Fan Forum Hero

JERRY! Good morning to you too

What's Caprica?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie-
Hey everyone

I have finally made up my mind... I am gonna start watching the show I'll try to catch up over the summer so I'll be ready for season three
Andie...wow, I'm suprised that you're here but it's great I mean the show is execellent. You will enjoy it.

OK, I will warn you, that there is quite a bit of continuity there, and you should watch it all in order, starting with the miniseries, then S1...13 episodes, and Season 2...20 episodes.

Caprica...is the title of a new project the creators of Battlestar Galactica are doing for the sci-fi channel. It's in the beginning/production stages now, so details are coming out this summer.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Alex Why are you surprised to see me over here? I'll def watch it in a row & in order

Thanks for the explanation about Caprica
Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure...Not many people on fanforum know about BSG at all. I guess I have several friends who are also mods, who watch all kinds of TV shows, and they don't even know about the show...yes they are all from other countries too...but no big deal. I'm glad you will watch the show and give it a chance.

It's definitely one of the best action/drama type shows I've ever seen...period. I would put it right up there with the first/second seasons of Alias...to compare I guess

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Welcome, Andie!

A couple months ago Jane Espenson (one of Buffy's best writers) mentioned in her blog that BSG is her favorite show. Now on her website there's an announcement that she'll be writing an episode!!

And yesterday Joss Whedon posted on Whedonesque that he too is a fan of BSG:
Quote:
I'm just sneaking in to say I've been continuing to watch BSG, the wife and I are about halfway through season one and gushing isn't gonna cover this one. You guys have heard me gush, so it won't have any real meaning. You have to imagine Pauline Kael bursting into song, Lionel Barrymoore In "Wonderful Life" jumping up and jitterbugging with George Bailey, the Grinch's heart growing three sizes... you gotta start down there to explain what it feels like up here... I think it's so passionate, textured, complex, subversive and challenging that it dwarfs everything on TV.
Buffy is my all-time favorite show, very happy to read that he thinks so highly of my current fave!

Last edited by Cati; 06-13-2006 at 06:06 PM
Old 06-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

It just makes you wonder, with all of this acclaim...why BSG hasn't gotten the respect like big network TV shows. It's upsetting to me as a fan.

Alex

Old 06-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

I'm back!

Been a while. I haven't caught up with S3 yet. But I don't mind being spoiled or anything. I can't wait for this season.

I'm still holding my breath for Sharon/Helo They just can't break them up! They caaaaan't

But seriously, the most amazingly written and directed show on tv right now. I think it has depth and such passion, as was mentioned above by the Whedon quote

Love this show. And I can't wait to watch this next season....via d/ling of course Hahaha.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

jayta hi there I completely agree about Sharon/Helo. That is my favorite relationship on the show, has been anyways since S1. I have this bad feeling, like at the end, somehow, Sharon will turn and they are going to break up or something. It was painful enough that they took her baby from her Still, the love they have is just so pure and b/c she's a cylon and it's "forbidden" and "wrong" on so many levels it makes it more special if you ask me. Personally, I want to see what that one year in Galactica's holding cell has done to Sharon. She was already in a damaged mental state the last time they showed her talking to Helo, or not talking to him actually, and now she's been in that cell for a year.

It makes you wonder what happened with her and Helo during that time, well we know Helo got promoted probably out of necessity not choice to Gaetta's job in the CIS What happened in that year between Sharon and Admiral Adama that still feels weird typing his title that way...so used to Commander. Did they learn to actually trust each other more or are they more suspicious of one another. We know the day is coming, when Sharon will find out about her daughter, and that she's alive, and Helo will find out...they have to someday. Maybe not in S3...but the day is coming. What will the fallout of all that be. See, it's questions like that and you say "That is a great show"...b/c you just don't know what is going to happen next.

Well, we'll get S3 started in 4 months or so...it is a while but speculations are fun aren't they?

Alex

Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the welcome Cati

Alex, guess I make an exception
Old 06-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie-
Alex, guess I make an exception
I guess so I can't wait for you to watch the show and discuss it with the rest of us here Happy dl*ing

Alex

Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Alex: Exactly. You don't know what's going to happen and you end up having these questions....BUT you know they are going to answer them, one way or another!

I love this show I think mostly because it's about relationships. Whether it's relationships between soldiers, relationships with robots, or just plain trying to figure out what love is...And I think that's what we relate to because we're human. And it's emotions. And yeaaah

I think there will be definite hell to pay for what they did to sharon AND helo. I mean, both will want revenge - at least I would - if someone did that to me.

Definitely can't wait. Though I've heard spoilers about Starbuck and it seems interesting, but I feel bad about the hair....
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Jayta...right on. Relationships are the key to BSG The action and the setting it's just a byproduct of the concept to begin with. I've said this a lot, but it merits repeating, especially with Andie lurking here now...I'm not a sci-fi fan to begin with, but I BSG. It's just that frakking good

I'm also spoiler free for it, well aside the Lucy Lawless spoiler, which is so big you can not notice it everywhere on the web. I'm very happy for it one way or another b/c I used to be a big fan of Xena Warrior Princess.

FYI...Starbuck hair extensions suck! It so doesn't suit her, but I get it, I know why they put that on the show. Had to show that a year has passed in so many ways...Admiral Adama's stupid mustache so not him and chunkie Lee Pregnant Callie...we get it.

Alex

Old 06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Man, You're really not going to like the beginning of S3 then Alex *snicker*

So quick count...who's spoiled on the beginning episodes of S3 already?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
Man, You're really not going to like the beginning of S3 then Alex *snicker*
?
Why do you do it? Oh, I forgot...you're a cylon agent sent to torment me undercover as a Sith Lord!

S3 will be awesome. Don't ruin it

Alex

Old 06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex The miniseries and season 1 are sitting on my shelve waiting to be watched Just need to get my hands on season 2. I realised season 2 will be released in the UK heaps earlier than in the US. Any idea why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
I've said this a lot, but it merits repeating, especially with Andie lurking here now...
Thanks for acknowledging my presence

Jerry, I am not spoiled