Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

* The 2009 Smallville Marathon *

The 2009 Smallville Marathon

The goal is to watch all Smallville episodes from S1 Pilot to whichever episode runs last in 2009 and discuss them

I just finished watching episode 1.01 for the first time ever! I found it cute & amusing

These were my favorite moments:

If Pete only knew 'Statistical fact... If Clark moved any slower he'd be extinct'
Clark performing CPR on Lex - they kissed before even knowing each others' names
Clark spying on Lana - little perv
Clark standing in front of the angel statue at the cemetery. He looked like he had wings grown on his back.
Wow half naked Clark in the field as a scarecrow

I'll update each time I watch an episode. Please feel free to comment

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting up the thread, Katka!

I'm looking forward to reading your comments on the episodes as you go along. Of course everyone is welcome to join in.

So, you watched the Pilot! Isn't it great? A classic, I love it. Even with everything that happens, it's got such a sense of hope for the future.

icon: Spike it up
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

This is an excellent thread idea.

The scarecrow scene is one of my favourites.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you Szilvia and Philippa !
I'm glad you stopped by. I'm going to have so much fun with this 'project'

Tonight's episode was 1.02 Metamorphosis

The whole thing creeped me out a little bit. I'm not a big fan of bugs, ew. There were however some scenes that brought a smile on my face. I just had to laugh when Clark broke his bed waking up in mid-levitation. The look on his face was hilarious!

Even though Tom isn't exactly the age of his character he looked very young and innocent in the part right after he saved Whitney and told his dad he's scared. I totally wanted to just give him a hug and hold him tight.

Btw, does anyone think Lex's house is cool? I find it beyond amazing. Not sure if I'd like to live there 24/7 though.

I really enjoyed the scene where Lana waited for Clark in his hide out. I thought something was wrong with her voice from the beginning and I couldn't put my finger on it. And then I realized I used to watch SV on a German channel and the show was dubbed. The guy who dubbed Tom had a similar voice so it didn't occur to me at first

I also quite liked the interaction between Clark and Chloe in the hallway. She's quite the sweetheart and has a dazzling smile.
"Chloe, I could never outgrow you. Other than vertically." <--

Other thing I really enjoyed was the music they used in both episodes. Most of the songs were my favorites back in 2001.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy watching them all, Katka. There are plenty of incredible episodes and memorable moments along the way.

The bug theme in 'Metamorphosis' kinda freaked me out, too. Yes, the Luthor mansion is an amazing structure; I'd love to take a tour.

Hee, some of the one-liners on this show really get me chuckling.

SV has a great tradition of using fantastic music of the day.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy mom (View Post)
Yes, the Luthor mansion is an amazing structure; I'd love to take a tour.
Me, too And I got to see parts of it again in

1.03 Hothead

Not the greatest of episodes I guess. I hated the coach even before he became affected by the meteorites.

Anyway, I didn't understand why everyone started clapping when Lana spilled the drinks. Is it common in the US? I'd be either openly staring or politely ignoring her

I also thoroughly enjoyed the fencing scene between Lex and his dad. It was perfect. I've always wanted to learn how to fence, but never got around to taking any classes.

Clark and Lex in the coffee shop

I'm glad we're getting to see the inner workings of the Kent family. I'm looking forward to seeing more scenes with Clark and his parents.

And the last scene was kind of funny - C&L screaming on the football field.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like the coach, either...I thought he was scary.

Yeah, I think it's common in the US/Canada to clap when someone spills something/breaks something in a public place, mostly restaurants (someone correct me if that's not true). That said, it's not something I personally choose to do.

Lex and Lionel scenes are some of my favourites on this show. Fantastic acting by both actors.

I enjoyed the screaming scene, too.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy mom (View Post)
Yeah, I think it's common in the US/Canada to clap when someone spills something/breaks something in a public place, mostly restaurants (someone correct me if that's not true). That said, it's not something I personally choose to do.
Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. I tend to question the things I see in the movies/shows that I don't get.

Anyway, I watched another episode tonight and it was 1.04 X-Ray

This would be my most favorite episode so far. I loved all of it, especially the Clark/Lex and everyone/Tina interaction. Tina is an interesting character even if she’s cruel. The whole episode was action packed and I had a good time.

Heh, Clark was enjoying his vision a little too much when it came to sneaking a peek into the girls‘ locker rooms And Tom played the part so well. The look on his face was priceless.

I was extremely impressed with how Lex handled that journalist Roger. If he thought he was going to blackmail Lex Luthor, he should have known better Although Lex isn't a 100% positive character, I can't help but adore him.

The scene in the cemetery was creepy. Lana regaining consciousnes in a crypt with a skull close by I wouldn’t trade places with her!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katka (View Post)
Wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. I tend to question the things I see in the movies/shows that I don't get.
You're welcome. I suppose it's a silly way of making light of something bad that's happened.

'X-Ray' is a great episode. Tina Greer is quite a memorable character.

Tom does such a good job as Clark acquiring a new ability. It's so plausible to see him go through the emotion of it all.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

X-Ray. I loved that episode. I really love how we saw Jonathan and Martha help Clark and I love the scene in the kitchen when Jonathan makes Clark practice; and Clark makes a joke about always having pocket knife (wasn't it?) in a particular pocket.

Hothead. I loved that episode because it was a nice way to start the whole Clark - football storyline which they picked up again. Also there was something really hot about take charge Clark in the locker room when Coach attacks him.

the captain ღ his first officer
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)
I love the scene in the kitchen when Jonathan makes Clark practice; and Clark makes a joke about always having pocket knife (wasn't it?) in a particular pocket.
It was a pocket knife And the scene was so funny Jonathan looking all proud of his son that he controlled his new ability so easily only to find out he was being made fun of.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot in s1 that Clark has a sense of humor(!) and it really shines in some of those episodes.

X-Ray -- I love when "Clark" goes all bad and drives the Kent truck onto the sidewalk and even if "Clark" nearly hurts Martha, it just seemed like Tom had a lot of fun with that scene.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemberley21 (View Post)
I forgot in s1 that Clark has a sense of humor(!)
Well I hope he doesn't lose it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Just finished watching 1.05 Cool

I found the beginnig very cool (no pun intended) with the kryptonite shining under the surface of the lake. I had to rewind it back and watch again because it was so beautiful

The fire frozen into ice looked quite pretty, too.

And I totally adored the scene with Clark and his parents going over the financial situation with Clark being the human calculator And how he rushed back for his toast.

All I’m saying is 'Smallville chainsaw masacre' – Martha&Lex

I can’t imagine what it’s like being cold all the time, poor Sean. I get cold feet every now and then and it’s so not comfortable.

Too bad the non-date with Lana didn't work out. I was looking forward to some C/L moments.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember Clark rushing back for his toast.

I can relate to the feeling of being cold, too...feet and hands for me.

ETA: The concept of a non-date was cute. I really liked their early season moments.

Last edited by happy mom; 02-23-2009 at 06:13 PM
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

I was kinda of meh on Cool but I love how Clark walks down stairs and immediately spits out the number, and Martha/Jonathan faces

While I am not a Clark/Lana fan, I did enjoy their moments in s1.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread