Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Punk'd: Coming back soon to an MTV near you

I just found this on People.com [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Months after declaring that he was abandoning his popular MTV prank show "Punk'd," actor Ashton Kutcher used April Fool's day to reveal that he was bringing the show back to the music network for a third season, Reuters reports.

And he really means it. "This is not an April Fool's joke," an MTV spokeswoman told reporters.

The gag show Kutcher hosted became one of MTV's most popular series, as he used his TV time to pull pranks on stars such as Beyonce, Katie Holmes, Tommy Lee and Halle Berry.

But after two highly successful seasons Kutcher walked away from the program, claiming that his busy schedule prevented him from continuing and that he wanted to leave audiences "wanting more."

Regardless, MTV seems genuinely happy to have Kutcher back. "We are always happy to have a show back that does as well as his has," a spokeswoman for the network said. A rep for Katalyst, Kutcher's production company, declined to comment, reports Reuters.

Meanwhile, in the "Punk'd" host's personal life, overseas newspapers were claiming that Kutcher, 26, and squeeze Demi Moore, 41, were pushing ahead with marriage plans -- and that Moore's ex-husband Bruce Willis would even be the couple's best man.

Sounds like an episode of "Punk'd" to us.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

The real world translation of that article:

Ashton Kutcher truly thought his career was going to take off and he'd be the next A-List leading man... And when that didn't happen, he now has to find another source of income because "The '70s Show" just 'aint cutting it for him as far as exposure is concerned.

Kutcher, forced back to doing "Punk'd" has had a terrible time getting roles from real directors and other industry people who have told him, point blank, that "You cannot act and need to take lessons" (reporteldy, director Brian Di Palma was the originator of this quote when Kutcher adutioned for the lead in Di Palma's latest film).

However, on a personal note, Kutcher is still smitten with 41-year old Demi Moore and hopes to ride what's left of her coat tails until something more lucrative comes along. When asked about how he feels about his ex-wife getting married to Kutcher, Bruce Willis responded that he'd even be the Best Man at the wedding because... What do I hvae to lose? This won't last and I can come out of this whole thing smelling like a rose if I just don't act like the jealous or petty ex-husband and the cool friend to my ex-wife and our kids."

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Meanwhile, in the "Punk'd" host's personal life, overseas newspapers were claiming that Kutcher, 26, and squeeze Demi Moore, 41, were pushing ahead with marriage plans -- and that Moore's ex-husband Bruce Willis would even be the couple's best man.
Anyone else think thats a tad to much. I think Ashton tries to hard to come off as the "good guy" and its wearing a little thin. Just me though

As for punked...im surprised...how can people not know by now?!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Ya know... you*d think that people would catch on... but I guess not.. if they wanna bring it back, I*m happy, cause I love the show.. but since it was so popular.. anytime something crazy starts happening, wouldn*t you automatically be like 'ok.. wheres Aston!?' Oh well...

-Dreamer-Groupie-YOR-DirtyBird-JB Obsessie-
Old 04-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, I'm sure most people think 'it would never happen to me' and therefore get fooled. Plus, they use new decoy people so they aren't recognized. I'm glad it's coming back, it was a fun show.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Supreme Fan

I’m happy Punk’d is coming back. I was starting to get tired of the old reruns on mtv. And he may think celebrities wont get punk’d because they know of the show… but c’mon I’m sure there are a ton of celebrities that will fall for all this again.

My Thoughts
Old 04-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I saw a commercial on MTV today saying that it was starting again... the 25th or 26th of April, I can*t remember which one they said... but they said they couldn*t reveal the reason for the show returning, that Aston wanted it to be kept a secret until the premiere.. but it was a good reason... so, who knows whats really going on!

Old 04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Fan

*JUST* saw another preview... the season premiere is Sunday, April 25th, 10/9 central

Old 04-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

i cant wait i love this show!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm glad that Kutch and the gang are back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I mean, it's bad enough that Newlyweds' season is over. Let the pranking of celebrities resume!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Just wanted to come remind everyone: The new season of Punk'd starts tonite!!! Don*t miss it! I*ve been catching the previews alot lately and this new season looks really good!!!

Don*t forget to watch! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot it was today! yay!
Old 04-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the info.

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

wow, the show was kinda boring. Its like the same thing over and over again. I dunno, tonites episode wasn't good... at all.

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Okay, so it wasn't just me? I was looking forward to watching Matthew Perry, but he wasn't really that freaked and the fake cop guy wasn't really working either. Matthew was just too calm for it to be funny I guess.

The originals are still the best...I'll never forget the Justin Timberlake one.