Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

MY Inside Of Tom Welling Transcript!

Tom Welling filmed his interview/podcast "Inside Of Tom Welling" for Michael Rosenbaum's show "Inside Of You With Michael Rosenbaum on Saturday, August 05th, 2017. The episode was released on Monday, September 11th, 2017.

I have typed up the COMPLETE Transcript of the interview, and I will be posting it here in ten parts.

Rated "R" For Raw, Real, Ripe, Romantic, & Rugged.

PLEASE DO NOT REPOST WITHOUT CREDIT! THANK YOU!~Fatima

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 01 Of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:00 - 10:36

Michael Rosenbaum: You're listening to Inside Of You With Michael Rosenbaum. This week, folks, is one of the big guys. All right, this is the episode everybody's been talking about, asking me about, yelling me {Mimicking Fans}: "When's Smallville, when's The Clark Kent gonna be on your show?" Not everybody talks like that. Some of my friends do back in Indiana, but I love them. But people were really excited. They wanted Tom Welling. They wanted to talk Clark Kent and Lex Luthor stories. They wanted to hear it. He's on. Okay. So, your, all your Facebook requests and your Twitter and your Instagram requests, they've come true. They've worked, okay, cause, uh, he's on the show today. Tom Welling, we're joined, but we'll talk about growing up in high school. We'll talk about, uh, how all of us Smallville actors, we wrote a letter to the studio because we were scared for Tom's, uh, health. He used to have to wake up at four thirty in the morning, drive himself, work eighteen hours, we thought he was gonna die. So, we wrote to the studio to get him driver. And, they got him a driver. And, then secretly I wrote a letter about myself to the studio, and I said, "Hey, can I get a driver?" And, they didn't, they didn't do that. But, what are we gonna do? Or, how about the time, I directed an episode, I yelled at him, and then he hugged me and said, "I was just kidding with you." Or, uh, just lots of Smallville, lots of great stories. He's one of my good buddies. He's been a loyal friend for years. He comes to my Christmas parties and was just at the Houdini House, um, supporting his fortieth birthday. He's forty. Can you believe that little Clark Kent is forty years old? Uh, we'll talk about, uh, his new show Lucifer that he's on, uh, a little third season action and, uh, his divorce. Uh, but first a word from our sponsors. Uh, I ordered delivery the other night, all right, from one of those apps, I'm not gonna say which app, but fifteen dollars for a freaking, I'm gonna say ****ing, okay, ****ing delivery fee. Fifteen dollars, so pretty much with my meal and delivery, I spent like forty bucks. Now I want you to look at this meal. This is, I don't even know how, this is so easy to sell because it's actually really good. This is, uh, the grilled herb chicken from Freshly. I get these delivered to my house, made from real chefs, cooked from real chefs, natural ingredients, no matter when I come home, dinner's made, in three minutes, no mess, no dishes. [Takes A Bite Of The Chicken] Okay, for a limited time only, Freshly's offering Inside Of You listeners, six dinners for just thirty-nine dollars. It's ridiculous. It's crazy. Under forty dollars for six healthy, fresh meals delivered to your door. Go to freshly.com. Use the promo code, own six thirty-nine. Again, that's freshly.com and use the promo code own, O W N, six, three, nine. [Takes Another Bite]. Now, Let's Get Inside Of Tom Welling.

Michael Singing: It's my point of view. You're listening to Inside Of You With Michael Rosenbaum.

Michael: Inside Of You With Michael Rosenbaum was not filmed in front of a live studio audience.

Quote:
Tom Welling Already Laughing.
Michael: We've known each other a long time, Tom.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah.
Michael: I, I, first of all...

Quote:
Tom: Fifteen Years?
Michael: Fifteen years, and I just wanna...

Quote:
Tom: Sixteen?
Michael: Say, I appreciate, I appreciate you allowing me to be inside of you today.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. Yeah.
Michael: How do you feel about it?

Quote:
Tom: Um, innuendo, comes to mind.
Michael: Innuendo, in your window.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: That's what comes to mind. Yeah. So, we've been friends for a long time. I think, I really feel like, I'm one of the only people you actually liked on that show.

Quote:
Tom: Um... [Tom Adjusts On Sofa]
Michael: I was one of them!

Quote:
Tom: One of them. One of them.
Michael: Yeah, I'm sure you liked a couple...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You have to say you liked a couple, or then they would assume he only like Rosenbaum.

Quote:
Tom: I liked most of them, no.
Michael: Yeah. Now...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael Laughs.

Michael: Are there some you didn't like?

Quote:
Tom: No. I liked them all. Everybody was good.
Michael: Everybody was really nice.

Quote:
Tom: Everybody was good. You know, as time goes on, you know, but when you're in it, there's a lot of it that you're, you know, you're tired.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: And, uh, "blah, blah, blah", you know, and "Poor Me." But the longer, the more time that goes from that show, the more I remember it fondly.
Michael: Right.

Quote:
Tom: You only remember the good stuff.
Michael: I only remember the bad times.

Quote:
Tom Shrugs Shoulders.
Quote:
Michael: Well, I remember, I remember some bad times.

Quote:
Tom: A couple of times in the rain, yelling at Marshall or whatever, but you know.
Michael: Oh My God. You remember that?

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: All right, let's start, let's start early.

[Quote] Tom: Okay.

Michael: We'll get there. I'm gonna get inside you really quick.

Quote:
Tom: Okay.
Michael: I just wanna know about childhood like, you know, first of all, were you always a tall person?

Quote:
Tom: No. I was, uh, I was probably, I didn't start getting tall till like freshman, sophomore year of high school. In middle school, I remember being like five'three, and dancing with girls taller than me.
Michael: Really?

Quote:
Tom: That was fun. Yeah.
Michael: When did you have hair on your balls?

Quote:
Tom: [sighs]
Michael: First time?

Quote:
Tom: I don't think I remember.
Michael: First hair?

Quote:
Tom: I don't know.
Michael: And, you went like, "Yeah!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "It's a pube!"

Quote:
Tom: I don't think I do.
Michael: I used to pray for them.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Cause I started puberty so late. I used to, you know, when you did shirts and skins basketball...

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: I was never, if I was skins, all of a sudden, I got sick. I was like nauseous. I was like, "I can't do it. I don't know. Something happened." "Why?" "I don't wanna take my shirt off." "Why? Rosenbaum, you don't have hair under your arms?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "What the ****'s wrong with you?" "I don't know. My dad's six'five. I'm four'eleven as a sophomore in high school.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: You weren't like that, though.

Quote:
Tom: I don't think so. I mean, I don't remember thinking that, so I don't think so, no. I don't know.
Michael: You weren't concerned about your pubic hair?

Quote:
Tom: Mmnmmnm.
Michael: You just knew that it was there, and it was coming in normally.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I mean, I, I'm still hope...
Michael Laughs. [Takes A Drink]

Quote:
Tom: I'm, I'm I still hope it comes in...
Michael: Yeah.

Quote:
Tom: At this point.
[Popping Sound]

Michael: What's that sound?

Quote:
Tom Looks At Rob.
Michael: What's the popping sound?

Quote:
Tom: Oh, you're having a little drink there, Rob? Was is that, whiskey?
Michael: Jesus Christ. Rob's twenty-eight. He's got a kid already.

Quote:
Tom: Well, the...
Rob: Twenty-Nine.

Quote:
Tom: Twenty-Nine?
Michael: Oh, whatever.

Quote:
Tom: Twenty-nine kids or twenty-nine years old.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: Um, the, well, the funny thing is, I remember walking in the make-up trailer and you, with your shirt off on the show, and they were like shaving your back, so it kind of just went full circle.
Michael: Thank you. Thank you for allowing, telling everyone I'm hairier then The Hendersons that you worked with.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: It's true. It's like, my legs aren't hairy. My arms aren't hairy. My chest gets a little Jack The Tripper from Three's Company.

Quote:
Michael: And, my back does.

Quote:
Tom Nods.
Michael: But, you know what, when I was bald, I felt like I had to be bald all the way down. I was a method...

Quote:
Tom: Mmmmm.
Michael: Balder.

Quote:
Michael: A method shaver.

Quote:
Tom: Right.
Michael: You didn't have to worry about that.

Quote:
Tom: No.
Michael: You just had to have good hair.

Quote:
Tom: I, I was, why didn't you just like fill up a bathtub of Nair or something and jump in there.
Michael: Cause it probably, that's right, that's probably a better idea.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: All that time.
Michael: I think that if I use Nair on my head, I probably wouldn't have, I wouldn't have hair right now.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I mean, I'm not sure how that stuff works, but I remember Steve talking about it. Remember Steve?
Michael: Steve, our gay wardrobe guy.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: He was like, [Imitating Steve] "Rosenbaum, you are gay except for your dick."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "Everything about you is ****ing gay."

Quote:
Tom: He did say that.
Michael: He did.

Quote:
Tom: Many Times.
Michael: I love Steve, didn't you?

Quote:
Tom: Mmhmmm.
Michael: How many times did Steve see you naked?

Quote:
Tom: Oh, more than a handful, for sure.
Michael: I always ask him, "What does Tom look like naked?" He's like, "I'm not telling you anything."

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: I'm like, "Wow. You're good. And, what do, how do I look like naked." He's like, "Ymmhmmm."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You know what I mean?

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: So, as a young kid in New York, you're of German descent. Did I get that right?

Quote:
Michael: I knew that.

Quote:
Michael: Sprichst du Deutsch Kennst du ein...? [Do you speak or know any German?]

Quote:
Tom: Mmnmmnm.
Michael: You don't speak any German.

Quote:
Tom: No. I don't speak any German.
Michael: You ever been, you ever been to Germany?

Quote:
Michael: Where?

Quote:
Tom: In Munich.
Michael: Really? Munich?

Quote:
Tom: Traveled around a little bit.
Michael: München. [Munich]

Quote:
Tom: München [Munich]
Michael: Ich scheiße meine Hose... [I **** my pants.]

Quote:
Tom: Makes A Face!
Michael: It means, "I **** my pants."

Quote:
Tom: Well, did you use that when you were just in Germany on tour?
Michael: Yes. They didn't like it.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I honestly, the first song I was so nervous, I was like, "I'd be funny." But, my comedy doesn't translate not only in America...

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: But not in Germany. So, I was up there, Ich scheiße meine Hose...!

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: And, all these blank German faces.

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: I, I just didn't know what to do. So, uh...

Quote:
Tom: I'd have been that lone guy just like, dying, in the corner laughing.
Michael: You would have died. You always, that's what I always loved. I was like, "Tom gets me." He just like, we, we, we made each other laugh.

Quote:
Michael: We just got along. If I was having, you always say, I always love this, is that when you were having a bad day, you're like, "****, I just worked eighteen hours, and this and that. They're making me, you know, do this stunt, my back hurts. And, then Rosenabum comes in and he's pissed off. All your worries just got, were over.

Quote:
Tom: I just got happy all of a sudden. Like, we couldn't occupy the same anger space at the same time.
Michael: I would look at you. [slight laugh]

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, you would be laughing.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I'm like, "What the ****'s so funny, Welling?!?"

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: You're like, "You! You're ****ing pissed off! You just made my ****ing day!"

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Quote:
Tom: That's true. That's very true.
Michael: It is true. So, you grew up in New York. You have brothers and sisters.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. Two older sisters, younger brother.
Michael: Right, and uh, what, did you all get along? Happy, loving family?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I didn't see much of my sisters.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: I guess I was a bit of a terror kid, so they stayed away from me.
Michael: What do you mean?

Quote:
Tom: Like, I would, just like, when I was really small, I'd bite, like punch and kick, like I was just mean.
Michael: You were a dick?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I was a dick. And, I'd steal their ****, and like break their dolls and stuff like that, so I don't...

Quote:
Tom: I don't really remember my sister's until I was like, maybe sixteen. [laughs]

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. [slight laugh]
Michael: Now, are you close now with your family?

Quote:
Michael: You see them?

Quote:
Tom: Um, couple of times a year. They're all, I got a brother in Hawaii, and my one sister lives in New York, and the other one lives in Pennsylvania.
Michael: Were any of them actors?

Quote:
Tom: No. Oh, my, my brother did a little movie, and then he was like, "Uh-uh, I don't wanna do this."
Michael: And, how old was he then?

Quote:
Tom: He must have been twenty, late twenties when he did it. Yeah.
Michael: So, you were playing sports growing up in high school? And, you were like...

Quote:
Michael: So, as a little kid, what were the, what were the sports?

Quote:
Tom: Baseball. Soccer. Basketball.
Michael: Were you good?

Quote:
Michael: Were you like the star?

Quote:
Tom: Uh, I was, yeah. When I was really young, and then, like, as I got older...
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: Everybody started really like working at it, and I didnt'. [laughs] I was just like, "What do you mean practice? Let's just go play."
Michael: You didn't wanna work?

Quote:
Michael: Who Does?

Quote:
Tom: Who Does?
Michael: Yeah. It's, that's why we're actors.

Quote:
Michael: We don't wanna work.

Quote:
Tom: Mmhmmm. [laughs]
Michael: So, what happened in high school, all of a sudden?

Quote:
[Tom Reached For A Drink]
Michael: What made you go...

Quote:
Tom's Leg Hits Mike.
[Quote] Tom: Oh, jeez.

Michael: You're making the ****ing noises.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. [laughs]
Michael: Don't worry about Rob.

Quote:
Tom Drinks.
Michael: He takes pictures. His first trade is, he's...

Quote:
Tom: I know. It's weird. Not even...
Michael: He's a photographer.

Quote:
Tom: Not even for the show.
Michael: Yeah. It's for...

Quote:
Tom Drinks.
Michael: He's gonna jerk off to these pictures later.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Aren't we all?

Quote:
Tom: He's right over there.
Michael: So, when was the first time you said, uh, "acting? I wanna do a play." And, why the hell would you do that?

Quote:
Tom: I guess, when I was a little kid, I was in plays and musicals, when I was like in middle school.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: Stuff like that. And, then, as I got into high school, it wasn't, you know, I guess, it wasn't cool anymore, so I got into the sports thing. And, so, I guess, when I was young, I, being up on stage and whatever singing and doing all that stuff, I guess made me feel pretty comfortable.
Michael: Wait. Wait. You can sing?

Quote:
Tom: Well, when I was a kid, I could.
Michael: I mean, I've heard you sing. We sing for fun.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. For fun. For fun.
Michael: But, so, do you remember your first musical? The first time you got onstage?

Quote:
Tom: Uh, I don't remember the first time. I do have a memory of being out there singing and I, I forget...it was like...
Michael: What were you singing?

Quote:
Tom: It's something from Oklahoma. And, the mike was in front of me, and the, you know, the place was packed, you know, with uh,
Michael: Parents and ****.

Quote:
Tom: Parents and ****. And, I grab, I put my hands on the mike, like Bono or something...
Michael: Like a rock star?

Quote:
Tom: Like a rock star, and I'm singing, and finish the song, and you know, we go for the wardrobe change, and I get by, by like my ear, I get, I almost get picked up by the woman, [slight laugh] by the teacher, who's like, directing the show.

Quote:
Tom: Who's like, [Imitating Teacher] "If you ever touch that microphone again, I will end you!" [laughs] I was like...
Michael: So, in other words...

Quote:
Tom: I was like, "No Kidding."
Michael: [Imitating Teacher] "This is a theatrical production!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Quote:
Tom: Yes!
Michael: "This is not a rock show, Mr. Welling!

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Quote:
Tom: That's Right.
Michael: "Mr. Thomas John Patrick Joseph Welling The Third!"

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: Is that what happened?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. And, I was like, "Man, okay."
Michael: So, after that, was that kind of like a turn off too, where you're like, "**** this!"

Quote:
Tom: No, I just didn't touch the mike anymore.
Michael: Yeah?

Quote:
Tom: That's for sure. Even this, I'm like, "Ehhhhh."
Michael: You can grab the mike. It's a nice mike.

Quote:
Tom: But, it'd be like, [Talking Into The Mike] "Me talking to you like this." And, just like...
Michael: That'd be weird.

Quote:
Tom: Going like this the whole time. [Moving Mike Back & Forth]
Michael: That would be really weird!

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: Did you just jerk off my microphone?

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Stay tuned for Part 02 Of 10!
Old 12-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, Fatima, this must have taken you forever! Great work!
Old 12-23-2017, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Wow, Fatima, this must have taken you forever! Great work!
Thanks!

Part 02 of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:10:37 - 00:17:55

Michael: So, okay. So, you said, "Screw. Screw it."

Quote:
Michael: "Through high school, I'm gonna play sports."

Quote:
Michael: And, did you get girls? Were, I mean, you've always been a good-looking guy? Were you ever not a good-looking guy, you think?

Quote:
Tom: Ummmmm...
Michael: Or, was it just a natural, look's it...

Quote:
Tom: Mmmm-hmmmm.
Michael: I would think, look, I know it's uncomfortable to ask you that, cause like "Ohhfff, come on! Was I always good-looking?"

Quote:
Tom: I don't know how to answer that, I mean.
Michael: Well, listen, I've gone through a lot of phases. I was...

Quote:
Tom Drinks.
Michael: I was Alfred Hitchcock as a baby.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I was, uh, I was, what's his name from Sixteen Candles? Anthony Michael. Michael Hall...

Quote:
Tom: Michael Hall.
Michael: As a teenager.

Quote:
Tom: I can see you as, I could see that.
Michael: I was such a nerd.

Quote:
Tom: I could see that.
Michael: I couldn't get nailed in wood shop.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: College I went through this bucket head.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: You know, the, the hair, the bowl cut.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I mean, I...

Quote:
Tom: You had a bowl-cut in college?
Michael: Yeah, I mean I was just, ugly. I had goofy buck teeth like...

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: ****ed up teeth. Somebody punched me in the face once, and my teeth were just ****ing crocked.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: I wasn't, until later...

Quote:
Tom: What'd you get punched for?
Michael: Uhhhhh, this guy, like, we were, I was playing ice hockey, and our team, our teams are rivals. He played for another team. And, my dad told his dad he was "a pig" or something.

Quote:
Tom Slightly Laughs.
Michael: And, he got mad that my dad said that, so instead of like, his dad defending himself, he, he defended his dad. But, I was five feet tall, and this guy was a big kid.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: So, we're driving home from a South Spencer basketball game. Me & Pat Lally, and uh, well first off at the basketball game, I'll tell you this.

Quote:
Tom: Wait, I've met Lally.
Michael: Well, Lally's Tom, his brother, Pat, I used to hang out with cause Tom was really popular.

Quote:
Tom: Oh, okay.
Michael: So I didn't hang out with Tom as much. We're at a basketball game, and this kid says, "Hey, out of the way, Rosenbaum. You freaking nerd." Or, something.

Quote:
Michael: And, I go, and I just said something smart ass. You know me, it was my defense mechanism. At least, I was sort of funny.

Quote:
Tom Nodding.
Michael: I was like, "Hey, look at me. I'm so and so." And, I was doing like an early Farly. "Hey, everybody, look at me. I'm the big guy, you know at the..."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, he got really upset.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, cause he was already thinking about my dad, my dad calling his dad, "a pig", and uh, we're driving home from to uh, McDonalds. No, we're driving home from South Spencer, and I look into, Pat Lally looks into the rear view mirror and says, "Uh, I think "so and so", I'm not gonna name his name, I think, he's a, he's like, right on our bumper..."

Quote:
Tom: He's ****-tailing you in his car!?!
Michael: With his friends, he's tailing me.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: So, I go, I don't know what happened, Tom. This is uh a bad idea. I go, 'Pull Over.' And, he goes, "What? Pull Over?"

Quote:
Tom: Look at you.
Michael: "Pull over to the McDonalds. Let's get this over with."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, he goes, "****, Rosenbaum." And, I went to the McDonalds, and he got out of his car with all his popular friends or whatever. And, I get out of the car, and he goes. He goes, he goes, "You're a piece of ****." And, I go, "**** you."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I go, and he starts yelling at me, and he goes, "Your dad's a bugger. I go, "Dude, settle it with my dad." And, then I started like bad mouthing him and people are...

Quote:
Tom: And like making sense.
Michael: People are starting to laugh.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I was making sense, and I turn around and he just comes behind me and I turn quickly, and he punches me right in the face. And, then I grab him and I threw him into the McDonalds door, and it shattered it.

Quote:
Tom: Oh God.
Michael: And, I didn't really throw him. We both kinda went into it. I didn't really, you know. I just like to say that I did.

Quote:
Tom: Right. [laughs]
Michael: Anyway, fast forward, we had to get out of there because the manager comes out. The next day at school. We're at the cafeteria table, and he's not at school. And, I come to find that he's got a cast on his hand. I guess the glass door broke his hand.

Quote:
Tom: Cool.
Michael: So, apparently, I win.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, everybody's making fun of him and was like, "Oh, Rosenbaum did this to you."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "Four Eleven Rosenbaum."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, the next day, I'm in the bathroom, between classes, and there's nobody in there, taking a piss, and guess who walks in?

Quote:
Michael: And, I'm like, "I'm gonna get the **** beat out of me, my mouth's already fat. I'm gonna get beat up in the ****ter."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, this guy looks at me and goes, "Just keep your ****ing mouth shut, man. Just keep your mouth shut." And, I go, "I never, I didn't start this."

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: And, he goes, "Shut up!" And, you know, I can't, I have to have the last word.

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: But, uh, did you ever get beat up in high school?

Quote:
Tom: No, I...
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: I got into a fight. Um...
Michael: What was his name?

Quote:
Tom: I don't know. I don't remember, but he was, he was, he was a wrestler. And, I remember being, I was tall, but I wasn't, I wasn't like, big. And, he was a little shorter, and he was a on the wrestling team, and it was, I don't know, over some girl. And, he was like, "I'll meet you in the parking lot." So, of course, I tried to not go. And, all my friends were, "No, dude, you gotta go." Like, "You gotta go. Go."
Michael: Oh, don't mess with the wrestler.

Quote:
Tom: "We're here to walk you out." And, it's like, "****. I'm gonna get, you know, this isn't gonna be good." So, I walk out there, and it's literally like, what's that movie where they go outside Five O' Clock? Or, something?
Michael: Three O Clock High?

Quote:
Michael: Yeah!

Quote:
Tom: And, it's like, literally, you know, feels like a hundred people in the parking lot.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: And, there he is. Like, hopping around, like all jacked up. And, I walk out, and I was like, "Hey, man, listen." I put my hands up, and he dives at my waist, like, you know, a wrestler.
Michael: Oh, boy.

Quote:
Tom: And, he tries to pick me up. [slight laugh] And, he can't. [clears throat]
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: For whatever reason. And, I'm, I, I, I reach over, and I grab him by the waist, and I pick him up, and he let's go. And, I drop him, and he falls right in his head and gets knocked out. [laughs] And, I was like, [Tom Looks Right & Left]
Michael: You didn't even wanna fight him.

Quote:
Tom: I didn't wanna fight him. So, the next day, we get pulled into the principal's office, and I was like, "Oh, ****. I'm gonna get, you know, suspended or whatever, and we're sitting there, and the principal's talking about what's going on. And, [slight laugh] all of a sudden I hear, [Imitating Guy Crying].
Michael: He's now crying.

Quote:
Tom: And, I look over, and he's crying. And, he's, and I'm like, "Dude, it's all right." I'm like, [Patting Shoulder In The Air].
Michael: So, you were the nice guy!

Quote:
Tom: I Guess.
Michael: Who inadvertently beat him up.

Quote:
Tom: [slight laugh] I dropped him on his head! And, he was, he was worried about it.
Michael: You're such a nice guy, Tom!

Quote:
Tom: But, he told the, uh, the principal, he was worried about is parents finding out and everything. And, you know, blah, blah, blah, and I was like, I felt bad for the guy. He was upset.
Michael: Oh my Gosh!

Quote:
Tom: But, it's funny how after the fight...
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: How these people, it's, I don't know if it's, you earn their respect or just embarrassment sort of catches up to them, but it, um, in similar experiences the guys are, they're different people afterwards. It's like ,...

Quote:
Tom: "Why couldn't we have had this conversation before?" But...
Michael: Yeah, right. Everybody wants to fight.

Quote:
Michael: Yeah. Gosh, I would have, I wish it would have gone my way, that one.

Quote:
Tom Laughs. [Adjusts On Sofa]
Michael: That fight. Instead it busted my mouth open.

Quote:
Tom: It sounds like it did, though. You took one in the jaw.
Michael: Well, in a way. You know, people get it in high school.

Quote:
Tom Drinks.
Michael: How's you McDonald's, uh...

Quote:
Tom: Uh... [Puts Drink Back On Table] Coffee?
Michael: Coffee? I got you some waters there, if you want a water, a little refreshment.

Quote:
Tom: A Peach?
Michael: If you want a banana, you wanna suck on a banana over there?

Quote:
Tom: Mmmm. I have eaten bananas. Yeah.
Michael: Really professional, here.

Quote:
Tom Slightly Laughs.
Michael: We really do you up.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: So, so what happened? I guess, after high school? You, you didn't wanna be an actor? Cause that, cause that kinda happened, I guess, after you started modeling. Someone saw you...

Quote:
Michael: You were doing construction?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I graduated early from high school. Um, with a less than stellar uh...
Michael: Me too.

Quote:
Tom: Grade Average.
Michael: Me too.

Quote:
Tom: Because I...
Michael: What was it?

Quote:
Tom: I just wanted to get out of there.
Michael: What was it? I was like two/four?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. About that.
Michael: Yeah?

Quote:
Tom: Around there. Just enough.
Michael: I always say cause I didn't try.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I didn't try.
Michael: ADD?

Quote:
Tom: I didn't try. ADD.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: STD. You know, everything.
Michael: STD!?!

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. [slight laugh] Isn't that a thing?
Michael: You did not!

Quote:
Tom: Isn't that a thing?
Michael: I think it's a bad thing.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Well, I had crabs in college once.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I got rid of those pretty quickly, though.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: You shave your balls.

Quote:
Tom: Did you know what it was?
Michael: Uh, I thought...

Quote:
Tom: Or, did you have to, like...
Michael: You know, when they have like names for stuff, and you're like, "Oh, you know, uh, they're not really crabs."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I remember being like eighteen, and like taking one of my balls, and putting it up to the light...

Quote:
Tom: Oh God.
Michael: And going, "My God, that's a crab."

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: "That is a tiny minute crab!" And, I screamed! [slight laugh]

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: And, my friend, my roommate goes, "What's the matter, dude?" And, I go, "I have crabs!"

Quote:
Tom: [laughs] You told him?
Michael: And, he's like, "So what, man, go get cream at the ****ing store! At How Chin's, it's a grocery store." And, I remember going to the grocery store, and going down an aisle, and I looked for like crab cream. You know, and for, and I stole it!

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: Cause I was too embarrassed to pay for it. Could you imagine if I got caught stealing crab cream?!? That'd be way more...

Quote:
Tom: Security guard be like, "What you, what'd you got, oh, yeah. Just go."
Michael: "Take this, man."

Quote:
Tom: "Just get out of here."
Michael: "I don't wanna embarrass you anymore."

Quote:
Tom: "Don't come back."
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Stay tuned for Part 03 of 10!
Old 12-23-2017, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Awesome!
Old 12-24-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 03 of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:17:56 - 00:25:55

Michael: So, all right, so where were we? So, I want to, I wanna get into the modeling thing. You're working construction at the time.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I was doing construction. And, I went out to...
Michael: Were you one of those guys who took their shirt off and looked hot?

Quote:
Tom: No. [slight laugh]
Michael: No? Didn't do that?

Quote:
Tom: I went over to, uh, uh a buddy of mine had a girlfriend in Nantucket, and so we drove out there for, I don't know, like a week.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: And, just like crash, and uh, yeah, ran in, this girl walked up to me on the beach. and was like, talking about modeling. And, I was like, "Yeah. I've heard about this." Like, you know...
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: I've heard...
Michael: You've heard about modeling! [laughs]

Quote:
Tom: I've heard about modeling. Like, I know people who, like, you know, they pay other people money, so they can model. Like...

Quote:
Tom: Like I knew guys who, they would spend five thousand dollars so that they could then go model.

Quote:
Tom: I'm like, "I don't think that's the way to do it." She's like, "No, no, no, we pay you.", and blah, blah, blah, and went out and shot, uh, Abercrombie and Fitch catalog with Bruce Weber, who's actually a big high time, who I didn't know anything about...
Michael: How much did you, is this the first time you had real money?

Quote:
Michael: How much did you make on this commercial?

Quote:
Tom: Um, that, that was just a catalog. That was like a, like a, you know, Abercrombie and Fitch.

Quote:
Tom: They used to come out with those things.

Quote:
Tom: It must have been, it was like five or ten thousand dollars. I think it was something like that.
Michael: Five or ten thousand dollars?

Quote:
Tom: Like out of nowhere.
Michael: How old were you?

Quote:
Tom: S...I guess, eighteen.
Michael: Eighteen?!

Quote:
Michael: Ten thousand dollars for taking pictures!

Quote:
Tom: And, I'm like, "This is, this could work."
Michael: "This is great!"

Quote:
Tom: "It's a lot better than sweeping floors at an office, like, in a construction building." Yeah.
Michael: Right. That's what you're doing? Sweeping floors?

Quote:
Michael: So, so now, this starts.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You start booking jobs.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I wasn't really good at the whole modeling thing because I was too tall. I was too like big., even when...

Quote:
Tom: Even, even when I, you know, did the whole like "get skinny" thing, I was still too, a, they want, they wanted like six one, one sixty guys.
Michael: They want these skinny guys.

Quote:
Michael: Real skinny guys.

Quote:
Tom: And, at the point, I was already like six three, and I was, I was already too big.
Michael: Did you have a girlfriend? Did you get girls in high school? Girls like you?

Quote:
Tom: There were girls around, yeah.
Michael: Do you remember one specifically, like, even like now when you're with your girlfriend or fiance?

Quote:
Tom: [laughs] No. [slight laugh]
Michael: Do you ever think of her and go, "Man, I miss those boobs."

Quote:
Michael: You don't do that?

Quote:
Michael: I still do that, sometimes.

Quote:
Tom: Sometimes, you think about, you know, the ones maybe you didn't get. Or the ones, like, "Oh, yeah. I guess that wasn't, you know, it wasn't so bad."
Michael: I always wanted to sleep with Sarah Ferguson. She was hot.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: She was so beautiful, but she wouldn't even look at me.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: Did you ever, did you ever like, look up what she looks like now?
Michael: Uh, yeah, she, you know, she's fine. Remember, I'm forty-five. I'm older than you. So, now, you can't look at people and go, "God! Look What Happened?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You gotta go just like, "Hey, they're forty-five years old. They're not eighteen."

Quote:
Tom: Yeah, but, good...
Michael: "Seventeen."

Quote:
Tom: You know, good for forty-five?
Michael: Yeah! Sure!

Quote:
Tom: Why don't you reach out?
Michael: She's married with three kids.

Quote:
Tom: Oh!
Michael: No, no. I don't wanna break-up a marriage in Indiana.

Quote:
Tom: Oh, God. I didn't know she was married. [laughs]
Michael: I just say her name. We don't have to get into the "What, what could happen?"

Quote:
Tom: [laughing] What town in Indiana?
Michael: It was Evanswood, Indiana. We were ranked the most obese city in the country a few years ago.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And the most depressed, but I love going back.

Quote:
Tom: I'm gonna Google Search Sarah Ferguson.
Michael: Sarah Ferguson, in, actually it was Newberg, Indiana.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Don Mattingly's from Evansville.

Quote:
Michael: They shot the Rose-Ann House. Jamie Carroll, who played baseball. Those are the pretty much the claiming names.

Quote:
Tom: And you!
Michael: You What?

Quote:
Tom: And you.
Michael: And, me. And, me. And, I'm not even...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: In the high school super star list on the wall.

Quote:
Tom: Why Not?
Michael: I think that, I don't know.

Quote:
Tom: You gotta go back there.
Michael: You wanna know why I don't...

Quote:
Tom: And play a concert.
Michael: I did this movie, I directed Back In The Day.

Quote:
Michael: I talked about this before. And, and, you know, it was a, it was a dirty movie.

Quote:
Michael: It wasn't a clean movie. And, you know, some of the things took place at the high school, and I don't think they appreciated it. And, uh, they took it, I guess, I don't know. But, I think...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: That has something to do with it.

Quote:
Tom: You shot it at that high school?
Michael: Yeah. The principal, the guy who was, actually the principal, at the time, and I told him he didn't have to do this, but he insisted. There's a scene where some guy's dick is shown right near his face. Like, he pops up in the back of the truck.

Quote:
Tom Slightly Laughs.
Michael: And, I go, "You don't have to do this. You're the principal." [Imitating Principal] "No! No! I'm doing it." And, so he did the scene, and there's a slow motion, a hundred and twenty, uh, frames a second.

Quote:
Tom: Oh My God.
Michael: Coming up this dick right behind the rear view mirror.

Quote:
Tom's Face Is Priceless.
Michael: And, the car, the truck he's driving, he looks behind him, "Oh My God!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I guess, he got some **** for it, and he ended up quitting. He's a good friend of mine, now. He didn't blame me. I mean, he actually, he blamed me to the board, and said, "I didn't know about this."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: But, I go, "I get it.I would have lied too."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: But, he knew, so. And, then people thought I was like, misrepresenting the principal. I'm like, "That wasn't even, that was just an actor. It wasn't, he wasn't representing, he wasn't like the principal."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: "This guy was fat in the movie. Our principal was thin." I don't know. They, I think they took it, some, you know.

Quote:
Tom: People like to figure out things to complain about, make things up.
Michael: So, what, when was the first acting thing start? By the way, did you, were you like one of these guys who were just going with the flow? Did you kind of think, "Hey, I'm cool man. I'm modeling."

Quote:
Tom: No. I thought this is, uh, you know, under the guise of, you know, "modeling"...
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: I can move to Europe and travel around, and you know, travel. So, I would go to some of these castings, and not get em, most of em, and be like, "Alright, cool." And, jump on a train and take off for the weekend and go check out some city somewhere. Um, whether it was in, you know, Italy or you know, we talked about Germany. I lived in Munich for like three months. And, I just sort of like ran around.

Quote:
Tom: It was fun.
Michael: You know, what's funny is you're so ****ing humble. I try to get **** out of you sometimes.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, it's true. It's like, even on set or whatever, you're just what I've come to find is like, at first there's time like, "Ah, you know, this twenty year old punk, he's coming, he's doing Smallville."

Quote:
Tom Slightly Laughs.
Michael: "And, you know, I've been busting my ass."

Quote:
Michael: "And, now, I gotta play, he's the good-looking guy. And, I'm the bald freak, and uh..."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: But, you know, all these things. But, you were always so humble. And, you never, like, you, I read, somewhere, and I think you told me this. You're like, "I don't like interviews. I just don't, I like to do my job and go home."

Quote:
Michael: And, I was like...

Quote:
Michael: "Come on. Come on!"

Quote:
Michael: But you have to do interviews sometimes.

Quote:
Michael: You didn't have to do this!

Quote:
Michael: But we're buddies and you did it.

Quote:
Michael: In fact, we did another thing that didn't air cause it didn't get picked up by Syfy. They're Idiots.

Quote:
Michael: I don't know what they're...

Quote:
Tom: By the way, not only did I have fun doing that, I had fun watching it.
Michael: Wasn't that fun?!?

Quote:
Tom: Even watching it, I would laugh my ass off.
Michael: I gotta somehow air that!

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I think it was fun.
Michael: You were so funny, and we had so much fun.

Quote:
Tom: It was hilarious.
Michael: And genuine laughs.

Quote:
Michael: Yeah, and so I gotta get that. That was like, uh, it was called Super Friends With Rosenbaum.

Quote:
Michael: So, I, I had to change this to Inside Of You With Rosenbaum, in case they wanted to sue me.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: Well, the other thing about interviews, you know, people say, "Yeah, but, you know, take, do the interview, and it's your opportunity to tell the industry and tell people how you really feel and what you're doing in, I'm like...

Quote:
Tom: "But, I don't, I'm not interested in telling anyone." Like, "what?" I don't even like listening to what I think or say. [slight laugh]
Michael: They're just finding something's that provocative.

Quote:
Michael: They wanna find something about you that they can make a spin, they can do a spin of it.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. Do you remember that time we did that Rolling Stones' Interview?
Michael: Ohhhh My God!

Quote:
Tom: And, we caught that guy trying to record our conversation, without telling us.
Michael: Yeahhhhh!

Quote:
Tom: Do you remember that?
Michael: Yeah. And, then they wrote something about me and my balls and all that stuff.

Quote:
Tom: It was weird.
Michael: It was weird. They aired everything. Yeah.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah, and well, so, anyway, early on, you know, we get that opportunity, and that happens.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: So, then I'm like, "Well, you know, I tried!"
Michael: Well...

Quote:
Tom: "And, then, this is what people do?" Like, "Why, why do interviews?"
Michael: Yeah. "This is why I don't."

Quote:
Tom: "This is why I don't."
Michael: Look it's Rolling Stones, "You have to do it, Tom!"

Quote:
Michael: "The WB's saying you gotta do this interview."

Quote:
Michael: And, then you're like, "Listen, ****ers, this is why I don't wanna do all these interviews."

Quote:
Michael: You know, and I was like, "Look, I'll take his interviews."

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Quote:
Tom: Yeah. That's Right!
Michael: "I don't wanna, I don't wanna just be Page 74 or Sci-Fi Weekly."

Quote:
Tom: That's Right. [laughs] That's Right.
Michael: "I will take the cover of Entertainment Weekly."

Quote:
Tom: That's Right.
Michael: "Why am I not on there?!?" I think I was on there. They cut me out. It didn't matter. It was fine.

Quote:
Tom: The, uh, you know, [clears throat] there were so much going on at that early, and I had no idea what I was doing. You know, another thing that I realized is there were things that happened on that show and because I had zero experience, I just accepted for reality.

Quote:
Tom: Whether it was the hours or the locations or shooting where we were.
Michael: No ****.

Quote:
Tom: Or other things, and I remember, you being like, "Dude, it's not supposed to be like this." Because you'd, you had been around. You, you knew...
Michael: A little bit, yeah.

Quote:
Tom: What things should be and when they were wrong or when you're out, I always, I always refer to this, but when you're out in the freezing rain of Vancouver, and there's rain towers and you know, it's clear that the [slight laugh] the situation has not been planned the way it should.
Michael: And, and you, you were driving, or all of us are driving an hour to a location at four thirty in the morning with one eye open.

Quote:
Michael: And, you're in every scene.

Quote:
Tom Nods.
Michael: And, I think that, that got to a point where we all like...

Quote:
Michael: Signed a letter for you.

Quote:
Michael: Because we were like, "You're gonna kill Superman." [laughs]

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I think, I think...
Michael: "You're gonna kill our Superman."

Quote:
Tom: From what I remember, I don't know if it was you or Schneider, or somebody, but unbeknownst to me because I saw, I was just told it was already done.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: But, you guys all signed something. Because we weren't, you know, for the listeners, we weren't allowed to have drivers for some reason. And, but, yeah, you know, I was getting up at four-thirty, driving an hour and half, working an eighteen hour day.

Quote:
Tom: Then, driving back. Sleeping five hours. And, you guys were like, "Well, he's gonna die."

Quote:
Tom: "He's gonna run into a tree, and the show's gonna be over." So, you guys kinda gave up, you know, you waived your rights to "if one had a driver, everybody had a driver".

Quote:
Tom: So, then I gotta driver. And, that was, uh, that was a big difference.
Stay tuned for Part 04 Of 10!
Old 12-24-2017, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Great job
Old 12-25-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 04 Of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:25:56 - 00:30:14

Michael: And, now a word from our sponsor. I love saying that. Let me tell you about Audible, folks. Audible is, uh, awesome. Audible offers a selection of audio books, original audio programs, comedy, news, etc. etc. They have tons of stuff. Uh, they have the great listener guarantee, which is pretty cool. You don't like what you bought, you could exchange it for something you do like. The other day, my agent sent me a script for this movie, and I found out it was based on a book. So, guess what I did? Yeah. I went to audible. I didn't have to read ****. I just went there, and I listened, and it was great. I didn't get the part. Apparently, the screenplay was just adapted from the book. My Bad. Audible offers Inside Of You listeners a free audio book with a thirty day trial membership. Go to audible.com/insideofyou and browse their massive selection. audible.com/insideofyou. That's audible.com/insideofyou. Start Listening. Get a free audio book.

Michael: Can I tell you something?

Quote:
Tom: Mmmm.
Michael: This is true. I actually said, uh,...

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: "I'd like a driver."

Quote:
Tom: Ah, I bet that...
Michael: And, they gave me a stipend.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: It was like a thousand dollars a week.

Quote:
Tom: Nice.
Michael: And, uh, I didn't get a driver.

Quote:
Michael: I kept driving, but I kept the thousand.

Quote:
Tom: [slight laugh] Good for you.
Michael: I just wanna be honest with ya.

Quote:
Tom: Paid for your ticket to get up there.
Michael: Yeah. Yeah. Um, so what was, so you're modeling...

Quote:
Tom: Mmmm.
Michael: And, I'm sure you told the story, but like, so you did Judging Amy. How'd that happen? Was that the first thing?

Quote:
Michael: Was that the first kinda acting gig?

Quote:
Tom: [Tom Sniffs] [Adjusts On Coach] The first thing I ever auditioned for was Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but it was in New York. And, I didn't, I mean, I didn't know how to, how do you learn lines? Like you, I just...
Michael: You didn't know anything.

Quote:
Tom: I didn't know anything. So, I went in there, and I didn't get the part, but they, Fox offered me a, a holding deal, out of nowhere. And, well, not out of nowhere.
Michael: Unbelievable!

Quote:
Tom: [Laughs] Yeah.
Michael: "Hey, you didn't get the part, but we like you."

Quote:
Michael: "We're gonna give you money for a holding deal."

Quote:
Michael: Back then, they had holding deals, and they give you a hundred thousand dollars.

Quote:
Michael: To hold you for.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. This one. This one, I think, was fifty, fifty grand.
Michael: Oh, fifty grand.

Quote:
Tom: Move out to LA.
Michael: Yeah, bro.

Quote:
Tom: And, you know, and I was like, and everybody's like, "Sign it. Sign it." And, I'm like, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's do the math here." Let's, you know, this is, this is how my brain works. So, cut that in half for taxes.
Michael: Mmhmmm.

Quote:
Tom: I don't have a car.
Michael: Twenty-five.

Quote:
Tom: I'm gonna have to buy a car. I gotta...
Michael: Sounds like your divorce.

Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Michael: Cut in half.

[Quote] Tom: Oh, there you go!

Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: Jesus! [laughs]
Michael: Jesus Christ. We'll get into that.

Quote:
Tom: And, then, um, you know, get a place to live, buy a car, blah, blah, blah.
Michael: Agent. This. That.

Quote:
Tom: At the end of it...
Michael: It's nothing.

Quote:
Tom: You, it's not enough.
Michael: And, they own you.

Quote:
Tom: And, they own you.

Quote:
Tom: And, that's the part I really didn't like.

Quote:
Tom: So, I turned that down, but moved to LA, and then spent about six months auditioning and having people, "Oh, you know, you're just a little green. You're just a little green." I'm like, "What does that mean?" Nobody could tell me what that meant.
Michael: Did you rage at all when you first moved out to LA? Cause like, when you're young, you gotta rage a little.

Quote:
Tom: No. Because, you have to understand, I had just spend two years living in Europe, bouncing around, quote on quote "Modeling", and then in New York. Like, I had already...
Michael: So, you'd already partied.

Quote:
Tom: I had already had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Tom: So, it wasn't...
Michael: You wanted to get down to business.

Quote:
Michael: What's the next step?

Quote:
Michael: And, what was the next step?

Quote:
Tom: Well, I ended up getting Judging Amy, and...
Michael: You auditioned for that?

Quote:
Tom: I did. Um, that's kind of a funny story.
Michael: Did you make out with Amy?

Quote:
Tom: I did.
Michael: How was that?

Quote:
Tom: She was... [Adjusts On Sofa] And, she was pregnant at the time.
Michael: Was there tongue work?

Quote:
Tom: No. I don't think so. I don't remember. But I wasn't supposed to...
Michael: But, did you try?

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I mean, a guy who didn't know what he was doing, did you figure if we're kissing in a scene, we're doing tongue.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: I'm not gonna go on a date and...

Quote:
Tom: You know...
Michael: Kiss a girl and go, [purses lips] "Ohhmmh".

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: With no tongue. It's weird. She's like, "What are you, eight?" You gotta put the tongue in there.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: So, did you not try to "Judge Amy"? Or, did you...

Quote:
Tom: I don't think I...
Michael: Or, you'd thought she judge you if you did that?

Quote:
Tom: I don't, I don't remember. You, I'll probably go back and watch it.
Michael: Did she have fresh breath? I'm...

Quote:
Tom: Uh, she must have cause I don't remember her not.
Michael: Oh, cause you can always remember the bad breath.

Quote:

Quote:
Tom: But, I went in on, went into that audition, and it was me. I was like, I don't know. Twenty-one or twenty-two.

Quote:
Tom: And, all these guys in the room are like forty-five, and I'm like, "My ****ing agent sucks!"
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: Like, I knew from even like the modeling world.
Michael: "What is he doing?!?"

Quote:
Tom: Cause if you walk into a room, and there's a bunch of like, skinny blonde hair guys, and you're like a big dark-haired guy, like...

[Quote] Tom: You're getting sent to the wrong ****ing place.

Quote:
Tom: So, I'm like, "Mother****er." And, blah, blah, blah, so did the audition, and I got a call a week later. It turns out, they had been looking for an older guy. They cast the guy. He couldn't do the job, so they're gonna re-write it, so that her boy, her character's boyfriend is twenty years younger.
Michael: Ohhhhh.

Quote:
Tom: So, they're like, "We want you to come in."
Michael: Really? [Takes Off Glasses.]

Quote:
Tom: So, that's how that happened, and right at the end of that is when the Smallville thing happened. So, then I was gone to Vancouver. So, it all, it all did happen quick, even if it wasn't.
Stay tuned for Part 05!
Old 12-25-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Great work!
Old 12-26-2017, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 05 Of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:30:15 - 00:39:02

Michael: So wait, what was the thing with Smallville? Was it, was it one of these things where you're just like, they say, "Hey, there's this young Superman show..."

Quote:
Michael: And, you weren't interested at first.

Quote:
Tom Adjusts And Hits Mike.
Quote:
Tom: No. I was like, "That sounds horrible."
Michael: I wasn't interested either.

Quote:
Tom: "That sounds horrible."
Michael: Yeah. I was like, "Oh, gosh, this is gonna be the next whatever."

Quote:
Tom: Right...
Michael: "It's gonna be goofy."

Quote:
Tom: Cause you have to. You remember, there wasn't anything like that show on.
Michael: No. You thought it was gonna be a soap opera.

Quote:
Michael: WB was only making soap operas.

Quote:
Michael: Now, we didn't want to be in a soap opera.

Quote:
Tom: That's right.
Michael: And, I thought, "You know, I'm doing movies. I'm, things are happening. And, you know I..."

Quote:
Michael: So what, so what was it that, uh...

Quote:
Tom: Well, they said. I know now that it was David Nutter who had spoken to my reps at the time and be just like, "Have him come in. Read the script."
Michael: What a talent.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. He's great. I just saw him a couple of weeks ago.
Michael: Did you see the Game Of Thrones episodes? The guy is just phenomenal.

Quote:
Tom: He's a genius.
Michael: And he was phenomenal with this Pilot.

Quote:
Michael: He made, you know, by the way, if you guys don't know this, if you shoot the Pilot on a TV show, you get like five thousand dollars or ten thousand dollars for every episode it goes on.

Quote:
Michael: So, when we did, three hundred episodes, he would just get cheques.

Quote:
Tom Nodding.
Michael: What's five hundred, how many episodes did Smallville do?

Quote:
Tom: Oh, I guess. What? Two...
Michael: Two hundred something?

Quote:
Tom: Two hundred and twenty.
Michael: What's two twenty times five? Rob!

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: The ****!

Quote:
Tom Looking At Rob & Waiting.
Michael: Oh, God! One ****ing question.

Quote:
Tom: He's not, he's not even pretending to listen.
Michael: He's not even there! [laughs]

Quote:
Tom: [laughing] He's not even pretending to listen.
Rob: It's a million dollars.

Michael: It's a million dollars. You get a million dollars for it, but he really started out. It was his...Pilot.

Quote:
Tom: He's the most successful Pilot director.
Michael: So, go ahead.

Quote:
Tom: Mmhmmm. [clears throat]
Michael: You met with David Nutter.

Quote:
Tom: Well, no I didn't even meet him. I went in and read the script, and I was like, "Oh, wait a minute. This isn't a young Superman running around. This is about a kid in high school. He's trying to..."

Quote:
Tom: "Figure out who he is and what his thing is." So, then I was like, "All right, cool. I have a couple of questions." And, I met with Al and Miles.
Michael: Yeah. I did too.

Quote:
Tom: And, I had some questions about like, just what are we doing?
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: And, are we gonna, is he gonna be flying around? And, is he gonna put the suit on and all these things? And, they were like, "No. Never. Never the suit."
Michael: All right.

Quote:
Tom: "No Flights. No Tights."

Quote:
Tom: It was kind of funny how they, they got us to, you know, kinda do it with these alter-ego characters that we played.

Quote:
Tom: You did as well, I remember. The whole Zod thing or whatever that was.
Michael: Oh, yeah.

Quote:
Tom: You...
Michael: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: God, I felt so stupid wearing that suit.

Quote:
Tom: You come into...
Michael: "KNEEL TO ZOD!"

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, I give like a Hitler thing or whatever, I don't know.

Quote:
Tom: You came, we were out at the farm one time...
Michael: Oh, ****.

Quote:
Tom: And, you came down...
Michael: Mortified.

Quote:
Tom: On wires. [laughs]
Michael: You guys don't understand this.

Quote:
Tom: And, you guys were like, you were like, I don't know what you're line was, but then you started to just turn...[laughs]
Michael: And, you were laughing your dick off. ****ing, laughing your dick off!

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Quote:
Tom: It was the most f...Oh, God.
Michael: Dude, I remember...

Quote:
Tom: ****. It was...
Michael: Like they had me on wires just like trench coat that was longer than me.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I'm up there. And, I'm supposed to be Zod. And, I don't know how to act like Zod.

Quote:
Tom: You were like hovering. You were...
Michael: And, I'm supposed to be this powerful man.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I just like get, I'm elevating. And, then I get down on the ground, and I just go. They crew's all there, and they see me on wires. And, I'm just like embarrassed. I'm like, "THIS IS STUPID!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "People are gonna la...I'll never work again!" Now, we'll meet people out there, our fans and our friends and everybody see it...

Quote:
Tom: Oh, God.
Michael: They're like, "Hey. That looked really cool."

Quote:
Michael: The effects were...

Quote:
Michael: Above it, you know, before it's time.

Quote:
Michael: And, it's, you know, we just fell into something that was just one of the most special...

Quote:
Michael: And, it was before social media.

Quote:

Quote:
Tom: I remember getting Blackberries, and then like years later...
Michael: Oh, yeah.

Quote:
Tom: The IPhones...Like this, this was all way before this stuff.
Michael: Way before. And, it's just that, even if you, I saw an episode not too long ago, and I saw the effects, and I was like, "They still hold up."

Quote:
Michael: I'm like, "How did they do that? This is before..." And then all of the floodgates open with The Flash and uh...

Quote:
Tom: Oh, Arrow.
Michael: Arrow, and everything! And, God bless em, and I hope they're all, you know, they're huge.

Quote:
Michael: And people love em, but...

Quote:
Tom: Well, Glen Winter went on to create a lot of them.
Michael: It sort of started with us.

Quote:
Tom: It, I mean, it totally did.
Michael: It did.

Quote:
Tom: Like, I'm not even, it did.
Michael: It was the whole...

Quote:
Tom: We were the first one.
Michael: And people don't understand that, it's, it's not like, um, "Hey, it's a good director."

Quote:
Michael: You have to have a great script, a great director, you know, great writers, actors that you like.

Quote:
Michael: I mean, they don't have to be great, but you have to like them.

Quote:
Tom: Yep.
Michael: You have to be invested. Mm-hmm. I have a cold.

Quote:
Tom Slight Laugh.
Michael: All these elements have to line up for a hit show.

Quote:
Michael: And, they just happen, and I had done a lot of ****. I remember calling my dad up, going, "You know, hey, Dad, I doing this movie!" He's like, [Imitating Father] "Who's in it?" Like...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "Well, nobody you know. It's an independent."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "Independent? That doesn't sound real. That's not a movie."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: "An independent, they don't call these movies, "independent movies", they're movies."

Quote:
Tom: "What do you mean? Nobody, nobody really wanted to make them?
Michael: Yeah!

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: My dad was like a dick. I love him, but he's a dick, ****ing dick.

Quote:
Tom Laughs & Drinks.
Michael: And, then when I saw, David Nutter brought me in to do ADR, which what stands for Additional Dialogue Recording, I believe. Something like that.

Quote:
Tom: Looping.
Michael: He goes, "Do you wanna see the beginning of the Pilot?" And, I go, "I guess. Give me another show that just sucks. Go ahead."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Another Rosen-Bomb.

Quote:
Tom: And, you're like, "Oh My God."
Michael: And I, I walked out of the room, and I called my mom and dad, [clears throat] and I said, "I'm on a hit show."

Quote:
Michael: "And, I think people might recognize me after this."

Quote:
Michael: It's the first time I ever said it. I never was like, "Oh, this is gonna be huge. This is gonna be huge!"

Quote:
Michael: I said, "This is it."

Quote:
Michael: And, I never had said that before. They were like, "Really?!?"

Quote:
Michael: [Imitating Father] "So, it's not an "independent movie", Michael?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "No, Dad. And, **** yourself, independently."

Quote:
Tom: As soon as that theme song kicks in, you know, in, in the trailer, even now, I mean, not that, I haven't seen it in a while, but when it, you know, said, that song "Somebody Save Me". I'm sure you...
Michael Brings Out Guitar.

Michael: How does that song go?

Quote:
Tom: [Slightly Sings] "Somebody Save Me..."
Michael: [Sings] "Somebody Save Me..."

Quote:
Tom: There you go.
Michael: [Singing] "I don't care how you do it."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: [Singing & Playing Guitar] Mother ****ing, "Just Save Me." God, we hated that song for so long, but it was a good song.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. As good as, uh, that sounds, watching you do that is horrible. [laughs]
Michael: Why is that?

Quote:
Tom: It was hilarious.
Michael: Oh, yeah. [laughs] It was horrible. I play upside down and backwards.

Quote:
Tom: I know.
Michael: I don't even know the chords to that song. That was just done, improvised, as we like to call it.

Quote:
Tom: I like that.
Michael: So, BAM! Smallville!

Quote:
Michael: Everything changes.

Quote:
Michael: Now, people are calling you...

Quote:
Michael: My dog's barking. He's upstairs. So, Cause we're doing this interview in my living room. Um, so now, what happens when you, I mean, super stardom. You just went from like, "Hey, I'm modeling a little and living in LA." to a twenty-two year old rock star.

Quote:
Tom: Well, we were a little isolated cause I think we were up in Vancouver, so...
Michael: That helped.

Quote:
Tom: That helped.
Michael: God, did that help.

Quote:
Tom: And, the work load was just...
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: Like, nobody can tell you, nobody, I can't, couldn't even tell somebody how to handle something like that because they're going...
Michael: No.

Quote:
Tom: You're working all those hours, and then they're going, "Oh, and now you have to do the press. Now you have to do a photo shoot."

Quote:
Tom: And, I was just like, "Whoa, you guys, **** off."

Quote:
Tom: Like, "I gotta do my work here."
Michael: I always say this. I say, "Tom, this is, these are first world problems for us."

Quote:
Michael: This is like, we're like, but at the same time, when you commit to a show and you're working like, you especially, and I worked a lot.

Quote:
Tom: You did, yeah.
Michael: But, you're working...

Quote:
Tom: And, you had travel, too. I mean, you would fly out to, you would...
Michael: I travel. I had to shave my head and all that.

Quote:
Michael: But, whatever. The point is, ten years of your life.

Quote:
Michael: Really? Was that show.

Quote:
Tom: Ten years.
Michael: That was your family. That was the show. You're in Vancouver. And, you lost, not to say, I hate to say the word, "lost", but from twenty-two to thirty-two, or whatever, twenty-five, whatever...

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I had, I had no life, to speak of, yeah.
Michael: Those years...

Quote:
Michael: When you could have been broke, and, but could have been living.

Quote:
Michael: And traveling.

Quote:
Michael: And doing whatever. Those were ten years where you made a lot of money, and you just didn't have a life.

Quote:
Michael: Right?

Quote:
Tom: Like, zero.
Michael: "And, I wouldn't trade it."

Quote:
Michael: You know?

Quote:
Tom: I would, if I'd, I would do it differently. I would prioritize a little differently to so...
Michael: How would you do that?

Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: Oh, just, I would try to make more of an effort I think to live a life or to enjoy what I was doing.

Quote:
Tom: As opposed to, sort of like, getting mad at it because of you know, the exhaustion. I mean,...

Quote:
Tom: You're in a constant state of like jet lag, when you're, when you're there.

Quote:
Tom: But, you know, Thank God I was surrounded with, and I mean, this sincerely, with you and the other cast members who were all happy, you know, everybody was happy to be there, to do the good work.
Michael: We really did get along.

Quote:
Michael: We did.

Quote:
Tom: Nobody didn't get along, ever.
Michael: Yeah. I, I think, I, I probably lost my cool a couple of times.

Quote:
Tom: I think, I don't remember you...
Michael: You don't remember me losing my cool?

Quote:
Tom: Not like for real losing your cool, like...
Michael: I remember yelling at you.

Quote:
Tom: Really?
Michael: Yeah. I was, uh, directing an episode. But, here's what...

Quote:
Tom: Oh, wait...[thinking] I don't know if...
Michael: And, and Allison's strap broke on her bra or something, I don't ****ing know. The dolly grip broke. Everything was ****ing going crazy.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, we're two hours behind. And, Marshall's already there, and he's the guy producer, who that always crosses his arms? He had a big belly.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, you know, I love, I love and hate Marshall. We got into like almost some brawls.

Quote:
Michael: And, uh, you come on set, and you're like, "Rosenbaum, what the **** are you doing?!?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I go, "**** YOU WELLING!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "****ing Stanley Kubrick Spielberg, **** YOU!"

Quote:
Tom Laughing!
Michael: Cause you'd already directed. And, you go, "Dude, I'm just kidding."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I just looked at you, and you gave me a big hug.

Quote:
Tom: I kinda remember.
Michael: But, that was it. That was the only time, you and I ever...

Quote:
Michael: What's...

Quote:
Tom: But, even then, it's still, you know, it, it was just the foundation of love and support, no matter what. You known, it's like...
Michael: It was.

Quote:
Tom: And, look, we all know, we'd, we'd all felt on our own that breaking point of exhaustion. And, you recognize it.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: You can like smell it on other people when they have it too.

Quote:
Tom: And, the best thing you can do is just sort of...
Michael: Laugh it off.

Quote:
Tom: Laugh it off.
Michael: Just, ****ing, you know, take a Norco.

Quote:
Michael: Just ****ing, chill out.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Stay tuned for Part 06!
Old 12-28-2017, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

How long did this take you to do? I imagine it must have taken you a while!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
How long did this take you to do? I imagine it must have taken you a while!
A Couple Of Months...

Part 06 Of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:39:03- 00:44:08

Michael: Um, I'm, I'm gonna ask you a question. You can say, "**** Off." But, I don't think you will say, "**** Off." We don't have to talk deeply about it, but you know, you were married at a young age.

Quote:
Michael: You were young man.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. [Adjusts On Sofa]
Michael: How old were you?

Quote:
Tom: Uh, uh, I don't even, twenty-f...
Michael: You crossed your legs on this one.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. [sighs]
Michael: I sense discomfort.

Quote:
Michael: I sense the dark side coming.

Quote:
Michael: You never talk about it. You're not a, an open guy.

Quote:
Michael: All I wanna say is this, I ****ing told you not to do it.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: Yeah. You did.
Michael: I told you not to get married.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: That's true.
Michael: And, no offense to your ex-wife. But, I said, "Dude, you're ****ing twenty-two,
man!

Quote:
Michael: Not to be sound disrespectful to women or chauvinistic...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: But, you could have tapped it tap tap tap tap...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Tappity, Tap, Tap Superman Tappity Tap!

Quote:
Tom: I think you were also like, "There's a lot going on right now. Just take a
beat. Like, if you're gonna do it, you can do it next year. But, just try to..."
Michael: Just hang on, man.

Quote:
Tom: "hang on." Yeah.
Michael: I mean, you could have. I mean, I was like, "What is going on?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "He's twenty-two. He doesn't know what he's doing."

Quote:
Michael: Look, she didn't know what she was doing. She was young too.

Quote:
Michael: You were, and somehow, I will say this, you ****ing fought through it, and you
did it as long as you could.

Quote:
Michael: And, that says a lot.

Quote:
Michael: Look, seventy percent of marriages end in divorce or more, you know. And, you,
you, with working so much.

Quote:
Michael: It probably was not easy on the relationship.

Quote:
Tom: No. No.
Michael: No.

Quote:
Tom: It was, there, no.
Michael: You're working eighteen hours a day, and you get home, and all of sudden...

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I wasn't around.
Michael: You know, she wants to talk about something you don't wanna talk about. It's not
is like, it's not just...

Quote:
Michael: You're a rested man.

Quote:
Tom: You don't really have much to, you don't really have much more to give once
you, once you get home, to be honest. Like, un, it's unfortunate. Maybe that's something
that I realized too. Like, you gotta, you gotta suck it up. You gotta give maybe a little
more effort. But, um, that's the part of, if I were to do like the show or that situation
again, being up there and working so much, I think I would have taken a beat to just, um,
experience it in a way of just more joy and appreciation rather than just like...

Quote:
Tom: "Uh, I'm so angry all the time." You know...
Michael: You had to grow up so fast.

Quote:
Michael: And, I still haven't grown up.

Quote:
Tom: I don't know if I [slight laugh] really grew up, but I grew up like professionally, I think I did.
Michael: Yeah. I think...

Quote:
Tom: Because of...
Michael: You've always had a good head on your shoulders even if you play it off
sometimes. You always seem like, you're just a good guy who wants to just, not be left
alone, but sort of just like, "Hey, I just wanna hang out with my friends or my
family..."

Quote:
Michael: "Or my girlfriend." And uh, do you guys, are in contact with your ex anymore?
No? Nothing?

Quote:
Tom: No. [Adjusts On Sofa]
Michael: Zero? I'll be honest with ya...

Quote:
Michael: She, uh, she Facebook Requested me.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I, uh...

Quote:
Tom: That's hilarious.
Michael: And, I just, of course, I couldn't say yes. I mean...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You know, my allegiance is with you.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, I'm, a, you're my pal. I'm not gonna be like, "Hey, how are you?!?"

Quote:
Tom: "What's going on?"
Michael: "You gotta any dirt on Tom?" Like, he's, uh, I had to, I didn't really.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Um, but, uh, you know, I mean, it's a crazy.

Quote:
Michael: My parents were divorced after twenty-seven years. Uh, my mom's in her third
marriage. My sister's marrying for the fourth time.

Quote:
Michael: She's like, "You're coming to my wedding, right?" I'm like, "No, I'm waiting
till your eighth."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "I really like the number eight."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: And, uh, but that's Indiana.

Quote:
Tom: Yeah, so you've seen, you know. No, just, you gotta grow up and you know, I
guess you try to just learn not make the same mistakes, you know.
Michael: Was it a horrible divorce?

Quote:
Tom: Oh, they're, they're never fun.
Michael: They're never fun?

Quote:
Michael: Were you kinda like, "Just take whatever. I don't give a ****."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "Just leave me alone."

Quote:
Tom: I think there was, uh, there's a lot of, uh...
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: One, one person being [slight laugh] rational, one person being irrational
about how that all went. And, at the end, it ended up being rational, so.
Michael: At the end. Here's the thing. At the end, there's a, there's a, there's a light
at the end of the tunnel.

Quote:
Michael: There always is.

Quote:
Michael: Cause, now you're dating someone.

Quote:
Michael: No, you're engaged?

Quote:
Michael: No, you're not.

Quote:
Michael: You're just dating?

Quote:
Michael: I don't know that. I just threw that out there.

Quote:
Tom: That was funny the other day when [slight laugh] you texted me.
Michael: Like, "You're engaged, right?"

Quote:
Tom: No, but you go. [laughs] You texted me, you go, "Hey buddy, um..."
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: "How's it going? I want you to do [slight laugh] my podcast. Yeah, I just broke up with my girlfriend. How's your girl?"
Michael Laughs!

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: And, I was like...
Michael: And, you go, "Ahhhh."

Quote:
Tom: And, I go, "What?!? You broke up with your girlfriend, and now you're texting me about my girl!?! Bring it on, mother ****er, good luck!
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: By the way, she's awesome!

Quote:
Tom: She's terrific.
Reaches For Drink.

Quote:
Tom: She's terrific.
Michael: She's awe... And, uh, how long have you been dating?

Quote:
Tom: A couple of years.
Michael: Jessica?

Quote:
Quote:
Tom Drinks.
Michael: And, her last name is Rose. Wouldn't it be easier if I dated her?

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Jessica Rose-nbaum

Quote:
Tom Adjusts On Sofa.
Michael: Wouldn't that, wouldn't it be easier?

Quote:
Michael: Look, I don't have a chance.

Quote:
Michael: That's one thing you gotta be confident as...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You never have to worry about a girl cheating on you.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You're too handsome, and you're just sweet as hell.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You just don't have to worry about it.

Quote:
Tom: Well, you, I mean, it's always a concern for everybody, but now there's...
Michael: I don't. I don't worry about it. I'm just out. You cheat. You're out.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I'm signing a pre-nup.

Quote:
Tom: Oh, yeah.
Michael: And, here's how, here's why I'm gonna sign a pre-nup if I ever get married.

Here's, just, if I ever get married.

Quote:
Michael: People are like, "You can't say that to a woman. Or, a woman can't say that to a

man. Bull****!

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Here's what you say, "I'm not worried about me leaving you!"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: What if you just fall out of love with me? Then, all of sudden you get
everything I've worked hard for.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: That's ****ed! And, that's not fair! So, let's sign, right here.

Quote:
Michael: I think that's how it should be. It's like...

Quote:
Tom: Now, what if, what if...
Michael: Like, whatever I made, after we're married, great. We'll split it.

Quote:
Tom: What if that person said to you but you need to sign something on that, on their side, too.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: I think you'd be more than happy to do that.
Michael: Absolutely.

Quote:
Michael: Unless, they were really really rich.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I would, no, of course. Of course, I'd sign. It's like, you know.

Quote:
Tom: Like, "What do you mean?"
Michael: I'm not rich, I'm like, you know, I'm not like one of these billionaires. I, but
you know, it's just like, "Hey, I worked hard for this."

Quote:
Michael: "So, you know." Um...

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. I don't, somebody, I don't think somebody should win the lottery for, you know, losing faith in a relationship...
Michael: Right. Or, someone...

Quote:
Tom: Or not, you know, taking part in it.
Michael: "I wanna divorce you, and I wanna have half of everything you have."

Quote:
Michael: That's not fair.

Quote:
Michael: That's not ****ing fair.

Quote:
Tom: Mmmnmmm.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: MMMNNMMM!
Quote:
Tom Laughs!
Stay tuned for Part 07!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, that's dedication!
Old 12-31-2017, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 07 Of 10!:

Timestamp: 00:44:09 - 00:53:09

Michael: Did you enjoy making out with Kristin Kreuk?

Quote:
Tom Adjusts On Sofa.
Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Because I sure as hell did.

Quote:
Tom: I know.
Michael: Lips...Like Butter.

Quote:
Tom: I directed a couple of those episodes.
Michael: Yes. And, I appreciate you allowing me to kiss her longer...

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: Without saying "Cut." You did that for me, didn't ya?

Quote:
Tom: Of course. Um...
Michael: She's like, "Why are we still kissing?!?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: "They're gonna cut this!"

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: "It's Rosenbaum. He begged me before the take."

Quote:
Tom: I think that's actually did...
Michael Laughs!

Quote:
Tom: I think that did happen. And, she was like, "You, guys."
Michael: Oh My God. She was...

Quote:
Tom: She...
Michael: She was a treat.

Quote:
Tom: She was great because, I think, she, she's a, she's a, like she had got that, I think she, she understood you. She understood me. Like, she understood the show. I think she understood the characters.
Michael Drinks.

Michael: Mmhmmm.

Quote:
Tom: She was a, she was perfect in that role...

Quote:
Tom: As, as an actress and as a person. Yeah.
Michael: I remember going up to her and saying, "Hey, I just wanna apologize now and be respectful, but if you know, if I don't plan on getting a boner...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: But it could happen, so uh, I just wanna apologize now."

Quote:
Tom: "And, if it doesn't happen, I, I don't want you to feel insulted."
Michael: Yes. "And, I just want you to know..."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, she's like, "You know, we don't even like have a scene together today, right?"

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: And, I'm like, "I know that. I just feel like it could happen anytime I'm near you."

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: There was a lot of like, "Oh, Michael."
Michael Laughing.

Quote:
Tom: There always was a lot of that.
Michael: There was one co-star that you did. You were always a gentleman. You were always like, you know, you never, you were always committed to your marriage and all that back then.

Quote:
Tom Nodded.
Michael: And, I never saw you like go, but I remember there was girl you were smitten with. Just like you thought she was cute.

Quote:
Tom: I don't, I don't remember.
Michael: There was one girl. Yeah. You do. I forgot her name. Blonde.

Quote:
Tom: Oh, I don't know.
Michael: She was a guest star. I don't know, but I remember...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: We looked at each other, and we were like, [nodding] in your head, you didn't say it! But, I could see it like...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: It was a Jedi, it was like we were Jedi's, we could talk to each other.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: Or, was, what's that, Rob, what's that **** called when you can talk? Tell uh...

Quote:
Tom: Telepathy?
Michael: Telepathy. Thanks for your one right answer for the whole ****ing podcast.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: No!

[Both Looking At Rob.]

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: Did you figure out that equation, yet?
Michael: Yeah. How much money, Rob?

Quote:
Tom: Twenty-Seven...
Michael: No. He said a million.

Rob: Yeah. One Point One Million.

Michael: One Point One Million. Thank you.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: An hour later.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: Um, but I remember going, [nods]

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: You looked at me, and you were just like, "If I wasn't married...

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I'm like, "Mmhmmm." "And I would, if she was interested."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: We both, that's what was said without saying.

Quote:
Tom: "If she was interested in me." I can just see you being like, "Man, I swear. She even would." [laughs]
Michael: So, you, you, you've done a lot of other ****. I mean, people like, at first, it was like you know, I think when you're younger, and you get on a show, and you're like, "I'm Lex Luthor."

Quote:
Michael: "And, God, I want to do other things, though."

Quote:
Tom: Well...
Michael: And, a lot of other actors will go, "And, I don't wanna talk about that. I don't wanna... "

Quote:
Michael: There comes a time where you either like, look, I think, I embrace the **** of it, and I think you do too now. It's one of those things...

Quote:
Tom: I do now, yeah.
Michael: Yeah. It took time because...

Quote:
Tom: It took a while.
Michael: It's hard playing the same role, and you're like, "Hey, I'd like people to see me as another, you know, some other role."

Quote:
Michael: Yet, you have all these fans that support you and watch you in whatever you do.

Quote:
Tom Nods.
Michael: And, to me, if somebody said, I think we've talked about this before in the show that never aired. But, it was like, you know, if this was all we did...

Quote:
Michael: Would it be enough?

Quote:
Michael: And, I'm like, "****, yeah. I was a legendary character for seven years. You were for ten years."

Quote:
Michael: You made some money. You have fans.

Quote:
Michael: People enjoyed you. People, like, soldiers from Iraq would say we watched...

Quote:
Michael: Sets of, of Smallville, and it saved our lives.

Quote:
Michael: And, I didn't believe. I was like, "This is impossible." But, we touched some many people that, is it, do...

Quote:
Tom: Well...
Michael: Don't you feel the same way?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah, I think now that the show's been over, I think we've had time to sort of...
Michael: Reflect?

Quote:
Tom: have those, reflect and have those experiences to understand that.
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: Because when you're, when you're up there shooting it, you don't get to see the people...
Michael: That's all there is!

Quote:
Tom: You don't meet the people who are actually fans and watching the show.
Michael: Right. Right.

Quote:
Tom: So, you don't, you know, to you, it's just a lot of hard work, you know.

Quote:
Tom: Um, but then you get a beat, and maybe you go to Comic Con or maybe you go and, and instead of being out in front of a bunch of, um, um, uh, like uh, what do you call them? Like, interview people...

Quote:
Tom: Who are just trying to like find something out about you. You're actually in front of your fans, who just really appreciate what you're doing. And, that's, that's when it like, "Oh, wow. This is actually cool."
Michael: It's, in a way, it's like unconditional love.

Quote:
Michael: It's like, "I, I loved you, and you gave me so much entertainment for all these years."

Quote:
Michael: And, it's something really beautiful about that, so I'll go to conventions and people come up, and it's, I'm, it's shocking to me.

Quote:
Tom: It's joy, yeah.
Michael: It's joy. And, I'm shocked like they, like, "My dad was sick, and I watched, we watched this. This was our show together."

Quote:
Michael: And, you don't think about those things when you're doing a show, and you're working and you're this.

Quote:
Michael: But, there's pretty, something pretty ****ing cool about that.

Quote:
Michael: But, you went on to do a lot of things. You worked with Steve Martin.

Quote:
Michael: For Cheaper By The Dozen One.

Quote:
Tom: You did too. Your buddy.
Michael: We almost worked with him at the same time.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Michael: I had to wear a bad wig, which ****ing pissed me off.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: I looked like ****. I had to wear these wigs.

Quote:
Tom Laughing.
Michael: During that seven years, dude, I mean, I shouldn't have done anything.

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Because it's just all these bad wigs. I worked with Wes Craven...

Quote:
Tom: Yeah...
Michael: A ****ty wig there... Oh! But, you worked with Steve Martin. Was that, that was, you loved that?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. That was fun. That was fun. That was...
Michael: Was he nice to you? Did you eat with him?

Quote:
Michael: Did you hang out with him?

Quote:
Michael: Anything funny happen with Steve Martin?

Quote:
Tom: Um, yeah. He, let's see. I mean, he was, he was, he, you know, as you know, he doesn't really tell jokes. It's just sort of like the way he sees the world. It's sort of different.

Quote:
Tom: But, there was an experience, I think it was in, it was on the f..., yeah.
One of the first weeks I was working on Cheaper By The Dozen and we were out at the family house in the country, and I was walking down the hill back to where the trailers are, by myself, and I heard a banjo playing.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: And, I walked around the, you know we have all these trailers set up. And, I walked around, and I stuck my head up around a corner, and I saw this horse up against the fence with his head over the fence. And, it's like a weird like, I can see it. It was like a camera shot.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: I went like across the body of the horse to the head down to the banjo to the hands playing the banjo, and then I look up and it's Steve Martin playing a banjo and this horse's head, nose is like an inch from the banjo.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: And, he's just playing. And, I'm like, I just stood there. I'm like, this is the funniest, like, it's literally so funny, I couldn't laugh. That's how amazing it was. And, he looks over, and he finishes playing. And, the horse kind of goes away. And, I, "When did you start playing [slight laugh] banjo, Steve?"
Michael Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: It's like our first conversation.
Michael: Or, "quit horsing around."

Quote:
Michael: "We gotta shoot something here, buddy."

Quote:
Tom: And, he goes, he goes, about, uh, I think he said, "Well, twenty years ago, um, I figured if I started playing the banjo, uh twenty years later, I'd be good at it."
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: And, as you know now, he tours.

Quote:
Tom: And, he's like one of the best banjo players in the world, but, anyway that was like the first conversation I had with him, so that was a good kickoff point.
Michael: And, you worked with, uh, uh, Kevin Costner.

Quote:
Tom: Mmhmmm. That was cool.
Michael: You played a football player. You played a quarterback.

Quote:
Tom: Kevin was cool because...
Michael: What was the movie?

Quote:
Tom: Um, Draft Day.
Michael: Draft Day!

Quote:
Tom: Which is, I really liked that.

Quote:
Tom: That's a movie, like if I see it on...

Quote:
Tom: I'll watch the movie. It's fun.
Michael: It's always nice when you like, like a movie even if it didn't do well.

Quote:
Michael: Like, I have that movie, like Sorority Boys.

Quote:
Michael: Where I just, it's a cult. I just love it. We had, we had so much fun on set.

Quote:
Michael: It's just the memory.

Quote:
Michael: But, how was Kevin Costner?

Quote:
Tom: He was great. One of the first, I think the first scene I had with him, I have to yell at him and get in his face. And, the first take...
Michael: Your first day?!?

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. And...
Michael: Ohhhhh...

Quote:
Tom: So, I get in his face and I'm yelling at, yelling at him, and then I just sort of realize I'm talking, like I'm working with Kevin Costner, like it hits me right in the middle of my line.
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: My big paragraph! And, I just go blank. And, I was like, "Uhhhhh." And, they were, "Cut. All right. Let's go again." And, I was like, "****. ****."
Michael: Were you nervous? Is that what happened all of a sudden?

Quote:
Tom: I guess. It finally came out.
Michael: You know that nervous feeling...

Quote:
Michael: When you're like all of a sudden, you think about something.

Quote:
Michael: It's like with, with anything...

Quote:
Tom: You get aware.
Michael: It's like when you get up to bat with the bases loaded, and you're like, you think, you can't even think about it.

Quote:
Tom: You're like, "Oh, ****, the bases are loaded."
Michael: You just gotta be confident and do it.

Quote:
Michael: It's like with anything. When you're an actor...

Quote:
Michael: You gotta commit and like that's happened to me many times....

Quote:
Michael: When all of a sudden, I'm like, working with Stallone.

Quote:
Michael: [Imitating Stallone] "How're you doing?" I'm like, "Oh My God. That's ****ing Rocky."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Quote:
Tom: Exactly.
Michael: "WHAT'S MY LINE?!?!?!?"

Quote:
Tom: Exactly! [laughs]
Michael: "I ONLY HAVE ONE!!!!!"

Quote:
Tom: "BETH!"
Michael: Beth.

Quote:
Tom: You remember Beth?
Michael: Beth, our script supervisor.

Quote:
Tom: She's great.
Michael: I loved her.

Quote:
Tom: Um, but, so I just go blank. And, um, I was like, "****. ****ing." Kevin comes over, and he's like, "You alright?"
Michel Drinks.

Quote:
Tom: I'm like, "Yeah, dude." He's like, "Don't worry about it." I'm like, "No! I am going to worry about it. I wanna be good!"
Michael Laughs.

Quote:
Tom: "I wanna be good [laughs] for you!" And, it just kinda came out, and he puts his hand on my shoulder, and he goes, "Hey, listen, just remember that when I **** up my lines, just let me off the hook." Or, he said something like that. Some...
Michael: Something comforting and sweet. Genuine.

Quote:
Tom: And, I was like, "Thanks, dude." And, then from there, we were just. Then, we nailed it. But, it was just cool because you know, it's Kevin Costner.
Michael: It's Kevin Costner.

Quote:
Tom: I mean...
Michael: And, now...

Quote:
Tom: "What am I doing here?" You know.
Michael: You've been doing stuff. You like, like I'm sure a lot of people know this, but...

Quote:
Tom Adjusts On Sofa.
Michael: You directed, what? Seven episodes of Smallville.

Quote:
Tom: Seven or eight, yeah.
Michael: Like it, directed episode one fifty, which was a big one.

Quote:
Michael: And, by the way I gotta say this...

Quote:
Tom: That was fun.
Michael: When any actor says, "I'm gonna direct, it's like, "Oh, ****."

Quote:
Michael: And, when you directed, you were just right there. And, I remember watching the episode and going, "He had my back."

Quote:
Tom Laughs.
Michael: Cause you knew my strengths.

Quote:
Michael: You knew, and you wanted to make us good.

Quote:
Michael: You wanted everyone to be good. And, I think that's the sign of a really good director. It's someone who is, is not, it's not about him. It's like, "Hey, this is them on screen."

Quote:
Michael: "And, how can I make, bring out the best in them."

Quote:
Tom: Yeah. Elevate the material, and you know, we were, we were, both of us were lucky to direct on a show, where we already knew the people that we were directing.
Michael: Yeah. It helps.

Quote:
Tom: It helps a lot.
Michael: It's a good, like, a, yeah.

Quote:
Tom: I mean, I don't know what your experience was like with your film that you directed and how much you knew those people, but, you know I...
Michael: I didn't know them at all.

Quote:
Tom: It can't be easy to direct people that you don't have a rapport with, which now I realize when you know when you do movies or other projects and the directors are like, "Hey, you know, we spend some time together before hand." And, I, years ago, I was kinda like, "Why?" Because, on Smallville, you'd show up, and you'd meet the director, and you'd work.

Quote:
Tom: And, then these films of, the directors will be like, "Let's go out to dinner." "But, but, why? Like, [laughs] I don't have to go to dinner, first of all because I'm flying in from Vancouver to do this."

Quote:
Tom: But, now I realize it was to establish rapport, and you know that's something that I had to learn.
Stay tuned for Part 08!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks again! I'm really enjoying reading this transcript!
Reply   Post New Thread