Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I know it is. Whenever I start the series re-watch from the beginning again, I will. lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Good.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you know which episode from Season 7 you watched the most?
Old 01-15-2016, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Hmm...I don't think there's any particular episode from S7 I watched the most...probably why I've forgotten some of it.

Action

It's a contradictive episode. I liked references back to Warrior Angel, the comics that Ryan used to read (S1/S2). I liked how Lex still kept some of his collection even though he claims to not believing in Warrior Angel anymore. The subtle hints that ironically the writers needed to heed long ago. In a rare Warrior Angel edition, Devilicus shoots and kills Warrior Angel's girlfriend. In the movie adaptation being filmed in Smallville at the Kent farm, they have Warrior Angel save his girlfriend. The production assistant doesn't like this change because he believes the hero needs to focus on his destiny and not be distracted by his girlfriend, and sets out to kill the actress playing the girlfriend, Rachel Davenport. Clark saves her life whilst filming and lets her stay at the farm till he and Chloe can figure out who is behind it.

Whilst continuing filming later on, the scene where Devilicus is about to shoot the girlfriend, Clark X-Rays the gun and realises the bullets are not blanks. He quickly grabs the bullet without anyone noticing, except the production assistant is watching, in hiding and sees the bullet in Clark's hand. So he then sets out to kill Clark's girlfriend as well, Lana. It's like the writers weren't listening to anything they wrote in this episode for their own show. lol. Though Lana sure listened. Not to mention the very sound advice Lionel gave her when he returns from being captive. By her. Lana had hired someone to keep Lionel captive in some Luthorcorp owned land. So that's what's she's also been up to. She's been a very busy woman. I loved when Lana bonked Lionel on the head with a shovel when he tried to escape though. Lex later found Lionel in the cabin and helped him escape, but the woman hired by Lana, Marilyn, pointed a gun at him. Lionel knocked her out with a bear trap, and gruesomely and disturbingly hit her many times. Ugh. Lex didn't really do much to try and stop him…and so when Lionel confronted Lana at the farm, she tries to deny it was her. Lionel: "you may have lost the Luthor name, but it's the Luthor instinct that keeps those claws of your's sharp. Lana, please listen to me. You are on the edge of a dangerous precipice. You could easily tumble down into someplace very dark... and very hard to escape." Lana: "I hope you don't plan on spreading these lies to Clark." Lionel: "Lies? I don't believe your good intentions. You're not trying to protect Clark. This is about retribution. Let him go, Lana, before it's too late." I did not like that dark path Lana was tumbling down to. Especially when she tried to be the sweet innocent Lana for Clark.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There goes another episode I haven't watched most of.
Like your review of it.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Guessing that you should watch the next episode soon.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh I'm actually well ahead, will get the Lara episode review soon.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Lara

I like how it starts off during the war on Krypton with Kara begging her father, Zor-El, not to send her away. She is very resentful of the three-year journey toward Earth, especially since everything she knows and loves is on Krypton. He gives her a crystal which she must protect. It contains instructions for what she must do when she rescues Kal-El. Zor-El stays behind on Krypton after they bid each other goodbye. Kara suddenly awakes, floating mid air above Washington D.C. An airplane nearly hits her, but she flies out of the way just in time.

When Clark visits Lionel in his office, he welcomes him back in which they hug, rather awkwardly…seriously, even though Lionel is supposed to be Clark's somewhat ally now, seeing them hug like that is super weird. I always think "what would Jonathan say?!"

In Washington D.C., Kara is using her super-hearing to listen for discussion about the crystal. She hears one of the technicians from Carter's lab talking about working in the lab. I always thought that technician was a little young looking to be working in such a high security lab like that. I like how she pretends to flirt with him in order to get information about where her crystal is. Even though he is forbidden to share any information with her, he begins to fall for her and tells her that a crystal was found in the ship and was being studied at the lab. When he turns around for a few seconds, Kara is gone. Kara is walking through the hallways of the lab. She has stolen the technician's wallet, and is using his card to enter secure doorways. When she gets to the room where the crystal was held, she smashes open the chamber and discovers that the crystal is gone.

I like the scene where Chloe goes the Isis Foundation and, to her surprise, is greeted by Lana. Lana says she started the foundation with money from Lex's divorce settlement to help victims and their families fight back. She eventually plans on turning the Isis Foundation into a major operation. Chloe seems impressed, but she senses Lana is bending the truth when Lana asks her not to tell Clark about *this. Lana denies lying about anything, and Chloe agrees to keep the conversation a secret. Lana's excuse for not telling Clark was the biggest lie. Because she'll know he'll worry about her being too close to danger etc. That's so obviously not the reason she's not telling him. It's ironic how the tables have completely turned between Clark and Lana now. Clark is willing to share EVERYTHING about him to her, but she is now the one keeping secrets from him. Ugh.

I loved the flashback scenes with Kara and Lara-El, so beautifully done. At the Kent Farm, Kara is talking to Lara-El. Kara followed Lara to Earth by sneaking through the last remaining portal. Lara says she wants to see where her son may grow up. Kara congratulates her on getting pregnant since she and Jor-El have wanted a child for a while. Lara is worried that Krypton may never see the end of the war despite the chance that Jor-El's Brain InterActive Construct would save them. According to Lara, Jor-El chose the Kents to raise their child when he visited Earth many years ago because he was impressed by their capacity to love. Kara makes a comment about how messy the barn is, but Lara explains that it's not where they live. She decides to show Kara around.

Lara and Kara enter the kitchen of the Kents' house, while the Kents are away. Kara suggests that Lara name her son Kal-El, so he can look at the sky and think of them. That's so beautiful. Lara finds a picture of Martha Kent, and thinks she will make a good mother. Kara takes a photo of Lara, so her son could have a picture of her. Lara hides the picture behind the picture of Martha. That's so poetic.

Back at the Kent farm, Kara and Clark find the picture of Martha with the picture of Lara hidden beneath it, proving that everything they saw really happened. It's so nice for Clark to finally know what his birth mother looks like. Kara comes to terms with the fact that her father was not the godlike hero she thought he was. Clark tells her that she is not defined by her parents, and must now shape her own destiny. She apologizes for being so obsessed with the crystal, putting them both in danger, and saying things she didn't mean. Clark hopes he can see Lara again someday.

I was confused when at the end Clark opens a box inside a trap door in the barn, revealing the blue crystal with Lara's DNA. I'm still confused as to when Clark got the crystal? I kinda wish we got a scene with him taking it...
Old 01-27-2016, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wrath

Lana acquires Clark's powers in a freak accident almost reminiscent of S2's Leech. I freaking HATE this episode. Almost as much as Lana hates Lex. The only scenes I liked were the ones with Chloe, especially the morning after scene, Chloe's line "woah someone's been eating their wheaties" cracks me up every time. I also liked the much needed pep talk Chloe gave Lana after she returned to normal. Everything else, was just, ugh. Lana was already in a very dark place so acquiring Clark's powers turned her into an evil version of Catwoman. Why the half catsuit I don't know. Her obsession with spying on Lex takes a turning point, and she almost kills him. To quote Chloe "willing to kill for the man she loves, what a lucky guy". There's a scene where Lana sees an old photo of herself with her horse, looking back at how sweet and innocent she was back then. The image Clark has had of her for years. I still don't get why Clark is put to blame for what Lana has become. Yes, he pushed her away and told her he didn't love her anymore in S5, but who's decision was it to run to Lex?! Totally hers. She could have just left town for a while or something, not go on the rebound, to Lex, of all people. Even Lex puts Clark to blame for that. Good god, Lex, it wasn't Clark who faked her pregnancy so she'd marry him. It wasn't Clark who drove her to fake her own death to run away from him. This sticky place Clana are in now, just adds to the frustration. Nearly 7 long years of Clana drama, when we should all know by now Lana is not the one for Clark. They still have trust issues for goodness sake. First, Clark couldn't tell Lana his secret, (he couldn't tell anyone, understandably) and now Lana couldn't trust him with her darkest secrets even though she now knows his. It's like the writers are still trying their best to gel them together but at the same time know they won't ever be endgame so have to slowly, very slowly, ease them apart. Not that they did a very good job with that. She later leaves him after awakening from her catatonic state that Brainiac put her in, leaving him a tearful farewell videotape. Which we later realise she was forced to make that tape in S8, where she returns to Smallville with a fresh new lease on life, and then she and Clark kiss and rekindle a little of their romance and then she's forced to absorb Kryptonite in that damn power suit that she chose to wear so she and Clark are literally forced apart. I've said this before and I'll say it again, do you think they would continue their rekindled romance if Lana didn't put on that ridiculous power suit? I also hate how Lana felt she had to be on the same physical strength as Clark in order to be a match with him. Not to mention we know Lana doesn't handle powers all too well. I guess you just have to be in a good place to control them, like she was in S8... But I digress, that's for another review, and I'll probably rant more about that ridiculous storyline. Oh and Brainiac has formed once more.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

You guys are so much better at recalling episodes

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I write the reviews straight after watching them. I write them in text edit on my mac. When I first watched the series, I wrote reviews for every episode on my acer laptop Microsoft Word. I did transfer it to a memory stick but for some reason only saved up till half way through S10. Which sucks 'cause I spent a lot of time on it! Now I'm just rewriting reviews based upon my 4th/5th rewatch.

Blue

Great episode, huge improvement on the last and focuses much more on Clark. Yay. So Clark hears his mother's cries for help from Kara's crystal that holds her DNA. He releases her from the crystal in the fortress, not realising at the time that he's also released the DNA replicant of Zor El too. Just because he wanted to see his mum so badly. It was nice that Clark got to actually meet her, even if she was a DNA replica and not his real mum. I like how Aunt Nell is mentioned so much more to explain Lana's absences these days. Clark takes Lara to the Queen Tower (why he thought she'd be safe from Zor-El there I don't know) just where Lana happens to be. Clark asks Lana to look after Lara (another great idea, Clark, Zor-El's bound to get to Lara there). Though I did like the advice Lara gave Lana, that she should fight that dark path she's heading down. Lara gives Clark Jor-El's victory ring that, unbeknownst to them, is made of blue kryptonite, which has adverse affects on Clark, this time stripping his powers. I do like the similarities to when he put that ring on and the Red K ring he put on in S2's Red. It turns out it was all a trick from Zor-El, he knew that Lara would give Clark the ring and the affect it would have on him. And it was Zor-El's plan all along, setting up the crystal so that Clark would eventually release Lara and give him the ring. To quote Chloe; Hey listen, little advice: until your wedding day, refrain from wearing rings of any kind! LOL I LOVE that foreshadowing OMG. Except he needed warning about wearing wedding rings on his wedding day too. Kara wants to trust her father after he says he wants to make a fresh start on Earth, so almost follows his orders at the fortress when Zor-El arrives with Lara and she realises he hasn't changed. Zor-El makes the Earth's sun go through a total Eclipse, whilst Clark is desperate to get the ring off. I like how, back at the Daily Planet, one man goes "Oh, God. If this is the apocalypse, I'd better get my dogs." It's just the way he says it, cracks me up every time. When Clark eventually gets to the fortress, he stops Zor-El with green K and destroys the Crystal, erasing Lara and Zor-El, Kara unfortunately goes missing (ends up in Detroit with no memory). Meanwhile, we find out that Grant Gabriel, new editor in chief at the Daily Planet and having it off with Lois, is actually Lex's little brother, Julian Luthor. Well, the DNA of him anyway. 'Cause didn't Lex's mother kill baby Julian?
Old 02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There goes another episode I haven't watched much.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I know season 7 is a bit of a poor season, but I am enjoying it far more than season 6, save a few episodes from each season. You should go watch some.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren James (View Post)
You guys are so much better at recalling episodes
It's time to rewatch some of these episodes!

Love reading all the reviews.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread