Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

lol Yeah, that's true. I'm sure the all winners season will be so much better.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t know what it is, but this is the first season I have truly enjoyed in a while. No, it’s not top 5 for me, but I like this cast.

Janet is playing REALLY well right now. I’m impressed with her.
ICON
Old 11-13-2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

'Survivor' Season 40 Is Starting Earlier Than You Think

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. I don't know if I've ever done such a complete 180 on a season as I did tonight. It sucks, because I was really enjoying it up until tonight. And I was actually really enjoying the cast, for the most part. I do still feel like we have a lot of players there and that they're playing hard, but I've lost a ton of respect for the vast majority of them. Tonight, some people showed their true colors and showed how low they are willing to stoop, all in the name of "playing the game."

Janet . . . my hero. I love her and am whole-heartedly rooting for her to win the game. That could salvage the season. She's a damn good person. She ****ing deserves it. She set aside a relationship that would have been best for her game in order to do what she felt was morally right for everyone else. Much respect. I wish she hadn't wasted her idol, though.

Jamal . . . I was sad to see him go. I didn't particularly like him in episode 2, but when we started getting more confessionals with him and started hearing his thoughts at tribal council, he really grew on me. He's very articulate and insightful, and I thought what he said at tribal tonight about how men had a responsibility to listen to women and be willing to change their own behavior . . . so much respect for that, too. (Unfortunately, he totally bungled the sabotage opportunity he had. There was a lot more he could have done with that.)

Kellee . . . god, not only did we lose Jamal tonight, we also lost Kellee. My heart broke for her hearing her talk about how Dan made her feel. And was this the first time ever we heard Survivor producers during a confessional? And the first time (other than med-evacs) that we've seen the cameras? Anyway, that's besides the point. I'm really bummed she got voted out. Hell, even Dean betrayed her after she saved him. I really thought she was going to go farther.

I actually like Noura and Karishma, and besides Janet, they're the only two I'm rooting for after tonight.

Aaron disgusted me at tribal council. What he was saying reeked of ignorance and a total lack of compassion. He came across as a man who questions a female's feelings to the point of invalidating them. And his whole thing about, "Well, if this was the real world . . ." SHUT UP, Aaron! Sexual assault can exist in the game just like it can outside of it. Just like racism. Just like everything else. Survivor isn't separate from the real world. It's still very, VERY real.

Dan . . . what do I even say? I would like to believe that he is just a touchy-feely person and did not have any intention to make anyone uncomfortable. But the fact of the matter is that he did, and while I can understand that that would be difficult for him to hear that discussed at tribal if that wasn't his intention, he needs to just straight up apologize to the ladies and take this as a gigantic learning opportunity in his life. I hoped that he had done that back in the first episode of the season, but it's continued to happen, and that's concerning. Unfortunately, he's the perfect person to drag to the end now, because there is no way he'll ever win.

And here's where I'm REALLY PISSED. Elizabeth and Missy. Pissed actually isn't even a strong enough word for it. I'm livid. I'm disgusted. Right when Missy told Elizabeth to play it up, I was like, "Um, am I hearing this right? That's . . . really not cool. It's wrong. They shouldn't do that." And then Elizabeth went right ahead and did it. And Missy was having that whole conversation with Kellee about it, too. It wasn't joking. Or at least it shouldn't have been a joke. A topic like that is serious. And for them to stoop so low that they would use sexual harassment as strategy is just as repulsive to me as what Dan has done. And unlike with Dan, there is no doubt surrounding their intentions here. They played up some very serious feelings and gender issues all to better themselves in the game. That's just not okay, and I think Janet had every reason to be upset with them.

I'm so angry about so many things that went down tonight. It's so disappointing, too, because I liked Elizabeth and Missy. (I've actually been a fan of Elizabeth since the early days of her swimming career.) And I'm so disgusted that Dan's behavior has continued. And I'm so bummed that Kellee and Jamal left tonight. This season just . . . it swerved in a not so good direction tonight, and it's very frustrating.
ICON
Old 11-13-2019, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Man this episode was all over the place, yikes!

Dan and the stuff going on with the girls seemed pretty serious at first and quickly turned into gameplay. I don't know what to really think about it. but Kelley always felt a certain way about Dan touching her so that's always been consistent. but I also felt bad for Janet since she was just trying to do the right thing for the girls.

And Kelley going home with TWO!!! immunity what's wrong with these people. PLAY THEM!!!
Old 11-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Twitter is livid.
ICON
Old 11-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I thought the first episode was great. Finally some interesting stuff was happening.

I don't think Dan necessarily intentionally is trying to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Some people are just affectionate. I know I can be touchy sometimes. HOWEVER, there are certain touches that cross lines imo like being too close to your hip or your leg etc. And if she said she didn't want to be touched he should have immediately stopped. And his apology to Kelly was ridiculous. He was like "I'm sorry for touching you when I stepped over you or touched you to ask you to step aside" etc. That was not a sincere apology. He def. should have just accepted that this was going to be discussed and tried to apologize SINCERELY. His behavior after everything is questionable to me because he couldn't accept what was being said. And all the girls rallying around him didnt sit right with me. They should have been straight up and said "yeah you are making some people uncomfortable."

I'm glad the producers stepped in and talked to him. Clearly a few girls were uncomfortable and their feelings need to be taken into consideration. Its fine if other women don't feel Dan has been inappropriate, I personally don't think his touches would have bothered me (depending on what they were, we dont really know all of them) because I'm just that way, but its not cool for them to try to tell Dan that no no no he's fine and they are overreacting etc. Because clearly some people genuinely were offended by him.

And even though I didn't like Kelly and DO think she over exaggerates a lot, her feelings about this specifically are valid. This whole thing aside though, I am glad she was voted out because she annoyed me. I cannot believe she didnt use one of her idols! DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Liz was sort of a dummy for admitting that she said she was uncomfortable in front of Dan. And then later saying she only said it because its what Janet wanted? What the hell. I'm team Janet on this one. She was trying to support the other women and they go and turn on her and try to make it look like her was her decision to get rid of Dan when it wasn't? Good grief. With that said, Im not sure Janet is the best player there, she might be too emotional.

Who the hell is Aaron? I saw he won immunity and literally I was like "Who is that?" Never seen that dude in my life lmao. And him with that dumb thing in his mouth when he wins is so cocky and annoying. The second tribal annoyed me so much, bless Jamal for speaking up and defending Janet and saying that just because Aaron didn't know about the stuff was Dan means it wasn't happening. And whether Dan meant to be the way or not he needs to take a look at what he's done. I also felt bad for Janet at the second tribal with everyone making her feel like she was the one to make the thing with Dan into something when she wasn't. She was just trying to defend Kelly. So frustrating.

There are so many people I cant stand and only a few that I like... Janet a LITTLE, Dean... oh and the red-haired guy is alright. But I'm not that gung ho about anyone.

I'm sad Jamal was voted out because i also sort of liked him.

Last edited by Alexa; 11-13-2019 at 11:14 PM
Old 11-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aaron saying that Janet was trying to make herself out to be a victim was so ridiculous. She wasn’t doing that.
ICON
Old 11-14-2019, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I actually was rooting for Missy and Aaron to do well but after this episode i'm not sure anymore.

Jack and Jamal were also my favorites but they're out...
Old 11-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I need to watch the full two hours when it's On Demand, but I did kind of see the last hour. I agree that it's disgusting what went down, and the way the sexual harassment was handled. I'm also disappointed to hear Missy was part of this. She was the one I was rooting for to win but after hearing this, to hell with her then.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What makes me so angry is that something like this just gives fuel to the people who believe it’s okay to question a woman when she comes forward about harassment. It’s hard to say “we need to believe women” when women like Missy and Liz (and let’s not forget Lauren) use a situation like this in the way they did.
ICON
Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

After watching the episode, I'm the most disgusted by Liz, Dan, and Aaron. Liz was acting like a complete robot about it, Dan kept whining at TC about Jeff not letting it go (MF, you wouldn't stop so damn right he's not going to let it go) and Aaron trying to shut Janet up by saying she's making it about her and if it was a problem they all would of known. STFU Aaron, I was so glad to see Jamal shut him down. To think I couldn't stand Jamal most of the episodes. I'm nervous Janet is their next target but I hope she can find a way to stick around.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

That really was an intense 2 episodes!

I can’t believe Kellee left with TWO idols! I think this is the the season where that’s happened the most.

As for the Dan thing (I don’t want to get too much into it, because everyone else has pretty much said everything that I’m thinking and feeling about it ), but I don’t even get or understand why Missy & Elizabeth did what they did... How was it helping their gameplay to treat Janet the way they did? Do they want to keep Dan around because no one will vote for him at the end?

Lots of news articles about it, obviously:

"Survivor" addresses sexual harassment after contestant accused of "inappropriate touching"

Survivor Contestants Missy Byrd and Elizabeth Beisel Apologize For Their Actions
3-TIME US OLYMPIAN ELIZABETH BEISEL RELEASES STATEMENT ON SURVIVOR INCIDENT

Old 11-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m not surprised Missy and Liz’s Twitter apologies are getting the reactions they are. Personally, I’m now at the point where I just hope they learn from this and become better people. I know none of us is perfect, and the Internet in this day and age of cancel culture can be brutal, even when people are attempting to apologize. But they both mentioned in their apologies that they “didn’t know the full story,” and that strikes me as odd. Producers met with the contestants about it. How can they claim they didn’t know?

Has Dan issued an apology? Because, um . . .
ICON
Old 11-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I believe their apologizes & believe that they are sincere, but you’re right, April. It doesn’t make a lot of sense that they were spoken to about it & still didn’t know the whole context of the situation...