Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dukesmom
Anyway, messing with a timeline - even for a "good" reason - is a BAD idea. [/B]
i totally agree.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned

What we should be looking into is if Lily would have been born if Richard was never taken. We know that he had a relationship with her grandmother. So if he wasn't taken it is possible that they would have been together and Lily wouldn't exsist. We need to see if every 4400 has a connection like this. That alone would be a huge part of this mystery and the ripple effect.

ok.....I'm going to watch HellBoy now. I just rented it.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

I think that we're all agreed that we need a new series. They can't just leave things like this, especially with Lily's baby already showing such power as a new born. There are just way too many questions left unanswered.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Total Fan

Just found this on the Starr Report
Quote:
USA's "The 4400" finished its run as the top-rated original (scripted) series in basic cable history. The six-episode series, which aired over five hours, averaged 5.9 million viewers, with the finale notching 6.1 million viewers.
If USA doesn't come up with a follow-up of some sort after numbers like this, I'll
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Right back at you Jerry.

About the numbers.

And those of you who haven't popped into the Television Board thread, don't be scarce over there, ok?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

The 4400 ....
Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my, 5 episodes and Karen's already shipping. *runs and hides*

Great avies. and I agree, with those numbers, they can't resist the call for a series.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my, 5 episodes and Karen's already shipping. *runs and hides*

Great avies. and I agree, with those numbers, they can't resist the call for a series.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Total Fan

tvguide.com's Matt Roush Rant regarding The 4400 (and The Grid):
Quote:
When is a miniseries not a miniseries? When it's a backdoor pilot, which is clearly what USA Network's six-hour experiment The 4400 was always intended to be. Thankfully, the test run of The 4400 was a significant hit for the cable network, which will almost certainly bring it back in some form — either as a weekly series, or in sequel format as another limited-run batch of episodes.

Ever since the open-ended finale aired on Sunday, I've been getting e-mails from viewers, a number of whom felt burned by USA's misleading marketing. I agree it would have been enormously frustrating to have so many plot points unresolved if this had been the sum total of the story. But almost from the beginning, as the provocative premise unfolded — 4400 human abductees who had been spirited away over the course of more than a half-century have returned all at once to Earth — it was clear this couldn't be contained within a mere six-hour format.

The finale had a great twist, as we learned that the 4400 weren't victims of alien abduction but had been taken into the future and brought back to avoid an impending catastrophe. Where this all leads remains to be seen, to be played out in future chapters. And a baby who was conceived during the 4400's time away is about to be born. What is its role in what's to come? Why were the trees bending toward the car as it sped away to bring the child into the world? We'll have to wait to find out.

Some are accusing USA of having hedged its bets in case the show didn't connect with the audience, feeling The 4400 should have been billed more clearly as the first part of an ongoing epic. I'm just glad the network went for it. Whenever it comes back, we'll be ready.

The situation's a little murkier with TNT's The Grid, which ended its limited run Monday night with suspenseful terrorist manhunts on three continents and plenty of ticking-clock suspense as it built to an alternately tragic and triumphant conclusion. The heroes won some, lost some in a chilling, intelligent espionage thriller with a much less ambiguous finish than The 4400. A Grid II is in development, and could easily return with more stories played out on a multi-episode canvas. The Grid could be TNT's version of HBO's The Wire (set to return next month), just as The 4400 could grow to become USA's X-Files.

Whatever happens, both series were high points of a busy TV summer, proving again that the audience's appetite for provocative scripted entertainment hasn't entirely vanished during this berserk tidal wave of reality.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Total Fan

tvguide.com's Matt Roush Rant regarding The 4400 (and The Grid):
Quote:
When is a miniseries not a miniseries? When it's a backdoor pilot, which is clearly what USA Network's six-hour experiment The 4400 was always intended to be. Thankfully, the test run of The 4400 was a significant hit for the cable network, which will almost certainly bring it back in some form — either as a weekly series, or in sequel format as another limited-run batch of episodes.

Ever since the open-ended finale aired on Sunday, I've been getting e-mails from viewers, a number of whom felt burned by USA's misleading marketing. I agree it would have been enormously frustrating to have so many plot points unresolved if this had been the sum total of the story. But almost from the beginning, as the provocative premise unfolded — 4400 human abductees who had been spirited away over the course of more than a half-century have returned all at once to Earth — it was clear this couldn't be contained within a mere six-hour format.

The finale had a great twist, as we learned that the 4400 weren't victims of alien abduction but had been taken into the future and brought back to avoid an impending catastrophe. Where this all leads remains to be seen, to be played out in future chapters. And a baby who was conceived during the 4400's time away is about to be born. What is its role in what's to come? Why were the trees bending toward the car as it sped away to bring the child into the world? We'll have to wait to find out.

Some are accusing USA of having hedged its bets in case the show didn't connect with the audience, feeling The 4400 should have been billed more clearly as the first part of an ongoing epic. I'm just glad the network went for it. Whenever it comes back, we'll be ready.

The situation's a little murkier with TNT's The Grid, which ended its limited run Monday night with suspenseful terrorist manhunts on three continents and plenty of ticking-clock suspense as it built to an alternately tragic and triumphant conclusion. The heroes won some, lost some in a chilling, intelligent espionage thriller with a much less ambiguous finish than The 4400. A Grid II is in development, and could easily return with more stories played out on a multi-episode canvas. The Grid could be TNT's version of HBO's The Wire (set to return next month), just as The 4400 could grow to become USA's X-Files.

Whatever happens, both series were high points of a busy TV summer, proving again that the audience's appetite for provocative scripted entertainment hasn't entirely vanished during this berserk tidal wave of reality.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

THx for the info Dukesmom. Will it be called 4401?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

THx for the info Dukesmom. Will it be called 4401?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

at Jerry.

Oooo ... great TV Guide info.

Here's some more basic ratings info ...

As for USA's other originals, "The 4.400" closed its five-week run on Sunday with 6.1 million viewers tuning in, including a 2.3 rating/6 share among adults 18-49, while lead-out "The Dead Zone" continued to fare well, earning 4.6 million viewers and a 2.0 rating/6 share in adults 18-49.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

I told you, 4401, here we come. Actually, it'll be like 4384, if we subtract all the ones that died.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

I told you, 4401, here we come. Actually, it'll be like 4384, if we subtract all the ones that died.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread