Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie-
Alex The miniseries and season 1 are sitting on my shelve waiting to be watched Just need to get my hands on season 2. I realised season 2 will be released in the UK heaps earlier than in the US. Any idea why?
Syndication, American-style.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alex The miniseries and season 1 are sitting on my shelve waiting to be watched Just need to get my hands on season 2. I realised season 2 will be released in the UK heaps earlier than in the US. Any idea why?

Thanks for acknowledging my presence
I see that your question has been already answered

Hey now...what's with the ? You and Pav, I swear those smileys always end up in your post. Now you're making me use them, trying to corrupt me along side the both of you?

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

I"m not a cylon agent....or am I? If I was mechanical, could I utlize the force?

And I won't spoil it for anyone....but the spoilers have dried up after episode 5...wonder if they took a break.

Alex, You're the only person that Doesn't use smiles
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

I thought the plan was to film 10 episodes before the season actually starts up in October?

What? You mean I don't use or It's all good, I only need this one... to make a point.

Well, if you were a cylon agent, definitely have to watch out while attempting to master force lightning

Does anyone have the BSG soundtrack? If so, does it include season 1 music only or is there music from Season 2.10?

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayta
I'm still holding my breath for Sharon/Helo They just can't break them up! They caaaaan't

But seriously, the most amazingly written and directed show on tv right now. I think it has depth and such passion, as was mentioned above by the Whedon quote

Love this show. And I can't wait to watch this next season....via d/ling of course Hahaha.
I can deal with a breakup as long as they're still faithful to each other and eventually get back together. I think even if Sharon's broken up with him, Helo wouldn't give up on her and would wait for her to heal.
Quote:
I'm not sure about BSG but I've noticed for other TV shows, sometimes when the DVDs are released early in the U.K. they're missing some of the extras...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
And I won't spoil it for anyone....but the spoilers have dried up after episode 5...wonder if they took a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
I thought the plan was to film 10 episodes before the season actually starts up in October?
I think I read somewhere that their shooting schedule will be the same as last year. So I guess, they'll finish the first batch of ten eps in June or July, take a break, and start filming the last batch around September or so.
Quote:
Does anyone have the BSG soundtrack? If so, does it include season 1 music only or is there music from Season 2.10?

Alex
There are three BSG soundtracks, one for the miniseries, one for Season 1 and one for Season 2.

Last edited by Cati; 06-17-2006 at 08:57 PM
Old 06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for answering my question with the soundtracks. Way too many to purchase

So by the current schedule...is it fair to assume that we will have the DVD's for S3 split up as well. It'll be DVD set 3.10...and then DVD set 3.20 whenever that is.

I think that's just an infair way to get more money out of us, the fans. I checked the prices for S2.10 on DVD...it's 35 bucks on amazon.com. There are like no extra's on it. So when they come out with the second half of S2 on DVD...and price it at what...35 dollars as well...that's 70 all together! Can you say overpriced? Especially with no extra so far, no commentary on the episodes?

Alex

Old 06-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
Thanks for answering my question with the soundtracks. Way too many to purchase

So by the current schedule...is it fair to assume that we will have the DVD's for S3 split up as well. It'll be DVD set 3.10...and then DVD set 3.20 whenever that is.
I'm definitely going to buy the S2 soundtrack. May also get S1 too later because the music in Kobol's Last Gleaming parts 1 and 2 was amazing.

Regarding the DVDs, there probably won't be a long mid-season hiatus next season so it's unlikely they'll split the DVD set again.

Quote:
I checked the prices for S2.10 on DVD...it's 35 bucks on amazon.com. There are like no extra's on it. So when they come out with the second half of S2 on DVD...and price it at what...35 dollars as well...that's 70 all together! Can you say overpriced? Especially with no extra so far, no commentary on the episodes?

Alex
There are extras on the Season 2.0 DVDs. They have deleted scenes for every episode except Pegasus and podcast commentaries for most of the episodes. But you can also watch those on the website... I agree the DVDs are overpriced. But most cable show DVDs are like that...

Last edited by Cati; 06-18-2006 at 02:18 AM
Old 06-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Ahem, Andromeda, a single season, zero extras - just the 22 episodes of one season, Stereo audio dvd box set: $250 here in Australia......I just thought i'd put things in perspective for you guys.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton
Ahem, Andromeda, a single season, zero extras - just the 22 episodes of one season, Stereo audio dvd box set: $250 here in Australia......I just thought i'd put things in perspective for you guys.
Whoa!!

I bought Battlestar Galactica TOS for 30 euros with no extra's. It seems we get the better deal in the Netherlands but i don't know about Andromada though. I am still waiting for the DVDs of New BSG to come out in the Netherlands. They frakking better!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton
Yes, remind me not to complain to all of you international fans in the future

Well then, I ordered the S2 DVD's 2.10 for BSG. Might as well, if they are not sure about releasing a complete set...

Alex

Old 06-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex I'll never try to corrupt you in any way... and just because you love the smilie

Jerry you being a cylon agent = you being a bad boy But deep in my heart I always knew it

Cati, I hope it won't be the case with BSG or Bones

I watched the miniseries today Hopefully i'll have enough time to watch more of the show in the next few days. I really like it so far
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alex I'll never try to corrupt you in any way... and just because you love the smilie

I watched the miniseries today Hopefully i'll have enough time to watch more of the show in the next few days. I really like it so far
Andie...corrupt away

I will be expecting a full "review" on what you've seen, what you liked, what you didn't like...just tell us are you officially "one of us" now? A fan of BSG

Alex

Old 06-20-2006, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

And you love me for it, don't you Andie?

JC....that's because Andromeda chose ADV to do it's DVD's....they're always horrid....just bad.

Thanks for the news Cati.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Any word on the release for S2 part II on DVD? My guess is September/October of this year?

Old 06-21-2006, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Season 2 is being released here in Australia on August 16, don't know what extras are on it though.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Closed Thread   Post New Thread