Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have such a long way to go before I get to Quentin. I think he's in set 11 on the DVDs. I'm on set 7. I just finished the 1795 storyline.
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

oh you've only got 4 more sets to go through. But a lot of different storylines to get through before Quentin comes.
do you read spoilers or do you find out what happens as you see the episodes?
Old 05-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm pretty spoiled. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I pretty much know at least a little about each of the plot lines coming up.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

oh cause I was wondering if Angelique became a vampire yet? I keep forgetting the order of the stories. The guy who plays Nicholas during that story is creepy.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

No, Angelique hasn't been made a vamp yet. Blair hasn't shown up yet either.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Continuing from the old thread, I've read a lot of negative articles on DS making the schedule next fall. Jack and Bobby has already been picked up, and it's been reported that the WB is also picking up The Mountain. Most websites predicted they would only pick up two new shows, though I think they may pick up a third. The articles don't really say anything that's not already out there though, so I guess that's a good thing. They basically say the same thing, just worded differently. That there won't be room on the WB's schedule for DS next fall (going by the prediction that only two new dramas will be picked up.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten
They basically say the same thing, just worded differently. That there won't be room on the WB's schedule for DS next fall (going by the prediction that only two new dramas will be picked up.
That's disappointing and I hope it's not true. I guess there's always hope for midseason, although those shows don't always make it to air and when they do they usually don't last.

I rented disc 1 of the old series. I watched the first few episodes but I had a hard time getting into it. I'll probably try again sometime. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for it right now.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Oh, I thought that you heard negative things about the show such as it has horrible acting and a horrible script. I hope the WB decides to pick it up. Maybe John Wells can use some influence in getting it on the fall scheduale.

The original series isn't that interesting in the beginning. It gets better once Barnabas gets released. Did you rent the season with or without Barnabas?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Barnabas was in it. It was his first episodes. The parts with him were pretty good but there were so many people to keep track of I got confused. If the WB picks up the new show I'll try again in a few months.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

It took me a few episodes to really figure out what was going on, but it comes pretty quickly after you watch a few. I didn't really get hooked on it until the Maggie Evans/Josette story started heating up.

It doesn't look like the WB is going to pick up the new show. Nothing's official yet, but there's a hundred different things going around - like they didn't care for the pilot, and that there's producer/director problems. I'm not really buying into any of that though. I think if the WB chooses not to pick up the show it's simply because they want to avoid franchise/genre type shows, and could use the "I don't like the pilot" excuse to write it off.

Nothing's official though. And maybe it would be possible for it to go to another network...
Old 05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's some news that I found about the new show:

As the unveiling of the WB's fall schedule approaches, Variety comments that: "Once considered a strong contender, the new take on Dark Shadows has turned into a long shot." The report attributes this primarily to an overall shift in WB strategy: "Instead of franchises, it seems the Frog is going back to its roots, ordering the coming-of-age drama Jack and Bobby, and preparing to do the same with the sudsy The Mountain."

And . . .

As widely anticipated, the WB has confirmed The Mountain as its second fall drama commission. "By picking up our second drama series prior to our official upfront presentation, we hope to convey the confidence we feel in the ability of both The Mountain and Jack and Bobby, two outstanding pilots, to reinvigorate The WB's drama portfolio," commented network executive Jordan Levin. An official decision on Dark Shadows has yet to be made public, but this development does seem to confirm Variety's recent "long shot" predictions for the show's prospects.

Gees, it looks grim . . . .

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
LilDegrassiPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

TVWeek is reporting that it's still in consideration for mid season...a little hope, but sometimes a little works.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

aww I should've never gotten my hopes up

I'm not interested in the 2 new shows the WB picked up. Looks like the only WB show I'll be watching (again) is Smallville.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

If Dark Shadows doesn't get picked up, I'll only have Smallville, too. I'm not interested in the Mountain or Jack and Bobby.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I feel like the only shows the WB has are family/coming of age dramas. They should spice up their lineup a bit. Once Angel leaves, Smallville will be the only sci-fi show on there. Oh, wait is Charmed coming back?