Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Persuasion [9.14]: Smallville Episode Discussion Thread

Persuasion
February 19th, 8/7c

It's Valentine's Day and while Clark (Tom Welling) is out on a date with Lois (Erica Durance), he unknowingly becomes infected by gemstone kryptonite, which has magical wish-fulfilling properties. Clark mentions to Lois that he wishes they had a more traditional relationship,so Lois quits the Daily Planet, moves in with Clark and starts planning their wedding.

Still unaware of his new power, Clark also casually tells Chloe (Allison Mack) he wishes she would spend more time watching out for him, so an infected Chloe takes his wish to heart and sets her sights on a new target - Lois.

Christopher Petry directed the episode written by Anne Cofell Saunders.

Shows - Smallville - Episode Guide - Persuasion

Discuss!

icon: Spike it up
Old 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM
New Fan

I looooved this episode. Since it was about V-Day, I'll talk about the love! Lois as a modern day June Cleaver? Priceless! Clark's reaction? No words!! I loved it. She was hysterical. Especially her very non-Lois like breakdown when she was about to, or rather did, break-up with Clark. OMG did we see his face and how devastated he got?? I was so happy to see his tender little heart nearly break at the thought of Lois leaving him(obvious Clois fan here). I know it sounds wrong, lol but I love how much he's come to care for her that he nearly went crazy at the thought of losing her.

I love the fact that Lois is softening up in general, where Clark is concerned. At first I was a bit concerned how their whole relationship was going to play out with Lois's tough exterior. Was she always going to be so prickly? At first yeah, it was still there, being the relationship is so new but I think finally, now we see a softer side of Lois. I like it. I can't wait for more Clois ep's

OH! Loved him all RAWR when he was about to kick Tess's ass! Whew *shivers*...That ring of fire thing...Call me Johnny Cash baby!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Best episode of 2010.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode. I think Anne Cofell Saunders did an excellent job of balancing comedy, romance, drama, and action in her second episode and it was a solid follow up to Idol. This episode also marked the introduction of a new director, Christopher Petry, and his work is just superb. The entire cast brought their A game with this ep and like I said I really enjoyed it. The fairy dust that they use to propell the story along in this ep serves as a great catalyst to get the characters to resolve their issues and get things off of their chests that they would normally keep hidden. I think that Clark’s power of persuasion, thanks to the fairy dust, didn’t actually alter anyone’s personality, instead I think it brought out a part of them that they’d normally bury and exagerrated it to the nth degree. Here's my review:

Emil: I love that we get a chance to see a totally different side of Emil. He’s running around like a chicken with its head cut off at first, but then Clark tells him to calm down and man what a transformation. He takes off his tie and his coat and grabs a beer and plops himself down onto the couch. Then he tells Clark not to inhale and to chill and talks about people being susceptible to persuasion, not realizing that he fell victim to Clark’s power of persuasion. I love this guy. Can we keep him?

Chloe: Clark’s rather abrupt with her when he enters the Watchtower and she asks about his date with Lois, but I get the feeling that he’s mostly keeping his relationship with Lois to himself. This isn’t like when he was with Lana and he’d tell Chloe the most intimate details about their love life...or lack thereof. Chloe is strongly against Clark’s plan of integrating the Kandorians into society and voices her displeasure to Clark. She tells him that he should send them to the PZ and I think that’s kind of hypocritical given that the Kandorians are innocent and haven’t harmed anyone yet (and the one that did got his head chopped off by Zod), whereas she knew that Davis was killing people last year and she stopped Clark from putting him in the PZ. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this, unless we’re to believe that Chloe learned her lesson from last year so that’s why she’s doing this? Clark wants Chloe to watch his back and she gets hypnotized.

Chloe then goes to the farmhouse and sees Lois scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush and flips out when she hears that Lois has moved in. She tries to get Lois to move out, tells Lois she’ll always be second string to Clark, scolds her for telling everyone that she was talking to the Blur, and throws Lois’ commitment/abandonment issues in her face. Now, like I said, I know that Chloe’s under the influence of hypnosis or whatever you want to call it, but I think that a part of her genuinely meant what she said, since she hasn’t been that gung ho about Lois and Clark’s relationship as a whole this season. This shows me that Chloe really doesn’t understand Clark’s relationship with Lois, since she sees it as a hindrance to his hero side when Clark’s been keeping up with his hero duties the whole time he’s been with Lois, and as he said in Pandora, he feels stronger when she’s around. I think it’s also interesting to note that this is the third time this season that a scene with Chloe has ended (or started) with Chloe looking down on one of the other characters. She did it in Metallo when she scolded Clark, she did it in Pandora when she told Ollie she killed Tess, and now she does it in Persuasion after she fights with Lois over the picture and it breaks in the struggle. It’s nice that she apologized profusely for it afterwards, but from what I’ve seen of Chloe this season, I could see her saying those things to Lois in a regular arguement without the effect of hypnosis.

Chloe then goes to the DP and realizes that Tess piggybacked her computers, which should tell Chloe that maybe her Big Brother act isn’t a very good idea after all. She exchanges barbs with Tess then Tess suggests they work together and Chloe pretends to think about it before she pulls a gun on Tess. Tess kicks the crap out of Chloe and she would have killed her if Clark didn’t swoosh in at that exact moment. The camera work in this scene is marvelous by the way, I love how it looks like Tess’ fist is actually coming for the audience. Later, we see Chloe on the roof with k-nite to snap Clark out of it, which begs the question....does Chloe just walk around with k-nite on her all the time? If so that’s kind of disturbing. She later talks to Clark about saving him from himself, but doesn’t seem to take into account that she’s actually putting Clark in danger with all the surveillance she’s been running.

Tess: First of all, the woman really needs to work on her security. Zod got to her while she was naked and vulnerable in the bathtub! Naked. In the bathtub. Come on! Does Zod have another inside guy in there or something? Tess tries to call security, but Zod lets her know it’s a waste of time, so she makes a move to get out of the tub, but tells her he likes her where she is and she suggests that he join her while she casually settles back into her bubble bath. Zod touches her knee and speaks in metaphors about Tess already being in bed with someone else; Kal-El. Tess supports Clark and Zod knows this. Tess is slowing down the speed at which the satellite systems are being put up and is all coy about it and says she’s the only one who can run the safety tests, but Zod’s all, “Well I have your fingerprints now. So how do you like those apples ?” Tess says Zod’s digging his own grave and he mentions that she forgot to tell him that Clark’s been supplying the Kandorians with new identities. Tess boldly gets out of the tub and Zod takes a moment to admire the view before they continue with their banter and Tess tells him that Clark will be their leader. Tess lets him know that she has no qualms about getting rid of him if necessary and I think that’s kind of stupid move on her part. She knows Zod is a dangerous guy and she’s telling him when she’s virtually defenceless, “Hey buddy, I know you’re Major Hot Zod and all and you think you’re in charge of the Kandorians but you’re actually not and I’ll kill you if I have to. Now you could probably snap me in half with your pinky once you get your powers, but hey Clark and the other Kandorians will protect me, so naner naner. Now how do you like those apples?” Tess reaches for her champagne glass, but Zod holds it away from her and lets her know that when he gets his powers she’s toast.

In her next scene at the DP, she sees Chloe snooping through her computer and is like, “Oh, hello. Hack all you want but you’ll never get in and if you unleash that virus Clark’s going to be vulnerable to a whole slew of crap, so I’d rethink that if I were you.” Tess tries to convince Chloe to work with her, but Chloe pulls a gun on her, which Tess easily kicks out of her hand then proceeds to teach Chloe a lesson that you should never mess with Tess. It’s some fight too, they really go at it and she tosses Chloe onto tables (of course) and bests her, then she’s about to use Chloe’s own gun on her when Clark sweeps her away and tosses her onto the roof of the DP (I think). Tess is terrified, b/c this is a Clark she hasn’t encountered before. This Clark is scary. He surrounds her in a ring of fire and talks about vengeance for what she did to his dad. She pleads her innocence, and Cassidy does a great job at selling Tess’ terror in this scene, she even has tears in her eyes. But really on what planet did Clark confide in Tess? Poor woman is still crazy pants. Apparently she didn’t realize that Clark gets his powers from the yellow sun, which is a pretty fatal flaw in her plan to give the Kandorians powers and have Clark lead them. Clark snaps out of it when Chloe brings out the k-nite and I wonder if Tess still thinks that it’s a good idea to have Clark in charge.

Zod: Is it just me or is this guy teary eyed in every episode? I love the guy, but I’m just saying . I already went over Zod and Tess’ tête-*-tête, so I’ll skip over that, except I have to say that again these two have fantastic chemistry. I think they should just jump each other already and work out all the UST.

In his first scene with Clark, Clark accuses him of killing Jor-El. Zod vehemently denies this accusation and says that Jor-El was like a brother to him. He’s never take his life. Clark persuades Zod to tell him the truth about Jor-El and for some reason Zod believes that Tess killed him. Hmm actually thinking about it now, a large part of Zod telling Clark that Tess killed Jor-El probably has to do with Tess’ complete lack of discretion and subtlety in their earlier scene when she basically told Zod that she’d kill him if she had to. Zod is all about the “Kryptonian way” and says that Clark has to seek justice for his father by killing Tess, but Clark refuses to do that. Zod taunts Clark about how he tortured Jor-El and beat him black and blue and how Jor-El protected Clark with his life until Clark snaps and grabs him by the collar and manages to persuade himself into getting revenge. I’m sure Zod’s pleased with a job well done.

Then, surprise, surprise, we find out that Alia actually killed Jor-El! Okay I was not expecting that. I kind of thought she was going to shoot Zod when she brought out the gun, but she actually brought it out so that Zod would kill her and get justice for Jor-El. Callum is excellent in this scene. You can tell that he really doesn’t want to kill her, but he has his convictions and beliefs, so he feels he has no other choice but to kill her, because it’s the “Kryptonian way”. He was probably wishing in that moment that she hadn’t told him the truth.

We then have Alia’s funeral and this scene is just beautiful. The music, the lighting, the camera work, everything is just perfect. It’s interesting to see this Kryptonian custom and what they do at funerals in comparison to what we normally do at funerals. Setting Alia’s body on fire as opposed to burying her, really does stress that the Kryptonians are a much more traditional society than humans are and that they’re very set in their ways. Zod officiates the funeral ceremony and Clark confronts him about her death after it’s over. He tells Clark that he killed her to seek justice for him and he’s not happy about it at all. Clark lets him know that killing someone is not his idea of justice. Zod tells him he has to decide whether or not he’s one of them and Clark makes his decision when he burns down the solar towers and stops the Kandorians from getting their powers. Zod looks absolutely devastated when he sees the towers burning above him. His dream literally went up in flames. That was an excellent reaction shot on Callum’s part.

Clark: It’s nice to have a truly Clark centric episode for a change and I love how many different sides of Clark we get to see in this ep. There’s the strong and decisive side with Chloe, the charming and romantic side with Lois, the smart and intuitive side with the candy girl, and the dark and terrifying side with Tess and Zod. This ep does a great job of showing how much Lois means to Clark and just how unique their relationship is. I’m not going to get too much into the Clois element yet, but there are a few things I’d like to comment on.

I love it when TW gets the chance to play comedy and he has some really great comedic moments in this episode, like when he tries to give Shelby the burnt pot roast, and when he scrambles to get out of the farm and find out what the hell happened to Lois. I also like when he finds Lois in tears in the loft and has no idea what to do, so he suggests getting her some water. Yeah, because that’ll really help, Clark. Clark is very clear about his feelings for Lois in this episode and that he wants to be more like a traditional couple with regards to going out on dates and engaging in the occasional PDA, particularly on Valetine’s day, instead of investigating and having Lois use him as a footstool. We also get to see that the very thought of Lois leaving him paralyzes him with fear and TW played Clark’s horror and desperation when Lois says she has to leave Smallville so well. He looks completely shell shocked and like someone just took the wind out of his sails, then he pleads with her to think about it and rushes to stop her as she’s walking away. I love the little moment of realization on Clark’s face when he says, “I do”. He looks down for a moment then looks back and you can see that he knows he really did mean what he said to Lois and he knows he’s in this relationship with her for good. I also love the look on his face when he’s hugging Lois and she says she can move her stuff out of the guest room. He thought he averted the crisis at hand, only to bring up a new one. In his last scene with Lois, I love how he’s talking to Martha in front of her and how he reassures Lois that she’s the most trustworthy person he knows and tells her she can’t get rid of him that easily.

Another scene I really liked with Clark, was when he was investigating what happened to Lois and he retraced their steps which lead him back to the candy girl. Is it just me or does she kind of look like Serinda Swan? Anyways, I love it that Clark realizes right away that Lois is clearly not herself and that he finds out what happened by himself, instead of seeking out Chloe’s help right away like he did in Crimson. It’s nice to see Clark using his brains and thinking for himself.

Other great moments with Clark include his scene with Chloe when he’s standing by his convictions and going through with the idea of integrating the Kandorians into society. It’s very Superman of him to believe the best in people and his gesture does seem to strike a chord with Alia and Faora (we finally got to hear her name!). They tell him they misjudged him and thank him for giving them the chance to start over. Clark wants to know who killed his father and as we can see later on, Alia is wracked with guilt, so much so that she confesses her crime to Zod, so that there will be justice for Jor-El. After a hilarious scene with Emil, when Clark tells him to relax and Emil decides to strip and have a beer, Emil convinces Clark to use his newfound ability for himself. Clark decides to use it on Zod to find out who killed his dad. And I have to say that angry!Clark is hot, particularly when he’s yelling at Zod and grabs him by the collar. Rawr. It’s nice to get some insight into Clark’s inner struggle against good and evil and to see how difficult it is for him at times to not just take justice into his own hands when it would be so easy for him to do so. Clark has the powers of a god, but his choice to use them for good and his internal turmoil make him human and someone we can sympathize with and root for. As mentioned earlier, Clark is absolutely terrifying in his scene with Tess. Note to self, never make CK angry. Fortunately the k-nite snaps him out of it before he can do something he’ll later regret.

Later on at the funeral, Clark discovers that Zod killed Alia, and he blames Clark for it. Clark realizes that he has to make a choice and that he and Zod will never see eye to eye. In a really beautiful shot at the end of the ep, Clark makes his choice when he sets the towers on fire. I was not expecting that to happen either, but that’s one way of solving the Kandorian problem. I wonder how this is going to affect his relationship with the other Kandorians and Zod, since there’s no doubt in my mind that Zod knows Clark burnt down the towers.

Lois: Once again, Anne Cofell Saunders shows us that she really gets the inner psyche of Lois Lane and what makes her tick, by giving Erica some amazing materials to work with. I love that this episode starts off with showing us Lois’ reporter side before she goes all stepford on Clark. It’s so Lois to want to work on a romantic holiday instead of actually celebrating it and I wouldn’t be surprised if she roped Clark into investigating with her with Clark under the pretense that they’d actually go out for dinner, while Lois just having her mind on the story. Lois has some snappy lines in this teaser, like “Nice teddy. Next time get her a silk one, she’s not six years old.” And her whole rant about Valentine’s day in front of a bunch of couples doing just what she complained about in her rant. Oh Lois, open mouth insert foot. I like how she tries to save herself after by telling the couple she wasn’t talking about them. Lois is determined to write the story tonight, in spite of Clark’s pleas to put their relationship first for the night. However, after she’s been hypnotized by Clark, she decides to give him a traditional fifties type of relationship and quits her job at the DP...which isn’t what Clark had in mind AT ALL.

The next time we see Lois, she’s all dolled up in 50s gear with a poufy blue dress, an apron, pearls, and a fab updo. Again, I’m really glad her hair’s delightfully dark now, because I don’t think she’d look as good in this get up with the blonde hair she had in previous seasons. Lois pulls a pie out of the oven, which actually looks edible compared to her pie in Rage, calls Clark “sweetie pie” and welcomes him home. When they sit down to dinner Lois tries carves the burnt up pot roast and is all kinds of adorable and so giddy to be at home with her man. She tells Clark she quit her job, and Clark’s reaction is this: . Lois Lane and the Daily Planet go hand in hand so it’s unfathomable for him (and us) to think of Lois not working there. Lois sits on his laps and goes off on a tangent while Clark tries to talk some sense into her. He leaves the farmhouse, hopefully to try and get Lois’ job back along with finding out what the hell happened to her, while she stares dreamily after him.

Lois being all domestic, then decides to scrub the floor. With a toothbrush. I wonder how long it took her to do that. Chloe barges into the farmhouse and destroys Lois’ dreams of happily ever after and my heart breaks for her, when Chloe throws Lois’ abandonment issues in her face and tells Lois that she always runs at the first sign of trouble and that if she really loves Clark, she’d leave him now. Lois tries to pick up the broken pieces of the picture of her and Clark and looks completely devastated by Chloe’s harsh words. It’s okay, Lo, Clark really does love you.

In her next scene, Lois is sobbing her eyes out in the loft and clutching Clark’s game jersey to her chest. I love how this scene is shot in front of the mirror at first, because it’s gives us the opportunity to see both Lois and Clark’s reactions at the same time and it just a really beautiful visual. I don’t think we’ve ever seen Lois this vulnerable or broken-hearted before. Usually when Lois cries, she tries to hold back and only a tear or two will slide out of her eyes, but now she’s completely broken, because she thinks she’s not good for the love of her life and that she has to leave him. On a side note, I love it that her makeup is all smudged, because that makes this scene much more realistic...and I’m also jealous that she still looks beautiful even with her makeup smudged . She confesses to Clark that she doesn’t know the first thing about family time and home cooked dinners and my heart aches for the little girl who got dragged around like a spare piece of luggage and was forced to become a mother at the age of 6. She never had a home until she came to Smallville and lived with the Kents, so it’s understandable that leaving Smallville would be incredibly difficult for her to do. Lois doesn’t beg for reassurances from Clark, but Clark gives them to her, because he knows that’s what she needs. After Clark promises her that they’ll be together always and forever, the next scene with Lois in the wedding dress makes a lot more sense. I can see how Lois in her mind whammied state would consider that to be a proposal.

Next we have the hilarious montage of Lois in the wedding dress, and I think Christopher Petry did an excellent job here at starting the scene with Lois looking at herself in the mirror. Prior to this scene, Lois was sobbing in front of one, so it’s nice that now she’s radiant and beaming in front of one. It’s also nice that we don’t see Lois in the wedding dress right away, so that it comes as a bit of a surprise when she says that she’s wearing it right now and the camera pans out to show Lois in the wedding dress when she twirls around in it. Anyways, it’s nice to see that Lois is in touch with Mrs. K and that Mrs. K wholeheartedly approves of her relationship with Clark. It’s also great that ACS wrote Lois telling Mrs. K, Lucy and the General into this episode, because it reminds us that she does have family and people she can share her good news with. Since the last time Lucy came to SV was 6 years ago, I’m going to assume that she repaired her relationship with Lucy and the General in OSV during that time. I love how excited Lucy is when she hears about the “wedding” and then the shot of the adorable picture of Lois and Clark when she calls the General. Also, Lois dancing around in that wedding dress is made of pure win. It’s something that any bride to be would do, and I could see Lois actually doing that (to a lesser degree) when Clark proposes for real. This dancing sequence has got to be one of the funniest things ED has ever done in the course of her 6 years on the show, and I would kill to get bloopers of this scene.

In her last scene with Clark, Lois calls herself ‘Donna Reed on crack’, and apologizes for her behaviour. She really is worried about whether or not Clark can trust her and very concerned about what the Blur thought when she told everyone that she’d been talking with the Blur. This scene also makes me think that Lois does know something, and she’s trying to figure out why Clark hasn’t told her the truth yet. Maybe she thinks it’s because of what happened at the press conference. Anyways, I truly enjoyed this episode for Lois and it was nice to see that the Stepford!Lois thing wasn’t solely played for laughs. I like that it gave us some more insight into Lois’ character and gave Erica both comedic and dramatic material to work with. Oh I`d also kill for commentary on this episode btw.

Clois: This is the Clois I was missing last week. I`m so glad that ACS put them back on the right track. Clark clearly was not holding Lois at arm`s length in this episode. If anything he was doing everything he could to get closer to her. Let`s start with the first scene. We open with Lois standing on Clark`s shoulders and team Lane and Kent doing some old fashioned investigating. Lois loses her balances and Clark catches her, he swallows and they have some eye sex then he sets her down and she walks off. Clark rushes after her and puts his hand on her back trying to get her into the Valentine`s day spirit and away from the story about Zod`s solar towers. Lois wonders what his true motives are and brushes something off of his jacket but he says he just wants to go out to dinner with her. He keeps trying to convince her to put their relationship ahead of their work for one night, while Lois scoffs at him being too traditional. Clark puts himself out there a little bit when he grabs her and asks her what`s wrong with that and lets her know that he wants them to have a traditional relationship. Because Clark`s been dusted with pixie dust, Lois gets hypnotized by him and becomes the traditional 50s housewife. When one of their editors comes in and tells them they need the info on the towers because it`s going to be completed in two days, Clark has to dash off and Lois holds his hand and tells him, ‘Anything for your career, sweetie,’ before he leaves. I think this was an unscripted move on Durance’s part since the camera doesn’t focus on their hands and I didn`t notice it until after watching the scene multiple times . After Clark leaves, Lois quits her job so that she can move in with Clark and take care of her man.

At the farmhouse, Lois is busily preparing dinner and Clark goes home to see Lois dressed up like a Stepford Wife, but still looking gorgeous, and finds out that she`s moved into the guest bedroom until they get engaged. I like that Clark kind of checks Lois out and doesn`t complete freak out on her when she talks about them getting engaged. In the dinner scene, Lois has cooked quite a spread...I wonder how much of it was actually edible. Clark, knowing the way Lois cooks, tries to give Shelby the pot roast, but Shelbs won`t even eat it. Clark asks her if something happened to her and says, ‘What if I miss the old Lois?’, but Lois is all, ‘It’s too late.’ I love that Clark mentions that he misses the old Lois. He really does love her for who she is and vice versa. Lois tells Clark that she quit her job at the DP and Clark`s understandably shocked. Lois touches his right hand then moves to sit on his lap and brings their noses together in an Eskimo kiss, while Clark’s still trying to process everything she just said. I love how he grins at her though and they have this conversation while she`s sitting in his lap. It certainly makes up for a horrid image from last week, especially since Clark seems pretty at ease with having her in his lap and slightly disappointed when she gets up. Clark tries to reason with Lois and tell her she loves her job and that it’s her life, but she says her life is with him and visions of taffeta and roses dance in her head while she hears the strains of the wedding march play there as well. Clark`s all, ‘Lois, what are you talking about?’, so she gets up and mentions their vows. Clark decides that he`s had enough and he wants the real Lois back, so he gets out of there before Lois can finish talking.

In the next Clois scene, Lois is sobbing in the loft and clutching Clark`s game jersey to her chest like it`s a lifeline. Clark is out of his element here, he doesn`t know how to deal with crying women, particularly a crying Lois...since he rarely sees her cry. He tries to make things better and suggests they get her some water, but that`s not cutting it. Lois mistakenly believes Chloe and thinks that she`s not good for him and that Chloe was right to protect Clark from her. Chloe said earlier that if Lois truly loved Clark she`d leave him now and we see that she really does love him, because she almost does leave Smallville...and she does this on her own without having had someone kidnap her or being poisoned with Kryptonite. She recognizes her flaws and expresses her fears to Clark. Clark says that Chloe is overprotective and is happy that Lois is confiding in him, but he`d rather have Lois tell him the truth when she`s in her right mind. Lois tells him she has to leave him and Clark is stunned into silence. He can`t wrap his head around this and stutters to reassure her and convince her to sleep on it. He can`t stand the thought of her leaving. Lois says she hoped to pull off ‘the whole making a home thing’ and Clark says, ‘Lois, stop. You are home.’ I really love this line because it works on two levels. It means that Lois is Clark’s home, as he said in Odyssey when he said, ‘I’m going to be a little closer to home’ and also that Lois’ home is with Clark. Lois says, ‘No, a home is for real. For always and forever. Goodbye, Smallville.’ I also love ACS’ word choice here, when she has Lois say, ‘Goodbye, Smallville,’ since this encompasses Lois leaving the town called Smallville and the man she loves and calls Smallville. Clark is desperate to reassure her and stop her from leaving, so he says, ‘I promise we’ll be together always and-‘. Lois finishes for him, ‘-forever?’ Lois asks him if he means it and he realizes that he does. He’s in it for the long haul with Lois. After Clark says he does mean it, Lois rushes into his arms and they kiss and it`s raw and passionate and shows just how much they care for each other. They break apart and Lois rests her head on Clark`s shoulder, while he holds her in his embrace. Now Lois thinks they`re engaged and she can move her stuff into Clark`s room and Clark has a new problem on his hands.

Now to further analyze this scene, there are several episodes that it reminds me of. In Crimson, Lois asked Clark for reassurance that he really did like her as more than a friend, and since he was on red-k he was only concerned with getting some, so he insincerely said, ‘This couldn’t be more real.’ It’s interesting that they used the word ‘real’ in the context of their relationship again and this time Clark wholeheartedly meant what he said. In Infamous, Lois also could have used some reassurance from Clark that went a bit deeper than, ‘It’s because you are special’...Clark couldn’t seem to find the words to let Lois know how he felt then, but in this scene he does. He says the perfect thing to get her to understand and to get her to stay. In Wrath after Lana was back in her right mind, she pleaded with Clark to reassure her that he’d always love her, but he couldn’t say what she needed to hear, whereas in Persuasion, Lois didn’t ask Clark for any reassurance, but he told her what she needed to hear anyways. In Requiem, Lana was poisoned with kryptonite and thought she had to leave Smallville, while Clark begged her to stay and find a cure but nothing he could say would change her mind and he was left kneeling on the floor after she left him for the last time. In Persuasion, Lois has been infected with some kind of meteor rock and she’s about to leave, but Clark convinces her to stay, then they kiss and hug each other, standing content in each other’s embrace. This cannot be accidental on the part of TPTB and the writers. I’m loving all the parallels . Another thing about this scene, since Lois was doped up on some kind of hypnosis, Clark could have let her leave trusting that she’d come back after he found a cure, instead of doing this, Clark put himself on the line by telling her that they’d always be together and he refused to stand idly by and let her leave. I think he also put himself on the line here, because he didn’t know whether or not Lois would remember what happened and if she did it could go either way for him. She could be extremely touched that he promised her forever with him, or she could be kind of freaked out and want to slow down things even more.

Finally, we’ve come to the last Clois scene. I love how domestic this scene is and how it gives us a glimpse into their future with Clark talking to Martha on the phone with Lois in the room eating breakfast. I love it that Martha approves of their relationship and that she lets Lois know she can borrow her wedding dress when she`s ready. This shows me that Martha knows that Lois is the one putting the brakes on their relationship. Lois denies knowing what Martha’s talking about and moves away from Clark, only to hear that the General called. She takes the phone away from Clark and says she needs to make a few calls and that she`ll never eat candy from a fairy again. Clark says, ‘That’s too bad. I kind of liked your outfit.’ Hee, so he does like it when she dresses up in costume! Lois comments on Clark being an old-fashioned romantic and he beams at her. She talks about needing to trust that what they have is something more and Clark couldn`t be happier about that. The phone interrupts them and Clark looks slightly annoyed at this. They talk about Lois moving in and she tries to fob the blame for that and the proposal onto Clark and he tries to say that it wasn`t his idea at first, but she gives him a pleading look to play along, since she’s already embarrassed enough as it is and he does so for her sake. They agree to continue to take things slow and Clark moves towards Lois and gets in her space. Lois asks him if he`d trust her with his big secrets and Clark tells her she`s the most trustworthy person he knows. Lois tells him she didn`t mean to tell the world that she was talking to the Blur and he lets her know that the Blur doesn`t mind. She confesses that she`s afraid that her ‘big mouth’ will wreck their relationship one day and he places his hands on her shoulders and assures her that she can’t get rid of her that easily and pulls her into a hug. I’d still like to hear from Clark why he hasn’t told her yet, but other than that the Clois scenes is this ep were perfect. Thank you for an awesome episode ACS and for great directing your first time out Christopher Petry.

So as you can see, I really enjoyed this episode and thought it was a perfect balance of comedy, romance, drama and action. I hope ACS sticks around because I`d like to see what else she can do. Next week: Kandorians are being kidnapped!
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just realised I forgot to drop my review off for this episode.

review: word count 5250.

After the rather sad disappointment of Warrior, I was so looking forward to this episode and I'm glad to say they did not disappoint. At all. Not one little bit.

How hilarious was the opener? Lois standing on Clark's shoulders. Also, it says a lot about how much Lois trusts Clark with her life. I wouldn't let anyone lift me like that because you could fall and easily injure yourself but not our Lois, she has total faith in Clark and knows he won't let her fall, or let any harm come to her. Well, until she slips but that's more her fault than his. And when she slips, he catches her, great reflexes Clark. A BTS shot of this being made would have been swell, but why give us something we actually want? huh!

I had to keep rewatching the moment she slips and he catches here, well about 10 times. I love the way they look at one another, Clark sort of gulps and she doesn't seem to stay in his arms too long (why not Lois!!) as though staying in his big strong arms is a bad thing, as though staying in his big strong arms will lead to bad thing. Have you seen him Lois, nothing bad could come of staying in those big strong arms. Trust me!

Lois quickly turns the moment back to work, a little too quickly for my liking! And after she says "they're definitely hiding something" I love the way Clark looks at her.

There are a couple of things I picked up on during rewatching the episode and one of them was after Clark says something about her not working on the story, she comments that maybe he wants the story for himself which was a call back to Echo. Also, I love that she sort of fixed his collar and my only criticism of Christopher Petry is he should have made the couple walking in front of the camera not block part of that, or maybe that's more to do with editing if he tried to make sure that we got an unobstructed view of that. It made me think of Lois fixing Clark's collar in Plastique.

"Is there something about that tower that you're not telling me?"

If only you knew Lois, sun turns red, aliens, superpowers, flying, head chopped off. No Blur. No not really.

When Clark responds "no", I'm not convinced and I don't think Lois looks too convinced either but Clark manages to deflect that by bringing up V-day. I love Lois' rant about V-day and how she tells that couple "not you two" They believe you! Honest! Lois mentioned V-day ending in disaster when she embraces it and all I can recall is Crimson, was there another V-day with Lois? Actually I don't recall seeing another V-day at all.

Okay, this must be a record, 2 whole minutes into the episode before my Tom gushfest starts? Something is wrong with me! That little smile on Tom's face after Lois said "I didn't have dinner", so subtle and yet enough to totally floor me.

I find it funny that the fairy chick is blowing her meteor rock infested fairy dust at Lois when she's eating. I mean, come on that's not hygienic at all. Didn't she learn anything in fairy school? I totally love the way Erica played that moment. I quite like the sparklieness of this meteor rock though. It's so pretty and now that I've typed "sparklieness" I have Robin Sparkles in my head and now I’m singing "Sandcastles in the Sand". Clark help me! Oh, pretty blue eyes thingy. Clark feels a little strange, or noticed something strange.

I love that when they get into the DP Clark's first thoughts are "oh well, too late for the story" but I love Lois' comeback the most "It's never too late for nachos." Now I want some.

"Maybe we should put our relationship before our work, just for tonight".

Cause let's face it, if ya can't do that on V-day when can you?

Lois sort of scoffs at the idea of something traditional and I wonder if it's because she's never really seen traditional, or she has a certain image of what she thinks is traditional and it's not her. But she and Clark could make their own traditions.

Who knew being manhandled could be so sexy? Seriously, Tom, why are you so sexy, what the heck are you doing to us? Can I clone you? There just seems to be a certain intensity to the Clois scenes and well, discounting most of last week, the more I see of what Tom's selling of Clark, the more I'll buy and the more I'll pay. I need that lottery win soon cuz this could cost a lot. I like hearing about the crossed text messages, makes me feel like I haven't missed so much, since Clois can't seem to go on a date in OSV.

When Clark says, "I want us to have a more traditional relationship", well, I had to rewatch that scene I have no idea how many times. The first bunch of times (btw, I originally wrote toms instead of times, guess where my heads at) I couldn't stop looking at his eyes, so pretty and then his lips the times after that. I'd say maybe if we put a bag over his head I'd be able to do this in one 42 minute viewing but well, I'd quite happily pay to listen to Tom read the phonebook so if the volume's in mute what's left to talk about?

Ohhhh, sparkly, blue eyed Lois. What have you done Clark, huh? I hope Lois is okay.

The way Erica smiles and changed her characterisation in that scene, she looked at Clark differently and her "anything for your career sweetie", all done perfectly. Also, Clark says “V-day thing thing, right" was the second thing intentional and scripted I wonder or was it something that was fluffed and then kept.

"I quit" - said with such conviction I wonder how/who she went to for her job back. Ollie or Tess?

Somebody save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I would normally fast forward through the credits but well, I miss Ollie. Shirtless Ollie and I feel I haven't seen the credits in ages. JH looks so sexy taking off that motorcycle helmet. Is it sad that this, episode 13 (technically 14) is the first time I've noticed the credits have two shirtless Ollie's?

Chloe has roses, are they meant to be from Ollie? I love the top Chloe is wearing and it's sort of funny that Clark's not wanting small talk or really any talk other than business with Chloe. She asks about Lois and he gives nothing away, at all. Chloe's in favour of sending the Kandorians to the Phantom Zone, now forgive me if I'm wrong, but in S8 wasn't she pretty much against Davis being sent there? Funny how opinions change when you don't have feelings for the people that you think should be banished!

Oh, sparkly eyed Chloe, never saw that one coming.

oh, oh, never noticed that before. Clark called Faora, Faora. I never heard that last time. Alia looks totally different to what she looked like in Savior and Pandora. I was about to say she doesn’t have scary eyes anymore but she does. I'm still not sure what to make of Faora. She conveys to Clark she's thankful for his help and she sounds sincere when she does it, but on the first viewing I thought maybe she was playing Clark and going to feed info to Zod about what Clark was doing, plus the last scene in Disciple just before we see the revel about the towers she's very much into Zod's plan, so I'm not sure what to think. Plus the fact I know she was Zod's wife, but that might have been a while after they whole put our DNA in the orb thing. Clark wants to know who killed Jor-El and I like that Faora warns Clark that there would be a war if he went after Zod for it, there'd be war but has she forgot, Clark = lots of powers, Zod = no powers just a lot of talk, for now anyways.

As soon as I saw the external shot of the farmhouse I thought it was the wedding dress scene. but no but just as good. Clark is so sexy coming home from work, but I have to wonder, did Clark not come from the planet? It was dark when he last saw Lois, he went to Watchtower and it was still dark, went to see Alia and Faora and it was light and now, I believe it's the end of the next day, so how did Clark not know Lois quit already?

Totally in love with the way Clark looks at Lois as she's taking the cake out fo the oven. He likes what he sees!

Sweetie pie - nickname two of the episode.

Clark's surprised faces and well, the Jaws theme are hilarious after Lois' I'm in the guest room until we get engaged (mention number 1). Clark wants traditional and he might even want to speed things up a little, but that's a little quicker than he's ready for.

Clark looks rather serious as he sits at the dinner table and then he starts to look worried. "Do I need to eat that" I'm sure is what he's thinking. I wonder what Stetford!Lois would have siad if Clark had been truthful about the pot roast.

"Never forget that you're the man" - I need to know how many times Tom broke down laughing at that. Cause it certainly looks like he's breaking during this. Actually, I wonder if Erica was always able to say it with a straight face. Seriously, bloopers they answer a lot of questions! Even a BTS shot.

"What if I miss the old Lois"? I that. He'd like a traditional relationship but with the Lois he knows and loves.

This whole scene is just priceless, the little Eskimo kiss as she's sitting in his lap. Rach, I know you mentioned that you thought maybe Tom cracked up during this that's why there's a difference between Lois hands being free and then on her lap in the shot across the table and on his chest during the close up. While I’d like to think that's the reason, it could simply just be a case of it being a different take and Erica tried the scene one way and then another and also, when editing, they've gone for the best shots.

"Now my life is with you, for better for worse, for richer or for poorer".
"Lois what are you talking about"?

Engaged/wedding reference 2.

I love the way she's playing with his tie and how he sounds a little freaked and asks all dumb about what she's saying.

"Someone's gonna need an editor for their vows".

Love the subtle changes in her tone as she said "their vows" and we have another reference to a wedding. If Clark didn't get the "for richer or for poorer" meaning, he's certainly got this one! No wonder he's running for it, this is way to fast for the man with superspeed, so of course he knows something is certainly up.

Zod, you perv! Watching someone have a bath. But all the same. I actually had visions of him climbing in beside her. She certainly wouldn't mind. Or maybe I was waiting on him trying to drown her after he mentioned Kal-El, especially when he touched her leg. See, Faora was playing Clark, unless Zod found it. Which I doubt. She sounded so sincere as well. When Tess tried to take her champagne glass back from Zod and he moved it out of her way a little bit. Why didn't she just smack the thing out of his hand? Can't use her fingerprints if the glass is all broken.

"I've seen Clark in love before and it always hold him back".

How little you do not understand. I really don't want to get bogged down in Clana, I don't. But I feel I can't not mention it. Chloe doesn't see how Clois is totally different for one simple reason, during Clana takes one, two, three and four she was more or less always smack dab in the middle of it all. Clark harped on about Lana like there was no tomorrow, and Chloe had no escaping it, no matter how much she wanted to. In stark contrast, if Chloe left the Watchtower more often she'd maybe be privy to more that goes on with regards to Clois. Granted she knew about Clark having some sort of feelings for Lois as far back as Savior and Metallo, she knew about the date in Echo and the standing up, she knew about the kiss in Crossfire and Lois' bolt reflex, she knew about the 5 dozen roses in Pandora and the little fantasy talk (maybe not exactly about fantasy but I recall the word being used) in Warrior, she saw the almost kiss in Bride but aside from that what does Chloe actually know? Where's all the angst from the Clana days? When exactly has Chloe seen that Clark dating Lois is a distraction? Aside from Clark not being able to stay away? If nothing else, Clark proved in Echo that Lois wouldn't be a distraction because he was willing to sacrifice the possibility of ever getting to date her in order to save someone else’s life. He proved in Roulette that when she wasn't speaking to him, he could still trying to save Ollie, he didn't let his feelings for Lois affect his decision to come forward, even when her life was in danger in Idol and he still got the job done in Disciple even though Lois was in hospital. So really, when exactly has Lois been a distraction?

When Chloe is fighting Lois over the photo and saying that Lois may be better at reporting but she doesn’t know the real Clark, I sort of wonder if Chloe really believes that or just wants to believe that. Now we know she knows Clark's secret, but knowing someone's deepest secret doesn't always mean you know them the best. You might know one big detail but it's all the little details that mean more. Especially when you take into account the fact that the super huge big secret was never told to you to begin with. Also, Clark and Chloe don't often talk to one another. When was the last time they actually had a conversation with one another that didn't happen before or after something Blur related?

I honestly believe that when Chloe packs her final punch, as much as she's under a spell, the words and knowledge of how to hurt Lois were always there and I think it's part Chloe and part spell. The same goes for Lois and how she acts about the whole proposal/traditional relationship thing. Lois wants to take it slow, but she's already said that Clark's the one she wants to get it right with and if that's not something that says "I'm all in" (to quote Luke and Lorelai), then I don't know what does.

I sort of love the moment Clark finds out about the fairy dust. The way he says "meteor rock" and then looks to the side as though "damn you krypton pieces"

The look on his face when he's telling the fairy that "they don't use that word" is so funny, she's a total stranger and he could have just said yes. Lois isn't there, she'd never know! This actually left me slightly disappointed because I expected that while Clois are taking it slow, they'd maybe be ready to define their relationship by the end of the episode and by that I mean put labels on it. I thought by the end, Lois would tell him he could refer to her as that.

When Clark sees Lois he sort of looks confused at the suitcase and the trunk being open and then changes to concern about Lois, something is not right. At all. It was Hurricane Chloe. When Lois says "false alarm" it made me smile, that's not convincing anyone.

Erica was fantastic in this scene, just the range of emotions she showed and the changes to her voice, the crying and still looking great. Lois doesn't want Clark to "sugar coat it" but I love that he does. He's trying to be tactful and not say anything to hurt her feelings. He knows from RedK and other magic’s that people usually don't recall what happens once the effects have worn off and Lois could quite easily not remember what's happened, but he won't have her put herself down if he can do or say something to reassure her. Even if she may not remember afterwards. Clark loves her too much.

"Clark, I don't know the first thing about family time or dinners at home"

With Lois' upbringing that's what you expect. But I'd like to see this actually become a part of their dating life. Maybe it's part of why Lois is reluctant to embrace V-day, because it's traditional and couply and she's maybe never really had that or if she has it's never worked out and she sees her not having family time experience as being a negative thing, but to me that just means when she and Clark do those things, she's appreciate them all the more.

"I have to leave you Clark, leave Smallville."

Clark's face here says it all, pretty much "I died when you left". I wonder if that crosses his mind, I'm certainly having flashbacks of Clark with no shirt on...oh, Pandora review you're next. Also, his tone of voice changes as he replies to her and says she has to sleep on it, it's softer were before it was a bit firm.

"Lois stop, you are home".

I just, there are no words. I like that the more Clark talks to her he gets closer. She doesn't move away, so he may be winning her over. I really love that he doesn't just blurt out what she wants to hear, that it's like he's actually thought and considered what he's saying. I know it's only a couple of seconds of a difference between blurting it out and his saying it, I mean it could have just fallen off his tongue quite quickly if that makes sense. But instead Clark says "Lois you can't leave, not yet" takes a few steps down the stairs towards her and then when she's pretty much in touching distance "I promise we'll be together, always and..." he doesn't finish and I love this for some reason and she finishes for him and asks if he really means it and when she did I had total Crimson flashbacks to then she wanted to know if RedK Clark really meant he liked her. I have no idea if this was intentional or not but I love it and what's even better is, in Crimson, RedK Clark was all "yeah" right away because he thought he was gonna get some, while here, Clark actually takes the time to think over what he saying. It's almost like a light bulb goes on for Clark, because I'm not entirely sure he was ready to admit the always and forever part, but in stark contrast to earlier whenever Lois has alluded to marriage and Clark has freaked, he doesn't say "I mean it", his words to Lois are "I do". Seriously, if I don't get a wedding I'm gonna be pissed!

The sincerity with which Clark delivers that line (btw, that subtle little smile he does is gonna be the death of me) has her dropping the suitcase and moving in for a kiss. Not just any kiss, what to me is their most passionate kiss. If this is what they're doing without a fight, I am really curious to see what a make up kiss is gonna look like. Although, this sort of feels a little like a make up kiss to me, maybe because she was about ready to leave him. Or maybe it’s in part to the huge declaration that made her stay. This was it, the first mutual kiss! And boy did it deliver. I love how Clark’s hand starts out on her shoulder and moves up to cup her face and usually when Lois has kissed Clark in Crossroads and idol she’s had her hands on his face, but here they’re sort of mirroring one another. They both have a hand on the others face and a hand on their back. She’s smiling even before they really break apart from the kiss and seriously, the thing Clark’s doing with his eyebrows so intense!

Okay so I found another slight criticism of Christopher Petry or again maybe the editing, but I’d have loved a shot of that kiss slightly pulled back a little, to see hands and everything better.

Clark’s happy as she rests her head on his chest, she is not leaving. She’s so far from not leaving she’s moving her stuff into his room and the difference this time is, he’s gonna be staying in it too. Gulp (am I weird for finding stuff like this sexy? This show is going to be the death of me). So not what Clark expected.

This si taking too long to write so I’m afraid I might need to skim over some stuff

When Clark tells Emil to relax, it’s sooooooo funny. Clark realises what triggers the changed behaviour in people but he can’t undo it. Plus I like how they used this episode to not only bring Clois closer together, which I think it does, but to also progress the story about who killed Jor-El.

The wedding dress scene is seven shades of wonderful. It’s still fantastic no matter how many times you’ve seen it. I think I’ve said everything I had to say about it elsewhere after the webclip, but still OMG. “Who got Martha’s wedding dress? We did”. One thing that stands out for me is that while there are all these shipper war things going on out there, the one thing I can say about Lois is, she never married someone not Clark (granted they are not married yet) and she’s never worn a wedding dress intending to marry anyone else but Clark. And there’s no doubting it now, Martha knows about Clois. I am rather curious to know how long she’s known for and also, I wonder if she gave it one seconds thought that Clark and Lois getting engaged was just too soon? Or maybe Martha just knew it was gonna happen. Lois calling her “Mom” was a lovely touch.

I really want to know how many different variations there were of the dancing with the wedding dress. Maybe some will find their way on to the dvd’s Lucy being excited about Lois getting married was fantastic, and also makes me think she must have known lois was dating Clark. Same goes for the general knowing, if he didn’t know he knows now.

Clark wants to talk to Zod to find out about his father.

BTW love what they’re doing to Clark’s hair whenever he’s The blur. So damn sexy!

Oh, Zod’s eyes did the blue thing. I was surprised he said it was Tess as I was always under the impression it was Zod. Did Zod really believe it was Tess? I can’t quite tell from the way Clark worded the question. Zod tells Clark he needs to get retribution and then starts talking about Jor-El protecting Clark as though trying to convince him to kill Tess. Clark says, “You don’t think sometimes I want to be a killer like you” and I was totally shocked by that. Clark’s eyes going all blue and sparkly, who knew he could whammy himself? Clark said “you don’t think I want…” for two other things before the killer part, was the spell applied to all of it? I mean, did it wait until he finished talking? I thought it’d just apply to what he said first.

Around about this point last week I started to wonder if the fairy dust had been a plant by Zod to get us to this point because I though Zod wanted Tess out of the way, especially when you consider that little triumphant smirk on his face when Clark leaves.

So it turns out that Chloe is still spying on Clark and it turns out Tess is also able to spy on Clark, how can a man with x-ray vision not scan the place for this stuff? He found bugs for Lex in S1.

BTW, love Tess’ coat.

Tess and Chloe throw down and I get a bit confused about who I’m meant to want to win. At least you always suspect Tess to do something underhand, although after AJ (I know, I’ve still to review) I’m a little confused about her. While Chloe, she’s a law unto herself and well, she bugs me, so needless to say, I wanted the blonde to get her ass kicked. I even yelled at Clark/Blur when he stopped Tess from shooting her and I will also admit, Tess in the ring of fire, I wish it’d been Chloe.

Pissed Clark is sexy as hell, actually is there any kind of Clark that isn’t?

“you confided in me Clark?”

Are you sure Tess? Did he actually confide in you or did you just jump to the right conclusion?

Dark, bad ass Blur is intense and I actually quite like this threatening side to him. He should freak bad people out like this all the time.

What is that thing Chloe has and how does it stop Clark? Is that the same thing she had in Tess’ office? If so then how come it didn’t work when Clark blurred on through?

We saw Clark and Chloe snap out of it, but I’d really have liked to have seen Lois snap out of it too, just to see her reaction to whatever she was doing.

I didn’t see it coming that Alia killed Jor-El. But when did Zod kill her if that was meant to be for Clark to do? And why’d she come clean? She was getting away with it? So they can have Tess vindicated?

I didn’t think Zod would go through with it but he did and now the future is different already.

Love, love, love the engagement announcement in the paper. I love how Lois was about to eat the strawberry and then stopped on seeing the photo Mrs K has two phone calls!

“Donna Reed on crack” was a little phone happy telling everyone the great news about their wedding. I love the way Erica played the “I wasn’t myself, I don’t know what she put in that stuff.” And the way Lois looks at Clark when she says “I need to trust that what we have is something more”.

I’m curious as to why Lois is at the farm. Did she spend the night? Or is she just over for breakfast?

Anyways, Lois more or less says Clark asked her to move in and he’s about to challenge that but doesn’t and I wonder, a) is her memory a little clouded, b) is that her interpretation of what Clark said or c) is she trying to deflect it off of herself (not in a bad way).

I’m in love with the fact that Clark ended up taking the “blame” for her moving in, instead of telling her it was all her. That smile and shake of the head Tom does, seriously sexy man, you are killing me here.

While I like they’re still willing to take things slow, I sort of really want them to crank it up just a tad. Is one oxygen deprived make out session too much to ask for?

Then we have the honesty talk and while I think the whole does she or doesn’t she know the Blur thing is gonna be a hot topic for episodes to come, I’ve commented on it before and am not gonna go into it again, for now. I sort of see what Clark’s saying here as more about them being honest about their feelings and insecurities about their relationship. Essentially communication is the key. If they’re not honest about what they want from each other or how the feel, they might as well walk away now.

I like how Clark justified her speaking out about the Blur. Because it is true it did protect him.

“Don’t worry Lois, it’s not gonna be that easy to get rid of me”.

Don’t we know that’s the truth, we remember, “I died when you left”. Lois seems so content now with Clark, while he seems conflicted. Which again makes me think he’s thinking of his Blur secret. Aw just tell her and have the torture be done with. Who said that?

Again, I wish that shot had pulled back a little.

The funeral thingy for Alia – totally reminded me of what they do in Star Wars, maybe not the branding thing. Is it right that Zod was there? He killed her.

Clark/The Blur needs to decide if he’s really on of the Kandorians? Zod, he’s hell bent on you not finishing those towers, he’s pretty much told you he doesn’t want you to have powers. Are you not getting the point/? I think you’ll get it in a minute! Loud and freaking clear.

In the last Clark/Chloe scene, Chloe says something about having to protect Clark from himself, does she mean his feeling like everything is his fault in that?

So, Chloe’s killer is dead, does that mean Chloe can’t die?

How great was the music in this episode? Especially in that final scene. Who knew Clark would do that? The look on Zod’s face I know some people will comment on the safety of what Clark did, but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he X-rayed the place and did a full logistical analysis before he took away Zod’s toys.

Excellent episode. I was worried they were gonna play Lois just for laughs in this episode but I feel it’s aided the advancement of the Clois story and I’m curious as to what Zod’s new plan will be. That thing Jor-El hid probably. Just might be my fave episode of the season, but my head hurts too much to think that over.

Also

For the most part I sort of want to forget large portions of Warrior don’t exist but the one interesting thing I think of now, especially given this episode and maybe because they’ve aired back to back is Clark and Lois have both done something outside of their comfort zones. In Warrior Clark was willing to go to a costume ball with Lois even though he hated that and in this episode we have Lois admitting that they’re something more, which she was unwilling to do by not allowing Clark to call her his girlfriend. I’d like to think in tonight’s episode we will have one of them use that title.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed Persuasion. This episode had comedy, romance, action, and intensity. Plenty for me to think about and comment on, so here goes:

Zod and Clark - I can't get enough of these two in their scenes, just marvelous to watch. On a side note, I liked the nickname "Major Hot Zod" that someone mentioned earlier.

Zod and Tess - their scene while Tess was in the bathtub was on so many levels. Their conversations/banter are seductive yet threatening, not to mention that they smoulder when they're near each other.

Lois in the blue '50's-style dress and cooking up a storm at the farmhouse, paired with Clark's reaction, had me in stitches. Gotta love the clip-on earrings, too. It was cute how she sat in Clark's lap and they rubbed noses. Their scene in the loft with Clark reassuring her about their relationship was sweet.

Lois dancing and jumping in Martha's wedding dress - priceless! That montage was such fun to watch, her excitement and joy about the prospect of becoming Clark's wife was tangible.

Emil chillin' out was hilarious! Seeing Alessandro play Emil that way was awesome - about time.

Chloe seemed harsh or something in this episode. Granted, some of that was due to Clark's power of persuasion, but still, I'm not used to her and Clark being all business and no heart to heart talk. I know she takes her work (protecting Clark) seriously, but her character is moving in a direction that makes me wonder what surprises are ahead.

How about that Chloe and Tess fight? Those two sure had a good round, breaking glass coffee tables and all.

The Clark and Tess fight scene was incredible. Clark's intensity and scariness factor was attention-grabbing and oh so hot. The thing that Tom does with his voice when Clark becomes menacing is almost too much. *fans self*

I was surprised that Alia confessed to killing Jor-El, and even more surprised that Zod killed her. His face showed such pain to go through with that, but he's a devout Kandorian who follows their code. Alia's funeral was very well filmed, one could sense the respect and seriousness of the ceremony.

Hurray for Clark destroying the towers! Except now I wonder what's going to happen next because we've seen glimpses of the future...

One last note, I'm going to echo previously mentioned thoughts about the great music choices in this episode - I thought the songs/music were very well matched with the various scenes.

Once again, thanks to everyone who posted a review! I had fun reading them all. It did take a while, but it was worth it.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Szilvia - the point post-Pandora is for Clark and co to try and change the future. So ergo Clark destroying the towers sort of does that. Alia dying changes Chloe being killed by her etc.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I don't want Clark walking around without powers in the future, and I don't want Chloe to get killed by Alia, so there's been some big progress made by the turn of events in this episode. I guess I should've typed "...we've seen glimpses of the future provided that circumstances don't change." It makes me wonder if the future is still a threat to people like Clark, Chloe, and Lois, considering the Zod and Tess factors (and that lady with the chess pieces whose name I've forgotten). There's certainly a lot going on in the show lately, but I think they're weaving all the storylines together quite well...I could still use a few more viewings of each episode, though.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh okay. I thought you didn't get that part
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand - it was kind of vague at that part. I'll try to be more clear next time.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A Lot To Read! But, I am closing this thread for now.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks! Yeah, those reviews are crazy long! Even mine weren't that long.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ There is always a lot to say about this episode!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread