Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

The Collector Appreciation #1

Has anyone been following this new Canadian series, The Collector?

I've seen bits of it on Space, but it's on at a bad time for me, so I keep missing it. It sounds like a concept with possibilities (guy goes around trying to redeem souls before they're collected by the devil). Plus, it takes place in Vancouver (lots of shows are filmed here, but very few actually take place here) and co-stars Ellen Dubin, who Lexx fans should recognize as the infamous Giggerotta the Wicked and Queen.

I gather it hasn't aired outside of Canada yet. More info on the series here and here.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Never seen any of it, but my #1 favorite actress, Carly Pope (Sam McPherson in Popular, see avie), has a recurring role in it.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds kinda like dead like me, only serious.

I like Carly Pope though.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I've seen this advertised but haven't bothered to watch.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

I finally watched a whole ep this week. I'd rank this show on a similar level to Forever Knight ... kinda low budget and not particularly revolutionary, but watchable. Also, with the small main cast, there's potential for interesting (though not particularly well known) guest stars that you may have seen on other locally filmed shows.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

Ugg....not another Forever Knight...
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:04 AM
New Fan

deeprising

nope havent heard of it....
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Website Manager

I watched every episode of this, I particularly enjoyed the episode that Peter Wingfield (Cold Squad) guest starred in, whereby he was sort of a time traveller. The finale was decent, but it sucks that there was no fourth season. I recognized one of the guest stars being from Dark Angel, I was surprised to see some familiar faces on the show.

It would have been nice to see some more resolution with the Gabe storyline, but I suppose they wouldn't know that there wouldn't be a fourth season.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Dood, you're going to make me want to go watch this series...quit it You know I have no free time!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Website Manager

But, But it's a good show.

I admit there was an episode of Season 1 that I didn't really pay attention to as it seemed to be an episode that was basically just flashbacks to the past as far as I could tell. Maybe there was a reason it was originally unaired.

I remember the first episode I watched had Alexz Johnson in it, since then I've watched every episode of the series.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

I know it's a good show....you guys keep talking about it everywhere...and it makes me want to watch.......sigh...I need more time. Where's that pocket watch that Hermione had....I want it!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I have just started watching season one, so far I think this show is bloody-good!

I know what you mean Johnnie about seeing familliar faces. In the only episode I have seen so far (episode one of its first season, I am about to watch the next few episodes after I finish this post. ) I noticed that the guy who played the character 'Apophis' on Stargate SG1 was in the pilot episode as a gangsta(sic) and he had a bit of an afro haircut thing going on.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I have now watched the first eight episodes of The Collector and so far I am loving what I am watching. Cryo, you must watch it!

I have seen so many faces from First Wave, Dark Angel, Lexx, Stargate SG1, Smallville, Popular, among other shows also several locations that were main places in those shows eg: 1 minute into the ninth episode of season one there was the delivery counter where Normal was behind most of the time shouting out 'Tick tick tick!' from Dark Angel.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

JC, why aren't you over at the Dark Angel boards? Hrm?

I still don't have this show on any of my channels, guess I'll have to find it somewhere.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

I never thought about going to that board. I only go and check on the 4 boards and 10 threads I frequent...perhaps I should get out more? I was nuts about Dark Angel, but I have moved on a lot since then, so many new quality shows. I might drop by some time.
Reply   Post New Thread