Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

Hope the head's feeling better JC.

Thanks for posting the next chapter.

Go drink some beer, it'll all feel better in the morning.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe drinking a beer or a few will create a different sorta headache?!

Yep, I added that 'Final chaper to follow' bit so you guys don't think that chapter six is the end, which it sound's like it is though... *shrugs* So I thought i'd let you know there is still one more chapter to go. BTW, did any of you guys notice that they made a reference to Rygel being a puppet in real-life?! hahaha As in, we all know that The Henson Company use a puppet to create the effect of Rygel being alive.

Quote:
Crichton strolled from room to room, wing to wing, viewing what seemed like every microt of Rygel's life celebrated, if not in vid-image recreation, then in the reading of epic poems, or live stage presentations. Even puppetry was represented.
I never noticed that ^ before!

Last edited by Camibra; 11-19-2004 at 11:37 AM
Old 11-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

CHAPTER SEVEN:

The journey home aboard Moya was a welcome respite after the emotional rollercoaster of Rygel's services and the whirlwind reunion with kids and grandkids. When the last farewell was said, the last hug given, Crichton rode the Transport Pod back into his valley.

It would take Aeryn no more than a few solar days to return the children to their respective lives. Then she would be back here - back home - as well.

In the kitchen, Crichton reached into the preservation chamber and pulled himself out a cold bottle of fellip nectar. He took it out onto the porch where two chairs rested side by side. Crichton eased into the chair that was his, cracked open the fellip, and took a sip. Across the valley, the two suns were setting, three-quarters of the larger sun already diped behind the horizon, the smaller sun not far behind. In a very short while, the day would be over.

Crichton looked out across the valley. he thought about Rygel. Then other faces drifted across his subconciousness. Dear departed Zhaan...Crais...and Stark...his own father and mother, his grandparents, and everyone he'd known on Earth who were surely long since departed from this existance.

He knew only the barest tip of what was to come - he had been there, after all - but of one thing he was certain - he would be seeing them all again, and there were countless adventures still to come.

The larger sun was completely gone now, its smaller brother just brushing the horizon. The valley before him was taking on a unearthly crimson hue. Unearthly. There was a word he hadn't thought of in a very, very long time. Before long, the smaller sun had disappeared, too. As its light faded, the moons of this planet became visible, three of them, standing out in m,ilky relief against the rich black canopy of space and the splash of millions of stars.

As he stared out at the vista, something his father had told him long ago came to mind. "Be your own kind of hero, John..." Hero? Crichton would always be uneasy applying that term to himself. But he had helped a lot of beings in his long life out here. In a way, large or small, he'd made a difference. He hoped it was a life that made his father proud.

Crichton took another sip of the fellip. His mind, at last, wandered back to those early times aboard Moya, when all he wanted with the greatest desperation was to get back to Earth. to get home.

Sitting here tonight, on this porch, looking out at the stars, waiting for Aeryn to return - he knew the he had accomplished that very thing. John Crichton was home.

Rocknie S. O'Bannon, who just celebrated his own 311th birthday, stands very proud of his seminal work back in the late 20th and early 21st centuries in something called 'television'. Among the series he created for this 'television' were Alien Nation, seaQuest DSV and FarScape.

Last edited by Camibra; 11-19-2004 at 11:41 AM
Old 11-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks, that was nice.
No mention of that story, though. Perhaps in another fanfic?
Old 11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

ummm, do I really need to go through this again? This is not fan fiction stuff, it is written by the guy who created farscape, he was pissed-off as we all were after its cancellation at the end of season 4, so in the final issue of the farscape magazine he decided to create an original story that HE wrote (I simply typed it out from my magazine) as a sort-of ending of sorts for all of us who were disappointed after the end of season 4...of which there was a fair few. Also, he actually wrote a letter that was published in the final farscape magazine as well, it explains in more detail the cancellation of farscape and why he decided to make the above Horizons story. But I probably will not type it out any time soon, (It is even LONGER than the above story itself!) I will DEFINATELY scan EVERY page of this story, and email it to cryostar, to prove it is the real-deal. Or to you even, or someone else here who doesn't believe it is real and NOT fan-fic. Fan-fic is crap! I don't even look at it.....I would only watch/read LEGITIMATE stuff by the shows writers, or at-least, legitimate farscape fiction, NOT "fan fiction". It is not real imo. This story was truly THE actual thing...fer-frell-sake!.....................................

Last edited by Camibra; 11-22-2004 at 12:22 PM
Old 11-23-2004, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

YES JC! Do it all again! j/k
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Was I mis-interpreting Reggie there, or not? I thought Reggie was saying that this story I typed up was fan fiction, and wanted to read that untold story from in it in some unofficial fan-fic... This story was not fan-fic. May I email this story to you Cryostar? I will scan every page of it so you can see for you self that it is all real, and can pass on to those others here who may not understand it is not fan fiction, but the real-deal. Is your email addie on your profile or what? *confused*

Oh-yeah, is that a mistake in your sig? I see a ? where there should be a '
Old 11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Jei
Obsessed Fan

I do have one question. ""Katrana..." he said in hushed tones. She was his daughter, his first child, although she was chronologically younger than his son, J.T. She was his daughter by Princess Katralla, sired all those cycles ago in the Breakaway Colonies."

Is this a reference to something that happened in the series or was it just something for the story. (I'm only up to A Bug's Life in the series)
Sayin' Ah tol' ya so is beneath mah dignity, so instead, ah'll just say... nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah." - Rogue (Gambit #5)
Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Yes. It was from the 'Look at the princess' trilogy of episodes from season two...or three, S2 I think though. Watch those great episodes and you will definately get the reference, and it will make a tear well in your eye.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Jei
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
Yes. It was from the 'Look at the princess' trilogy of episodes from season two...or three, S2 I think though. Watch those great episodes and you will definately get the reference, and it will make a tear well in your eye.

You know, I so wish I had three hundred dollars to just blow on Farscape. I'd get seasons 2,3,4, pop them in the DVD and not emerge till I've seen them all.
Sayin' Ah tol' ya so is beneath mah dignity, so instead, ah'll just say... nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah." - Rogue (Gambit #5)
Old 11-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

I just spent $440 on all of Buffy and Angel dvds...hehehe
Old 11-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

That's it?
Old 11-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Are you replying to my post about having spent only $440 on all seven Buffy seasons and the first four Angel seasons? If so, then yeah, that was all it cost me! New, $21 for 1/2 a season set, not a box set, coz they did not come in a box, only three discs to make up the 1/2 season and they were all in one normal dvd case. Better design imo, they used to be: three discs, each in their own normal dvd case and all three are in a cardboard box....meh It took me a month to gradually buy them all. All I need to get is season five of Angel, maybe it is out already, I will check if it is tomorrow. hehehe THIS is the ONLY thing that Oz is ahead of U.S with...Buffy/Angel dvd releases. That and we are 1/2 a day ahead of you guys in America-land and Europe-ville. It is currently: 5.27pm on Friday the 26th.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, that explains it.

Buffy and Angel boxed sets here cost 50+...so all 11 would be 550 + tax.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
ummm, do I really need to go through this again? This is not fan fiction stuff, it is written by the guy who created farscape, he was pissed-off as we all were after its cancellation at the end of season 4, so in the final issue of the farscape magazine he decided to create an original story that HE wrote (I simply typed it out from my magazine) as a sort-of ending of sorts for all of us who were disappointed after the end of season 4...of which there was a fair few.
I've read the story too John Crichton, so I believe you about it not being fan fiction. Someone posted it on Kansas right after the magazine first came out and I read it then.