Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Doctor Who Dicussion Thread #1

I thought we already had a thread but I went to bump it up and I couldn't find it. Anyway, is anyone looking forward to the new series tomorrow?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

From what I've seen of it....no, I can wait....please, let me wait.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I still can't believe they cast Billie Piper But I love Russell T. Davies' work so I'll definitely watch the first episode and see what it's like.

Am I the only one that wanted Richard E.Grant to be cast as the doctor?

No, just me then
Old 03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga*Babe
Am I the only one that wanted Richard E.Grant to be cast as the doctor?
Eccelstone's a much better actor.

I wasn't too impressed with the original show. Though Tom Baker was good when he was on it, being a top grade actor.

Anyway, the show's all over the English newspapers these days. You'd think the Doctor had turned up in England for real, not just as a show.

Last edited by sum1; 03-27-2005 at 12:57 AM
Old 03-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think Richard E.Grant's a great actor, him and Helena Bonham Carter as Rose would've been awesome casting
Old 03-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I really enjoyed that as a first episode. I thought Christopher Ecclestone was a strange choice at the time, but he worked really well; and even Billie Piper wasn't that bad! It was funny as well as introducing everything.

Personally I'm looking forward to the one with Simon Pegg in!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

I can't wait for the Simon Pegg episode either, I saw a clip of it yesterday.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Richard E.Grant's a great actor, him and Helena Bonham Carter as Rose would've been awesome casting
Bonham Carter?!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Why not?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

OK, so us USA people have to download it, but we watched it all the same.

A friend of mine burned it to CVD, and we had ourselves a right party to watch it.

We SQUEEEEEEEED when the song came on. We SQUEEEEEEEEED when the TARDIS sound rang out. We SQUEEEEEEEEED when the sonic screw driver was used. It was fabulous!

I can't wait to see more!
TheStormCellar's Theory of Non-Involvement standard response #2: "Well....that was dumb...."
Old 03-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Why not?
Gotta be one of the most awful-vibed actors in britain. Can't think of a performance of hers that hasn't bothered me. And I find her performances fail to communicate sufficient sympathetic humanity, I can't relate to them.

Last edited by sum1; 03-28-2005 at 07:13 AM
Old 03-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

She's one of my favourite British actresses, but to each their own.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Canada gets the first episode next Tuesday. So how was it....from what I've been hearing you either love it or hate it (meaning you can't quite let go of the original) or take it for the fun it's worth (I'll hopefully be the latter on Tuesday). The blonde actress who plays The Doctor's sidekick doesn't seem to be getting a very good response, though. Oh, well....keeping an open mind....however, hearing yesterday that the lead actor had quit certainly makes me a little worried that the show is on shaky water...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just read that, it's weird that he would quit now. Do you think he actually quit or it's just a publicity stunt? It's definitely odd.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

It is pretty odd. But the BBC have confirmed it, so I guess its possible he was hankering for more money, called their bluff and they just said "Nope, not having this" and let him quit!

I've actually heard pretty good things in reviews about Billie Piper, and I liked her myself. Which I didn't expect, although she WAS good in the Canterbury Tales that she did. Wife of Bath? No. The Miller's Tale, thats the one she did! Julie Walters was in the Wife of Bath. Anyway, I digress.

She was also surprisingly good in Bella and the Boys. She did actually train as an actress though, she never wanted to be a popstar in the first place!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread