Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
I've seen the first 5 episodes and I can't believe how good this show is. Witty and funny, it's definitely a show recommended to watch.

The best episodes so far The Pilot and Many Happy Returns.
I tottally agree. I love how the show can be funny and witty, but serious at different moments. That's really great.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Total Fan

I am still loving this show. Is next week's episode the season finale? Boo! I want more.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

I loved the Dr. Nobel episode. I was so lmao all the time. The best episode so far.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Total Fan

Last night's episode had some predictable moments but was still hilarious. Also, it seemed like it should have aired a little earlier in the series, like third or soon after.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
Also, it seemed like it should have aired a little earlier in the series, like third or soon after.
I had the same impression. Nevertheless an enjoyable episode.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Total Fan

from tvguide.com
Quote:
Question: Any news on whether Eureka will be coming back for a second season? I find myself rather fond of the quirky town and its denizens. I'd hate to have to say goodbye so soon. When is the season finale? — Sara

Matt Roush: It's a little soon for official renewal word, but I'd be shocked if it didn't get a second season. And because of the late midsummer start, Eureka will continue with original episodes all the way to Oct. 3 — the same night the wonderful Friday Night Lights premieres on NBC, along with Veronica Mars on CW. Busy, busy.
BTW -people on another message board are saying this past week's episode was aired out of order and was supposed to be third.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's really great news. I would love a second season.

At tv.com the last episode is listed on 9/26/2006.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

I really love the show. Seriously, it's awesome, so darn funny.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Total Fan

Apparently I am getting real slow in my old age. It was not until this week’s episode that I finally realized where I had previously seen the actress who plays Alison. She was the first Drey’auc on Stargate SG-1.

Anyway, I enjoyed this week's episode - from the super cheesy magnetic fence to the heartbreaking death of Calister. I am going to pretend the weird firefighting substance Henry used never happened, it was just too much for me.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
Apparently I am getting real slow in my old age. It was not until this week’s episode that I finally realized where I had previously seen the actress who plays Alison. She was the first Drey’auc on Stargate SG-1.
No way. Now I know why her face was so familiar to me.

Magnetic fence thing was hilarious.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm so behind on my episodes but I have them all and will watch them. I love this series. It's witty and funny. I love the leads. They're so straight in a town of goofballs. It's such good stuff.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am going to make a bold statemet and say "Eureka" is similar to the hey-day of early seasons of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with how there are genuine laugh-out-loud moments blended seemlessly with very touching and serious moments as well.

Eureka also does its storytelling very well by making the problem of the week always rooted IN the characters and their evolution and interaction with each other... Just like Buffy did. The episode with Calister, the episode where Joe and the rest of the gang get paranoid and kidnap the Senator (it dealt with trust issues between Carter and Joe), the episode where Stark gets cloned by the nanites and exacts his "revenge" on the town because Allison finalized his divorce, etc.

It is such a simple formula, but it always seems to be reserved for niche shows like Eurkea and Buffy and you very rarely see the intergration of the story and characters in most other, typical network shows for some reason. Hmm...
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

That's an interesting statement. I think it's quirky like the early days of Buffy.

I'm almost caught up with all my episodes of Eureka. Yay!
Old 09-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I missed the latest episodes but I just wanted to pop in and say that I've been watching since the pilot and I love it. The storyline is really creative and the banter is great. Everyone has really great chemistry and it's just really funny but also suprisingly thrilling in some ways. I really have to catch up.

.icon.
Chynna Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Roach!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread