Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

I loved Joe singing Somebody To Love <3. Gotta say, Glee did it better though. But Joe was great. Stacey did beautifully as always. Danyl, OF COURSE rubbed me completely the wrong way. Esp with it being his personal choice to since "We Are The Champions"...could be be any more cocky?

I actually liked Jedward's performance tonight.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked Jedward tonight, glad they put in what I think was their best performance after a week of fierce criticism, and it was so nice to hear the crowd cheering for them this time.

Stone the crows, but I actually liked Lloyd quite a lot this week, easily his most confident and polished performance so far. He actually deserves to stay in based on that.

Joe was as amazing as always, that was a very brave song choice but he totally sold it. I love his vocal range, I think he's the only one left with the ability to reach such high notes with relative ease. He's still my pick to win.

Not a huge fan of Olly tonight I have to say, I agree with Dannii in that I think the song swallowed him up a bit and even his performance didn't seem as confident as usual. His weakest performance so far for me.

Jamie I liked, the only thing is I didn't find him memorable. He was pretty good, but he wasn't great. I'd kind of forgotten about him 5 minutes after he performed. I think he could be in the danger zone this week.

I can't put my finger on what it is, I just can't, but something about Danyl is still rubbing me the wrong way. I'm just not feeling him at all, his performances leave me cold. It's like he's there and he sings, but there's zero connection for me. It's just not happening.

I can't really comment on Stacey because I had to leave the room for something when she was on and missed her, but based on the clip of her I saw in the performances recap she sounded very good indeed, a beautiful vocal.

Predictions: Even though I wasn't impressed with Olly this week, he has lots of fans and will get through on popularity. So my personal predictions for the bottom two are Jamie and Danyl. I really hope I'm right, that would give Smirky Simon a kick in the nether regions.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree with your predictions and I hope Jamie and Danyl are in the bottom.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with those predictions. Only I think it's more what I want to happen rather than what actually will. I do think Jamie will be in trouble tonight, he went first, he didn't have the best song, and you completely forgot about him.

I don't understand Simon. How can he sit there and criticise Joe and yet rave about Danyl when Joe was SO much better than Danyl last night. It's crazy. He says he's not doing any tactics but he is. Joe imo is his main competition and he can't manage to just be positive about him, he has to have a negative in there somewhere. And he totally ignored that vocally Olly wasn't so good last night, nor was Danyl great either. And the only reason he defended the choir was because Danyl had one too.

I thought Joe sung beautifully as always, it was a great performance, and wow did he hit those notes. Best performance of the night.

Stacey I thought was amazing. I'm so pleased to see her doing well. She deserves to stay and i hope she avoids the bottom two.

Lloyd not only gave his best performance last night, but vocally he was so much better. He really upped his game this week. I didn't cringe through his performance. And even if he does go now he can actually say he gave one good performance. I think Olly would have done it better, as I think the song would have suited him more, but it was still a good performance.

With John and Edward, I've really enjoyed their performances. I personally prefered their performance last week. The songs they have been doing have been fun songs but last night for me it just didn't work so well. Yes they are entertaining but they do need to go. One of the things they are all told is that you should connect with the song, listen to the lyrics, and that's something they just don't do, they just learn the words and say/sing them, they don't think about what they are actually singing or saying. Under Pressure is one of my favourite Queen songs, so maybe that's why I had a problem with them this week, it's such a powerful song and none of the emotion that's in the song came through from them.

Vicky
Old 11-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't understand Simon. How can he sit there and criticise Joe and yet rave about Danyl when Joe was SO much better than Danyl last night. It's crazy. He says he's not doing any tactics but he is. Joe imo is his main competition and he can't manage to just be positive about him, he has to have a negative in there somewhere.
I was ranting to my mother about this while we were watching. I said "You can just guarantee that if Danyl had done the performance that Joe just did, Simon would be kissing his feet." I was spitting feathers with annoyance. Once again the blatant bias made me want to smack Simon in the mouth.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Olly: Hes my favourite but think he was weak vocally. Performance was great though so i think he'll be safe

Stacey: Brilliant vocal performance

Joe: Was again vocally brilliant. He seems to be doing songs in Glee a lot. Maybe Cheryls a fan

Jedward: They have grown on me, but im sorry, that was Vanilla Ice, not Queen. I was probably more annoyed cus that song is my 2nd fav song of all time

Lloyd: I thought it was his strongest performance yet, but hes still not good enough. Hes still one of the weakest

Jaime: Havent been feeling him for a few weeks. And his arm waving really annoys me

Danyl: I just dont like him. He can sing but i always feel that hes putting on an act

Predictions: I honestly think Jaime will be in the bottom 2 but im not sure who with. Hopefully with either Danyl or Lloyd.
Are you ready for this?
Lets kick some ass
Old 11-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas4life (View Post)
One of the things they are all told is that you should connect with the song, listen to the lyrics, and that's something they just don't do, they just learn the words and say/sing them, they don't think about what they are actually singing or saying.
Exactly, and the thing that bothered me about last night's is that you could barely even hear them during the chorus, the backing track just completely drowned them out. You could just hear them mumbling out of time behind it the only reason they are marginally entertaining is because of the choreography and outfits, without that they'd be nothing, and neither of those things have anything to do with them. I found Louis' comment about Joe being propped up by the choir hilarious when J&E come on with this ridiculous production behind them every week.

Stacey was by far my favourite last night, and Joe was really good too, other than they were all a bit weak. I usually really like Olly but his weird dance moves are getting a tad annoying now, heh.

I agree with the Danyl/Jamie bottom two predictions, and I hope it is because I would love to see Simon's reaction to that after his "I always trust the public" comments to justify his decision last week
Old 11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe Jamie is gone especially after the amazing performance he gave. Lloyd deserved to go, not him and I say that really liking Lloyd.

Also, I've loved Danii all season but tonight she is by far my favourite of the judges. She had the opportunity to screw Simon over and she took the high road and stuck to what she believed was right. She was honest in her opinion and she stuck to her guns. I really respect her for that.

Louis is a complete and utter moron.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy and not happy with the result. I'm happy one of Simon's acts got out but I wanted it to be Danyl. I loved Jamie's performance of The Show Must Go On but tbh, last night wasn't his best night. Lloyd should've definitely left.

Louis needs to DIAF.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Also, I've loved Danii all season but tonight she is by far my favourite of the judges. She had the opportunity to screw Simon over and she took the high road and stuck to what she believed was right.
I agree with this. Dannii has been the best and most honest of the judges this season. I saw her on the Piers Morgan show the other week and she seems like a lovely person too.

I'm just delighted that one of Simon's acts got the boot, althougth I really wanted it to be Danyl. Mr Cowell's face when he heard Jamie was out kind of made my night.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Addicted Fan

His face was hilarious. I really didnt care who went out of those.

Dannii has been amazing this year, Shes judges based on singing, unlike the others. She could of easily just said Jaime last night to piss off Simon, but she didnt, she still judged on talent.
Are you ready for this?
Lets kick some ass
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Lloyd needs to goooooooo.

Louis is especially unlikeable this year. =/
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Louis is just really grumpy this year for some reason. I find it laughable that he can criticise when other acts have choirs etc when his act has every gimick possible thrown at them.

Totally agree about Danni, she really has upped it this year, and she's actually become the best judge by a mile. She's honest, she gives constructive criticism and actually listens to the singing. There's no hidden agenda.

I was sad to see Jamie go. He wasn't one of my favourties but I still liked him,and there are other acts I would have liked to have seen go before him. To a degree I agree with some of the things printed in the papers about Simon kind of sacrificing Jamie. That opening slot is so difficult, not only do people tend to forget unless it was an amazing performance, but with the clash with Strictly al lot of people turn over as the third acts comes on. Whilst Jamie did sing the song well it wasn't the greatest song so he was immediately at a disadvantage. We are yet to see Danyl open the show, or John and Edward, and maybe Lloyd. Joe, Stacey and Olly have all done it and come through fine.

I thought it was laughable how Louis saved Lloyd, but you knew when Dermot spoke to him before the sing off that Louis had already made up his mind. It didn't matter how well Jamie sung, or how bad Lloyd was.

I love the video for the charity single. And Joe is just so perfect singing Michael Jackson, his voice suits it perfectly. It was also great to see my three favourites all singing together, Joe, Olly,and Stacey. I'm glad they are recognising how good Joe is vocally. And I really thought Olly's voice was good too. I was actually most surprised about Ricky. We never really got to see him show off his voice on the show. Maybe if he had Lloyds looks he would have lasted longer.

Rumours about it possibly being Wham week. Can't say I'm mad about that idea. I don't feel like the songs are good enough if I'm honest, the only one I really love they won't do because it's not near enough Christmas I hope what I heard is wrong.

And I saw these and couldn't resist bringing them over

Vicky

Last edited by Brucas4life; 11-17-2009 at 01:40 PM
Old 11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tonight bored me, I wasn't a huge fan of the theme. Even Jedward didn't seem to have the same entertaining zing as usual. It all just fell a bit flat IMO. Except Joe, another incredible performance from him, the standing ovation from all 4 judges said it all. That boy is amazing.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

finally!