Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

He should have at least been thinking about it more after high school. He was growing up, he should have been moving on but instead he was just stuck.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
He should have at least been thinking about it more after high school. He was growing up, he should have been moving on but instead he was just stuck.
I just feel after the end of season 2, destroying his ship, he should know what rejecting his destiny and taking things in his owns hands get him.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Exactly. Especially when his actions inadvertently caused Martha to lose her baby.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah. That season 2 episode always gets me upset. lol Everytime I watch it I never understand Clark. lol
Old 01-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I do see it from his point of view though. Jor-El was trying to force him away from everyone he loved, everything he knew of life on earth. At 15, I would have freaked out if that happened to me. But he had no idea what would happen if he destroyed the ship, and shouldn't have taken that risk.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I knew that, he was seeing his family as disappearing however, he sort of made what Jor-EL was saying came to life by his choices.

He should've took Jonathan's advice as "YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE SON." He does, and that's why he was in every bad situation he was in.

Season 2, instead of being the best man for his BFF at the time in Lex Luthor, he decides to destroy the ship. So, instead of Martha and Jonathan enjoying the wedding, they spend the time worrying about Clark so they rush home to him at the wrong time and of course get into the bad accident and Martha loses the baby.

Clark slips on the red kryptonite ring, leaves town for months pushing everyone away from him and it got so bad that Jonathan went to Jor-EL. And he got Clark powers to bring him home.

It turned out the deal was to bring Clark back home whenever Jor-El was ready...

Fake Kara used and tries to bring Clark home, and of course in the end Clark decides not to but Jor-El would've killed Jonathan if he didn't...

So, months again of Clark getting reborn and Martha in the hospital waiting for Jonathan to awake (Crusade)

Season 5... Clark finally growing up and changing and of course he saves Chloe and promises he'll be back. Jor-El warns him if he's not bad then there will be consequences and he gives his word.

He turns mortal, and is okay living in fantasy island. Until he gets shot...

Jor-El brings him back to live so the life of someone he loves will have to get exchanged for his....

I'm just saying the list keeps going on, all of these were Clark decisions, not Jor-El. Sadly, Clark paranormal and rejection of his destiny is why he was in such a bad situation throughout the series.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True, very true. He was being very irrational which caused him to make bad choices though. He felt extremely guilty when Martha lost the baby. He wasn't thinking clearly and felt he had to run away. Yes it was his choice but sometimes when we feel desperate we make irrational decisions. We all make mistakes. Probably not as dangerous as Clark had but even so.

When he promised to return to Jor-El I believe he was going to fulfill that promise but got distraced saving Lana. Yes he enjoyed life as a mortal, happy with Lana, but even then he still wanted to save the day. He risked his life in the process. It's certainly not his fault that in order for Jor-El to bring him back, another life had to be exchanged for his. That's just how I look at it, but even Clark blames himself for everything that's happened. In fact, he always blamed himself, just look at how many times he says "it's all my fault" even when it wasn't. It took him a while to learn those lessons and to finally move on from his mistakes and stop blaming himself for every little thing. He just wasn't comfortable or happy in his own skin until he finally accepted his destiny and properly started his training with Jor-El in S9. He had to let go of Clark Kent in order to do so. But he obviously missed home and came back. He then had to learn how to be Kryptonian and a human and to balance his life accordingly.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree with you completely, I guess I just feel that after his father died, this all should've been the end of it. Even re-watching the "Vengeance" episode, that's when he finally should've matured. It shouldn't have taken all the way to Season 9 for him to finally grow up... well season 8, is when he finally works towards that.

But, Season 6-7 was just a joke for Clark.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yep. S6 and S7 were a waste for Clark because of Clexana drama and then living the 'dream life' with Lana on the farm. He really should have been more working towards his destiny then. Though he did have some good moments, like in the Justice episode and when he was teaching Kara how to use her powers in S7...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Still not happy that Kara was Supergirl before Clark was Superman. lolol
Just goes to show you how long the writers waited for everything...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Still not happy that Kara was Supergirl before Clark was Superman. lolol
Just goes to show you how long the writers waited for everything...
Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, that was kinda messed up.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So difficult watching Clark during Season 5. URG these writers.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I know.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At least Tom was doing some great acting.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread