Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Upset Stomach Grounds Jimmy Carter – in Hospital

Upset Stomach Grounds Jimmy Carter – in Hospital - Health, Jimmy Carter : People.com

Upset Stomach Grounds Jimmy Carter – in Hospital

Former President Jimmy Carter is "resting comfortably" in Cleveland's Metro Health Hospital with an upset stomach, says a rep, after he felt ill aboard a flight to the Ohio city Tuesday, reports CNN.

Jackie Mayo, public information officer for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, said the 39th president was transferred to Metro Health Hospital at around 11:30 a.m. ET after paramedics met Carter's plane upon its arrival.

"While on a flight to Cleveland, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter developed an upset stomach, and, upon arrival, was taken to Metro Health Hospital for observation," said a statement from Carter Center spokeswoman Deanna Congileo. "He is resting comfortably and is expected to resume his book tour this week."

Last week, Carter, 85, appeared on the Today show, promoting his latest book, his 23rd, White House Diary. He looked to be in good health. Local Midwestern TV stations report that he was due for a book singing in Cleveland Tuesday afternoon.

In 2002, Carter was the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts "to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development," said the prize committee.

I hope it was just an upset stomach but at his age it could be anything.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

His age would also be the reason why his doctors would err on the side of caution. I hope he doesn't have food poisoning, because that really sucks.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've added tags to the thread.