Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Have I ever mentioned my deep and abiding love for lists?

Seasons:
S3
S1
S2
S4

The Season of Death was really rivoting for me. The risks they took with John, Ben's writing in GEM, John and Aeryn finally coming together, Furlow's return, Rygel and Stark, Stark and Crais, and The Choice.

I rank Season One much higher than most. I am currently watching S1 with my converts and I am loving it. I think that it is extremely hard for a show to find its voice in the first season. None of the Star Trek have ever been any good in season one and E7 pointed out B5's not so great start. I would say that even for mainstream shows it is hard. The only two shows that I can think of off the top of my head that were good (acting, writing, plot) from the very first episode are X-Files and Farscape. The Premiere is really good. The chemistry and the writing are there. And the elements that set Farscape up as being the best show I ever watched are still to come. Compared to S3 the first season is certainly not as good, but S3 wouldn't have been as rich and wonderful as it was if S1 hadn't laid out a complex story. One of the things that makes Farscape better than X-Files, for me, is that the original storyline is intriguing (like TXF) but broad enough in setting and plot to allow flexibility/growth. Where TXF just sort of stagnated after a while, Farscape became more.

S2 and S4 both had some really great episodes and trilogies, but overall the coarse of the season wasn't as enthralling for me as S3 and S1.

I've listed favorite characters before, but right now I just can't bring myself to do it. Right now, watching S1 I love innocent John and Zhann.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, it looks like you crazed peeps are still talking up a storm in here!!! Because my Space channel here in Canada has started the eppys over from the beginning I am able to see all of the eppys!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Frelling Tralk: Now that I'm home, I can post this.

I have to disagree with you on D'Argo, although I do agree with you on Grayza completely. Worthless trelk.

As for Zhaan, I see your point and there were times I felt the same way. She did have some redeeming qualities though. Hated her in "DNA Mad Scientist", especially with how she looked at John with disdain after he shattered the crystal. She was kind of whimpering and whiny in "That Old Black Magic" but pulled through to save the day. Ditto in "Rhapsody in Blue." She grated on me again in "Jeremiah Crichton" where she was a selfish bitca. Oh, in "Exodus from Genesis," I wanted John to tell her to take her time and patience and stuff them up her eema. I found it ridiculous that she could fight Maldis but couldn't overcome the Scorpy clone in DMD. What else? She was whiny again in "Dream a Little Dream," although that was mostly out of concern for John, Aeryn, and D'Argo. But she did sacrifice herself twice so she redeemed herself in my book.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Frelling Tralk: Now that I'm home, I can post this.

I have to disagree with you on D'Argo, although I do agree with you on Grayza completely. Worthless trelk.

As for Zhaan, I see your point and there were times I felt the same way. She did have some redeeming qualities though. Hated her in "DNA Mad Scientist", especially with how she looked at John with disdain after he shattered the crystal. She was kind of whimpering and whiny in "That Old Black Magic" but pulled through to save the day. Ditto in "Rhapsody in Blue." She grated on me again in "Jeremiah Crichton" where she was a selfish bitca. Oh, in "Exodus from Genesis," I wanted John to tell her to take her time and patience and stuff them up her eema. I found it ridiculous that she could fight Maldis but couldn't overcome the Scorpy clone in DMD. What else? She was whiny again in "Dream a Little Dream," although that was mostly out of concern for John, Aeryn, and D'Argo. But she did sacrifice herself twice so she redeemed herself in my book.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to agree with you in that: my favourite season is also season 3. I can't count the times I have seen the whole season and no matter how many times I watch episodes like "The Choice", "Dog with two bones".., the more I watch them, the more I like them. Like some of you I thought that I was gonna hate the plot about the two Crichtons and I absolutely loved it. I'll never forget episodes like "The Choice" (one of my favourite of the whole show). Not many times on TV, you see so well expressed what means to loose someone. I don't usually cry watching TV and I cried a lot watching all these episodes.

After season 3, I would probably place season 2, season 1 and season 4.

Carmen

.-You're taller than I imagined
.-I'm Bigger in every department.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to agree with you in that: my favourite season is also season 3. I can't count the times I have seen the whole season and no matter how many times I watch episodes like "The Choice", "Dog with two bones".., the more I watch them, the more I like them. Like some of you I thought that I was gonna hate the plot about the two Crichtons and I absolutely loved it. I'll never forget episodes like "The Choice" (one of my favourite of the whole show). Not many times on TV, you see so well expressed what means to loose someone. I don't usually cry watching TV and I cried a lot watching all these episodes.

After season 3, I would probably place season 2, season 1 and season 4.

Carmen

.-You're taller than I imagined
.-I'm Bigger in every department.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know if I should say that I am kind of confused because I haven't seen S1 and some of S2!!! I am just starting to watch the re-runs from the beginning of the series!!! But I have not confused about S3 and S4!!! I also thought that S3 was a very good season!!! I am going to list my top 5 fave characters, but I am not sure about spelling!!!

Top 5 fave characters

1)Aeryn
2)Chrichton
3)Chiana
4)Braca
5)Scorpius
Old 07-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by enigma777:
<STRONG>Frelling Tralk: Now that I'm home, I can post this.

As for Zhaan, I see your point and there were times I felt the same way. She did have some redeeming qualities though. Hated her in "DNA Mad Scientist", especially with how she looked at John with disdain after he shattered the crystal. She was kind of whimpering and whiny in "That Old Black Magic" but pulled through to save the day. Ditto in "Rhapsody in Blue." She grated on me again in "Jeremiah Crichton" where she was a selfish bitca. Oh, in "Exodus from Genesis," I wanted John to tell her to take her time and patience and stuff them up her eema. I found it ridiculous that she could fight Maldis but couldn't overcome the Scorpy clone in DMD. What else? She was whiny again in "Dream a Little Dream," although that was mostly out of concern for John, Aeryn, and D'Argo. But she did sacrifice herself twice so she redeemed herself in my book.</STRONG>
If only we could have seen the murderous, red-eye'd bitch more often. She was most fun then [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~EnterpriseGirl~:
<STRONG>Well, it looks like you crazed peeps are still talking up a storm in here!!! Because my Space channel here in Canada has started the eppys over from the beginning I am able to see all of the eppys!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Interesting. How do you get "Space"? Is it a cable channel, or is it on a satelite system?

I'm thinking that (perhaps) I could ask DirecTV to add (or substuitute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Space for the so-called "Sci-Fi" channel.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie:
<STRONG>Interesting. How do you get "Space"? Is it a cable channel, or is it on a satelite system?

I'm thinking that (perhaps) I could ask DirecTV to add (or substuitute [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) Space for the so-called "Sci-Fi" channel.</STRONG>
Space is a specialty cable channel in Canada, three "tiers" above basic cable (at least, that's how one of the two big Canadian cable providers, Shaw, is set up). I'm not sure how complicated it would be to get it picked up for an American TV provider .. could be some broadcast rights issues, especially if they're airing the same series Sci-Fi does.

Space is owned by Chum Limited, who are also famous in Canada for their CityTV and MuchMusic stations. I'm pretty sure at least MuchMusic does air in other countries, so they have tried it before.

[ 07-27-2003: Message edited Raonaild ]
Old 07-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I would much prefer Space to the scifi channel.. ugh.. those idiots..

I haven't seen most of Season 4 yet. Scifi is currently playing Season 4 on Sunday nights. So far Season 2 & 3 are my favorites. I hated seeing Crichton tortured but he just does the whole mental torture thing so good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And of course I loved the whole two Crichton deal. It really was on the brilliant side the way it worked. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So far I haven't been impressed with Season 4... Those scenes in Crichton's head have been disturbing to say the least. Oh well...

Fav character list..

Crichton
Aeryn
Pilot
Chiana
Scorpious
D'Argo

I liked Zhaan but I also found her annoying at times. Perfect examples listed above.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

My favorite characters (which I can't put in any kind of order because I love them all equally):
Aeryn
Chiana
Pilot
John
Braca

I don't post too much because I haven't watched and rewatched and rewatched the episodes, so I can't be very specific about things that have happened. I think I need time to deal with the cancellation (I did the same thing with Twin Peaks and I think it took almost 10 years before I could watch the show again, but I don't think Farscape will take that long to watch again because unlike Twin Peaks, Farscape never got really bad and really lost before getting good again right at the end. I liked season four a lot- except for "What Was Lost 1&2" and "Mental As Anything").

[ 07-27-2003: Message edited Soz ]
Old 07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

http://www.spacecast.com/

This is the official website of space channel.

Let's just say that this is a REAL sci fi channel.

Man I wish we had this.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Skippy Doo: I really liked the first season.

Soz: I feel exactly the same. Since the *season* finale, I have not been able to watch Farscape. The wound is still too fresh and painful. I am so very bitter. To quote Aeryn's tearful words, I am very angry.

Ladeia: Ben is awesome at doing the tortured Crichton.

What was so great about the two Crichtons storyline was that we could see almost from the start what was going to happen, but when it did, it still tore our hearts out.

I'm pretty sure at least MuchMusic does air in other countries, so they have tried it before.

I don't think it would be an issue to get the Space Network picked up by cable carriers here in the U.S. except for perhaps their contracts with Skiffy. More likely though is that the carriers just don't find it cost effective to carry a second science fiction network (loosely defining science fiction so that Skiffy qualifies), especially since Space most likely airs many of the same shows. Then again, these same carriers turn around and carry multiple shopping networks. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 07-28-2003: Message edited enigma777 ]
Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by enigma777:
<STRONG>What was so great about the two Crichtons storyline was that we could see almost from the start what was going to happen, but when it did, it still tore our hearts out.</STRONG>
I've been rewatching S3 on DVD as they've been coming out, and I noticed a bit in "Thanks for Sharing" that I missed the first time around, where Crichton saves his twin's life. He says, "Yeah, I know, he's an ugly loudmouthed son-of-a-bitch, but I can't stand around and watch him die." The other says, "Be better for both of us if you did." I realized rewatching the ep that it was Talyn John who almost died then - the writers were practically waving a sign telling us which one would die, and hinting at the trouble it would cause the remaining John.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread