Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Dannii is the only one I respect. I used to respect Simon but he is so weird this season. Cheryl is too biased and Louis is too soft.
WORD to all you said. Simon is totally up Cheryl's backside this year. Dannii is the only one I can take seriously.

Quote:
Cher politely explained to her why she didn't sing a ballad
That didn't stop her doing a ballad to save her skin in the sing off. If she's so confident in her own style, she should do it all the time and not switch to what other people want to hear just to save herself.

Quote:
Lea looked beautiful and sounded great
I agree. I've always thought Dianna was the prettiest of the Glee girls, but Lea looked amazing last night. I heard their performance was pre-recorded though, don't know if that's true.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
The media are always exaggerating but you can't blame it only on them. I don't read any media coverage of the X Factor, so I have no idea what the press says about Cher. For me she comes across as very likeable in vids from backstage but then on stage she behaves too cocky on the live shows - not always but still - well that's my impression. I think Cheryl and Simon should be careful with their comments, if they praise her too much, it might go the wrong way. She is only 17, it's easy to get too confident at such an young age.

Which Matt comments were rude?
I think it safe to blame a majority of the bad press for the dislike of Cher. not 1 of the other finalists has had a bad run with the media. The media has been against her from the start. ever since she lost her voice at judges house, the media has said she doesn't deserve to be there. Also, I haven't really followed the X factor prior to this season, but I'm pretty sure none of the past winners have had negative press surrounding them. Joe, Alexandra, Leona, etc.

the negative media plays a big role in the public forming an opinion. I don't find her all that cocky on stage. maybe when she performs, but i perceive that as confidence and when she talks to the judges I think she is incredibly shy and is listening to what they are saying. She isn't a smiley girl, so I don't expect her to always be smiling and nodding her head in agreement with them saying thanks you over and over again. I have seen Cheryl motion to her to calm down and breathe multiple times when she is standing there listening to the judges.

when Matt said Katie was a fame hungry whore. whether you agree with the comments or not, or if you like Katie or not, it was very rude to say. He also repeatedly called Wagner an effing joke. Again, whether you thinks it true or not, extremely rude to say.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
not 1 of the other finalists has had a bad run with the media.
Not exactly true, Katie was regularly torn to shreds by the tabloids, even more than Cher IMO. And Wagner didn't get a great time of it either.

I actually think Cher has a pretty nice voice when she just stands and sings, when she sang Stay for example, that was really good. It's her "unique" rapping style that makes me dislike most of her performances, that's just not to my taste. But that's simply my own personal opinion.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no clue when Matt said that. As I said I only watch the shows, so I have no clue what happens for the rest of the week or what they say off the show.

Cher doesn't come across as very likeable at times. She is very lovely in the vids, when she says that this is her dream and that she wants people to see that if you have a dream, you shouldn't back down. But on the live shows she sometimes behaves a bit too cocky. And she told Dannii that she doesn't won't to change herself but sang a ballad when she was in the bottom two, so that's hypocritical.

Cher doesn't really stand a chance at winning the show. She seems to be the least favourite of them all. But she won't be lost, Cheryl and Simon were talking about Cheryl rapping with Cher in the future on the Xtra Factor. So I'm sure that both Cheryl and Simon will help her after the show and help her record an album.

And yeah I think Katie got the most negative press.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by - bad romance - (View Post)
I agree. I've always thought Dianna was the prettiest of the Glee girls, but Lea looked amazing last night. I heard their performance was pre-recorded though, don't know if that's true.
I think they recorded it in front of the Saturday audience, or earlier that day at least.

I'm pretty sure it was live apart from all the 'da da' bits because I can't see that they'd record a new studio version of the song (to miss out Chris and add Diana, Chord, Hemo and Harry) just for one performance.

I think the media have picked on Cher and Katie since the start because they were put through controversially. I thought Cher seemed adorable at her first audition but sometimes when she's been on stage in the live shows she does seem a bit cocky. I'm fairly indifferent to her - sometimes I think she's good, sometimes not so good - to be honest it's the way Cheryl treats her like her pet that bugs me the most.

So who do you all think will win?

Kat | icon |
Old 12-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
to be honest it's the way Cheryl treats her like her pet that bugs me the most.
THIS. She's so obviously biased in favour of Cher over Rebecca, no matter what she says. Cher even looks a lot like a mini Cheryl.

Quote:
So who do you all think will win?
It's between Matt and Rebecca, but I think Matt will edge it. I'm a bit worried about all the screaming teenage girls who will be voting for One Direction though.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently the latest conspiracy theory is that they changed the rules to give the judges the power to save Cher because she's duetting with Cheryl in the final. That really would just cement that Cheryl favours Cher over Rebecca. Unless they let Rebecca duet with someone who can sing well

I think One Direction have a serious chance. Sure they'll have a career whatever happens though. Simon will see to that.

Kat | icon |
Old 12-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

I heard Matt would be singing with Christina Aguilera which would be interesting, both can hit some very high notes. I wonder what song they would sing.

I saw Simon has said the show has done nothing wrong and that they have always had a sing off when there is five people left. Which is very interesting. Just because he says it doesn't make it true. Lloyd left last year based on the public vote in 5th place, so did Ruth the previous year and so have other acts in the past.

Some Homecoming pictures:

X Factor 2010: Cheryl Cole joins Rebecca Ferguson for Liverpool homecoming | Mail Online
X Factor 2010: Cher Lloyd cheered on homecoming trip... but will she be the first to fall as hate campaign grows? | Mail Online

Vicky
Old 12-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does Simon honestly think people can't check that kind of thing out? And isn't the issue just as much that they strongly implied it would be based on viewers' votes alone? If they were upfront at the start they'd probably not piss as many people off.

Quote:
I heard Matt would be singing with Christina Aguilera which would be interesting, both can hit some very high notes. I wonder what song they would sing.
Makes sense - she does have a film to promote It would be interesting to hear, I wonder how their voices would work together.

Kat | icon |

Last edited by silver lining; 12-07-2010 at 02:27 PM
Old 12-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Christina & Matt?! Ooh that sounds an interesting duet!

I assume at least one act will go out on Saturday night, leaving 3/2 on Sunday - anyone know if this is the case?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Matt & Rebecca to win all the way. I love both of them equally and would be happy with either one winning. They both deserve it. I've never felt that way about any talent show ever.

A Christina & Matt duet would be amazing!

& wow, Matt said that? Is this true or is that a tabloid? I kind of agree with him to an extent actually...especially about Wagner, but I wouldn't have said it like that personally, or said it at all actually I don't think.

Quote:
I swear Dannii is the only judge I listen to anymore, she's the only one who is capable of being relatively unbiased and isn't afraid to tell one of the more popular acts when she didn't think they were quite up to the mark, like with Rebecca a few weeks back and Cher last night. The rest of them fawn over everyone and come away with such biased, gushing drivel that it makes me cringe tbh.
IA Simon & Cheryl make me cringe consistently.

Quote:
THIS. She's so obviously biased in favour of Cher over Rebecca, no matter what she says. Cher even looks a lot like a mini Cheryl.

It's between Matt and Rebecca, but I think Matt will edge it. I'm a bit worried about all the screaming teenage girls who will be voting for One Direction though.
Cheryl is really biased between the two. It's really sad and quite aggravating to watch. Another thing that's annoying me with Cher is how her & Simon always seem to team up together. It seems as if it's becoming more and more apparent every week. Or maybe it always was and I'm just late on realizing it

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that too. While I do like One Direction, they don't deserve to be in the finale with Matt or Rebecca. IMO Rebecca & Matt deserve that spot fully, 100%. I rather have One Direction in the finale rather than Cher though
Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Now I'm hearing that the duet will be Xtina & Rebecca, not Matt. Also Robbie Williams & One Direction (I don't like Robbie so not looking forward to that if its true)... Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Robbie will be back? I loved his duet with olly last year. But don't know about a duo with One Direction.

I would love for Matt to sing with a rock front man like Eddie Vedder. I know that's not possible but a girl can dream, right?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Eddie Vedder I would die if he'd be on this show
Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Not exactly true, Katie was regularly torn to shreds by the tabloids, even more than Cher IMO. And Wagner didn't get a great time of it either.
I was talking about the final finalists, you know, Matt, Cher, Rebecca and One Direction.

I am fully aware of the bad press Wagner and Katie have received, some of it has come from Matt. it isn't just made up tabloid reports either. I'm pretty sure Wagner, Katie and Matt himself confirmed it. Katie also said that Aiden was completely rude to her as well because of how Matt felt toward her.

I would love for Cher to win, but I'm not delusional. I love Rebecca's voice, but she is so boring. even when she "danced" in the last episode she just stood there. Matt is an annoying jerk with a high, whiny voice. I definitely don't want him to win, and I don't think he will sell as well as Rebecca, One Direction or Cher.
I'm rooting for One Direction to win if Cher doesn't. Them seem sweet and fresh. they will sell for sure. I love Harry and Liam's voices as well!

ETA: I am disappointed that Cher is dueting with Will.I.Am. I can't stand him. he is a terrible performer, and his performances are nearly 90% auto tuned. ugh! that will definitely not help Cher.