Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Idol [9.08]: Smallville Episode Discussion Thread

Idol
November 13th, 8/7c

Superhero twins Zan (guest star David Gallagher) and Jayna (guest star Allison Scagliotti) show up in Metropolis to help The Blur fight crime but end up botching several rescues, landing Clark (Tom Welling) in hot water with the District Attorney's office. Clark decides to come forward as the Blur to clear his name. Allison Mack, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman and Callum Blue also star. Glenn Winter directed the episode written by Ann Coffel Saunders.

Shows - Smallville - Episode Guide - Idol

Discuss!

icon: Spike it up
Old 11-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

filler episode...it was kind of lame nothing new
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 11-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

I loved it!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry this review is late this week, but I didn’t have time to type it up yesterday. It's very Lois/Clois heavy so read at your own risk. Here we go:

Wonder Twins: I admit when I first heard that the Wonder Twins were going to be in this episode I was less than enthused, but I have to say they pleasantly surprised me. David Gallagher and Allison Scagliotti were well cast as Zan and Jayna and they actually made the Twins come across as kind of endearingly naive as opposed to annoyingly naive. These two had good chemistry together and they actually looked like they could be brother and sister so that was another plus with casting Gallagher and Scagliotti. I like how the twins are both HUGE fans of the Blur and they’re only trying to help him out, but they just keep screwing things up and making things worse for him. I liked the moment when Zan spray paints the car and says that he’s gotta give props to the big guy and then their dynamic and support for each other when they realize that Jayna’s lost her phone. I like how they don’t bicker and fight, but instead they work together and help each other out. Their reactions on being dumped at the Watchtower and meeting Clark were awesome. I like how Jayna’s kind of suspicious about Chloe at first until they hear more from her and how Zan is so psyched to be “in the Blur’s lair”. Their last scene with Clark is really great, because we get to see Clark really acting like Superman and inspiring other people to be heroes and just how much they respect him. Hee, Jayna calls him, “Master B.” . Then the moment after he leaves them and she clutches her brother’s shirt is great. I also liked the special effects in this ep when Zan turns to fog/ice etc and Jayna turns into other animals.

Chloe: I liked Chloe’s interaction with the twins, speaking as the voice of experience. She does know what it’s like to want to help the Blur out and what it’s like to save him, and I was amused when she threatened the twins with obliterating their facebook accounts etc, b/c she actually does have the power to do that. I also understand where she’s coming from when tells Clark that it’s not the best idea to expose himself and on a shallow note I thought AM looked really cute in that particular outfit with her curly hair and in that shade of green. Also, Chloe buying Clark’s merchandise is made of win. However, I just can’t get behind Chloe tapping into everyone’s cellphone frequencies and monitoring Clark’s phone calls with Lois. I can’t say I’m suprised about this anymore since she did bug the Kent farm, but I hate her attitude to Clark about this. She tells him that if it weren’t for her Lois would be hounding him about being the Blur...but if Chloe hadn’t bugged his phone to begin with Zan wouldn’t have been able to mess around with the voice modifier and Lois never would have suspected anything. I don’t know, I really wonder what they’re planning on doing with Chloe this year.

Clark: I don’t want to overlap too much so I’ll save most of the Clark/Lois stuff for the Clois part of my review. I have to say though that Clark is so Supermanly in this ep and I love that! Also the ep opening with shirtless Clark?! WIN! My god the man is beautiful and I love how peaceful he looks in his sleep. In the first DP scene, I love how Clark’s kind of unnerved by Lois’ vacant stare and how he clumsily spills his coffee. He’s so confident with Lois in the first scene and he’s grinning and joking with her because he’s comfortable with his feelings for her. He wants to talk about what happened between them in Crossfire.

Then I like how Clark deals with the Wonder Twins when he finds out that they’re behind the messed up saves. He doesn’t berate them or judge them, instead he realizes that they’re just big Blur fans who tried to help him, but let things get out of hand. I like how Clark is doing his best to live up to his father’s name and how he realizes that he needs to make things right, even though the screw ups aren’t technically his fault, so he reboots the city and gets the power back up and running. I love how Clark takes the threat the DA represents seriously and how he actually considers revealing himself as the Blur, since he knows that people need to keep believing in him and all that he represents. Tom continues to nail Clark’s facial expressions, particularly regarding his feelings for Lois, like when he sees Lois give that speech in defense of the Blur or his terror when he realizes that Lois is the one hanging from the pole.

Later on in the episode when Clark meets the Wonder Twins, his speech to them is fantastic. The way he talks about them being heroes and not making mistakes, because everyone’s watching them and how he thanks them for their help? That’s Superman right there! He inspires people to be the best they can be. Also, I like how Clark calls Chloe out on spying on him and monitoring everyone’s phone calls. I think in the past he would have just been like, “Oh Chloe of course you’re right,” but now you can see that he’s still not happy about what she did. The last Clois scene with the glasses...Clark’s adorkable. I liked the glasses in Apocalypse better, but I’m thrilled that they’re actually playing with introducing them into the show. Overall, I thought this was a great episode for Clark and showed him at his Supermanly best.

Lois: I have to agree with Glen Winter on this one...this episode was definitely ED’s finest work yet. She looks absolutely gorgeous in the opening scene when she’s wrapped in nothing but that sheet and it’s amazing how she does’t say a single word in that first scene with Clark, yet she conveys so much with her eyes. She’s in love with this man and it’s a bittersweet moment knowing that they just had everything they ever wanted and now they’re about to lose each other again. Lois zones out after having this daydream and the pen slipping from her fingers is a nice touch, as is her nervousness around Clark. She’s still trying to deal with the repercussions of what happened between them, so when the delivery boy comes he provides a welcome distraction. “Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas to me”. Love it! Also we got some insight into Lois’ childhood! Yay! I’m not surprised that she opened and rewrapped her gifts Christmas morning either. After the opening credits, Clark trails after Lois and tries to convince her that the Blur couldn’t be behind the big blunder but Lois isn’t inclined to believe him. She’s still hurt that the Blur hasn’t spoken to her in weeks (if not months?) and she resents being tossed articles that she’d rather not write. She then pulls on her coat, sticks up the collar, wraps a scarf around herself and puts on some shades, prompting Clark to ask what’s going on. Lois says, “Leave it alone Inspector Gadget. I have a top secret interview I'm doing for an expose on the hush hush. So don't follow me." This reminds me of LnC when Lois was convicted of murder and busted out of prison to prove her innocence so she wore a wig and sunglasses to disguise her identity.

We then go to Lois at the psychiatrist’s office. The casting of this lady is perfect. I love her accent and she has a calming presence, so you can see why people would open up to her and confess their deepest, darkest secrets to her. She’s a bit of a cross between Arianna Carlin and Dr. Friskin on LnC for me and I really hope they don’t do some kind of twist with her and have her turn out to be a pawn of Tess’ or something like that, because I really like her and would like to see her come back. Anyways, Lois apparently has been seeing Dr. Evans for awhile now, because she mentions Clark and Lois’ missing three weeks without Lois bringing up those topics. Lois is incredibly uncomfortable seeing a therapist and that fits with who she is a character. We know that Lois has a really hard time letting people in, so I image paying someone to tell them all about yourself would make her ill at ease. She keeps fidgeting in her seat and can’t sit still. She moves around a lot and Dr. Evans just sits in one seat calmly the entire time. Lois talks about her dreams and “naked skin....skin on skin...just...lots of skin...” and she seems to get lost in that for a moment. Dr. Evans boils it all down for Lois and simply states that it’s a sex dream and gently says that she’s been having these dreams about Clark. Lois gets defensive and jumps out of her seat. Dr. Evans says that the dreams don’t need to be taken literally, that maybe they’re about uncovering the truth and Lois says she’s worried that the closer she gets to Clark the higher chance she has that he’ll slip away from her. Clark then calls Lois as the Blur and she has the best ringtone for him ever...although really how does she have him as a contact and she can’t call him herself? Eh whatever. Lois rejects the calls and says she’s over him and Dr. Evans tells her that maybe she needs to focus on the man right in front of her.

Lois and Clark then investigate the power outage in Metropolis together and we get more classic snappy Lois dialogue when she yells loud enough so that the DA can hear her that she calls him “Saxyphone b/c he likes to blow his own horn” . Lois still doesn’t completely believe that the Blur is innocent in all of this and she proudly tells Clark that she ignored the Blur’s call. I can understand why she wouldn’t want the Blur to just come to her when it’s convenient for him, since she has grown quite attached to him and thought that she was at the very least his friend and confidante. Clark tells her to give him a chance to explain himself and Lois excitedly goes after someone she thinks could be a witness.

Back at the Daily Planet, Lois is trying to type up a story on her typewriter in another homage to LnC (2.06 Operation Blackout). She’s beyond relieved when the power comes back and tells her computer that she’ll never take it for granted again. Heh I like these little touches that humanize Lois and make her accesible to the rest of us, because that’s something I do all the time. The Blur calls Lois again and she picks him. He tries to explain himself and she rips him a new one, when he talks about giving people second chances. R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me! Yeah that couldn’t be helped. The voice modifier screws up and she hears Clark’s voice and is thrown for a loop. The next morning she goes to see Clark at the farm and tries to get him to confess that he’s the Blur for a few minutes then she’s about to tell him everything when they see the DA on the TV calling out the Blur. She knows that he’s got a big decision to make and she really doesn’t know what to do with the info she just found out about Clark so she goes to see Dr. Evans. When she gets there she sees another girl waiting for Dr. Evans...Lois being the impatient person she is gets rid of the girl. She tells her, “I’m going to save you a lot of time and money, okay? It’s all your parents’ fault.” Dr. Evans comes in and Lois spills that her mystery caller and Clark are one and the same and again she cannot sit still. She keeps moving around and fidgeting and doesn’t really know what to do with herself. I love how Lois just wants to tell Clark that it doesn’t matter to her and that all she wants to do is help him. She always puts his needs above her own in that way which is part of the reason why she’s so good for him. Dr. Evans only gets in a few sentences and just lets Lois work things out herself for the most part before she blows out of there as quickly as she came in.

At the press conference, Lois makes a rash decision to let millions of people know that she knows the Blur. This is typical Lois, she does something without pausing to consider the ramifications of what she’s doing. She thinks with her heart and not her head and her heart told her to speak up in defense of the man she loves because she knows that he can’t reveal his secret to the world. She gives a touching speech about how the Blur is a light in the darkness and how they need to let him be the hero he needs to be while she pretty much paints a target on herself for every single person with a vendetta against the Blur. Poor Clark is going to have his hands full with keeping her safe . Lois goes back to the DP and sees a red rose with a note on her desk thanking her and asking her to meet him on the roof. She assumes it’s Clark and eagerly goes to meet him only to be bitterly disappointed when she comes face to face with the corrupt DA. Kudos to the casting department once again, because this guy’s great. I love how cold and calculating he is and the way he delivers the line, “And you’re standing right on top of it”. He informs Lois that he’s going to kill her and fram the Blur for murdered her, confirming Lois’ suspicions that he’s one dirty DA. When Lois realizes the lengths he’ll go to, she tries to make a break for it only to be grabbed by his goons and heaved over the side of the building. Yikes. Fortunately, Lois has amazing upper body strength and manage to grab onto a pole on the way down in what appears to be another nod to LnC’s Operation Blackout.

Lois yells for help and Clark speeds to the rescue. He tries to save her but he can’t do his Blur bit b/c of the crowd of people watching them...just as Lois’ grip slips after she tells him to let her go and that his secret is more important than her life, Jayna and Zan provide a cover for Clark to save her. She thanks Clark for saving her but then she gets a phone call by “the Blur” and reconsiders Clark being the Blur after all. In her last session with Dr. Evans, I like how Lois actually sits still throughout this entire scene. It seems like she’s still struggling with her feelings for Clark and the Blur, but she’s finding a way to deal with them. Erica’s fantastic in this scene with the way her eyes tear up when she says her thoughts keep going back to Clark and how he stepped out on that ledge trying to save her life. The last Clois scene at the DP is really cute with Lois trying on the glasses and Lois’ placing the blame on herself for looking at Clark through “Blur coloured glasses”. She plants one on Clark then has more flashes and goes comatose. IS PANDORA HERE YET?! Okay, I’m good...moving on to Clois...

Clois: That opening scene is now my fave opening scene on the show so far. Like I already mentioned, I love how peaceful Clark looks while he’s sleeping and I love how Lois’ hand slides across Clark’s chest before she gets out of bed. Shortly after she gets out of bed and she stands looking out into the distance, Clark walks up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. She sinks into his embrace. I love how we get to see both of them protecting and sheltering each other, first with Lois’ arms around Clark from behind and then with Clark’s arms around Lois from behind. Also it’s quite clear that these two people are deeply in love and have no regrets about the night before with the way they hold each other. Clark says, “I wish we had more time” and Lois reaches up to caress his injured cheek with her left hand. I’m not sure if that was intentional or if that was just because Lois is left handed, but I like to think that they did that as a symbol that Lois eases Clark’s aches and cares for his wounds. I love how the world is most likely ending and all they can think about is being with each other. They just found each other again and they can’t stand it that they’re about to be separated again. She turns in his arms and puts her arms around his neck and then they look deeply into each other’s eyes and communicate how much they love and care for each other without saying a single word. There’s some Clois kissage after and I’m pretty much dead before this episode even starts.

After this bit of nirvana, we got to Clois at the DP. Lois is completely out of it and she drops her pen from her fingers. Clark notices this but he doesn’t say anything until after he spills his coffee and Lois doesn’t say anything about it. “Earth to Lois,” he says and she immediately comes back. Clark being the gentleman he is, picks up her pen for her and he tries to get her to talk about what happened between them. He grins and he’s very charming and confident as he comments on her turning red. He’s comfortable with his feelings for Lois and is waiting for her to make the next move. Lois is saved by the delivery boy and I like how Clark doesn’t leave her to open the package on her own. He goes with her and he offers to help her open it. She declines his request but he helps her out anyways when he sees her struggling. They’re both shocked when they see the guys in the box (were there airholes in that thing? B/c that seems kind of dangerous to me) and Clark is dismayed when he sees his symbol on the building across the street.

After the credits, Clark tries to convince Lois that the Blur couldn’t be behind the messed up drug bust. Lois isn’t having any of it and tells him that the Blur hasn’t talked to her in awhile so she can’t get his side of the story. Clark wonders what’s up with disguise as she tries to evade him. He later calls her during her therapy session and can’t believe it when she doesn’t answer his call. He realizes that he needs her to sing his praises as the Blur and she’s the only person who can get through to the public that he’s not behind the messed up saves, so he tries to convince her as Clark to give the Blur the chance to explain himself. Later on when he calls her and she answers, she goes off on him for not calling her for awhile and he just listens to her amused and grinning. He enjoys her rants and he tells her she has to trust him, as he does so his voice modified gives out and Lois hears his voice.

The next morning, Lois goes to the farm and shows Clark the paper with her defense of the Blur. She wants to carpool with him so that they can “get to know each other better” and we find out that she tells him the colour of her underwear every single day...which is simultaneously hilarious and a nice nod to the movies and also a bit odd. Anyways, Lois drops some hints that she thinks Clark’s the Blur and he picks up pretty much immediately that something’s off with her. She’s about to tell him everything when they see the shady DA on the news and Clark tells her he’ll have to take a raincheck on the carpool. After Lois visits her therapist she realizes what she has to do to help Clark out and show her that his secret doesn’t matter to her: She goes up on stage and gives an impassioned speech in the Blur’s defence. Clark watches her the whole time with a tender gaze and a slight smile and you can tell that he’s moved by what she did for him.

After the conference, Clark goes back to the DP and eagerly looks for Lois only to find out that she’s hanging onto a pole like 100 stories above the ground. He’s terrified and he races up to the roof to try and save her. Remember that this incarnation of Clark Kent is incredibly scared of heights...but you’d never know it in this scene. He faces his fears and steps out onto the ledge to save Lois. He tells her to stretch and that she can reach and she tries to grab his hand, but her grasp slips and she’s left holding onto that pole with only one hand. Clark shouts, “Lois!” and his fear for her is evident. Lois then tells Clark to let her go. “You can't reveal yourself to the cameras. You mean too much to the city. To the world. Clark, I know that you've been living two lives and having to lie to me about it every day." Clark tells her that’s insane and if he were Lois he’d say, “Please stop with your crazy talk.” In Metallo, Clark was willing to risk his life to save Lois’ and here Lois is willing to risk her life to save Clark’s. She knows that he won’t have any semblance of a life and that Clark Kent will be dead for all intents and purposes if people find out that he’s the Blur so she’s willing to sacrifice herself on his behalf. I find the words “let me go” to be an interesting choice, because it makes it sound like Lois is only hanging on because of Clark. These words also remind me of Rabid and how holding on to Lois was literally the only thing Clark could do to save her in that moment. He didn’t let her go then and he won’t let her go now. When Lois loses her grip and falls, he speeds down to save her and when he sees her again as Clark, he’s so relieved to see her. He says, “You’re alive!” and they embrace. He tells her that he wishes he was the one who saved her and Lois can’t believe that Clark still won’t tell her the truth, when the phone rings and Chloe impersonates the Blur to throw her off track. I like how in this scene Lois doesn’t badger Clark or throw accusations at him, she merely says once that she can’t believe he’s not telling her the truth before the phone call interrupts them.

The last Clois scene is made of cuteness, as Clark looks over Lois’ shoulder to check and see if her eyes are still closed. Lois totally thought that he brought her into the copy room to make out, but hey she’s open. Clark shows her the glasses and tells her he’s a bit nearsighted. Lois tries them on herself and I really like the way Durance plays this moment with her eyes widening a bit because that indicates that Clark had the foresight to get prescription glasses to convince Lois that he does need them. Lois admits that he’s not the only one who’s short sighted and she accepts responsibility for thinking that Clark was the Blur and lets him know that it’s okay. It’s not fair to him to think that he’s two different people. Clark tells her he wishes that he was and I think this indicates that Clark really does wish he could tell Lois the truth about himself. In what strikes me as a very intimate gesture, Lois puts the glasses in Clark’s shirt pocket instead of just handing them to him. Clark asks her if this is her long winded way of saying that she hates his glasses, and she says she doesn’t mind the bump in his geek factor but that he should try contacts. This scene reminds me of Devoted when Clark asked for Lois’ opinion on his letterman jacket and he got very defensive when she told him that red and yellow weren’t his colours and Facade when she said something about him being a dork and he said that he didn’t really see himself that way. Even back then, her opinion was very important to him and he wanted to impress her so he got defensive and hurt when she teased him. Now Clark knows Lois and he knows that she doesn’t mean anything cruel with her teasing and that it’s actually a gesture of affection, so I get the feeling that if she’d said she didn’t like his glasses he wouldn’t have taken that personally. As it stands, here Clark doesn’t get defensive when she calls him a geek. He simply smiles and tells her it means a lot that she thought he had it in him to be the Blur. Oh another thing I like about this scene is that Clark showing Lois the glasses is HUGE. In all other Superman incarnations the glasses are part of Clark’s disguise so that people won’t recognize Clark as Superman. On SV, Clark actually seems to be letting Lois in on the secret ever so slowly and showing her his glasses is part of that revelation. Now that she’s seen his glasses, there’s no way they can ever use the glasses as a way to hide Clark’s identity as Superman from her. Since the show is already doing the classic triangle for two with Clark’s alter ego of the Blur, I think that they could let Lois in on the secret before he becomes Superman and just have Lois help develop Clark’s identity as Superman when he decides to go public. Okay back to the scene, Lois punches Clark in the arm like she has so many times before and she turns to leave. Clark stares after her a bit disappointed. He was hoping she’d make a move, like he did in Rabid when he blocked her arm punch or in Crossfire when he kissed her. Lois pauses and realizes that it is her turn to do something to show Clark that she doesn’t want to go back to the status quo either, so instead of walking away and leaving Clark staring after her bewitched, bothered and bewildered like she would have in the past, she turns around and clarifies her feelings for Clark. In this moment, Lois chooses to be with Clark over the Blur, so she kicks a stack of newspapers over to Clark, which is something that only Lois Lane would ever do, and then stands on them and jumps his lilypad. Clark’s expression of surprise perfectly mirrors Lois’ expression of surprise in Crossfire, as well as his look of shock when Lois kissed him in the phonebooth in Crimson. Clark recovers and quickly gets into the kiss and like something out of a fairytale, Lois’ foot pops and they enjoy a few seconds of bliss before Lois has the flashes again and passes out and Clark is once again terrified. Poor Clark is going to get a complex. The first time they kiss, she runs away. The second time they kiss, she passes out. Yikes:yikes:!

Now let me get into the flashes briefly. We see Clark looking down sadly at someone, Lois staring at a red sun, what appears to be a concentration camp, Lois and Clark tearing each other’s clothes off, Clark seeing Lois led away somewhere, the two towers (yes that made me think of LoTR), Clark being dragged through the streets with a cut on his cheek, and Chloe lying dead in the middle of the street. Holy crap on a cracker the wait for next week is going to kill me!

Overall I loved the episode and I’m really, really looking forward to Pandora. Next week: We finally find out what happened when Lois was in the future.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Great Review Rachel

I love reading them

ETA:

Visit Castle | icon[x]

Last edited by CJG18; 11-18-2009 at 04:54 PM
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I figured it's better late than never and given it's length...

Prepare yourselves - it's 1935 words long.

Last week before the episode aired I could hardly contain myself. The anticipation of the second kiss, more on Lois' reaction to the kiss and Clois just seeing one another again. Spoilers only get you so far and despite being spoiled - I was in no way prepared for the magic that was the Idol teaser.

I swear my jaw dropped as soon as I saw shirtless (and the implied nakedness) Clark. Requests for shirtless Clark has become my mantra of late. I actually think on first viewing I didn't shut my moth until the commercials came on. Lois hand on his chest is just There's something wonderful about the fact Lois felt comfortable enough to sleep with future Clark - that CLark missed her so much, who knew Loisless Clark would appear so lost! Clark put on his pants This scene totally kills me, from Clark's wishing for more time to the way Lois looks at him after he said it. And that kiss! It's not as hungry as Clark kissing her in Crossfire or even Lois kissing him at the end. It's the first mutual real kiss...that may never exist.

Love the music that's played throughout this episode...there's something either sort of Christmasy about it or it's almost balletic, think the Sugar Plum Fairy.

at how Lois is just staring into space/at Clark. I can't believe TPTB have held this opener in for 8 episodes. I just love when he spills the coffee and she doesn't even react and Clark knows she is somewhere far, far away.

"I've got a pretty tight wound bolt reflex".

I kinda got the impression that Lois couldn't believe she said this out loud, to Clark!

The smile on his face as he says - "Is this about what happened"? Clark is so cute.

How adorable was the blushing and his smile at her trying to backpeddle and explain it's not just about him. (Welling is so freaking handsome). It's a refreshing change that Clark wants to discuss his feelings and isn't shying away from the kiss.

Lois sort of struggles to open the crate and Clark helps her effortlessly and then Clark sees the drawback of having a calling card!!

BTW - wet Clark in the credits =

Gone are the days when Clark would be rather blase about the blur to lois (or Jimmy - miss him) - now he needs people to know his story.

Lois in therapy is very funny, I love the disguise and how she tells Clark not to follow her and he listens!! How when Lois says skin on skin - she's almost about to enter dreamworld again. "My desk is soft core central" - Hands up who else wants to see that! How cool was Lois' ringtone? I will never hear Bonnie Tyler in the same way again.

I like that Clark told us and Chloe why he hadn't been in contact with Lois and I think it would have been nice if he told Lois why too.

The wonder twins have cool powers and it's nice that they want to use them for good, because far too many "meteor freaks" have only used them for themselves.

Lois feels pretty great about not taking the Blur's call and I kinda love how Clark is anxious for her to talk to him. It's not her wanting to speak to him, it's him desperate to speak to her.

"Powers activate"! How cool was Clark's block of that?

And we have the power back (I know I skipped a bit) and Clark's calling....as the blur. Clark taking blame for something else NOT his fault *bangs head on desk* Over zealous fans are his fault how?

"The blur has an imposter nipping at his heals, how did you let that happen"?

like he can watch out for everything and save lives. Erica was fantastic in this scene - in all scenes really. When she sort of blows up at The Blur about second chances I kinda wonder if it's the wording he used that set her off, first Clark stands her up and wants a second date and now the Blur sort of ditched her but now he needs her and he calls.

Now on first viewing I hadn't noticed what it said on the screen when boy wonder twin was playing about with Chloe's computers so I didn't realise she was RECORDING CLARK'S CALLS WITH LOIS. I get her doing things when it's required but seriously, I think this is way out of line. It's like she's above everything else and can do what she wants and I don't want Chloe to be like that. I know it's not the same, but it's like when Ollie killed Lex - he sort of thought he was above the law and did what needed to be done and didn't face any consequences for it...although he felt remorse. They have Chloe do something good and then something that I see as out of order - think Roulette setting up Ollie, think Kandor being big brother to Clark...and not cutting the feed to the farm and think monitoring Clark's calls now! It's hardly surprising that this comes back to bite someone in the ass...might as well be Clark. But I want better from Chloe, I want to like her the way I used to!

Lois heard Clark speak...when she was talking to the Blur and OMG - she knows.

The next morning Lois turns up at Clark's door and I love how she's trying to be subtle about thinking he's The Blur - but he wonders what's going on when she says they could get to know one another better, Clark's response:

"Better? You tell me the color of your underwear everyday. What else is there to know"?

And she's not even embarrased about this.

"Big news day, I'll have to take a rain check on the car-pooling".

This made me think of the conversation at the end of Echo about waiting for a slow new days for Clark to ask her out.

And so, Lois is back in therapy. "I'm gonna save you a lot of time and money okay. It's all your parents fault". Sugar plum fairy again!

There's a few things Lois says in this scene which made me re-think a few things. She comments on Clark not being able to lie but I thought he was pretty good at it, explaining where he disappears to and stuff, but maybe it's because Lois doesn't know about all of those things/times. She says that both Clark and the Blur are "brave and selfless", although Clark in his own way but hasn't Clark saved her before and if she didn't know Clark was brave why did she call him to save her in Identity.

I love the way Lois/Erica's face changed when the therapist asked her what was more likely, that Clark and the Blur are one and the same or that she wants them to be so he will be her "dream man" - that look says it all.

I love Chloe trying to sort out the Twins identity theft of The Blur and how she tries to make Clark see reason as to why he shouldn't step forward.

And I think Clark was on the verge of stepping forward, until Lois took to the microphone. She's so commanding that no one stops her. I'd like to see them try! And her words are so moving - you wonder if she would have said the same had she not known or suspected Clark as the Blur - she may not have said anything at all.

I first thought the rose was from Clark - kinda sad it wasn't although not as much as Lois was when she was hanging from the roof.

Silly silly Sax - he obviously doesn't know much about Lois if he thinks throwing her off the roof was going to get rid of her. This is Lois Lane we are talking about! She's not that easy to kill and has more lives than a cat.

Love Clark's face when he enters the bullpen again - he just can't wait to see her. And she's not there. BTW - love that their name plates sort of face one another.

Some guy tells Clark to grab a camera and I think of Jimmy!

And now Clark don't look so happy, a stark contrast to moments ago.

I love that Clark tries to save her as himself but I can't help thinking the number of other times that Clark saved someone else (of less importance, well in my opinion) and exposed his secret...but the world's media wasn't watching then so I'll let it pass Also, doesn't Clark wear a belt? Couldn't he have like taken it off and given her it to grab?

Now if people weren’t convinced of how great Lois is, of how right she is for Clark then really they should be converted after her willingness to die in order to protect Clark.

Sax got what was coming to him, no sympathy at all!

Lois is alive and glad to be. I think she should celebrate that fact.

And the look on Clark's face as they embrace.

I'm sort of saddened by the fact that Clark hasn't told Lois who he is, especially since she worked it out and was being so accepting, willing to die to protect him and i'm starting to forget the logic behind it all.

And Lois didn't notice the look of surprise on Clark's face when she said it was the Blur on the phone.

Will the Wonder Twins join Ollie? I kinda didn't like Clark showing them his face and yet he won't tell Lois.

Lois would freak if she knew that Clark was the Blur and their had been a phone glitch!! That both are true. And I love how this incarnation of Lois Lane has fallen for Clark before she falls for the superhero.

The Superman mug! Love it.

And then we have Chloe making out like she's done Clark some huge favour by listening in to his calls with Lois She can't even admit she was wrong, or that Lois even suspecting was her fault (but maybe she doesn't know). It's just a blatant disregard for people's privacy.

I love Lois' reaction to Clark in glasses and that she sees different sides to him, that she feels so strongly about him. It's great that he sort of wanted her approval of his wearing glasses and that she's decided to be bold and take the initiative - that'll happen with her near death experience.

And then like that, she kicks those newspapers, he doesn't know why and she steps up - literally and figuratively - pulls him in for a toe-curling kiss. There's surprise in his eyes, he likes it and kisses her back

And then she gets some visions again. And she's unconcious.

Some general thoughts/questions:

Are Lois and Chloe ever going to have a scene together again? They've had like two that I recall this season. Savior in the hospital and The Talon in Echo but no interaction or really any mention of interaction. Wouldn't Lois confide in Chloe about the kiss or even about having feelings for Clark? I enjoyed their interaction in earlier seasons. It sort of doesn't seem right.

Clark's kiss is rather potent and me thinks he could get a complex - Pandora in 24 minutes - bring it on!
Old 05-30-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am closing this thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread