Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Charmed is coming back.

I'm not giving up on the new Dark Shadows just yet. There's been a lot of speculation, rumors, and "people in the know", but nothing official.
Kay
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I agree. I won't believe anything until the official fall scheduale is released.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

That'll be soon....crossing my fingers & toes.
Kay
Old 05-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

what day is it that we'll know the official scheduale?
Old 05-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

The 18th, Tuesday.
Kay
Old 05-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

More news:

Quote:
With the WB's key fall drama purchases now known, it seems highly unlikely that Dark Shadows will appear on their fall schedule. However, an article on TelevisionWeek offers a glimmer of hope with its claim that: "Drama pilots Dark Shadows and The Robinsons: Lost in Space are still in contention for midseason [replacements]."

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
LilDegrassiPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

The schedule's been leaked, and DS isn't mentioned at all, nor is Lost in Space. If they're talking of mid season replacements...I'm guessing they're only talking of it to placate fans of the genre, because according to them (in an article from variety), "franchise mania is over".

And so is my television viewing, apparently, because those are the only shows that I'm interested in watching. All the reality series and dramas in the world aren't going to change that. I'll just watch less TV. I'm down to one hour of television a week as it is.

I will say this, the WB's new schedule is one of the poorest schedules I've seen by the network in years. I would be very, very surprised if all of these new shows are successful....so if DS is a contender for a midseason slot, it's still possible that the new series will eventually air, IMO, anyway. Or perhaps Lost in Space will.
Kay

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 05-17-2004 at 04:10 AM
Old 05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

the WB has way too many dramas. They've got to mix their scheduale up a bit. Who wants to watch dramas (which may have similar storylines to every other drama on TV) every single day of the week?

I doubt that I'm going to watch any new shows next year.

ShadowGram Online Dark Shadows Updates List
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" Update List
An Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM
< ShadowGram@aol.com >

Number 116. May 17, 2004.
Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG) announces the following breaking news for Dark Shadows (DS).

--- NEW DS IN JEOPARDY

Unfortunately, after all the anticipation and publicity, the WB Network is not expected to pick up the proposed new DS series for the fall schedule. The 1-hour pilot was screened by the network executives, who have apparently decided to take the network in another direction this fall with more family-oriented dramas such as their existing programs "7th Heaven," "Everwood," and "One Tree Hill." The WB makes the official announcement of its fall schedule tomorrow, May 18, though it has already been confirmed they are picking up a couple of other new dramas for the fall.

The pilot-making process utilized by the television networks is an often-frustrating situation for those involved with creating the programming. Networks order one sample episode -- a pilot -- of more shows than their schedule will allow and then decide which ones they feel have the strongest potential. As a result, many promising programs never even get on the air.

The WB can still order DS as a mid-season replacement, but that is not expected. The producers of the pilot -- Warner Bros TV/Dan Curtis Productions/John Wells Productions -- will pursue all available options, including the possibility of placing the program on another network.

SG will provide updates as soon as they become available.

I honestly thought the cast & producers involved would make the WB pick it up.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think they just feel like dramas/reality type shows are the way to go. Wonder if they'll feel like that come November/December of this year, if some of those new shows fail....

This schedule is one of the worst I've ever seen. Having a new show like The Mountain on a thursday night at eight, with no established lead in show isn't a very good move. Placing two comedies on after Smallville doesn't make much sense, either. Nor does pairing Jack and Bobby with Charmed. I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish, but my prediction is that most of this stuff they chose over LIS and DS will fail. The question is, will they still consider DS for mid-season, or will it be too late to bother?

I would so love it if another network picked up DS and made a hit of it.
Kay
Old 05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LilMouse
the WB has way too many dramas. They've got to mix their scheduale up a bit. Who wants to watch dramas (which may have similar storylines to every other drama on TV) every single day of the week?
Me. I do like some reality shows but I hardly ever watch sitcoms. In any case, I'm sorry to see Dark Shadows didn't make the schedule and there's nothing new on the WB's schedule for me either.

USA Today doesn't mention DS for midseason:
Quote:
Belatedly bowing to the reality explosion, WB plans several entries for early 2005, including shows from Burnett and The Bachelor's Mike Fleiss. Also due at midseason: Shacking Up, a family sitcom starring Fran Drescher (The Nanny).

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Those seem to be comedy and reality shows. I'm sure they have a couple more in consideration for mid season, even if Dark Shadows isn't one of them. And if these new reality shows fail, they're likely to want something different for a replacement. Supposedly, Lost in Space is still in consideration, at least.
Kay
Old 05-18-2004, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I hope John Wells decides to take it to another channel. Maybe the sci-fi channel will pick it up since DS fits in perfectly with the rest of their shows.

2 comedies after Smallville...that's odd programing.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

It appears the mid seasons replacements are Global Frequency and Rocky Point, so no Lost in Space, either. They just don't want franchise shows (never mind the fact that Buffy helped put them on the map and that Smallville's given them some of the highest ratings they've ever seen).

I love Smallville, but there's no way I'm going to stick around for comedies afterward. IMO, the pairings they're going with are going to help sink the new schedule.

I'm hoping that another network will pick up DS, but I don't think scifi is likely to.
Kay
Old 05-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

what are the 2 midseason replacements about?

I agree about Buffy putting the wb on the map & Smallville giving them high raitings. If they see franchises/ supernatural shows give them good raitings why would they want to get away from that?
Old 05-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Absolute Fan

I have no idea what the WB is thinking. I was so disappointed that DS wasn't picked up; I need a sci-fi show to watch since I never got into Smallville. Too many family-oriented dramas are hard to swallow.
southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread