Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Tyr does grow when he's with the crew... especially Beka. He gravitates towards her as the season wears on.

From a Nietzschean male stand point, Freya was perfect. In the few months he had been on the Andromeda, Tyr had already changed, and what a Nietzschean male should want, wasn't what he needed. Beka was a proven survivor, she was everything that appealed to Tyr. He definitely had a type. He liked blonde, blue eyed women.

That's ok! Some times, I don't pay attention to the titles names either! haha!
Old 11-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I added "Nietzschean" onto a notepad page, so hopefully I'll keep getting it right.

In my mind, Tyr realizes Beka, not Freya, is what an ideal woman means to him. I haven't really gotten to that point in the re-watch yet, but I clearly remember Beka redefined what a woman meant to him.

Once I've re-watched a couple of times, I'll always remember a title of a favorite episode, but for now, I'm winging it.

Kim
Old 11-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hahahaha!!! I only remember how to spell it because of my Beka/Tyr fic I'm writing! LOL!

And Beka is the ultimate idea of what a woman should be. Strong, independent, clever, cunning, and able to fight.

With Andromeda, I never remember the titles! LOL! Well, not all of them! LMAO! I have to look them up! LOL!
Old 11-26-2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beka is my grown up version of Buffy. I know Buffy grew into an adult, but, Beka came along all bada$$ and grown up. Love her.

I probably will be looking up titles after I get through a lot, too.

Sigh, Tyr is like my hero all over again. I mean the obvious is he's sexy, but he is one of the most deep characters that I just want to get to know. It's cool rediscovering him.

All of them, but especially him. It's going to be cool to get to know them again.

Kim
Old 11-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Beka had an unforgiving universe forge her into the bad@$$ she was. That's what I love about her. No matter what was thrown at her, she still came out of it swinging.

At first glance, Tyr is all sexy, dangerous, and powerful. Then when the series get's rolling, you find that he reads, he cooks, and he's handy with tools !LOL! I love that about him! It's probably what made me love him... and Dylan.

When you see Dylan, he's the A-typical soldier, always following orders, and obeying the law. But then you see that he knows how to work outside the box, and come up with crazy plans that somehow don't blow up in his face.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, she definitely did. I think I'll appreciate her even more watching this time around.

I think his eyes are what first made me notice him-like, they're determined, but kind at the same time. Anyway, he never gives away a story line with his eyes, like some actors do.

Dylan definitely does that. He seems to rigid and tough, and then he comes up with the most insane plan. They trust him, though, and that's why it works.

Kim
Old 11-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

I do too! She was one of my idols when I was young, and she is even more so.

YES!! His eyes can be so kind. Tyr is a man of many mask's, but all you have to do is look into his eyes and know he's not as hard as he makes everyone believe he is.

Dylan was definitely a Captain I would like to serve with. He made hard calls but they always ensured the safety of his crew.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to have to get over my "do-over" obsession with Tyr, and pay attention to him and Beka and their relationship.

Tyr was raised to be cold and unfeeling for the most part, so it makes sense that he projects it. Luckily, they got an amazing actor who gave a lot of dimension to Tyr, beyond the character.

I love the way Dylan protected his crew. He was more than willing to sacrifice himself to save the others.

Kim
Old 11-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

More often than not, you'll find Tyr next to Beka, standing real close some times too. If he can help it, he'll also help keep her on her feet when the ship is being attacked. He'll use his body and keep her braced against him.

Dylan is a selfless leader and will give his life if he has. The crew knows that, and they want him alive more than anything else.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to go through 3 pages to find our thread. I hate that so many threads are posted on so that ones we're on almost every day are so far down.

/rant over

Sorry I didn't get on this thread yesterday.

I haven't watched any more. I haven't felt well since yesterday, and, I was mixing in other things I'm watching.

I find it so cool that Tyr is so protective of Beka, especially since he KNOWS she doesn't need it, but he still is right there for her. I don't know if I'm explaining that well. If I'm confusing, just ask.

I also like that Dylan feels certain if something were to happen to him, they would carry on their mission.

Kim
Old 11-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's okay, Kim. The board guide is fully up to date if you do lose it again.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AH! Thanks Claire. I never thought to use the board guide. I'm in such a habit of doing things the way I always have, easier ways never occur to me.

Kim
Old 11-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
I had to go through 3 pages to find our thread. I hate that so many threads are posted on so that ones we're on almost every day are so far down.

/rant over

Sorry I didn't get on this thread yesterday.

I haven't watched any more. I haven't felt well since yesterday, and, I was mixing in other things I'm watching.

I find it so cool that Tyr is so protective of Beka, especially since he KNOWS she doesn't need it, but he still is right there for her. I don't know if I'm explaining that well. If I'm confusing, just ask.

I also like that Dylan feels certain if something were to happen to him, they would carry on their mission.
I understand that

Sorry you're not feeling well Hope you get better soon.

Tyr does have this inherent nature to stand by Beka and be at her back when the fighting starts, or to align himself with her, like he did in the episode D - ZERO where they were soaking in the corona of a sun to hide from Restors. Tyr knew his chances of survival would increase if he and Beka worked together.

I really liked D - ZERO because we got to see just how sneaky Dylan could be with the FMS.

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 11-29-2017 at 04:37 PM
Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Tari. I'm feeling much better now. How are you?

I will be sure to pay close attention to D-ZERO. I wonder if I'll remember having seen the episode when I see it.

Okay, did I miss an important clue, or the name of something? What is FMS? Sorry if I missed something obvious.

Kim
Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Tari. I'm feeling much better now. How are you?

I will be sure to pay close attention to D-ZERO. I wonder if I'll remember having seen the episode when I see it.

Okay, did I miss an important clue, or the name of something? What is FMS? Sorry if I missed something obvious.

Kim
Closed Thread   Post New Thread