Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't have the sci-fi channel anymore so I had no idea this show existed until today when I opened up my Entertainment Weekly and they had an ad for it. I went to madeineureka.com and watched a few clips. The Cryo Kennel scares me. lol The previews for the show look interesting.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just saw that one yesterday on Engadget.com (makes sense). It was funny because I had been laughing at it and then closed up my laptop to have dinner. Later one of my friends opened my laptop and was like, "oh my god, that's a terrible idea...you could kill your pet!"

I started laughing and explained to her it was part of the show. She said the premise sounded cool, so now I at least have one person to watch it with.
punkybrewster2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Supreme Fan

This looks very bizarre!
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

The previews definitely play on my curiousity. I'll probably watch a couple of episodes to find out if I'll like it, at the very least.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xextremex
This looks very bizarre!
seriously. it looks right up my alley. did you notice on the website, if you scroll the mouse back and forth, you can see more crazy stuff going on in the background?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

It seems like a lot of sci fi shows are filmed in Vancouver. Has anyone seen those commercials about the dog cage that freezes your dog and then you can though it out? When I first saw those, I was wondering what in the world it was. Then I realized it had Eureka on it. That's a good way to promote the show.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkybrewster2828
seriously. it looks right up my alley. did you notice on the website, if you scroll the mouse back and forth, you can see more crazy stuff going on in the background?
That is so weird!
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Total Fan

The following review from TV Guide's Matt Roush is not exactly glowing, but certainly favorable:
Quote:
Geeks and Freaks
Eureka: The playground of mad scientists

The tucked-away town of Eureka may not be on a map, but you can't miss it. Just turn left at the second wormhole.

What's strange is commonplace in Eureka (Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET on Sci Fi, premiering July 18), a divertingly original but awfully precious comic fantasy that brings science fiction back to Earth. The setting: a quirky Northern Exposure-like burg in the Pacific Northwest where every basement seems to be hatching a mind-blowing (and potentially cosmos-shaking) experiment, courtesy of a local population of obsessed geniuses.

Many of the classified secrets behind the town's origins are revealed in this week's two-hour pilot, in which U.S. Marshal Jack Carter (gangly, goofily charming Colin Ferguson) stumbles into Eureka just as a secret project goes awry and begins peppering the community with quantum anomalies, leaving properties ruined and cows sliced in two.

"Doesn't anyone do anything halfway around here?" Carter wonders as he surveys the landscape of brilliant eccentrics, including a mechanic (Joe Morton) who used to be a space- shuttle engineer and a seductive innkeeper (Debrah Farentino) who doubles as a shrink with a top-secret clientele.

Part of the fun of Eureka comes in watching Carter settle in to a place where the fantastic is taken for granted, where Matt Frewer (Max Headroom!) is a militaristic dog-catcher, and the diner has a literally limitless menu. So far, the show is more likable than memorable, but there are worse places to spend a midsummer's night.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Do you know if that review was of the first episodeor did they get a peak at a larger chunk?

It definitely sounds interesting. Everything sounds pretty positive and then in the last sentence he pulls the "its not necessarily memorable" line.

Thanks for the review.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the review dukesmom. i can't wait to see this show. the Sci-Fi channel has done some pretty good programs.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, it's been a big year so far for SciFi. Battlestar obviously leads the pack, but when they got Dr. Who, I thought that brought in another league of sci fi fans.

Eureka looks really good, so I hope people like it. I think it will be interesting to see how the Superhero reality show goes as well. Looks like there will be as many embarrassing moments as you see in the opening rounds of American Idol.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Banned

The first episode was good and suprisingly funny. I thought that the main character Jack got stuck in the town of Eureka. That was not the case in the first episode. His daughter and he both left the town and went to Los Angeles. He was offered by D.C. to be the sheriff of Eureka. He took the job. Now we get to see his adventures as the authority figure in the crazy weird town.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

I will be watching it. Well-designed and thought-out site too.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I only was able to watch the first half, but I found it really interesting. Dont you think its a little odd to lock your daughter up, I thought that was pretty funny.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

i saw the series premiere last night and i thought it was really interesting and entertaining.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread