Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Blade The Series Appreciation #1

Is anybody else watching this? I expected this to be cheesy and terrible, but the writing is awesome (the same guy who wrote the movies is writing it). The show just keeps getting better and better with each episode.

The actor who plays Blade is not as good as Wesley Snipes, but the cool thing is there it's really an ensemble show with lots of intersting characters.

Blade:

Krista:

Marcus:

I made some screencaptures in case anybody is interested.

Last edited by LolaRuns; 08-03-2006 at 05:51 AM
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I still don't know how I feel with Sticky Fingaz as blade, but the show isn't half bad.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

I've tried a couple of times to get into the series, I just can't have it stick with me....it's just not wesley, and that seems to matter to me for some reason, though I dont' really like wesley. The girls are pretty smoking, though.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Snipes defined the role, it's hard to have the series without him.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

So far I am liking it. I like that from time to time we get to see a little of Blade's backstory.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Absolute Fan

i haven't had a chance to watch the series but i loved the movies.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Supreme Fan

I want to check out the series. Ugh... Spike TV
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Sticky is not as good as Wesley but the writing is extremely good and sharp. Loving the storylines about the rivalries between the different vampire houses.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Supreme Fan

The commercials show way too much sex for me. I was hoping for an action series.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

The show is much better than I thought it was going to be. Jones is prone to overacting a bit, but then again, so was Wesley Snipes. The writing is solid, the effects are pretty good, and overall the acting is above par.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xextremex
The commercials show way too much sex for me. I was hoping for an action series.
Unless I am mistaken, last night's episode was the only one with that level of sexual activity. Most of the time it is an action series.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I think there was one episode, I think the second which showed a random couple making out sexily, but beyond that the series has been very tame, especially where the main characters are concerned. (unless you count Krista taking her robe off and being seen from behind as she descends into a pool of blood. I do think it actually fits with the dark, gritty feel of the whole universe)

I really liked the most recent episode. Marcus tricking the pureblood was awesome and we now finally know what his big masterplan is. I'm also really suprised that I'm quite enjoying the subplot with the detective following the vamps around. The fight between Krista and Glynnis was great, loved Glynnis sticking to the wall. The mother story was sad. Personally, I didn't think that Blade laying off killing her immediately was a sign of special affection for Krista. I think he just knew that it was something that Krista had to do herself. Still, I'm very curious to see what the fallout of it will be.

BTW, I tried to write up a rough summary of what the vampire rules and lore are like in the Blade universe. (personally, I always thought that that was the main cool thing about the series, that their universe feels so real)

Some pictures:

Krista with a pretty smile

Marcus

Chase

Shen (Blade's sidekick)
Old 08-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Total Fan

Based on the promos I have seen recently, sex will play a large part in this week's episode. Of course, you can never really be sure with promos. They tend to exaggerate or flat out lie.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom (View Post)
Based on the promos I have seen recently, sex will play a large part in this week's episode. Of course, you can never really be sure with promos. They tend to exaggerate or flat out lie.
Well, krista's been naked twice, and I think Chase got naked last week, but I'm not sure. After all, Spike is the network for men, so of course they're gonna show a lot of sexy girls with hardly any clothes to appeal to their demographic.

not that i'm complaining tho. Krista is fine!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Yea, that's why I'm going to pass. I'm hating Spike TV. Fine, they can do whatever with half-naked women. But, then they show the Girls Gone Wild DVD. Sick.
Reply   Post New Thread