Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hi, I'm Twisty. 24 years old, female, and I consider myself a moderate, generally speaking. Very socially liberal, but I lean more to the right fiscally. As someone else described themselves up-thread, I'm outspoken, but not an activist. This is pretty much the first time I've visited this board. Don't know how active I'll be going forward, but I'll probably lurk a lot.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Twisty! Welcome.

Glad to meet you and glad to see you already on the threads.

It's always nice to hear someone else voice their opinions on the topic at hand.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm April. Almost 26 years old from Virginia. I was raised in a moderate religious family. Honestly I don't pay too many attention to politics, but I really should. But the views and opinions I do have I'm very passionate about, so I might not go in details in anything since I get very caught up.

If I had to put a label on any of my views, I would say I'm more conservative than anything. Even though there are some liberal things I agree with, the major one is gay rights.

April
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi April! Welcome to News & Politics.

I think what you're describing is close to what I feel I am in daily life, which is conservative on law & order issues and perhaps more liberal on social issues.

Or maybe not.

But the point is that, in my humble opinion, no one ever has to come to a debate with "well, I am a Liberal (or Conservative), therefore I feel..."

Nah. You have an opinion. I have an opinion. We talk about it. We're not deciding the faith of the world here, just shooting the breeze on certain issues. So all that matters is that people have an opinion, even an ill-defined one (as mine often are!).
Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Been posting here long enough I guess I should intro myself haha.

I'm Matt, 26 and spent from age 10 until 25 as a Buddhist/Atheist Liberal. Since last November, I've been conservative. I have made a very strong living off it. I am referred to as a mini celebrity on Twitter with thousands of followers and have 7 books published. I have 3 college degrees, just stopped paying for my Mensa membership and in the last 3 months, became Christian. I usually don't talk to liberals as they always go from nicey nicey to arguing but I like everyone here as it seems you all are open minded and GOOD people. There are some things I have no tolerance for and that's blind ignorant liberals, pro Islamic people and anyone who abuses animals
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Matt!

Nice to officially meet you.

And, like I said before, it'll be nice to have a conservative voice on here to balance things out.

Although, I hope you don't mind arguments... it's kinda the point of this site.

All I've ever asked anyone is to (a) stay on topic and (b) respect the variety of opinions in this world.

So that means I'll defend anyone's right to have and express their opinion, whether I agree with it or not.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Hi Matt!

Nice to officially meet you.

And, like I said before, it'll be nice to have a conservative voice on here to balance things out.

Although, I hope you don't mind arguments... it's kinda the point of this site.

All I've ever asked anyone is to (a) stay on topic and (b) respect the variety of opinions in this world.

So that means I'll defend anyone's right to have and express their opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

I'm ready for arguments, as long as it doesn't get personal. One of those dumb liberals I mentioned are spineless ones. I had one attack me on Twitter, and he kept getting suspended because that many people reported him for attacking on me. Anyways, he then went on to find my Youtube page and slam all my videos with so many comments with words I don't think are permitted on here, including attacks on my wife, a very respected member here. I'm happy to be here and it's nice you like a balancing voice! I'll try to do that. I'd like to think I'm educated enough on most topics to back up what I say, otherwise I won't say it
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fair enough.

Don't worry, though.

My biggest pet peeve as a moderator is when people make unwarranted generalizations an obfuscate by way of winning arguments.

This board is about argument, for sure, but I'm not looking for winners either.

The point is to exchange ideas, broaden our minds, learn a thing or two about the different ways in which people live their lives.

We're never all agree on everything. That's okay.

We're all grown ups, we should be able to deal with people who feel differently about the world.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Fair enough.

Don't worry, though.

My biggest pet peeve as a moderator is when people make unwarranted generalizations an obfuscate by way of winning arguments.

This board is about argument, for sure, but I'm not looking for winners either.

The point is to exchange ideas, broaden our minds, learn a thing or two about the different ways in which people live their lives.

We're never all agree on everything. That's okay.

We're all grown ups, we should be able to deal with people who feel differently about the world.
There are no winners in politics. If I see the world one way, you see it another way, it doesn't matter. You nor I can do anything to help or hurt anything. Which is the downfall of it being my main hobby. All these beliefs I have and many others have, in grand scale, are pointless. Way I see it, politics only creates losers as none of the winners are happy lol
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meh, politics creates a lot of ways to talk about new things, too.

At least, that's why I took the degree.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

You have a politics degree? That's so awesome, I would have gotten one but my professors were lazy in politics/government class (literally showed up late with a bag that had a candy bar and a burger). My college degrees are Associate's in Arts, Bachelor in Creative Writing and Bachelor in Psychology. Psychology, philosophy are, to me, the keys in politics!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I guess I was more fortunate in the poli sci prof department.

None of the many profs I had ever ate in class. Or, if they did, I certainly don't remember it.

Now, one of my Journalism professors was systematically late for class and would always end early. But she was one among many in that degree, so I guess I stuck with that one, too.

I had one professor when I did my English degree who liked his vino a little much, but that was only clear at department parties. So, really, that was no big impediment to my completing that degree either.

As for History... it's a mixed bag, but no one eating in class either.

Well, except me. The classes I've been taking since entering the world of "real jobs" have all been after work, so I'm having a quick bite to tide me over till I get home.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Dang you got lucky. I remember my anthropology professor always was late and came in panting and sweating like he just ran from his car to class...every day, it was weird. That's why I do online classes when I can...people, especially here in Detroit are WEIRD haha
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he was just out of shape?

I mean, I'm sure there was plenty of "strange" behaviour, too, somewhere over the course of my studies... but I can't say any of it struck me to the extent that I'd rather study online.

Mind you, that's just a personal choice, of course.