This has been driving me nuts.......

Does anyone know what the theme song name is? I can't find the info anywhere

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 08-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Banned

I found this at www.post-gazette.com

Quote:
USA Network's "The 4400," about returned alien abductees, has a perfectly haunting anthem. The "4400" theme song was written and produced specifically for the show by Stephen Phillips and Tim P. from BossHouse Music and performed by Amanda Abizaid. A USA Network publicist said the song is not available for sale anywhere, but I found that you can listen to it online at www.bosshousemusic.com
Old 08-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Ahh, thank you!

Old 08-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to get my new 51" tv tonight, so I can watch the finale on it!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

I love this show. Have it all on tape too. hehehe

Makes me think... in last week's eppy we saw Kyle say that he wasn't Kyle... hrmm... does this perhaps mean that the baby that Lily is carrying "might" be Kyle? It sure makes no sense for the aliens to return everyone except one person (Kyle).

Last edited by TrekGoddess; 08-08-2004 at 11:27 PM
Old 08-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

I have to admit, the explanation given at the end of the episode tonight wasn't something I had even thought of. Very sneaky and very original

Old 08-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Casandra
I have to admit, the explanation given at the end of the episode tonight wasn't something I had even thought of. Very sneaky and very original
I totally agree. And i'm the kind of person that thinks of every crazy reason on what could be going on when i'm watching a show, but this just took me by surprise. And its been forever since i've been surprised. I'm an avid spoiler addict. I can't believe that it was the last episode. they have to make more, because its just cruel and unusual punishment to end it like that.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Okie dokie... I was half right. lol
Old 08-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

He he he You all have a thread here, and I had started one over on the Television Board.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

My two cents for what it's worth. I am totally not sure if I like at all the “Time Travel/Human race dying out” explanation. It was a little anti climatic and somewhat of a cop out to end on that note...still I hope that was not the end I had enjoyed it up to that point. And I do believe there is room to clear up or work around the problems that using the time travel excuse has now opened...IE like "Twelve Monkeys" did which knew its own paradoxes and played with them.

The major problem I have with the time travel explanation it the fact that with time travel one cannot escape the inevitable occurrences of paradoxes. For instance If we send back in time the 4400 to save the future; If then the 4400 then saves the future what would be the purpose for sending them back in time? Likewise, Does the very act of retrieving, then alternating and then lastly placing them back into a time line (and mind you time lines which are not any individualist’s own except perhaps Shawn’s, which only lags now by three years) and this act ultimately causes the events in the future that actually cause the human race to die out?

Then what of Jordan Collier who clearly knows way more than any of the 4400 as evident by his stating that Richard and Lily’s baby would be the key to the future. One can’t say how he knows the future is involved. It can't be his gift because if he had second sight why then would he need to keep asking for all the gifts of the other 4400. After the series I began to suppose that he; like kyle, is also channeling a man from the future and that his actions (and perhaps Lyttel’s as well) together will be the mechanism that causes the human race to die out.

Still I hope we get the chance to find out
Old 08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

I think that Jordan saying that Lily's baby was the key to the future was an educated guess. Of all the 4400 she is the only one who we know of, that is expecting. She told him that she wasn't pregnant before she was taken.

Perhaps the reason that these people were all picked was because if they had not been abducted then they would have died shortly after. I know that that's an out there theory. However these people were picked for a reason. I mean they could have picked anyone to take and give them powers. There has to be something about each of their personalities that was specific. Like the ripple effect.

What I am wondering is if Shawn is part of this. I mean we know they foresaw the 4400 changing the world in their own small ripple, but did they see that Shawn would interupt the process they were trying to do with Kyle?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Karen, welcome to the thread.

You know, there's a theory that says, regardless of what you try to change in the past, it will always be the past, nothing can prevent your future. If that holds true, they would have done that to Kyle, knowing that Shawn would have interfered.

Indeed, they imply purpose in their pickings of individuals, and Shawn was picked, and given a power. If they didn't mean to pick him, why keep him? Just a thought.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Hi Karen, welcome to the thread.

You know, there's a theory that says, regardless of what you try to change in the past, it will always be the past, nothing can prevent your future. If that holds true, they would have done that to Kyle, knowing that Shawn would have interfered.

Indeed, they imply purpose in their pickings of individuals, and Shawn was picked, and given a power. If they didn't mean to pick him, why keep him? Just a thought.
i agree. kind of. . hi everybody. i posted on the 4400 thread on the television board and stumbled across this one. thought id say hey. i LOVE this show. i really hope it comes back. (it better!) there were too many cliffies.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Banned

It's just something about the way "Kyle" said that Shawn interupted the process. It seemed to me that the way he said it implied that they never expected Kyle to go into a comma. I'm not sure if this quote is accurate but didn't "Kyle" say that Kyle was suposed to be a way of communicating. With a term like suposed to be would mean two things in my eyes. That he was saying it as in communicating now, or that he was saying it as in Kyle was meant to from the begining. When they first tried to take him.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Total Fan

First, the Watercooler report from tvguide.com:
Quote:
The 4400
So it's not aliens after all — it's us, from our own future, mucking around. Intriguing, no? But that's far too important. On to the trivial, which is really what you all have come to expect from me.
Sean says he and Nicky are tired of all the sneaking around. Color me crazy, but making out in the front seat of a car in broad daylight 10 yards from the little brother you're hiding from? Hardly sneaking, kids.
Keen Eddie, unable to think of anything else to do, pulls his gun and shoots Kyle in the chest — not even aiming for his leg or arm or anything less vital, for crying out loud. I hope that's considered come employee-review time.
As for Justin Collier, who I said creeped me out in my last column? I knew he was evil. Billy Campbell grew a beard, after all. On TV and in movies, that means caring dad or doctor, man undergoing a personal transformation, or pure evil. Easy call.
And those bending trees at the end. Does that mean the baby has the power to selectively soften wood? Or is he lord of the plants and thus commands their loyalty? Either way, this show's definitely turning over a new leaf as it ends its trunk-ated season.
Now my 2 cents: Ahem. You can't end a series like that. There has to be more.
On a more serious note and reiterating what has already been mentioned, trying to change the past has its flaws. First there's the effect RedRockSedona mentions which creates an unending loop of going back in time to change something thereby eliminating the need (or ability) to go back in time so no one goes back in time and then the original reason for going back happens and someone does go back, ad nauseum. Then there's the "Butterfly Effect" which was explored in the Ashton Kutcher movie of the same name (I've never seen the movie but sort of understand the theory).
Anyway, messing with a timeline - even for a "good" reason - is a BAD idea.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread