Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this eppy.. pretty cool. But since I haven't seen the beginning I can't really comment on if Lewis really made that much of a difference in Smith's life. I kinda find that part hard to believe but it was nice for Lewis screen time.

I was wondering about the dread locks too.

Anyway, Does anyone know if they will be airing repeats from S1 anytime soon or just season 2? Oh well, doesn't really matter because I've only seen what 4 or 5 eppys now. They will just about all be repeats. Does anyone know when the decision will be made to renew or cancel The Dead Zone?
Old 04-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I'd check out SciFi channel for TDZ repeats as well. I'm sure they'll be reshowing all the eppies now til the summer.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Im pretty sure John Adams had dreadlocks in real life. Cutting his hair for the show(if he did) was a great sacrafice. I liked it. I could barely tell that it was him. SOO happy to get a Bruce-centric episode. Didn't really fit well as a season finale like last years did.

Wonder when or if we will ever get the Osama episode?

Also Season 3??
Old 04-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Taken from The Futon Critic

Quote:
USA's 'The Dead Zone' to Return This Summer
By Brian Ford Sullivan

USA has ordered six additional episodes of its original series "The Dead Zone" to being airing this summer.

The fresh batch, billed as an extension of its second season, is tentatively scheduled to begin airing on Sunday, July 6. No decision however has been made on a third season. It is also not known if "The Hunt for Osama," an episode from this season which was pulled due to its sensitive content, will also air during the extended run.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the update Miss Cranky-Pants, It's good to see that they are not calling the new eppies Season 3 [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2003, 05:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

So that means we have 7 new episodes to look forward to seeing counting "The Hunt For Osama"...pretty long season for a cable network. Usually stick with 13. Wonder if they liked the ratings and wanted something to get them through until next season without having to announce another season. Also gives them a chance to see if the guy playing Stillson's job elsewhere pans out too.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

If it does pan out for Sean Patrick Flannery, I'm sure he'll do spot appearances b/c he isn't the main storyline most of the time. He was eating buffalo wings during the Mickey episode where he was helping the mob
Old 04-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked the episode. Then again, I love Bruce.

But that might diminish now, doesn't he look truely awfull with the new haircut? Not to mention that he looks like 17, approximately. Ewwwwww.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Michael Pillar, the creator of the TDZ, posted news about the Osama episode and said that it might be released during the summer when the new eps appear... if not, it'll be released on DVD.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I dont know if it has been posted on here or not...probably has, but we are supposed to be getting the complete Season 1 of the Dead Zone on DVD this summer. Can't remember the date. But this is great news about the possibility of a third season.

OH and by the way watching the Dead Zone and seeing all those promos for "Helen of Troy" makes me wanna tune in this week.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Amen about Helen of Troy. Even if I don't care for the looks of the actors at all (hate it when they make Helen a blonde, hello, she's greek and she gets shipped off to Northern Africa, what are the chances of her being a blonde?). Sadly also looks like they'll focus more on sex, I would have prefered an approach that focuses on political intrigue [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But, since I love the story I'll most likely watch it anyway.

Season 1 DVD is wonderfull news [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ill watch and probably tape because I am a television nerd. Also most of the stuff I watch is on reruns this Sunday night.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

What part of the Trojan war will it cover? The events in the Illiad, post-war w/ Odysseus?
Old 04-20-2003, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

To tell you the truth I have no idea. I also have no clue since it is a miniseries how many installments there are and when it will be on next.

I do know that tomorrows will be 2 hours long.

Although there is a "Making of Helen of Troy" documentary on tomorrow morning.

Actually just found this on USA website for the show

PART 1 PREMIERES SUNDAY, APRIL 20, 8PM/7C
PART 2 PREMIERES MONDAY, APRIL 21, 8PM/7C

so it looks to be a 4 hour mini series on consecutive nights.

Should we start a "Helen of Troy" thread somewhere?
Old 04-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I hope that Bruce's haircut doesn't have the effect which made Felicity on the edge of cancellation due to backlash [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'd like to see a falling out between Rev Purdy and Johnny branching from Purdy choosing Stilson's side over Johnny's over a key issue, possibly seeing him choose to save Stilson over Sarah in some life/death event... like letting Sarah get runover in a car or something.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread