Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovie (View Post)
Make it work!!!

Quote:
Project Runway Season 9: Episode 1 Recap
Posted on 07/28/2011 by Lindsay in Project Runway

By Lindsay Strouse

If there’s one thing Tim Gunn of Project Runway taught us over all these years, it is to make it work. After last season’s extreme talent and high-end drama, not 16 or 17, but 20 new and unique designers enter Season 9 in the hopes of showing America just what they can do with a needle and thread.

For the first time ever, the 20 designers must bring the best of their work before the judges to prove if they’re worthy of actually entering the competition. That’s right, 4 designers are going home within the first 25 minutes. And deciding their fates are expert judges Tim Gunn, Heidi Klum, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia.

The first designer we meet is 35-year-old Kimberly who brings a little urban glam to the screen. Next up is Bryce, bringing along a whole lot of feathers. Perhaps the most shocking designer we meet initially is ****Anya who just learned to sew a mere 4 months ago—but don’t be too impressed, she had more than enough help preparing her designs. The judges are a bit skeptical about whether she will be able to stay afloat all by herself.

Other notable designers are edgy Joshua, foreign wonder Olivier, 57-year-old reformer alcoholic Bert and testicular cancer survivor Anthony Ryan. There’s quite a bit of diversity between these designers, so the judges get right to deliberating. After a tension-filled wait, the first 4 designers leaving Project Runway are David, Gunnar, Amanda and Serena.

Now that we have our official 16 designers, it’s time to get down to business…and there is no time to waste. Tim Gunn welcomes everyone at 5am on the dot for their very first challenge. The pajama-clad contestants are asked to bring one clean sheet from their beds to the Parsons School where they will spend the next several weeks. The challenge is to create an entirely new look out of—you guessed it—their pajamas and a plain bed sheet.

Anya struggles to teach herself how to use a sewing machine as the other designers cut, dye and sew with (slightly more) ease. Bert decides to create a masterpiece out of his boxers and Fallene puts a clown-puking logo on her striped halter dress. There are some interesting textures and concepts happening in the room and I’m excited to see how everything will look once styled on the models.

After the initial fitting with their models, some designers are able to rest easy while others are up all night wondering if they will be able to finish their looks. Once the models are sent to the L’Oreal and Garnier studios and Piperlime wall, our newest group of stressed designers head over to the runway.

After hearing the lavish array of prizes awarded to this season’s winner, the designers mentally prepare for their first show and meet guest judge, actress Christina Ricci.

Laura impresses with 3 finished pieces, including a fully lined jacket. Viktor’s model struts down in a classic white dress with smart black accents. Two of my favorites are Olivier’s simple gray blazer and A-line skirt and Fallene’s striped halter bursting with personality. But what did the judges think?

Anthony Ryan, Rafael, Josh, Anya, Bert and Julie carry the highest and lowest scores of the bunch. Heidi is impressed by how much Anthony Ryan transformed his ill-fitting pajamas into a cool, casual look. All of the judges agree Rafael failed miserably, although Christina commends his detailing on the white top. Even Julie knows her look is a mess, from the poor construction to the confusing fabric patterning.

The judges are able to give themselves a pat on the back for keeping Anya in the competition, for her silk top and beautifully tailored pants are quite impressive considering her brief knowledge of sewing. The design of Bert’s dress is absolutely fabulous, although Michael Kors is not happy with the styling. Josh finds himself in hot water right next to Rafael and immediately regrets his design and styling.

After some harsh critique from the judges and even harsher words during deliberation, they name Bert as the challenge winner, giving him immunity from next week’s elimination. The first designer officially leaving the competition tonight is 27-year-old Rafael.

Check back tomorrow to see RealityWanted’s interview with eliminated contestant Rafael.

Project Runway airs every Thursday at 9/8c on Lifetime.

(Photo courtesy of Lifetime)

Follow Lindsay on Twitter @LindsayStrouse
I loved Bert's outfit, Michael Korrs said the model's makeup and hair was outdated, but who noticed it when the dress was totally cool.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

I like project runway alot
Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

make sure to get new threads added to the board guide
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

If there are more fans
Old 01-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

I've watched the previous seasons and most of episodes of season 9
any one watched?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

This thread has become the Project Runway general discussion thread! Feel free to talk about any past or future seasons of PR here! Please do not open a new thread for each season. Enjoy!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

How is everyone enjoying this season?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the chick who has won two challenges thus far confounds me! i mean, her dress tonight looked like bathroom plumbing.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hoping for a new season or an announcement of one at the very least
Old 10-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Project Runway cheating contestant booted in season 16

Quote:
Project Runway season 16 contestant removed from show for cheating

For the second time in Project Runway history, a contestant has been booted from the show for cheating.

Last week’s episode of the reality show ended on a cliffhanger when designer Michael Brambila walked off the runway after host Heidi Klum announced contestant Claire Buitendorp’s was that week’s winner. Thursday’s episode picked up immediately after and showed both Brambila and fellow contestant Margarita Alvarez explaining to mentor Tim Gunn that Buitendorp had been unfairly re-creating designs.

The designers went back on the runway to explain the situation to Klum, judges Zac Posen and Nina Garcia, and guest judges Yolanda Hadid and Sophia Stallone. Heidi explained it’s against the rules to use the internet, but not against the rules to copy designs or use other designers’ looks as inspiration.

“There is no need for internet when you brought the pieces you’re ripping off,” Brambila said.

Klum reiterated Buitendorp’s win and explained she would receive $25,000 courtesy of challenge sponsor Dixie. Then Klum said contestant Batani-Khalfani was out.

In the waiting room, the designers confronted Buitendorp — who up until the week prior had been competing with her twin sister, Shawn — about keeping a measuring tape in the apartment. She did not deny it and said she wrote down four measurements for a tank top in episode 5.

When Gunn entered the room shortly after, he asked, “Is it true that you’ve had a measuring tape in your room?” and “Is it true that you’ve been measuring garments in your room?” She answered yes to both questions, so Gunn said the show was rescinding her win and sending her home.

In her final confessional, Claire said she was “regretful that I even considered the idea of holding on to something I shouldn’t have had.”

Claire is the second designer to be evicted due to cheating; Keith Michael was sent home in season 3 of Project Runway (when the show aired on Bravo) for keeping pattern-making books in the apartment.

Project Runway airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on Lifetime.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for sharing that news, Christine!

Old 10-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

'Project Runway' fans shocked by botched remembrance of deceased contestant

Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Wow! Heidi always has the best Halloween costumes!

Heidi Klum was perfectly creepy — and incognito — in her iconic Halloween costume

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top