeepers were able to exert force by the sheer size of their ships (in comparison to the ships of other races) and their numbers. They were better at the frontal attacks that Aeryn was so in favor of. The reason they were so afraid of the scarrans is that the scarrans matched and even surpassed them in ship size, and surpassed them in numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton

Stark pisses me of totally. The only scene I liked Stark in was when he was trying in vain to reach Zhaan as she was about to sacrifice her life for the the crew and Moya when separating that twisty-wormhole ship of Vala's. Stark was running around desperately trying to get to her.
Agree completely. There was one other scene where I liked him, and that was when he stitched up Rygel and saved him after he was filleted by Xhalax.

Last edited by enigma777; 04-06-2007 at 03:11 PM
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Couldn't have said it better myself E7.

Knowing Nebari, I would bet they snuck on the ship and wrecked it from within. It's just their style.

I think the PK got where they are be expert leadership as well. The do seem to have some great strategist amoungst them compared to other races.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me or point me in the right direction. I watched PK the other day, and was hooked on the show (even though I was about 4 season behind on my info). So I went on you tube and saw clips of Ben and Claudia from the Farscape convention 2004. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it. I emailed Creation, but they said they no longer sell it. If anyone could help, please PM me. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Are you looking for Peacekeeper Wars?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I already have Peacekeeper Wars. What I'm looking for is a DVD of the 2004 Farscape Convention that was done in Burbank. It's hosted by Creation Ent. I went to their site, but they don't have the DVD of that year anymore for sale. I know there's a dvd cause I've seen various clips (particularly of Claudia and Ben doing a Q&A) from that year of websites.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

didn't know they had one of the convintions on dvd, that's kinda cool.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, they have stuff for 2006 and 2005, but the 2004 stuff is from what I've seen, the ben and claudia show. If you search on youtube for farscape convention, there's stuff from the Burbank conventions. The 2004 stuff is just Ben and Claudia, which can only mean one thing: hilarious. Defenitely recommend you look for it, i could not stop laughing at those two and how awesome and comfortable they are with each other.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I can suggest some places. EBay is a good place to start. You might also want to try FarscapeWorld.com to see if they have ads or something. amazon might have some for sale as well.

Either that, or have you tried just googling for the DVD?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I've tried all those places, but I'm gonna constantly check Ebay and Amazon for new listings. Maybe stop by some of the scifi or comic conventions, see if anyone is selling them. Thanks for the help though.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Absolute Fan

good luck scorpio. let us know if you find it.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'll take a few looks out there too and see if I can find anything.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Cryostar. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have been looking but not much luck yet, just lots of people raving on about how good it is.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Crichton, where did you look??
Old 04-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey I just found this thread. Farscape is my all-time favorite show.

I have the DVD your talking about from Creation, but obviously it's not in print anymore. You already now this, but probably Ebay or Amazon would be your best bet. It's a really fun thing to watch, though I haven't watched it since I got it. I wish I could have been at that convention. I did go to one, and it was a blast. There is a DVD out of Ben from last years convention.

JackieHyde~EdwardBella
Closed Thread   Post New Thread