Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2018, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

haha pounce on him , id record it too

yeh Liv , its coming up quick .. when i was preparing for mine .. it was here in a blink of an eye , i was like wholly far out . where did the time go , blink of an eye again i was back home again , its happens pretty fast .. i hope you have fun

Jean-Claude Van Damme Campaign
scooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

As much as I would be tempted to, I'm going to try and keep as cool as possible. It won't be easy, as it's actually going to be hot af in that building, but acting cool and myself around him is what I'm psyching myself for now. It's going to be that first meeting on Friday morning where my heart will be racing a mile a minute. But by Saturday and getting my Diamond Pass auto I should be good.

I will imagine it will come and go just as quickly. I've given myself five full free days to recover afterwards before going back to work. I think that should be enough.....
Old 07-20-2018, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

yeh its funny cause im pretty cool around stars .. i keep a cool head ,i have met a few stars in my time , i met some stars years ago and a friend of mine was a mess in front of them , so when the photos had to be taken they didnt smile for her photo , cause i kept a cool head , i got smiles and cuddles .. Just dont let them know your a nervous wreck even though your knees are like jelly and want to callapse in from of him lol , youll be ok ..

here is Livvy after meeting Tom

Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad to hear you are guys are giving good advice to each other. I have absolutely no experience in this, so I will probably end up making a scene, not letting Tom go.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aw, hun.

Leigh, that will TOTALLY be me. But it may be a combination of heat exhaustion and meeting Tom. I might melt, literally. When I said it is going to be hot at Olympia, I'm not kidding. From what I've read on the Showmasters forum from other people who attended previous years, the building is like a greenhouse - mostly an old building with very little air con. Combine that with hundreds upon hundreds of people in there, and the predicted outside temperature (29C on Friday, 31C on Saturday apparently) and you're going to be very hot and sticky. Which sucks when meeting your favourite stars. I've become as well prepared as I think I can be for this. Got a handheld cooling fan that sprays mist, a 750ml water flask that can keep water relatively cold, and mostly loose, cool clothing, oh and good deodorant. Should be good.

Oh yeah. I'll definitely try not to show how nervous I'll be. I have met my favourite bands in the past, and managed to mostly keep my cool. So I'm not totally new to it either. But I'll be literally looking hot from the outside and feeling hot in the inside, so it won't be easy. Hopefully my fan will help with that.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

You poor bugga's , its summer over there ay ... we had winter , so we didnt have a problem with our tents . Yeh i thought id go nuts around my fave bands years ago , i guess i surprised myself , but youll have fun ..

Old 07-22-2018, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I love the gorgeous weather we have been having, especially after the horrible long wet winter we had which lasted well into March (with snow) it's just it's been WAY too hot for me. See, I'm ok with cold. Just put the layers on and I'm fine. Hot, it's much more difficult keep cool.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ So, am I supposed to be imagining a sweaty hot meeting with Tom and you, Liv?!?!?
Old 07-22-2018, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Probably! I'm just hoping the deodorant I use will keep me fresh.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I am sure it will. I hear at every convention, fans say that Tom smells great, so you cain also check that out for me!
Old 07-24-2018, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Ok I will. Though I think at the other cons there wasn't an extreme heatwave, and I'm sure the buildings they were at were nice and cool.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's Good. Best of luck really now, it is getting quite close! Tom is looking really great right now, very fresh! I hope the weather will be bearable, and you have a wonderful time, Liv.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thank you Fatima! He sure is.

I just spent a fortune in Boots pharmacy buying everything I may need....blister plasters, travel size factor 50 sun cream, wet wipes, menthol tissues in case my nose gets blocked up, frizz ease for my hair (just went to the hairdressers this morning) ... thank goodness I'll soon get paid at the beginning of next month!

Fatima, just a heads up - Tom might not be able to always personalise autos as he will be a busy guest, there's a chance there might be a sign up near his desk to say no personalisations if he is unable, which will mean he can't even sign your name. But the sign might not always be there, if it goes quieter for him later in the day. I hope you will be ok with this, if I am unable to get him to sign your name. I can still tell him it's for you.

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-25-2018 at 04:54 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, todays the day of travelling up to London!

I should be able to post on my phone on the journey, and when I get to the hotel, they have wifi so I will be able to post a little on my phone in the evenings also. I won't share too much, if anything, over the next two days because I will share my whole experience when I return on Sunday (more likely to post it Monday though).

Tomorrow I finally meet Tom Welling. The love of my life for the past 10 years. I've been posting here since 2010 and been modding this special board since 2012 (wow 6 years ) and my love for him has never wavered, never changed, only grows.

Here I go.

Am now on the train. Still can't believe that this day is here!

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-26-2018 at 02:39 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, Liv. Now, this is it. I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I hope you get to meet and talk to Tom a lot, and I am perfectly fine with anything and everything. Don't worry about a thing. I just know that meeting Tom will be a great experience for you, and I hope you enjoy every single moment of seeing him up, close, and personal.

I will excitedly wait to hear from you on Monday. I know Tom Welling is looking absolutely amazing, and I hope he picks a good con shirt for his first convention in the UK!

Good Luck, Liv!
Reply   Post New Thread