Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Alien, Alien Vs Predator, and Predator Movies Appreciation Thread #1: "They mostly come at night. Mostly."

Alien series, Alien Vs Predator Series and Predator series movie Appreciation Thread

Alien

Alien is a science-fiction horror media franchise centered on the film series depicting Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley (played by Sigourney Weaver) and her battles with an extraterrestrial lifeform, commonly referred to as "the Alien".

Alien (1979)
Aliens (1986)
AlienĀ³ (1992)
Alien Resurrection (1997)
Prometheus (2012)
Alien: Covenant (2017)

Alien Vs Predator

The Alien Vs Predator series is a crossover between the Alien and Predator franchises. The franchise, which depicts the two species as being in conflict with one another, includes feature films, comics, novels, and computer/video games. There were also two live-action films produced, both critically panned yet being relative box office successes, and the development of a third film has been rumored over several years.

Alien vs. Predator (2004)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)

Predator

The Predator film series is a science fiction action film franchise based on a race of fictional extraterrestrials created by Jim Thomas and John Thomas. Produced by 20th Century Fox, the series started in 1987 with the film Predator, which led to two sequels and novel, comic book and video game spin-offs.

Predator (1987)
Predator 2 (1990)
Predators (2010)
The Predator (2018)

Last edited by Meliana; 09-07-2018 at 02:23 AM
C McFad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:57 AM
New Fan

Predator Vs Alien Appreciation #1

i hope u fans heard of the movie is coming soon alien verus predator.those two are the best sci fi movies.i cant wait to see it AAAAAA DREAM MOVIE lol
Old 06-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

Heh, I've seen a couple of the trailers. I'm excited, but I'm worried, usually, if the trailers are uber hyped, the movie suffers. I hope that this is not the case, because I'd love for this movie to be great, especially since Paul Anderson is doing it.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Subjectx117

I am looking foreward to this movie. I hope that it doesn't turn out to be like "Jason vs. Freddy." If anyone was to be a winner, I am going with Predator all the way.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

If you've been a fan of the comix, predators almost always win, even if they have to blow themselves up, they'll always get the last laugh.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Subjectx117

I don't really read comics. The only knowledge that I have is from the movies. Aliens just don't seem that tough. I mean Ripley defeated them. Nothing against her but if I had to choose someone who lost against Weaver or someone who lost against Arnold, I am going with Arnold. I know that's a pretty "uneducated" reason, but thats all I got.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

You're correct, an alien isn't that tough, but that's the problem, you should rarely ever have a time when it's just an alien and you, one on one. It's their hive mentality from which they draw strength.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm going with a group of friends tonight to see A Vs. P!!
Should be crazy for opening night... but when one of your friends has been counting down the days for over a month? You go on opening day.

I personally like the Aliens (and the Alien movies) better than Predators... But I don't think they will be on the winning side cause the Predators are warriors not just mindless monsters.
BlueFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

SPOILERS

Seems like fully armed, th ePredator OWNS the Alien, otherwise, the Alien OWNS the predator. The First two Predators without their should weapon got jacked, but the third Predator seemed to be hardcore anyways, he was a pimp. Then while he had his shoulderpack, he was king of the pimps, though that was shortlived. On the grand scale, Predators are slave masters in this, in the end that would always come out on top, mainly cuz they have hands. lol

END SPOILERS
Old 08-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

That movie so ripped, it wasn't even funny.

I have to go back for more, many it was keen.

I don't remember the Queen being Godzilla sized, though?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Banned

Spoilers
I liked the movie. However there a few things that either got on my nerves of I didn't understand. First of all the humans got on my nerves the most. Why couldn't they just serve their purpose and spawn the Aliens. They did have some nice effects though.

Things I didn't understand.....

1. If the Predators captured the Queen then how come her chains were not of their technology?

2. Why didn't the final Predator kill himself after being attacked by the alien "crab"? It would have been the honorable thing to do.

3. If Aliens mix dna when they are born inside the host, then why haven't there been any human/alien hybrids? (Not talking about Ripley in Alien resurrection. I think the scientists made her and the alien queen.)

Spoilers
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject

1. If the Predators captured the Queen then how come her chains were not of their technology?

2. Why didn't the final Predator kill himself after being attacked by the alien "crab"? It would have been the honorable thing to do.

3. If Aliens mix dna when they are born inside the host, then why haven't there been any human/alien hybrids? (Not talking about Ripley in Alien resurrection. I think the scientists made her and the alien queen.)
1) Perhaps they were, but this is the first time that they weren't able to kill the aliens fast enough before the aliens released her.

2) Unsure, however, while a facehugger latching on means death for a human, perhaps that's not the case for a predator. The other thing is, if you're a fan of the comic series, Pur-Aliens are the ultimate hunt. They're intelligent, can use technology and just as brutal as a regular alien. Perhaps his death will give the rest of the clan the chance to hunt this pur-alien.

3) The aliens that you see are the human/alien hybrid. The problem is, a lot of aliens are bipedal aliens with two arms, so an Alien infection results in something similar in each case, however, lookat the pur-alien at the end of the movie, or the "Dog" alien from Alien 3. Definitely a different type of alien
Old 08-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
1) Perhaps they were, but this is the first time that they weren't able to kill the aliens fast enough before the aliens released her.
I don't know. It looked like she was kept with just regular wood and chains. I'm not 100% sure it was wood but it looked like human chains.

Quote:
2) Unsure, however, while a facehugger latching on means death for a human, perhaps that's not the case for a predator.
\

If that's true, then how come that girl was alive when the "facehugger" got off her. Then in only a matter of seconds the alien came out of her chest?

Quote:
3) The aliens that you see are the human/alien hybrid. The problem is, a lot of aliens are bipedal aliens with two arms, so an Alien infection results in something similar in each case, however, lookat the pur-alien at the end of the movie, or the "Dog" alien from Alien 3. Definitely a different type of alien

I didn't know about the human/alien hybrid thing. I don't remember the "Dog" alien at the end of 3. It's been a while. I just always thought each Alien had unique characteristics like humans. We all have the basic human features, however different personal characteristics. Like color, shape, size, sex, ect. You know what I'm saying.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

In the previous alien movies, only one human that I know of was able to move, and not that well, after being implanted with an egg. Additionally, I believe that there is no way to remove an alien chest buster without killing the human host. This may not be the case with Predators.

As for sex/uniqueness, there is no such thing with Aliens. There are drones and the queen. The face huggers are larval aliens that require additional DNA to merge with to make a full alien.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
This may not be the case with Predators.
Do you think that maybe the Predator didn't kill himself and the others let him "hatch" the new alien because they wanted to hunt something more worthy in their eyes?

Quote:
The face huggers are larval aliens that require additional DNA to merge with to make a full alien.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for answering all my questions.
Reply   Post New Thread