Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Total Fan

The Professionals: Tom As Captain Vincent Corbo

After Lucifer, Tom Welling has landed his next big role. And, this thread is my 7000th Post!

This is the official news.

Brendan Fraser, Tom Welling & Elena Anaya To Star In TV Remake Of Action Feature ‘Soldiers Of Fortune’ For SVOD Viaplay

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Brendan Fraser is to star in The Professionals, a loose remake of the Christian Slater-fronted action movie Soldiers of Fortune for Scandinavian SVOD service Viaplay.

The Mummy and Trust star is to front The Professionals, based on the Jeff Most-produced film, alongside Smallville’s Tom Welling, Wonder Woman’s Elena Anaya, John Wick 3’s Saïd Taghmaoui, Inglourious Basterds’ Ken Duken, Force Majeure’s Lisa Loven Kongsli and Das Boot’s August Wittgenstein.

The ten-part English-language series, which has just begun filming in South Africa and Ireland, was commissioned by Viaplay with German broadcaster RTL II pre-buying the free-TV rights.

The Professionals is set against a backdrop of international espionage and corporate sabotage in the 21st century’s privately-funded space race and follow Welling as a hardened former counterintelligence officer Captain Vincent Corbo. After their advanced medical satellite explodes on deployment, billionaire futurist Peter Swann, played by Fraser, and his fiancée, medical visionary Dr. Graciela “Grace” Davila, played by Anaya, turn to Corbo. Corbo assembles a team of experienced professionals to investigate the incident. They learn that any combination of Swann’s business rivals, corrupt governments officials, and a shadowy crime syndicate could be behind the attack and represent a continued threat. Duken plays a Europol agent seeking to thwart the security team’s efforts.
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/05/brendan...ls-1202624833/

Quote:
Welling and Taghmaoui are both represented by David Unger at Artist International...
I will start the discussion by saying I don't understand why Tom Welling keeps switching agencies from "Creative Artists Agency" to "William Morris Endeavor" to now "Artist International".

Is Tom Welling really going to be an Executive Producer for this show?

Quote:
Jennifer Berman exec produce alongside Herbert L. Kloiber, Thomas Augsberger, Cosima von Spreti, Daniel Wagner, Maxim Korostyshevsky, Bharat Nalluri, Fredrik Ljungberg, Brendan Fraser, Tom Welling and Elena Anaya.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Thanks for making this thread, Fatima! And thanks for bringing the info over. Yes, that does seem curious. Unless the source got it wrong with him being under that agency? Or perhaps he's now switched to this agency 'cause it's better for him? Hmm, hopefully we might get to know more!

It'd be awesome if he was a executive producer for the show, but I think the along with meant the actors on the show. It'd seem that'd be way too many execs alongside Jennifer Berman.
London Film & Comic Con 2019 ~ meeting Lana Parrilla, Tom Ellis & others!
Liv
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:47 AM
Total Fan

^ I hope Tom will explain some day soon.

What is so special about Jennifer Berman?
Old 07-05-2019, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

I hope so too.

Well, according to that quote, Jennifer Berman is the executive producer of the show? I've not heard of her though.
Liv
Old 07-06-2019, 01:04 AM
Total Fan

^ Oh, okay. I look ahead to more details!
Old 07-10-2019, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Me too! Hopefully I'll get some when I go to Brendan Fraser's talk in London!
Liv
Old 07-11-2019, 01:24 AM
Total Fan

^ That would be great! Thanks, Liv! Tell Brendan "Hi" from me too! I have seen almost all his films!
Old 07-12-2019, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

I don't know if I'll be getting his auto, will see. As that would be the only way to talk to him unless I ask a question at the talk and I don't think I really have one. I could get my The Mummy DVD set signed...those films and Inkheart are the only Fraser films I've seen (except for a little of Journey to the Centre of the Earth).
Liv
Old 07-13-2019, 01:12 AM
Total Fan

^ You could think about it. What about "George Of The Jungle"!?!?
Old 07-13-2019, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

I actually did have that film on VHS but I never watched it.
Liv
Old 07-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Total Fan

^ You should watch it! It's Great! My childhood absolute favorite! Before Tom, I watched it practically daily!

Also, try to check out other Brendan films:

Mrs. Winterbourne

School Ties

With Honors

Blast From The Past
Old 07-17-2019, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

Ok, I might just do that, though not sure if I'll have the time to watch all before the con. But I will certainly make the effort to check then out!
Liv
Old Today, 01:27 AM
Total Fan

^ That would be great! They are great films, really emotional, series but funny at times, and interesting stories to be shared.
Reply   Post New Thread