New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Survivor Palau premieres February 17th!

From the CBS website:

Quote:
Twenty Americans are stranded in Palau, the South Pacific paradise some call the 8th natural wonder of the world, where colorful wildlife, dense jungles and an underwater world beyond belief are haunted by the wreckage and remnants of World War II. From the beginning, the game will be changed in a dramatic way: everything the Survivors have come to expect will be wiped out in the first 10 minutes. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast all others in Palau? Get to know the new Survivors now, and don't miss a single episode of SURVIVOR: PALAU, premiering Thursday, February 17 at 8 pm ET/PT, only on CBS.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/index.shtml

I think this is going to be a great season! I am really interested to see how they "theme" this season and tie in the WWII history aspect of it. I think it's such a great idea too because so many of the WWII veterans are starting to pass on and will be an interesting look at history. Maybe they will do some challenges involving the WWII stuff. On a side note, does anyone know who used the island as a staging round? Was it the axis or allied forces? And where exactly is Palau located? I would think in the South Pacific, but I really don't know.

I wonder if they are still going to do the "native tribe" type of stuff. I mean that's interesting and all, but it's getting kind of old. I hope they focus on the WWII aspect of it.

Amazing! This place is so beautiful! Pictures from the Island:

Old 01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread. I knew they were supposed to reveal the cast on The Early Show this morning but I didn't get to see it. I had to leave before they got to it. Did you see it? Any early favorites?

Here's a map with an arrow pointing to Palau. It's near the Philippines.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the map! I thought it was in that area but wasn't sure exactly where.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Looks like they aren't too far from Vanuantu. Thanks mh67511 for starting the thread and those cool pics!
Old 01-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm excited. I mean, it has to be better than last season.

They had a little segment about this season on E! News Live yesterday. Would it be considered spoilerish if I post what was said?

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Post it but just leave a few blank lines of space in case someone doesn't want ANY info. At least that's what I would od.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulgarbage
They had a little segment about this season on E! News Live yesterday. Would it be considered spoilerish if I post what was said?
It's hard to answer that without knowing what they said. I'd say if it's about the cast, go ahead and post it but if it's details about the game it's probably a spoiler.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw a special on TV Guide Channel last night. It was a little spoilerish so I will post a warning.

First off there will be 20 people this season. It sounds like they will all be living on the same beach, but not sure if they will be split into groups. The first episode 3 people leave; not sure why but they said after the first episode only 17 survivors remain.

They are really playing up the WWII theme. Tribal council has many artifacts that were found on the island. Additionally, some of the challenges will have a war theme. Jeff Probst did a tour of Tribal Council and it looks REALLY good; the center fire is actually old garbage cans and they have 4 Japanese Anti-aircraft guns throughout. The "torch snuffer" is also some sort of WWII wreckage.

They also said that unlike last season, this season's suvrivors will have way more PERSONALITY, so it should be easier to connect with them earlier on!

I personally think this is shaping up to be a great season! The whole war theme sounds a lot more interesting than the typical "island native" theme. Not that it was bad, it was just getting really old.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Unfortunately the war theme bores me. I'm just not interested in wars and I'm particularly turned off by WWII. I hope the cast is good to make up for it.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm just glad we wont have to hear (hopefully) the whole "fire is life" yada yada speech. That was the ONE thing that always drove me nuts about Survivor.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm excited for it to start up again! Should be a good season!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh67511
I'm just glad we wont have to hear (hopefully) the whole "fire is life" yada yada speech. That was the ONE thing that always drove me nuts about Survivor.
I don't think they will ever get rid of that.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose
I don't think they will ever get rid of that.
Dang, I wish they would just can that. It's cheesy!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh67511
Dang, I wish they would just can that. It's cheesy!
Yeah, it really is...but in some sick way, I think I'd be disapointed if it wasn't there...it's just something I've come to expect I guess lol
Old 02-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

From www.yahoo.com

Driver Said to Make 'Survivor' Tape on Bus
Sun Feb 13, 6:51 AM ET Television - AP

BUENA VISTA, Pa. - A school bus driver encouraged students to jump around, throw things and misbehave on her moving bus so she could make an audition videotape for the reality television show "Survivor," police said.

Maureen Monaghan was charged with recklessly endangering children after allegedly urging 10 students to act up on her bus for the video, which she hoped would earn her a spot on the CBS show.

A separate camera on the inside of the bus recorded the Jan. 6 incident, and the bus company gave the footage to police.

"She encouraged the children to be disorderly on the bus while it was moving," Elizabeth Township police Chief Robert Wallace said. "In viewing the tape, there was so much commotion going on, we felt it was a very unsafe situation for her to allow this to happen."

It was not clear why the driver wanted misbehaving students in the video. The network suggests that "Survivor" applicants use their auditions to "talk about your job" and "why you would be the ultimate Survivor," according to the show's Web site.

Police collected 21 permission slips that some parents signed related to the taping, but only Monaghan's name was on the bottom, and there was no indication school officials knew about the plan, officer Kris Wagstaff said.

A woman who answered the telephone listed under Monaghan's name said Monaghan was not home Saturday and referred all questions to attorney Charles LoPresti, who did not immediately return a phone message left at his office.

The school district is investigating, spokeswoman Jane Milner said.

A representative of Monaghan's employer, Pennsylvania Coach Lines, would not comment on the case.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Closed Thread   Post New Thread