Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Board Customization - Please Read

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of customizing message boards and now it's your turn! Please post any picture and color suggestions that you have on this thread. We would appreciate it if you could let us know which pictures you’d like to see in the board graphic. Any help is appreciated, but we ask that you please do not post pictures directly onto this thread, as that will severely slow down the load time for people with slower connections.

You'll be allowed to vote for your favorite graphic in a few weeks from today, and it’ll continue for 5 days at which point the thread will be closed and we will immediately start customizing your board.

Your votes and suggestions for possible colors and the best graphic will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this process, or if you are interested in joining the Graphics Team, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for reading this.

Sabrina
Old 11-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

I was thinking a dark board and perhaps a graphic with planets and space or something. Something general, since this is a general board maybe?
Old 11-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~
I was thinking a dark board and perhaps a graphic with planets and space or something. Something general, since this is a general board maybe?
I agree, and maybe a pic of a unicorn, pegasus, or wizard to represent fantasy too.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

So let's think up the elements that are us:

We have scifi, but not starwars, star trek, harry potter and all of them, since they have their own boards.

We have fantasy, but none of the above.

I like the ideas of dark boards, What do we say about Very Dark blues, black for a background and yellows as a highlights? The colors general fit and are used in almost all scifi/fantasy type shows/movies.

As for images/pictures, I have tons, let me know the subjects and I'll post them up.

Subject, nice jump on the topic. Great pictures.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I agree that it should be general too in order to accurately reflect the content of the board.

Quote:
Originally posted by Soz
I agree, and maybe a pic of a unicorn, pegasus, or wizard to represent fantasy too.
How about a dragon?
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dark boards are depressing and they ruin some smilies and make it hard to read stuff that's posted in certain colors.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

I like the dark boards, most of my av's look better on dark boards but not too dark, they kill the eyes
Old 11-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

Ponder Sum1 asking for bright and cheery colors.

I found some pix of dragons, I'll be posting them tomorrow.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I agree on the dark colors. Not so much on trying to make things cheery but in that some smilies looks terrible and the colors can be a strain on the eyes. I think it best to do general sci-f/fantasy. We can probably include pics of the stargate but none of the characters in order to make it unbiased. Any contributions in the fantasy realm would be appreciated. I would love a pic of a dragon, fairies, pegasus, unicorn, planets, supernova. Anything you can find. Thanks. And please continue to use this thread to discuss different aspects of the sci-fi/fantasy realm and color scheme you'd like to see as I'll be checking and trying my best to use your ideas.

.icon.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

You gotta have some blue in there. What's scifi without blue? And I'm 100% behind using some characters from Stargate and Farscape.

Last edited by coolove; 11-09-2004 at 06:21 PM
Old 11-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Elite Fan

The problem with using specific characters from a show is that we could not possibly be show major characters from all the shows that people like....so it would be best if we tried to keep with general themes, special effects and creatures.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Banned

Well, if the stargate does get used there should also be a ship from Farscape to even things out. Like..... they would go good with blue.

http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery.../cred4-006.jpg
http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery.../cred4-007.jpg
http://www.farscapeworld.com/gallery.../cred4-031.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dani.mo...railer-057.jpg
Old 11-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

I like the idea of using some ships from sci-fi shows. But if this idea is used then don't forget about the Firefly ship!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

I like the idea of using generalize symbols as well. I think it's more inclusive that way. Stars, planets, dragons, lightening bolts, Xena's chakram

I actually like the idea of dark colors. The current design of the FC board is one of my favorites, and it's of the darker variety. Maybe black, with darker blues, purples and reds accenting it?

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Closed Thread   Post New Thread