Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think Cher knew she was going tonight . I must admit I was never a big fan of hers, and her millionth mash-up performance tonight fell flat for me, but I quite enjoyed her duet with Will.I.Am... Except for his attempts at singing

Rebecca & Xtina was gorgeous, but it didn't seem to last very long? Surely it must have lasted as long as the others though!
Wasn't very keen on Matt & Rhianna, not sure why .
And despite the fact I am pretty sure Robbie Williams is completely insane, his duet with OD was actually quite fun to watch; they seemed to be having the time of their lives haha.

Anyone know what the winner's first single is meant to be?
Old 12-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Matt is in the finale! Haven't watched the epi yet but I'm excited! And Cher is out but I guess she knew she didn't stand a chance.

Quote:
I am fully aware of the bad press Wagner and Katie have received, some of it has come from Matt. it isn't just made up tabloid reports either.
What are you talking about?

BTW, is it true that there is a problem with Matt's voting lines?

Quote:
And despite the fact I am pretty sure Robbie Williams is completely insane, his duet with OD was actually quite fun to watch; they seemed to be having the time of their lives haha.
I just watched in on YT. They sure had fun. And I lol'ed when Robbie held Niall in the air. LMAO Robbie is insane but I love him.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 12-11-2010 at 05:59 PM
Old 12-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I just watched in on YT. They sure had fun. And I lol'ed when Robbie held Niall in the air. LMAO Robbie is insane but I love him.
Haha, yeah when he picked him up I was slightly scared!

There are always rumors of their being problems with voting lines, I'm never sure whether to believe them or not though!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Speaking on The Xtra Factor, ladies man Matt admitted he had loved the duet. 'It was really, really hot. The girl is absolutely amazing and I want to thank her so much for doing it with me - it was one of the best moments of my life, he said.
Metro

Is it only me who thought it didn't look hot at all; just completely awkward?!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.

Although I root for Matt the most, I wouldn't mind Rebecca or OD winning. I like them all. So whoever wins, YAY!

Quote:
Is it only me who thought it didn't look hot at all; just completely awkward?!
IDK, it looked hot. Though I laughed all the time because Matt behaved like a typical man looking up and down at Rhianna. He was excited.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

IDK, it looked hot. Though I laughed all the time because Matt behaved like a typical man looking up and down at Rhianna. He was excited.
Haaa, IKR?! I watched with my younger brother and he put it bluntly, saying "How does he not have an erection?!"
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your brother's comment. Men.

Was it just me or did Xtina not look too good?

Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

There was something very Taylor Momsen about her look & it didn't suit her
Old 12-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hah, that made me laugh. You're right, it was fun to watch, they all seemed to be enjoying the moment.

I found the other duets fell a bit flat, for me at least - Rihanna (who I now have a crush on, lol) and Matt's was ok but I thought it was awkward at the end and not really what I'd call a duet - they didn't exactly sing much together, same with Rebecca and Christina's, that didn't work for me at all. Rebecca's solo bit was lovely but after that she could not have been there. I thought Cher was way better than will.i.am in their duet Bring back Alexandra and Beyonce, that was fab.

LOL @ this from the Guardian's X Factor liveblog:

Quote:
Finally, Cher gets to duet with Will.I.Am. It was always inevitable that Will.I.Am would make an appearance here. After all, he helped Cheryl Cole pick her final contestants. And then he came back last week to dress up like Mr Motivator's even more ridiculous cousin while shouting "Dirty bit" about 400 times in a row. But he seems to have a genuine interest in Cher, so perhaps this'll be good.

8.27pm: Goodness me. Cher's doing Where Is The Love, a song from when Black Eyed Peas weren't completely awful. And it's not entirely bad. I was not expecting this.

Ah, Will.I.Am is doing I Gotta Feeling, a song from when Black Eyed Peas were completely awful. And it is entirely bad. Again, it is ENTIRELY bad.

Kat | icon |

Last edited by silver lining; 12-12-2010 at 04:49 AM
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Matt/Rihanna - LOVED IT. Just because I love the both of them.
Rebecca/Christina - Enjoyed it because I love Christina, but Rebecca seemed too starstruck to sing very much.
OD/Robbie - Possibly my favourite just because I'm a massive Robbie fan and you could tell they were all having a genuinely amazing time.
Cher/Will.i.am - I actually enjoyed this a lot, Cher was better than him. I found her a lot more likeable last night.

I'm so excited for tonight it's a bit pathetic, let's go Matt and Team Minogue.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
a song from when Black Eyed Peas were completely awful.
WTF? LMAO That was the time when I still liked BEP. After that it went all downhill.

Quote:
Mr Motivator's even more ridiculous cousin

Quote:
I'm so excited for tonight it's a bit pathetic, let's go Matt and Team Minogue.

Quote:
There was something very Taylor Momsen about her look & it didn't suit her
Exactly. And I have to say I hate bleached hair, they make girls/women look ****ty.
Rebecca seemed a bit starstruck, I had the impression too. Matt/Rihanna was great, though as I said earlier I laughed at Matt looking up and down at her but can't blame him, she is hot.
Cher/Will.i.am - I enjoyed it, though she was better than him and don't get me started on his attempts at singing.

As for the solos, my favourite was Matt's. What a surprise. Cher was entertaining and full of energy but it didn't impress me that much. Rebecca unique voice but she was boring on stage again. OD were cute.

The duet with Robbie was insanely fun. But Liam did fck up in the beginning, his voice cracked a bit but he just kept on singing, so kudos.

In the group song I had the impression that only the finalist were singing live and that the rest was lip synching.

Last edited by Karma Police; 12-12-2010 at 05:25 AM
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Matt singing Here With Me, not many guys could sing Dido and pull it off.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here With Me was great

Christina Aguilera strikes me as someone crying out for a make under. I think she looks so much better when she looks natural, but she's always wearing that bright red lipstick. So unflattering. I wish she and Rebecca had sung The Voice Within, I love that song.

I've decided based on the contestants I would want Rebecca to win but it's more important to me that Dannii wins so come on Matt!

Kat | icon |
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope Matt wins, but would love it if Rebecca or OD won.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
...while shouting "Dirty bit" about 400 times in a row.
LOL. I really don't like BEP's new song so this made me laugh a lot.

I don't think I mind who wins too much, though I'm leaning more towards Rebecca & OD because I feel that Matt's vocals haven't been as good the last few weeks (though I am clearly not a professional so my opinion means nothing lol).

Have you guys read about the winner's single? Apparently, unlike in previous years, the three finalists will each release a different song if they win.

Apparently Matt would be releasing a Biffy Clyro song (can't remember the name now but its a slow one), Rebecca would release a Duffy track & OD would be releasing Mr Hudson Forever Young... However, I did read this in the Daily Mail, which says a lot!