Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2019, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Without spoiling... his scenes are controversy however it's organic to THIS version of Clark Kent...
Old 12-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ How is it organic?
Old 12-11-2019, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

No spoilers, or put into spoiler tags please, I've got to find a way to watch it online as I don't get the channel that Crisis is aired on here in the UK.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Have you not seen Tom's scene yet?
Old 01-01-2020, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Nope, I want to watch the whole Crisis event, not just Tom's scene. I'm going to try and watch it very soon!
Old 01-02-2020, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, okay.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

This is my views I posted on the Crisis thread at the Smallville board straight after I watched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Well, I finally watched part 1 and 2 of Crisis. Since Supergirl was the only show of the 5 that I have watched, I could mostly follow along on the Supergirl episode, though I did stop watching part way through season 4 as I wasn't particularly enjoying much of that season. And the fact that I was jumping back in skipping the rest of season 4 and the beginning of season 5 probably wasn't the best idea. But I somewhat got the gist of what had been happening. As for the other characters from the other shows/earths, I could sort of watch without having too much understanding.

So I just finished watching the Batwoman episode, and I have extremely mixed feelings. On the one hand, the scene with Tom's Clark was fun, briefly meeting Supergirl's Clark and Lois and then a different version of Lex Luthor, (was this Supergirl's version of Lex?) bought back to life for some insane reason, just so he could steal a book and travel multiverses to try and kill all Supermen. Geez, that's some ultimate Lex goal there. But he fails to kill Smallville Clark because he gave up his powers and Kryptonite can no longer harm him. I am really, really, really mixed on this decision. All that lead up, that journey that Clark made, the lessons he learned, the sacrifices he made, the whole show of Smallville was showing the journey of Clark becoming Superman. And it was all thrown away? I get that for most of his life, Clark just wanted to live a normal life, but didn't he learn that giving up his powers in season 5 was a mistake? If this is going to be canon, I have to imagine that this is at least 10-15 years into the future. Well, I suppose it would be about 8 years now. It's sweet to know he and Lois have a family of their own, (how many daughters was it?) and I guess the best way to think on it is that the only reason Clark gave up being Superman was to be with his family. I can get that. And it is nice that he can live a period of time in his life to live a normal life like he always wanted. But at the same time, I don't think I will really get used to that idea and definitely won't have it as canon in my head. It's nice that they moved back to the old Kent farm, I guess they didn't want to have to raise kids in the city. But I like to think they still have an apartment in Metropolis. It is, after all, a heck of a commute to Metropolis from Smallville (although the show did chop and change how far away the city actually is ) especially when Clark can't super speed there any more. But in my head canon, Smallville Clark is still Superman and still has his powers, the Smallville finale was perfect, he wouldn't have put on that suit at the end and fully become Superman if he didn't then embrace his powers and who he was. Yeah, sure, Tom didn't wear it, but Clark still did. He would have enjoyed being Superman.

As for the rest of the Batwoman episode...yeah I wasn't all that invested. However, I kind of like the Batwoman character. I wonder why she kept that bit of Kryptonite?

The craziest part was seeing Tyler's Clark/Superman meet Brandon Routh's Clark/Superman, though I really didn't like how they used the Smallville Daily Planet for Brandon's universe. That is Smallville's Clark's universe! Ok, so it was a different set inside, but it was still the same building from the outside. When they had that shot of the outside of the Marine Building aka Smallville's Daily Planet, I thought they would find Smallville's Clark and Lois there but instead it was Brandon. And just checking the filming locations of Superman Returns, they did not use that same building, in fact they filmed mostly in Australia wow I did not know that. It was interesting that they had everyone that Brandon's Clark/Superman knew and loved died, damn, that's dark, not just Lois, but everyone in the Daily Planet except him. But still. Using the Marine Building in Vancouver for not Smallville's Daily Planet irked me. They could have used a different building in Vancouver. It wouldn't have mattered so much if we didn't have Tom and Erica in this crossover as Clark and Lois, but we did. And we didn't see them there. But that's just how I feel. I think I am so connected to it because I visited that exact building when I was in Vancouver in 2018, it will always be the Smallville Daily Planet.

Anyways, that's my opinion of the crossover event so far. Will I watch the rest of it? Yeah, just out of sheer curiosity and knowing that Tom Ellis appears in the next one as Lucifer - that I am definitely interested in seeing how it plays out. Kinda a missed opportunity to not have him somehow meet Tom's Clark though. He'd be like, "Cain"?!
And then I've also added

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Thanks! Yes, 20 years in the future would have made a bit more sense. But then, like you say, even that it's 2025, 15 years is still a good long time for Clark to be Superman and yeah, the nice payoff at the end is that Clark can live the normal life he's always wanted. I re-watched the scene on youtube afterwards and a lot of people on the comments noticed the watch he was wearing, had a blue face on it (I didn't notice it nor re-watching again do I see the watch having a blue face, if it is blue it's very faint) but some people have theorised that Clark was wearing blue kryptonite, which means that instead of getting rid of his powers completely and forever aka using gold kryptonite, he's using the temporary measure of blue kryptonite instead. This makes so much more sense to me. It means he can still get his powers back, eventually, depending on how long he's exposed to it whenever the need calls for it. I like to think that he's curious about what Iris, SG Lois and Clark told him about the Crisis and would think of a way to help. Surely, if the Smallville Earth is in as much trouble as all the other earths, he would have to help the cause in some way. Maybe from afar somehow. So, if the year is 2025, how long ago do you think Clark stopped being Superman? I would imagine it would have at least been a year if not more. Some people think it could be as soon as his children were born. Which would then make him Superman for less than 15 years.

So, in final scene in the Smallville finale, where it jumped 7 years in the future, (I'll always wonder why it took Clark and Lois that long to finally get married, I mean, yeah he's busy being Superman and all that but still), and then they would have children a couple of years later, which I'm guessing would mean Clark will have started to think about his future as Superman and whether he should slowly stop being the hero in order to spend quality time with his family. Which definitely means he would have been Superman for less than 15 years.

One thing I actually find amusing now upon re-watching the Crisis scene now is the way Clark got so much satisfaction in that green kryptonite doesn't affect him any more, took the green k piece from Lex and just threw it away like a normal piece of rock. All those years of pain of being exposed so many times to it throughout the years of Smallville, it's kinda a nice call back.

Ah, Ok, I was wondering about that. It does makes sense that Lucifer's appearance on Crisis would be pre-show as at the end of S4 he goes back to hell. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Lucifer's past with this. I still say that there was a missed opportunity reuniting Tom and Tom in a scene together somehow though.

I really do need to read the Smallville S11 comics.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Liv.

What about the idea of this being a different Clark Kent from Earth 167?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That would just make it even more confusing to me. No need to make things over-complicated.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I thought that would make it less complicated.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I guess I can see it being another alternate universe from Smallville, but for me the whole point of that scene was to see where our Clark's journey had led to. Not another alternative version of Clark.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Time will maybe explain a little more.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I guess. I don't think Crisis will have any more explanation on that front though.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Let's See!
Old 01-17-2020, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I still need to watch the third episode with The Flash. I might watch the last two as well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread