Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2019, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yeah, I’ve been seeing some stuff from people who don’t think Devans should win. “Returning players” have won seasons where they played again (Rob, Parvati, Cochran), so in some ways, Devans is like a “returning player” and has every right to win. It’s not like he’s just sitting around doing nothing. He’s winning challenges, and is playing a great game! People are just bitter their favorite’s not in anymore, i.e. Joe, and this is coming from someone who loves Joe & wanted him to win.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

BS!!!!! Not sure how to feel about that finale...

First of all, EoE was fun to watch, I was glad it happened right away. I was glad to see Chris get back in, but I mostly didn't want it to be Joe lol.

Second, Devons making those fake idols and finding yet another to take him to final 4 was AMAZING. This is why this guy deserved to win. He was just GOOD and he was also entertaining. Didn't feel bad for Lauren going after she gave Chris her idol, that was a dumb move.

Devons giving Chris back his half of the idol was the mistake he made. He should have kept it. Chris would have gone home and he might have had a shot at that fire challenge.

Chris winning that last challenge was what he needed to do to have a shot at winning and then taking Devons with him in the fire challenge was a great move. It was really his only chance at winning the million imo. But it really sucked to see Devons get taken out there. He really should have won the whole thing.

The final 3 was okay but it was obvious that Julie was not getting any votes. I knew it was going to come down to Chris or Gavin. I think they both were decent winners, but IDK, I think Gavin should have won because he had at least lasted the whole game and made strong alliances. He was also never a target despite winning a few immunities. But sadly he didnt argue his game very wel. Chris did a better job at talking up his plays so I see why he got votes.

But I just think its silly that someone that was voted out SO EARLY ON won the damn game.

So glad that Devon's got the "Sia" award (Though its a bit odd that she wasnt there... how do we know it was really from her? lol) But with that said, I am glad he got some money. He is just hilarious.

ROB IS BACK SDFSDFSSDS. But I dont think he is playing??? EHHHHH I dont know about that. And "Island of the Idols" really? Does that mean there will be more idols lmao.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:11 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, the finale sucked. Devons really deserved to win but I just knew he wouldn't win the last immunity challenge, the one that matters SMH. Chris winning just felt wrong to me, and he pretty much got lucky and stole the game. Next season Rob and Sandra aren't playing, I guess their mentors (love me some Sandra so I'm happy to see her back) I just hope it's better than this season and it's stupidly painful EOE twist was zzz.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly, as he was sitting there in the front of everyone I just kept thinking about how i didnt even know his name when the finale started, as many viewers probably didnt either. It was just too weird. And they said he only played 12 days in the game. IDK... It was silly imo.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Total BS.

ETA: Just watched the reunion and at least Devens got the Sia award of 100 thousand dollars

Last edited by a new hope; 05-16-2019 at 10:39 AM
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I'm glad Devons at least won that. He literally should of won the game, he busted his ass to stay and made so many good moves. He was the ONLY reason some of the episodes weren't extremely boring. It seems it's just set up now where they can go on a run then it all goes down the drain cause of the last Immunity challenge then that dumbass fire making challenge they do now (which I keep forgetting about every season finale) I think this is the first season I didn't know everyone's names by the end, the season was just coma inducing. I hope next season is better but it sounds like another EOE style mess.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The fire making challenge in the end is so annoying. It can take out the best players because of a misplaced twig! They really should get rid of it, it was much better without it because it was pure strategy getting to the top 3.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

DEVENS!! I’m so sad he didn’t win, but I actually give major props to Chris because he played more in the 3 short days he was back, than half the other players. While in some ways it seems unfair, that WAS the premise of this season and I honestly don’t think he was any less deserving than D, he just wasn’t in the game for as long.

I’m glad D won the Sia award! Is that like the new “America’s Favorite Player” award? Maybe she couldn’t be there because she had other obligations?

Next season looks kinda awesome! Glad Rob is back, even if he’s not playing! He already won, so I’m not too disappointed about that. I wonder if they’ll pull a Big Brother, though, and SAY they’re not playing/competing, but halfway through the game, they let them start competing. I’m surprised Rob was willing to go back & leave his family, but I guess that’s how much he loves the game, and I’m sure Amber understands that and had plenty of help with the girls while he was gone.

Also...GUESS WHO?!

Old 05-16-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG JOE IS AN ANGEL and so is Sia
Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Rick interviewing him afterwards.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I fell behind this season, because I just lost interest. Even the possibility of Joe coming back wasn’t enough to keep me going. (Also, The 100 came back on, so that probably factored into it.)

I’m totally split on this finale. There were definitely entertaining moments, and heartbreaking ones. Joe! So close to winning that challenge and getting back in. As a fan, I would have loved to have seen that. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be, and I was so proud of him for immediately hugging Chris and congratulating him. Joe is such a good guy. Also, I did hear about how he cut his hair for charity, and while I’m shallow and miss the long hair and man bun, I’m proud of him for that, too. Class act.

I was rooting for either Lauren, Aurora, or Devens out of the players who were still in the game. I just always liked Lauren, so it was sad to see her misplay her idol. And Devens played his heart out and was very entertaining to watch. He’s a lock to return. Aurora . . . I just really respected how competitive she was and enjoyed seeing her in these challenges. Gavin was a decent player, just bland to me. And Julie never captured my interest.

So then someone else who was bland for me, Chris, ends up getting back in the game. And this is just problematic to me for so many reasons that I’m almost relieved Joe didn’t re-enter the game this way. First off, Final 6 is way too late for that to happen. Second, no way should he have been given an immunity idol! The reward is simply getting back in the game. There doesn’t need to be another reward on top of that. And lastly, Edge of Extinction as a whole . . . I just think it was a failed twist. I did like that it gave us a better opportunity to get to know all the contestants, and I’m sure being out there for the majority of the game was incredibly taxing both physically and mentally. But comparing an Edge player’s game to a regular player’s is like comparing apples and oranges. They’re just so different.

Chris’s move to do the fire challenge was as brilliant as it was reckless. I have to give him props for that. I don’t think he could have won without taking that risk and getting Devens out himself. But come on, the guy was on Edge with Joe, who can literally start a fire by rubbing two sticks together. Really, the final four fire making challenge continues to be a thorn in this show’s side for me. Between that and all these idols, it’s just so over the top these days. We will probably never get a back to basics season, even though I (like many previous contestants) feel like we really need one. (Former contestant reactions to this finale were pretty heated.)

I may have voted for Chris, too, in the end, just because I feel like Gavin wasn’t a fantastic player, and Julie certainly wasn’t, either. But I can totally understand the complaint that someone who only played 13 days won. Sure, Edge had disadvantages, but it also had advantages. I don’t know. The whole victory just comes off feeling . . . strange. But congrats to Chris nonetheless. Now this twist needs to never come back.

Major props to Reem for spending 33 days (I believe) on Edge. I know some people find her annoying, but I really enjoyed her. I’d like to see her get another shot, actually.

The promo of course interested me, because Boston Rob is my all-time favorite! And I know some people here don’t like Sandra, but I’ve always enjoyed her. There is surely a lot of backlash out there about this Island of the Idols thing, but hey, I enjoyed the Coaches season of Big Brother immensely, and I’m always excited to see Rob.
ICON
Old 05-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, all the twists and idols are out of damn hand for sure. I've wanted them to get rid of the idols since they became basically addictive crack when Russell came in and really corrupted them. Sadly, their never going to get rid of them. Their too obsessed with them SMH. I really miss old school Survivor without all these bs idols everywhere.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They could just hide two idols at the beginning and then never re-hide them.
ICON
Old 05-18-2019, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
They could just hide two idols at the beginning and then never re-hide them.
That’d be good.

April, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I know there’s been a lot of mixed reactions about the finale, but I will never think that anyone is a worse winner than Denise. And even though he only played for 13 days, I still think Chris is a more deserving winner than Denise was.

Anyway, totally second what you said about Joe. I still love him to pieces, though! I’m just glad he didn’t completely shave it bald.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait, Denise? From season 25? Okay, you’re gonna have to explain that one, because that woman went to every single tribal council and survived.
ICON