Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

My mom use to watch the original series too. I would watch the repeats on the sci-fi channel. I vaguely remember the 1991 series. I'm excited about the new series and can't wait to see the differences/similarities.
My favorite storyline was with Quentin. I hope they do that story.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

My mom use to watch the original series too. I would watch the repeats on the sci-fi channel. I vaguely remember the 1991 series. I'm excited about the new series and can't wait to see the differences/similarities.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Old 04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Old 04-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Old 04-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not up to the Quentin storyline yet. A couple of nights ago my neighbor and I started talking about Dark Shadows. He watched the original series on sci-fi.

Barnabas is my favorite. I love him.
Kay
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

My mom, sis & I were going through tapes last night and found 2 Dark Shadows eps. It was towards the end of the show when they started the parallel universe story. I had forgotten a lot of the stuff that happened. It's amazing how much you forget when you don't see a show in a while.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know what you mean. I'm that way with The X-Files. Sometimes I'll catch a rerun on FX and not remember anything until the very end. I was pretty young when I first started watching it, though. And it's one of my favorite shows of all time.

I don't know how many of the original series DVDs I'll buy. I don't know if I'll go to the end or not. I think all the parallel time/alternate time stuff may end up getting on my nerves.

Have you checked out the casting on the new show? I was surprised by a couple, but especially by Kelly Hu as Julia Hoffman. Didn't see that one coming at all. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Kay
Old 04-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I think if I had a lot of money to spend I would buy the dvds.

I was suprised by Kelly Hu being cast too. But, I think it will be interesting. I think it's also interesting how Barnabas and Julia are played by younger actors now. That should add a whole knew twist.

btw what storyline are you up to, TheCheshireKitten?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm almost through Collection 5 and on the 1795 storyline. Barnabas is turned into a vampire at the end of the set.
Kay
Old 04-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

wow you've got a long way to go before Quentin comes.

I think it's so funny how many bloopers DS had. I don't understand why the director didn't stop filming whenever someone forgot a line or someone coughed behind camera. I guess they didn't have enough time/money to stop.

I hope the new series makes it because I think it will have a lot of potential. I think they should put it after Smallville. Maybe some of the superman fans will stay tuned for DS.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've been going through them pretty fast. It shouldn't take me long.

I love Smallville, and I wouldn't mind having it on with SV back to back. But I'm not sure about putting it there. I'm thinking Sunday night after Charmed is more likely.
Kay
Old 04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Yo Ho Matey

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

I hope they don't put it on Friday or Saturday because no one is home on those days. And I hope if it is on Sunday it doesn't compete against Alias. I hate having to tape shows & watch them after they air.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

WB wouldn't stick it on a friday or saturday. Friday is their night for comedys and they don't do saturday shows.

I watch Alias too, or I tried. But I kept forgetting it was on due to reruns and have since just decided to wait and get season three on DVD because I've missed so many episodes.

Wednesday night would be ideal, for me, but I'd rather they place it where they think it will be most successful. And with Angel's cancellation, I'm not sure placing it in Angel's old timeslot is the best thing for the show.
Kay
Reply   Post New Thread