Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

That doesn’t make her a winner in my book. She never did anything else. I just don’t think she should have won...

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-19-2019, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didnt mind the fire challenge a few times but yeah, I dont like it as a new tradition. Maybe it should be more like an earlier challenge instead.

WOW JOE. That is amazing that he didnt keep the money and donated that too. He looks good with short hair anyways, but I'm not sure about the cut lol.... Sia, you are awesome.

IMO Lauren sucked and was way way way overrated. She did nothing in the game except give away her idol and fall for a fake one. Nah.

Quote:
Second, no way should he have been given an immunity idol! The reward is simply getting back in the game. There doesn’t need to be another reward on top of that.
AGREE about this for sure.

They really should do a "back to basics" season with zero twists and zero idols. But I think that can hurt the show too because someone like Devons who everyone loved and was super entertaining really only stuck around because of the idols. It would just be 1 alliance picking everyone off, which I cant stand. So maybe they can still have some idols, just not after ever tribal. I do like the ones they hide AT the challenges because those can be fun to see people try to take.

I think I still would have voted for Gavin. Despite him being a bit bland, I think he earned his spot 10x more than Chris. Devons was different because he got back in much earlier, found a ton of idols to keep him safe and won challenges too, despite everyone being against him. Chris didnt really have to do all that and did get a bit lucky a few times imo. Gavin was dull but played smart the whole game and was never a target even in his own alliance. Getting almost everyone to trust you is a huge skill. I just dont think he was a good talker and didnt do a great job of expressing his game.

I agree with Jess, I didnt like Denise at all.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
That doesn’t make her a winner in my book. She never did anything else. I just don’t think she should have won...
Interesting. Huh, I always thought she was a fine winner. Not one of my favorites, but not one of my least favorites ever. Who did you want to win out of that final 3? (I mean, I was rooting for Malcolm all season long, but that got shot to hell at final 4. If I recall, she wisely betrayed him there, otherwise he would have won.)

I agree that the idols they hide at challenges are better, Alexa. Or there should be higher stakes to taking them. Something like, “If you accept this idol, you will not be able to vote at the next tribal council you attend” or “If you accept this idol, you will automatically have one vote cast against you at the next tribal.” Something where they have to weigh the risk versus reward.

A back to basics season would actually shock the players, and I feel like it would force the strategy to kick into overdrive because that’s pretty much all they would have to rely on. But the show will never do it because more “modern” viewers might find it boring. But the longtime fans are craving it.
ICON
Old 05-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Who did you want to win out of that final 3? (I mean, I was rooting for Malcolm all season long, but that got shot to hell at final 4. If I recall, she wisely betrayed him there, otherwise he would have won.)
Who was in the final 3 with her? Lisa & Michael, right? If that’s who it was, then I wanted Lisa to win. And yes, I was rooting for Malcolm the whole season.

Quote:
I agree with Jess, I didnt like Denise at all.

Quote:
But the longtime fans are craving it.
Yeah, that’s just it. The longtime fans want all the “old” stuff, but the newer viewers don’t even really know the difference, so I guess they don’t really care. I’m still entertained season after season & won’t ever stop watching, but it would be kinda fun/nostalgic to see a new season play out just like season one.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I keep watching, though I’m significantly less entertained than I used to be. I think the last season I really got into was season 33, because I loved Jay and that whole cast. (I know that the likelihood of Jay returning gets slimmer and slimmer every season, but man, I’d love to see it. I think he’d do well.)

I’ve never actually heard this opinion on Denise before, but even though I do disagree with it, I respect it.
ICON
Old 05-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Oh, gosh. Speaking of Denise, she’s supposedly competing in the all winner’s season for Season 40.

Survivor 40’s cast of 20 Survivor winners

Both Rob & Amber! People aren’t gonna be happy to see Rob & Sandra back, competing again after having just seen them as “mentors” the season before. And Ethan!

Old 05-19-2019, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

is that legit?
Old 05-19-2019, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, seems legit. I saw the list on Inside Survivor, too.

Kind of odd that they’d have Sandra and Rob on back to back seasons, but it’s fine by me.

Rob and Amber on a season together again is a production DREAM! And here’s a crazy stat: Amber and Ethan are the only two who have never played the game with hidden immunity idols in play. (Kind of sad, isn’t it?)

Rob, Tony, Sandra, and Parvati all have gigantic targets on their backs. Like almost impossibly massive.

Amber could win the whole damn thing again. Or Danni. Or Michele. I’m shocked they brought Michele back, tbh, as Jeff has always thrown such shade at her.

Rob and Tyson are, like, best friends, so that’s awesome and should be entertaining.

Only ones I’m not eager to see play again are Sophie and Ben. But hello, Yul Kwon, it’s been a while!

It’s very stacked towards more recent seasons, so I wonder if that favors those players at all. (As in pre-game relationships and stuff.)
ICON
Old 05-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Aw hell yes! I'm so glad to see an all winners season finally happen. About time Yul came back, he played such an amazing game on Cook Islands and was one of their best winners IMO.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
And here’s a crazy stat: Amber and Ethan are the only two who have never played the game with hidden immunity idols in play. (Kind of sad, isn’t it?)
Crazy!

The article did say that most of the winners were from the later seasons.

Kim, though! By far one of my favorite winners, besides Rob & Ethan. Def my favorite female winner besides Amber.

Are they starting out with a male tribe & female tribe since it's an even 20? It'll be interesting to see how far Rob & Amber go together or separate. I wonder who's taking care of their girls while they're away! I'm sure family & friends.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe they really will be just mentors then?

I want Malcolm back I know he’s not a winner but still lol. Just to look at.

I don’t remember all these winners but I would if I saw them I think.

Still waiting on a season to do a first evicted season. Lol
Old 05-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wish they could of brought Jenna (Amazon) and the winner of Marquesas back too. It's nice to see Danni back, I remembered liking her too.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I was wondering about Jenna, too! I wish she had come back, but maybe it would have been too awkward with Ethan being there.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Oh damn, I completely forgot they used to date. I'm sure they would of been cordial if they were both there though.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I want Malcolm back I know he’s not a winner but still lol. Just to look at.
Yeah! I think a bunch of us do! His last stint was too short-lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Oh damn, I completely forgot they used to date. I'm sure they would of been cordial if they were both there though.
Yeah, I’m sure there would have been no ill-will & I’m pretty sure Ethan is married now, but it would have been kinda neat if they had teamed up secretly and no one would expect it because they're exes.