Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm up for Rygel as long as he's in the black knight garb. None shall pass!

Actually, As much as I love rygel, he's like my 5th favorite character. Chiani is probably first, mainly because it's gigi.....yeah....gigi good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, today is the birthday of Rockne O'Bannon, here's a link if you want to contribute to his birthday thread at FMD.

I'm not sure I could really say who my favorite character is on Farscape. For Babylon 5 I can name one and two without any doubt 1: G'Kar and 2: Garibaldi. For Farscape it changes. I love them all really.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Skippy Doo:
<STRONG>So, today is the birthday of Rockne O'Bannon, here's a link if you want to contribute to his birthday thread at FMD.

I'm not sure I could really say who my favorite character is on Farscape. For Babylon 5 I can name one and two without any doubt 1: G'Kar and 2: Garibaldi. For Farscape it changes. I love them all really.</STRONG>
What? No Marcus? Pikal envy anyone? That was a good episode. Anyone hear anything about the mini series yet? Channel, schedule, anything?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Sorry for the off-topicness, but can anyone here get me a copy of this week's Smallville & Angel? Angel is no biggie, but my SO really wants Smallville. Please help me get out of the dog house. PLEASE? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Someone forget to set the VCR?

By the by, don't know if you want Andromeda or not E7, but it just got gobbled up by the skiffy monster. Immediately starting March 2004, the rest of s4 and all of s5. sigh, another ok show goes down the tubes....sniff sniff.

are you looking for vcr, vcd, computer files?
Old 01-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by enigma777:
<STRONG>Sorry for the off-topicness, but can anyone here get me a copy of this week's Smallville & Angel? Angel is no biggie, but my SO really wants Smallville. Please help me get out of the dog house. PLEASE? Thanks.</STRONG>
I should have both on tape (VHS @ SLP), but I haven't played them yet so I can't swear to it. If you still need them, let me know.

OTOH, doesn't WB replay the Smallville Sunday at 7:00 PM (eastern time)? You could tape it yourself for SO, thus becoming a hero. Or at least, covering yourself. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The trouble with CGI players is that they still don't look real. Well, they aren't real; so that's a problem. When we have graphics computers fast enough, it should be possible to have some sort of "live" representation of the character visible on a monitor for the real players to see. That may help, maybe; but I think the way they did Gollum is probably the best.

Of course, I doubt that they'll ever look real. But then... our church's pipe organ was hit by lightning, blowing the control circuits. We rented an electronic organ while the ours was being rebuilt - a big professional electronic church organ, for thousands of dollars a month. When we got our pipe organ back in operation, the difference was night and day; the sound of the real organ brought tears to our eyes. A fake is a fake is a fake... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited Reggie ]
Old 01-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Say it ain't so Reg.

I think the smallville on sunday is smallville beginnings, which is 1st season.

I'm personally waiting to see what ILM comes back with as an answer to Gollum. Episode III should deffinitely be a good showing, or a complete failure.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nothing to see.
Move it along.

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited Myrrhine ]
Old 01-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

e7, you seriously do get stuck with every final post of the page!

My favorite character is John. I guess I like his humor and of course his personal appearance. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But I really do like his perspective on all their adventures, the way he's adjusted to life on Moya. And I think I like his weaknesses the best. I find them the easiest to identify with.

Smallville, At least this past Sundays was an old rerun. (As I know since I missed the first new one of the year and tried to catch it on Sunday--didn't work).

if you want to patronize twop, I know they have a tape exchange thread on almost every board.

Quick Alias question: in last week's episode (explaining the missing two years), can anyone explain to me why Sidney decided that after two years of staying away from her family and friends in order to protect them, now she could stop being Julia Thorne and go back to her life? (after all, the Covenant would still want her and now only *she* 'knew' where the most recent Rimbaldi box was)
Old 01-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi e7 [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] hi all

The Sunday smallville are beginnings, hopefully they will go back to easyview repeats in the summer.

Myrrhine:
- who knows the reasoning of Syd? In one way she was right, hide the artifact and wipe the memory and the covenant is stuck. Since she didn't remember the missing 2 years, she had to be told, the main reason she returned is that she never really believed that she was the person in the prophesy even though repeatedly told so even by Irina. And with no memory she simply resumed her life from last point of rememberance.

...finanlly gotta give much love to Jack cause spydaddy is wicked cool, totally sexy, and all about devotion to family.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

One of these days I guess I'll take up Alias.

Just seems like it's on the TV on the wrong days right now.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Cross Posted from FMD:
Quote:
from Red:
Alright Scapers - gettin' back at it
How's everybody feeling? Rested? Refreshed? Full of brilliant ideas?

There are a number of projects cooking on the board now -- all good projects and if you've thought the CS forum has been a little quiet lately, you should probably take a few minutes to take a good look at the projects on the first page here.

But, after the craziness of the official con in November, the unofficial official (or reverse that) announcement right after that, and then, of course, rolling right into the holidays and the new year, we've all had a lot of other things on our plates lately.

Now we've had a bit of a breather though and lots of Scapers out there are anxious to get back at it.

The strength of this campaign has always been because of your initiative. You didn't wait around for somebody to tell you what to do -- you had ideas, you posted them, you gathered the information you needed, you found the right people, the right fans, with the resources and the drive to get things done. That's simply amazing. And something to be truly proud of.

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it (whoops wrong show) --

* Recruit new fans for Farscape.
* Let current fans know about the mini-series (tentative release date November 04 or February 05)
* Start planning how to advertise the mini-series once we get details about when and where it will air.
* Make sure the whole world knows about our brilliant show and make sure that at least half of them are as desperate to see more Farscape as we are.

Easy right? Abso-frelling-lutely.

Okay, so how do we do it? What are your ideas for reaching our goals? From practical to crazy -- it's brainstorming time. Let's hear from all of you.

p.s -- for those of you interested we will be starting up the to-do lists again after our holiday hiatus. If you've got ideas for to-dos, let us know.
The thread is here if you are interested. Later in the thread Red says that the last time she talked to anyone in the know (which was awhile ago) that they were talking November '04 or February '05 as the date the miniseries would be released. Still no news about who will broadcast it.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Total Fan

I found this kind of interesting...

Quote:
Farscape's Six Million Dollar Man

If you haven't heard, there's a TV movie about the politics of what went on behind the scenes of CHARLIE'S ANGELS in production for NBC. The movie stars Lauren Stamile as Kate Jackson, Christina Chambers as Jaclyn Smith and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's Tricia Helfer (a.k.a. Number Six) as the blonde with the hairstyle that launched a thousand printing presses, Farrah Fawcett Majors.

What took us for a surprise was the announcement that FARSCAPE leading man Ben Browder was cast at the last minute to play Farrah's husband at the time, SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN star Lee Majors.

We can imagine that FARSCAPE fans will suddenly find themselves interested in watching BEHIND THE CAMERA: THE UNAUTHORIZED STORY OF CHARLIE'S ANGELS when it airs later this year...

Hey, isn't Browder supposed to be in Australia about now doing some kind of reunion show of another kind?
Article Link
Old 01-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news Skippy and Biz.

I read the news about Ben today...I don't know if I'll by him as Lee Majors, though....
Old 01-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Myrrhine:
<STRONG>e7, you seriously do get stuck with every final post of the page!</STRONG>
I do. Back when I used to post A LOT, I can see how I would often get stuck with the last post on a page. But now? Again, I'm cursed.

I really do believe that the weaknesses of the characters on Farscape is what makes them so appealing. Each of them is the epitome of what it means to be a flawed hero. They are misfits. But they do not give up. As Aeryn said, John taught them the concept of hope. They often screw up, but they pick themselves up, and try to fix it, and try to do the right thing. And they complement each other perfectly. They are the perfect crew and as a unit, they are far better than the sum of their parts.

I remember having a conversation on another message board about the idea of fate in Farscape. And that whether spoken or not, they are the right people, in the right place, at the right time. Kind of like it was on B5.

Hey ultimatedreamer! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread