Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

The WB's Superstar USA

Did anyone catch this last night? I realize that there are a lot of jokes in Reality TV - but this one takes the cake! Not only is it cruel, some of these people seem "off". What if they kill themselves over this??

It could happen...being humilited like that.

**For those of you who don't know its like American Idol - only the 3 judges tell the ones that are terrible that they are GREAT singers and the ones that really CAN sing are sent home.

They even hire a fake audience to cheer for them & after the winner is announced at the end of the whole process - they are going to be told in front of everyone that it was a joke & that they really stink.

Cantbehrit
Old 05-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Re: The WB's Superstar USA

I think it's so cruel! This is really going too far. I saw about 5 mintues last night and I felt bad for watching. Also, like just mentioned, some of these people seemed a bit off. I would be scared something like this would push someone over the edge by being so humiliated. But then, I think of that Asian guy who goes around singing She Bangs (?) he knows he's bad, but people cheer him on and he seems to have fun with it.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I enjoy the William Hung, dont know about this show. Watched it, kind of enjoyed it, but are we really supposed to accept the fact that the people auditioning take Tone Loc and Vitamin C's critiques seriously?

Whats next a judging panel of "Right Said Fred", the lead singer of "Aqua" and Doug E. Doug?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree that this show is cruel. I feel really sorry for the ones who can't sing and the ones who can sing. Because the ones who can sing are probably gonna get a complex after hearing that they suck (When they really don't)
Yeah, the show can be funny. But it's funny in a mean way. I also agree that some of the people are off and who knows what they'll do to themselves when they find out it was a joke. However, it always seems that the people who can't sing and they are told they can't sing, never believe what anyone says. If they think they can sing, even if they can't, they usually still go on thinking that they can.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Absolute Fan

I only caught the first episode. It was amusing, but it may become annoying pretty quickly. I love the television producer judge, though.

"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"You sucked."

For some reason, that cracks me up every time I hear it. And the "You make me want to be a better man" bit. Bwah!

Vitamin C telling the one guy to sing the song over but change every "Yeah" to "No" and the guy actually doing it? Priceless.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 05-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

I watched some of this show the other night but I couldn't take anymore. It's so bad.

Old 05-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah this show was nothing spectacular. I think the bad singers are better to watch on American Idol. It is entertaining but I think it will get old rather fast.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Addicted Fan

omg i just love this show!! the judges r the best. and the contestants- not only r they bad but they also must be RETARDED to think that they can sing. and thats why this is the greatest reality program since JOE MILLIONERE!!

and i cannot belive that they kicked that guy off. the one with the high heels thats "provocative like Madonna" he was my fave and i thought he would win!

this show is so bad that its good, and just by watching it i have a feeling im going to hell

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 05-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Tehehe, Iva you're silly.

I find the blonde girl who reads the lyrics off her hand hilarious. I don't think that she'll make it to the end though, because there are worse singers than her. And how the judges can keep a straight face is beyond me...

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nun with a gun

this show is so bad that its good, and just by watching it i have a feeling im going to hell

*iva*
Agreed. The judges are hilarious. I love it when Briggs talks about how someone made love to a song and then gets so detailed about taking it to diner, seducing it, choking it, and then making breakfast for it the next morning.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gleebo
Agreed. The judges are hilarious. I love it when Briggs talks about how someone made love to a song and then gets so detailed about taking it to diner, seducing it, choking it, and then making breakfast for it the next morning.
OMG i think i pissed my pants when he said that

*iva*

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 05-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I was so mad that they got rid of the drag queen guy and the Michael Jacksonish Asian! Those guys sucked and were a riot to watch. I felt kind of bad for the drag queen guy because he seemed so inhibited even in the midst of all of his outrageous clothing.

That big boobed chick who can never remember the words sucked, yeah, but I think she got by on her looks. It was really funny that she kept going back to random parts of the song though.

And that Asian chick who sang Roxanne- HAHAHAHA! I can't believe the judge told her that to be politically correct she shouldn't kick so much because that suggests karate but instead she should start doing rowing moves! I couldn't stop laughing; I have no idea how these judges keep a straight face.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 06-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like the judges on this show better then the American Idol ones

"There's nothing that we cannot do beneath a canopy of stars..."
from Shining Light by ASH (Roswell soundtrack)
Old 06-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

This show is a riot.

I think they should've kept the black guy that sang "Endless Love" for the final four. He was just horrible and sang off-key. They kept the skinny, dorky guy, but his singing isn't as bad as the others. He's just dorky.

It was funny when the one judge turned his back while Jaime was singing so he wouldn't be "distracted".
When people get the opportunity to talk about the real issues, it becomes clear how vacuous the present agenda is. I have never met anyone in Vermont who thinks it's a good idea to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut back on health care and education. Nobody.-U.S. Representative Bernie Sanders
Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I love it when Briggs talks about how someone made love to a song and then gets so detailed about taking it to diner, seducing it, choking it, and then making breakfast for it the next morning.
LOL! Damn, I'm sorry I stopped watching the show just because I missed that.

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large