Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I love Summer Glau and she really shone as Orwell. I like Orwell/Vince a ton and Chess is awesome. Those contacts rock. I've been looking after this show for about 8 months and it paid off.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
AtomicEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone see the numbers yet?!

Quote:
The Cape Overnight Ratings: Over 8 Million

January 10th, 2011 Craig Byrne

The Cape averaged over 8 million viewers last night and led its timeslot in key demographics for its second hour as far as overnight ratings reports go, according to TVByTheNumbers.

The show seemed to keep most of its audience throughout.

NBC will inevitably put out a press release soon with more details. If these numbers keep up for new installments, it could be encouraging.
Source
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseP_Break_Me (View Post)
I DVRed it and watched it during my workout. I loved it! I officially have a new show.

I love Faraday, Fleming, Orwell, Max, Rollo...so many, which is rare for me. lol And I feel kinda bad since Vince is married, but I completely ship him with Orwell. The moment htey met, they stole my heart! And omg, when they both saved each other, gah!

I'm not a girl who's into the bad boys; I prefer the geeks. But when it comes to comis, I love the villains as well as the superheroes. I love Fleming and Faraday, sfm - both pwn! I love Jame Frain [he was so great as Forney in Where the Heart Is and loved him as Paul on 24]. David Lyons also pretty great. I kept drooling over both of them.

I can't wait until next week!
I co-sign your post. I connected with the cast of characters, and the concept of the villains. I ship Vince and Orwell's friendship, Vince and Max. James Frain has dimensions as the villian to love to hate. Faraday and Fleming are eye candy.

Last edited by Kiane; 01-10-2011 at 04:19 PM
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you...Fleming looked familiar but I just could not place what movie he was in that I've watched.

I liked the show. They plan on showing it again tonight, and I missed the first 30 minutes, so I am glad that I will get to see how it all began.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

loved this show. I saw 45 minutes of it. Can't wait until next week!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was able to properly see the show today. It's roots are firmly planted in the comic book feel. I enjoyed it. I thought all the characters were great.

When it come to shipping. I'm sticking with the family (Vince/Dana/Trip). Dana is a really good character and felt for her with the conflicted feeling she had through out the two hour premiere. I don't want anything but friendship between Vince and Orwell. I love all the carnival people as well. I'll get their names down eventually.

It a show you either like or not depending on your feelings towards comic book stories. At my house we enjoyed it. Anyway that's my opinion.
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubborn Tomato (View Post)
OMG I love it ! I wasn't bored for a second, this is the kind of show I love.
I really liked Vince's wife, but the whole "awww perfect happy family" scenes were a bit too much for me. And if a duo has promising chemistry, it's Vince and Orwell . This show has strong female characters.

I liked that the plot moved fast, I need a show that gives answers fast sometimes. The flow of the whole thing was perfect.
I like Vincent's wife, but Vince and Orwell have it sold in the chemistry department. I need to see chemistry on the shows I watch to keep my interest. They clicked right off the bat. What an awesome crime fighting team they will be.

The fast paced plots and the injection of humor worked for the show.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It a show you either like or not depending on your feelings towards comic book stories. At my house we enjoyed it. Anyway that's my opinion.
Totally agree with you there. If you like comics/superheroes it's gonna be okay, if you're not into it then you're not gonna care for it as much, but if you're deeply rooted in comics and superheroes you're gonna love it.

My mom loved it, my sister liked it, and my dad enjoyed it more than he thought he would. As for me, well I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't have something to say.

Quote:
I like Vincent's wife, but Vince and Orwell have it sold in the chemistry department. I need to see chemistry on the shows I watch to keep my interest. They clicked right off the bat. What an awesome crime fighting team they will be.
Yeah most definately. I didn't really see any true chem with Vince and his wife but with him and Orwell there was tons. Even though I'm sure that they won't split up anymore of the Fareway family dynamic (ie divorce, etc.) in my own little world I can still dream of Orwell & Vince romantically. For now though I'm gonna enjoy their dynamic of superhero and sidekick because it seems like it'll be a fun one.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)

Yeah most definately. I didn't really see any true chem with Vince and his wife but with him and Orwell there was tons. Even though I'm sure that they won't split up anymore of the Fareway family dynamic (ie divorce, etc.) in my own little world I can still dream of Orwell & Vince romantically. For now though I'm gonna enjoy their dynamic of superhero and sidekick because it seems like it'll be a fun one.
That's the great part of Fanfiction stories. I have enjoyed non-canon pairings, so no big deal.
I like their alliance and the light banter between them. "Thanks for the Get Well card." "By the way where's your cape?" "Dry cleaners."
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely see way more chemistry between Vince/Orwell than Vince/his wife. I love V/O so much already!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

The ratings were pretty good, right? I hope it stays that way and we get a second season announcement ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseP_Break_Me (View Post)
I definitely see way more chemistry between Vince/Orwell than Vince/his wife. I love V/O so much already!
Me too .
Old 01-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the ratings were excellent. Over 8 million viewers.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Loyal Fan

You know that the wife will probably end up dating her boss. The guy she bullied into giving her a job So if Vince and Orwell get a little close we will see the wife have her own flirtation. She thinks he is dead.

I still can't believe that Marty sold him out. Plus didn't Fleming after 'the Cape' was poisoned in his apartment figure out that it is Vince? I always find it funny that a mask, even one that just hides your cheeks can camoflauge a persons identity.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovie (View Post)
I always find it funny that a mask, even one that just hides your cheeks can camoflauge a persons identity.
I love comics [books, movies, shows], but that's one aspect of them that drives me bonkers. I mean, are we honestly supposed to believe someone can't tell who someone else truly is just because of a mask that doesn't even cover their entire face? It's pretty ridiculous. lol

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 01-12-2011 at 01:01 AM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^^ I hope they manage to keep the numbers stronghold in the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovie (View Post)
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]You know that the wife will probably end up dating her boss. The guy she bullied into giving her a job So if Vince and Orwell get a little close we will see the wife have her own flirtation. She thinks he is dead.
He won't risk his identity now and being alive to protect his wife and son. Then as time passes, the wife could befriend some brand new man who is good to her and her son. And she is likely to reunite with Vince towards the final episode. In between that time he forms a bond with Orwell, a person who he can confide in.
Reply   Post New Thread