Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I suppose it was J+E's time to go at last with the acts that are left, but mark my words, the show will miss them. In fact I fear it will be incredibly dull without them. Joe is really my only reason to keep watching at this point.

The crowd on this year's show are disgusting I have to say, booing Jedward when they were preparing for the sing off was absolutely shocking. No need for that sort of thing. And most of them will be grown adults, grown adults who will forget that these are just a pair of 17 year old kids trying their best and living their dream. Credit to the boys who dealt with it very well, but it was absolutely pitiful behaviour from people who should know better.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Jedward, I will miss you. And props to the boys for all the unnecessary abuse that they got off that audience. I'm absolutely disgusted that that could even be allowed.

The boys knew it was their time to go and they went out graciously.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

That abuse was well out of line, I was disgusted with such low behaviour. How would those people feel if it was their sons or grandsons or nephews etc up there getting abuse for doing nothing more than being contestants on a TV show just trying their best? I just wanted to give the boys a hug because that must have been horrid to suffer.

Like I said, Joe is my sole reason for watching now. His performances each week are always such a treat. He's the only one who's been consistently excellent from the first week.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

That's why I loved the boys though. Because they were so optimistic despite the harsh criticism that they had to take. They were extremely grateful to the public and not once did they take any of it for granted. It was a dream come true for them and it was obvious.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

Honestly I'm more shocked that Olly was in the bottom two and Lloyd wasn't than I was about Jedward leaving. I think Olly has been weaker these last few weeks but I still believed he had public support so would be safe regardless. As for the survival songs I didn't think either were that good, it was good to see them both just sing, no dancing or gimicks, just singing.

I thought it was a stupid theme, especially after the quality of songs we had in Queen week. There was so few good songs to actually pick from. I think Cheryl totally did the right thing with her song choice for Joe, even though George Michael only sang part of it, as there was so little to actually pick from, and then his performance ended up being the best of the night by a mile.

They get to sing two songs this week, I wonder what theme they will have. Surely it can't get any worse than last week.

Still wishing for a Danyl exit.

Vicky
Old 11-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wham week was boring, I agree.

I want Joe and Stacey in the final two and Danyl out as soon as possible please.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

It was clear Jedward's time was up. Their performance wasn't as entertaining as previous weeks & that was the nail in the coffin. Jedward were the only reason I was still watching this year's X-Factor. The show will miss them for sure next week & beyond that. The only ones I find okay are Joe & Stacey, and even then they're not that inspiring. The whole series has been flat as pancake & the talent much lower overall than previous years.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Jesus, Danyl really needs to go like...yesterday.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Fan

^agreed

Was gutted that Olly was in the bottom 2 but JLS were in the same week last year and went on to finish 2nd.

Danyl and Lloyd out now

I want a Olly/Stacey/Joe final. Ideally either Olly or Stacey to win, but just because i think Joe is better suited to musical theatre. That said id still be happy if he won.
Are you ready for this?
Lets kick some ass
Old 11-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Joe McElderry = best by a mile. Outstanding yet again. I literally cannot fault him.

If drippy Lloyd doesn't go this week I will be a very unhappy camper.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

WORD. I love Joe sooo much. Joe and Olly need to be final 2.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Joe was just utterly amazing. I think Simon wanted to find a fault with it, but simply couldn't. Both songs were incredible and without a doubt he was the best of the night.

The three I want in the final are the same three I picked out at the beginning of the live shows. Joe, Stacey and Olly. It would be perfect to see all three make it. I'm worried Danyl will get in the way though of that.

I have to comment on Danyl's version of Your Song. For me he totally killed the song. It's such a beautiful song and has such a simplicity about it, and Danyl took all that I loved about the song away and then proceeded to yell his way through it again. I would have loved to have heard Joe sing it as his voice is so pure that it would have been beautiful to listen to, but Danyl just doesnt understand how to do an understated performance. And I'm actually agreeing with Louis, what was the point in bringing out those kids for 20 seconds. I mean sure they probably loved it, but what was the actual point? What did it give to the performance? It just looked really odd to me.

I much preferred Olly's second song, I felt he was more himself doing that song than he was the first.

Lloyd needs to go home now. This is a singing competition and others are improving and the gap between him and them is widening even more. He's just not good enough. Nice guy, and he really does try, but he doesn't deserve to stay over any of the others. It wouldn't be right.

Vicky
Old 11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have to comment on Danyl's version of Your Song. For me he totally killed the song. It's such a beautiful song and has such a simplicity about it, and Danyl took all that I loved about the song away and then proceeded to yell his way through it again.
Totally agree. He spoiled an all-time classic song that is one of my favourites. His voice was good, but I wasn't feeling his version at all.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have to comment on Danyl's version of Your Song. For me he totally killed the song. It's such a beautiful song and has such a simplicity about it, and Danyl took all that I loved about the song away and then proceeded to yell his way through it again. I would have loved to have heard Joe sing it as his voice is so pure that it would have been beautiful to listen to, but Danyl just doesnt understand how to do an understated performance. And I'm actually agreeing with Louis, what was the point in bringing out those kids for 20 seconds. I mean sure they probably loved it, but what was the actual point? What did it give to the performance? It just looked really odd to me.
I completely agree with every word. I said the exact same thing outloud when I saw he was singing one of my fav Elton songs, "Your Song". Just murdered it.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

I've voted for Joe and Stacey the last two weeks now. I feel when it is straight public vote that they need the votes more than ever, there are no judges to save them if something crazy happens with the voting, it would be awful to lose either of those two. Hopefully they will both get enough votes this week. I'd love Olly to get to the final too but I'm not sure he had the right songs last night and will get the votes.

What shocked me about Danyl's version was that all the judges said it was great. Seriously? What did they hear? It can't be the same thing I heard. I'm not against changing it a bit and making it their own, but he destoryed an amazing song.

Vicky