Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article.

Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

The first 3 people get kicked off, because *edited for spoilers*

Also... i'm rooting for Jonathan. He looks soooo adorable! I love his blue eyes..in the pic where you view his bio.

Also, did y'all know that Amber and Rob are going to be on the next Amazing Race? That'll be interesting!

Last edited by jennarose; 02-16-2005 at 04:40 PM
Old 02-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait for survivor. I need to go to the website and look at the players this time around.

really, they're going to be on it? guess I'll have to check it out. they are my favorites from survivor after all...well, rob was one of them
Old 02-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry... I totally didn't even think about the spoilers when I posted that. I apologize!

Can't wait for TONIGHT! WOO HOO It comes on as the same time that the OC does, but I have DVR. I'm just not sure which one I will watch and which one I will record????
Old 02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I'm not as excited for Survivor as I am sometimes but I'm ready for it to begin and I'll be watching. I'm way behind on The O.C. (I've been taping it) so I don't have a conflict there.

chantelly, The Amazing Race with Rob and Amber begins on March 1.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose
I'm not as excited for Survivor as I am sometimes but I'm ready for it to begin and I'll be watching. I'm way behind on The O.C. (I've been taping it) so I don't have a conflict there.

chantelly, The Amazing Race with Rob and Amber begins on March 1.

Thanks wasn't sure exactly when it aired! That'll be interesting to watch!
Old 02-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

I liked Jolanda but I can see how with her strong personality she would be annoying very fast, both to her tribe and to the viewers. (And they got rid of the woman who sang too. Good deal. I would not have been able to put up with that for another episode.) I also liked Angie so I was torn on which one I wanted to stay. I don't think Angie and her unfortunate tattoos are going to last long anyway.

With 20 people, the picking of tribes, and two tribes on one beach then sending one tribe to the other beach, I think they needed more than an hour for this first episode. Other than Jolanda and Angie, no one really made an impression on me. Oh, yeah, Coby. Hate. Real smart to basically ally yourself then NOT PICK HER (and almost lead to her immediate elimination) when you have a chance. She's going to remember that, dumbass. If she lasts.

How did the team lose their fire? I must have zoned out because they were paddling along and the next thing I knew, they were saying their fire chest was on the bottom of the ocean.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose
How did the team lose their fire? I must have zoned out because they were paddling along and the next thing I knew, they were saying their fire chest was on the bottom of the ocean.
They were paddling over to the island and a big wave hit them and they're whole boat tipped over or something like that.

The whole 20 tribe members thing was kind of confusing...I liked it better when it was 16. I only knew about six people's names by the end of the show.

& even though I felt bad for the two people who didn't get picked, good move getting rid of the singing lady. She reminded me of Lil from Pearl Islands. I could not handle another one of those for an entire season...
Old 02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

I thought they needed more than an hour for this first episode too and I was really surprised to see that it was only an hour long.

I didn't care for Jolanda so I didn't mind seeing her go. I am so, so, so glad that Wanda (the singing lady) was immediately eliminated. I couldn't have stood her for more than an episode. I agree, it was really stupid of Coby to align himself with Angie and then pretty much turn his back on her before their alliance could even really start. Stupid.

The tribe lost their fire because their canoe tipped over somehow and it sunk all the way to the bottom of the ocean floor since it was weighted down.

My turn to ask a question, did any of the tribes get lost looking for their homes? I seem to recall the previews showing people saying "We're lost!" but I don't remember that happening in this episode. Of course, I seem to have zoned out at some point because I don't remember some of what happened.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well I guess I was wrong with how the 3 people get kicked off. I'm never listening to Jimmy Hollywood again.

Honestly, I absolutely hated the episode. I really liked Jonathan and i'm pretty pissed off that no one picked him because of that stupid ass guy going around and telling everyone not to. So WHAT he jumped out of the boat! So did Stephenie and she got picked towards the beginning. UGH! Don't know if I wanna watch now!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I think the "people get lost" was to throw us off track.

I did NOT like that they sent two people home right away. I thought it was a cheap ploy. Had that been me, I would have been FURIOUS at both the other Survivors AND CBS. I probably would have cussed them out and tell Mark Burnett and CBS that I want nothing to do with the show. And if they made me go on The Early Show I would be a jerk and say something rude to Julie Chen and not cooperate. . Imagine making arrangements with work, your family, etc. only to be sent home immediately. I hope they got compensated well.

I really wanted Jolanda to say. She has a very amazing bio, but you would think that after 10 seasons people would realize that it's PERFECTLY FINE to have a "strong personality" (usually code for BOSSY) but for the love of God DON'T SHOW THAT IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS!

I liked the challenge a lot; liked how it was kind of a boot camp type of thing. And glad to see it WASN'T just a remade version of a previous challenge. And Tribal council looked really cool.

I agree one hours was too short, still don't really feel like I know anyone.

This one girl I SWEAR was on American Idol. She looked just like this person that was in the three person group that was having problems with the Asian girl (24, skinny, braces) who couldn't remember the words.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I hated that they booted out 2 people immediately. Seems very unfair. They never had a chance. Not that I'm sad to see the singing lady go, but still, I think she and the guy were ripped off!! Very lame. That guy didn't get picked only because the other guy went around hinting he should be the first to go. (Sorry-I hardly know anyone's names!!) The should have used 2 hours for this episode with so many dang people. I felt bad for those people picked last on the tribes. It makes you think of school days and being picked for teams. The last few are always going to feel rotten.

I did not like Jolanda at all and I'm glad she's gone. I cannot stand when people are that dominant and act like leaders from the start. There are plenty of people around, what makes her think she gets to make all the decisions? You do not act like that in the very beginning. See ya!

How ironic that the immunity winning team (can't remember tribe names either ) only brought fire with them through the race, only to lose it. And what were they thinking...going to the new beach? When they already have shelters started and found their water supply. Did they think it was a trick and it was a special beach with supplies? dumb. Yeah..I'd want to start all over completely from scratch. Hopefully in next week's episode they go out and try to find the crate that dropped. I wonder how deep they were when they tipped over.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for explaining how they lost the fire. I wish I had been paying more attention to that part. I wonder whether they will get to take fire back from tribal council, if they go there without finding their fire.

I would have been mad if I'd been booted almost immediately, but I didn't mind it as a viewer. They have to introduce new ideas so it's not the same old thing all the time. I also liked the way they chose the tribes, making a chain instead of having one person do all the choosing. I was cruel to the players but interesting to me.

I was surprised that Jonathan wasn't picked, but the last woman to do the picking was older so she picked Willard over the young guy.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

My favourite player as of right now has to be Ian. He's one of thoes guys that looks like the cute quirky nerd, and he's younger but is actually quite smart. I like his alliance with that Ken guy and the other girl, it actually seems quite strong.

I Hate, i repeat HATE Colby with a passion. God, like he goes back on a alliance in the first three days? I'm scared he's going to last, but hes never going to make it to the end.

I noticed something, that usually the winners or the 'Top Two' are usually people who go under the radar almost the whole way. THough i did say usually because there is exceptions. That's why, I loved Rob so much on the All Stars season. He practically controlled everyone without going under the radar, he was the godfather of Survivor. Even though i can tell that i'll enjoy this season im still missing my rob and amber. But i'm glad that they're on the Amazing Race, but Rob looks way hotter on the island, he's skinny and more tanned.

Overall, i think i'll always like survivor as long as they have a cute guy on there

Brooke.
I'll kill who you hate, take off that dress, you won't freeze
Old 02-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

I am going to be watching this. I really thought Jolanda would make it further than she did. I too, was glad they got rid of the singing woman. I mean I can understand that she was excited to be there and all, but she was just a tad too enthusiastic. I'm already pulling for Ian ( I think that was his name) the dolphin trainer.

SATC