Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tom Welling & Allison Mack Friendship Thread #2: B/C They've both directed one another!

+Quotes

Now that Chloe has returned, what is their relationship like?
Tom Welling:
Their relationship is as up and down as the emotional levels of Clark and Lana. I know that the trust issue is big for Clark and Chloe.
Here's the biggest story of her life right in front of her and she doesn't even know it. In 'Truth' Clark's "best friend" went behind his back when she'd agreed not to, and obviously she was under the influence of something that she couldn't control, which was ultimately found out about, but that episode touched on a very big story arc between Chloe and Clark, and it's not until many episodes where it's resolved at all.

If it ever does get resolved...
Tom Welling:
It is somewhat...There's an acceptance of each other's faults and a promise that it won't happen again, and choosing to trust in that promise once again. ~ SV magazine issue 4 (UK version)

--
Tom's thoughts on the Arrival scene:
Tom Welling:
Clark realizing that Chloe knows his secret, which I thought was a great thing to hang in front of the show anyway, as a carrot to keep everyone guessing on what would happen...I thought Allison played that beautifully..I thought she did a good job with that. ~ SV magazine issue 7 (UK version)

Tom's thoughts on Chloe now knowing the secret:
Tom Welling:
It has rewritten her character. For Clark...it allows Clark to share some of those situations that he has with someone else, which is important to Clark and his learning process about how to become a hero. It has also branched Chloe out into her own webisodes. It created a sort of franchise for her. ~ SV magazine issue 8 (UK version)

--
Allison's thoughts on Chloe now knowing the secret:
Allison Mack:
It has deepened their love for one another. Chloe was dedicated to Clark as a friend and then as a crush. When she felt the weight of this revelation and was inside his life, it matured Chloe and forced her to look at how much she really loved him and examine how important her committment to him was at a very selfless level...It is a very adult and mature relationship between the two of them...Chloe is the only person that Clark really listens to.
~ SV magazine issue 12 (UK version)

What Chloe scene has stuck out for you?
Allison Mack:
My favorite Chloe moment of the whole season is that scene in the hospital where she finds out Clark is an alien. ~ SV magazine issue 8 (UK version)

--
What’s his relationship going to be with Chloe as she takes on the role of Watchtower?
Tom Welling:
That’s an interesting one, because even on set, scene by scene, we’re not sure what it is. Allison Mack is a tremendous actor. On set, in a very collaborative and positive way, there’s this sense of distance between Chloe and Clark. They’re both changed people. They’re not the Chloe and Clark who used to run around the Torch in the first few seasons of the show. They’ve both grown up and they both have better ideas about what they want to do with their lives. And they’re trying to figure out what their relationship is. But right now it’s rough seas.
~ TV Guide Season 9 Interview

--
Allison Mack: I think she will always love Clark. I think that is something that just is.
~ SV magazine issue 12 (UK version)

There relationship has evolved over the course of the show.
Have you and Tom had a relationship thats changed?
Allison Mack:
Tom and I have definitely had a relationship thats changed. I mean, I don't think that you can help but change when you are sorta growing up together on the show. I was 18 when I got the show, Tom was 25 so we really did grow up together so I have a deep appreciation and love for Tom Welling. I think he's an amazing man and I absolutely feel privileged to be working with him for the amount of time that I have and I look forward to going to work with him everyday. ~ Comic Con 2009

--
With the exception of you and Tom Welling, the cast has also continually changed --
what's it like to be one of the only two people who've been there all along?
Allison Mack:
It's amazing and I think you can see it on-screen as well.
Tom and I have earned that relationship and I think you can see it in our camaraderie. A lot of it comes from the fact that we've really grown up together. It's funny, for someone that I spend very little personal time with, I know him so well. And him, me.

Who's the sexiest person in the show?
Allison Mack:
Sexiest person in the show? Oh my God, Tom Welling! I've had a crush on him since the Pilot! I've never seemed to get over it. ~ Comic Con 2009

--
Allison Mack: Tom's been an incredible friend, teaching me I can do anything and learn anything.

About her experience with directing:
Allison Mack:
Working with Tom I think was probably one of my most favorite parts of this whole experience. It was really amazing! I didn't know how well I knew him until I'd had this experience. Him as a person I know SO well and I know what works for him and I know how he's feeling and I know when he's in a good mood or when he's in a bad mood and I know how to help him out of that. When I was directing him, I could be very... concise with my direction with him. I could say like 1 or 2 things and he would know exactly what I meant or I could look at him differently and he would know exactly what that meant.
~ Season 8 DVD Special Features

+ STORIES

Interviewer: Now this is the second season of Smallville. Do you and Clark Kent get along alright?
Allison Mack: Yeah! Tom Welling is awesome. The only complaint that I have about Tom.. is that he is a man of steel. Like he's super dooper strong guy. Like he's a big you know.. manly man. And the first season.. he always has these scenes where he comes in and like.. save us. He's Superman, so.. It was like my first scene where I was getting saved, and I was in a room full of fire, and he has to run in and he stands there and you know, flexes his chest and I run up to him and he embraces me, and it's all wonderful and heroic. Well, my head comes right up to his chest. And he's got a very strong chest. (noises frm the audience, so Allison turns to them, "Yeah, I know.") I'm getting all geared up and ready to go, and they say ACTION! and I race in, and.. my head bounces right off of his chest. It was like a full on ricochet effect. And after like the fifth time, it was like "Tom, I'm getting a little bit of a concussion, so if you could just envelop a little bit, I'd really appreciate that.
Interviewer: Give you a hug
Allison Mack: Yeah, soften the steel.

Interviewer: Do you do your own stunts on the show? Because there are quite.. it's very stunt heavy.
Allison Mack: They tried. I'm not very co-ordinated. Like the fact that I got down the stairs in these shoes without falling is amazing. Well they put me on a horse. There was one thing where I was supposed to be riding a horse with Kristin Kreuk, who plays Lana, and Tom Welling. And it was my first time ever on a horse. Like, ever. And so I get on, and I'm feeling so good, I'm like "Yeah dude, I'm a natural, like I should go be a cowgirl or something." So I'm riding back with Tom to our first positions, and all of a sudden Tom looks at me and he kinda like gives me a little wink, and his horse speeds up. And I was like "Ahh. okay. I gotcha. I can handle this." So my horse speeds up, so then his horse starts to trot, and then my horse just gets a bee in it's bonnet and takes off, and like Tom said that the only thing he could see was you know, my bum like three feet above the saddle and I'm holding on for dear life.

Allison and Aaron were blocking a kissing scene, and Tom was making out with the shelves when Allison looked over Jimmy's shoulder after they kissed. I am sure I could tell it funnier but I was seriously just cracking up regardless (i was about 10 feet away from him, behind him, watching).

--
Allison Mack: I was dressed in a prom gown and heels for the season finale. I was supposed to run up this road, jump onto this box—I'm short and Tom Welling is tall so they put me on boxes—and talk to Tom. I overestimated and missed the box! My heel caught on the end, and I went toppling into Tom. He was like, 'Oh, are you a little drunk?' No, I'm just clumsy!"

--
She also said some pretty funny stories, one of my favorites being how when Chloe is typing on a keyboard what Allison is really typing are her lines, whereas when Clark has to do it, Tom Welling just types his own name. Over and over again. It just cracked us up.

--
One of Tom Wellings favorite stories:
Then she had another encounter which she mentioned was also Tom Welling’s favorite. She’d been in New York during the first season of Smallville. They had just aired a few episodes and no one barely knew them. But this guy, dressed like, oh I don’t exactly remember what. Some fisher with a big hat or what was it? He’d stopped when he saw her and said, “You’re Allishon Mack from Schmallville!” He talked like that. He had gone on and on about, “You’re Allishon!” and how much he loved the show and just kept saying that. She had been pretty :O about it and didn’t know what to say.

Eight years later, and their friendship is stronger than ever

Previous thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f116/tom-wel...read-62799267/

Credit to go-clo for the set-up

Last edited by FrellingTralk; 02-03-2010 at 06:25 PM
FrellingTralk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Umm can the " # " be edited out, it's supposed to be " : "

Old 11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i think you can right now
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the new thread, Naomi! The title's all fixed up.

Did you just now add that last animation? It looks great in there!

Should we add the link for the previous thread?

icon: Spike it up
happy mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was

And http://www.fanforum.com/f116/tom-wel...read-62799267/
Old 11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link, it's in the OP now. Oh, I also added "#2" to the title.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you
Old 11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. I forgot to mention, I really like the title you came up with.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Sweet_Honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My bandwidth has gone down Anyone know a quick way to get it back?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, I'm unable to offer any ideas...that's never happened to me.

There must be someone around on the boards who could help you...or you could inquire about it on the Info Center board.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently I have to wait till the 22nd (when I joined photobucket) for my bandwidth to be reset
Old 12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I see, thanks for the info.

Well, it'll be good to eventually get the OP back to its glorious self.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yea
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Make that the 19th