Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, in honor of the SciFi season 1 finale, I'm baking a cake.

Happy Kobol's Last Gleaming Part II Day!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm watching the season finale right now and it got me wondering something. Do you think that the Number Six in Gaius' head is connected to the other ones. Because she, the one on caprica, seems to have a lot of hate for Starbuck. And since Starbuck had a little hanky panky with Gaius it would seem appropriate.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifierrocks
I'm watching the season finale right now and it got me wondering something. Do you think that the Number Six in Gaius' head is connected to the other ones. Because she, the one on caprica, seems to have a lot of hate for Starbuck. And since Starbuck had a little hanky panky with Gaius it would seem appropriate.
I think they're all connected. Every model to every other model of it's own make. Think about all the Sharon's that showed themselves on the Cylon Basestar. They were talking to her like they already knew everything that had happened to her.

And yes, much hate for Starbuck on Six's part. That scene was so deliciously fun to watch after reading how much fun Katee and Tricia had while filming it.

I'm still digesting this ep. I knew most of what happened from reading spoilers but watching it is so much different.

However, a few (very non-cohesive) thoughts:
~Starbuck broke my heart when she realized that Sharon was a Cylon.
~Lee cradling his father's head also broke my heart.
~The quote in my sig is still one of the best lines I've ever heard. And so heavy and deep for this show.
~So assuming the cradle does represent a child, is it Sharon's or does Gaius think that Six is pregnant?

Once again, I do not think I can stress enough times that this is the best show not enough people are watching.

Even on the worst days, there's the possibility for joy

Avie by Nikki Heat
Old 04-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifierrocks
I personally am taking the Cylon belief that their consciousness is not destroyed when they die (at least within a certain range) at face value. What I have thought since the pilot is that with all the destruction and nuclear chaos happening on Caprica, that the Six who Gaius was having an affair with for two years, leapt into Gaius' consciousness instead of beaming back to the mother ship.

I know that in the DVD commentary for the pilot, Ron Moore and the other guy in charge (Michael Rymer?) said they told James Callis (Baltar) two different things: one said that there is a chip in Gaius' head, and one said Gaius is just insane.

I think now that they are doing the series and needing more "beefy" storylines, that Six is definitely in Gaius' head, either in the form of a chip or her real consciousness (I hope it's her real consciousness, but that's just me).

At the beginning of the series and in the pilot, it could have gone either way. But now, things are happening that are not explainable as being simple hallucinations on Gaius' part, and I think Kobol's Last Gleaming pretty much makes it clear that the Six in Gaius' head is indeed *not* a hallucination.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie
And yes, much hate for Starbuck on Six's part. That scene was so deliciously fun to watch after reading how much fun Katee and Tricia had while filming it.

~The quote in my sig is still one of the best lines I've ever heard. And so heavy and deep for this show.
~So assuming the cradle does represent a child, is it Sharon's or does Gaius think that Six is pregnant?

Once again, I do not think I can stress enough times that this is the best show not enough people are watching.
Did you read an interview with Katie and Tricia? Any links to it?

Re: Quote: Yes. I agree. It is one of my favorite lines, ever, ever, ever. The beauty and simplicity . . . amazing. It made me cry the first time I heard it. I loved it so much, I used it in an icon. And plan to use it again. And again. And again.

*points above to his theory re: the vision*

Yuppers. This show is the best on TV right now, hands down. The writing is unparalleled.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think that i've ever felt so bad for everyone on the cast. But since Boomer is my favorite, i felt sorry for her the most. When she saw all those other...hers, my heart broke for her. That's why my avie says what it says. I believe that she can fight against her supposed "destiny". I can't wait to see how all of this turns out in the next season. I'm so excited.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

New thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread